• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Patt Edition: Development Permanently Discontinued

Dairantō Smash Brothers

Smash Historian
NNID
UltraMariio
3DS FC
2638-0093-3000
It's funny, because the first time I ever attempted to get this to work, the splash screen was the normal Wii remote usage thing, but when I got the menu, the music that plays in your mod worked, but the characters weren't all unlocked and had costumes.

BludragonXX

Smash Rookie
I've formatted it 3x with no stages present. Still no luck. Do you think it could actually be the wii itself?

BludragonXX

Smash Rookie
I just download it then copy the files from inside the zipped file to the sd card. That's how the 1st project m worked.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I just download it then copy the files from inside the zipped file to the sd card. That's how the 1st project m worked.
Does the root of your SD card have all the folders in it? Or did you copy the folder that came out of the zip in? Your root should have all the files like the codes folder and the projectm folder

BludragonXX

Smash Rookie
apps
codes
private
projectm
background
boot.elf
Changelog -10
gameconfig
Readme and Troubleshooting
Songs replaced -10
------------------------------
all in that order. you mentioned a launcher patch? was that a fairly recent patch? I haven't re-downloaded it since posting my question.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
Yes sir!

Oh my goodness, Im actually so glad that you got to play! You deserve it my friend, enjoy! I am so sorry it was such a hassle for you :(

I dont think so but I always play the newest version of dolphin. I use dolphin 4.0-2xxx or whatever its on now.
Use this wad. And try not to change the name. Where did you get the boot.elf from? Use this one. Download it and open it when (SD card is in the proper folder, sd card inserted is checked, wad is installed, brawl disc is right clicked and set as default disc. Open the boot.elf with File > Open.

Goodluck! If it doesnt work, Im going to upload a new SD card that has the launcher build in but I dont think that matters. I really want this to work for you!
Don't sweat it. :)

Austinion

Smash Rookie
NNID
Austinion
3DS FC
0387-8835-5934
I've been having some trouble installing Patt Edition on my Homebrewed wii. My SD card is currently the Homebrew default with a Patt Edition project m folder merged with it. It appeared to be working at first, but there's an awful bug that makes the character selector not go down below the Olimar row, and the only way to play as half of the characters is to hit random and hope for the best. Suggestions?

BOWSER_BASHER

Smash Cadet
OK, I believe I've done everything correct. I downloaded the latest update, then copy and pasted it to my 2gig SD card and then put it into my Wii U. When I go to stage builder, it just takes me to stage builder and not to the PM Menu. Anything I could be doing wrong? I'm using the hackless version BTW.

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I've been having some trouble installing Patt Edition on my Homebrewed wii. My SD card is currently the Homebrew default with a Patt Edition project m folder merged with it. It appeared to be working at first, but there's an awful bug that makes the character selector not go down below the Olimar row, and the only way to play as half of the characters is to hit random and hope for the best. Suggestions?
You need to copy the file in the codes section of my build as well. The gct. I'm unsure where it goes in a home brew build.

OK, I believe I've done everything correct. I downloaded the latest update, then copy and pasted it to my 2gig SD card and then put it into my Wii U. When I go to stage builder, it just takes me to stage builder and not to the PM Menu. Anything I could be doing wrong? I'm using the hackless version BTW.
Looks right. Are there any custom stages on your wii u? I'd delete those. Is your sd card locked? It's on the side of the card. The other thing is sometimes, rarely, It just doesn't hook. Unplugging your wii u and trying again helps for me.

BOWSER_BASHER

Smash Cadet
You need to copy the file in the codes section of my build as well. The gct. I'm unsure where it goes in a home brew build.

Looks right. Are there any custom stages on your wii u? I'd delete those. Is your sd card locked? It's on the side of the card. The other thing is sometimes, rarely, It just doesn't hook. Unplugging your wii u and trying again helps for me.
That's what I've been doing, It's unlocked and no custom stages. This is bizarre. Any thing else I can do?

BludragonXX

Smash Rookie
Hey, it works perfectly now. Went through on the first try. Thanks again :) -showers you with appreciation stars-

BOWSER_BASHER

Smash Cadet
No unfortunately, I have a patch online that turns him back to normal ganon.

Just keep trying! What kind if sd card are you using?
A Toshiba I got from Best Buy. It's FAT32 2gigs and everything. Nothing works. What was everybody else done? Any help to offer?

Edit: It's NOT reading the SD card.

Last edited:

Sub_0

Smash Rookie
Love the mod pack to death, has brought hours of entertainment to me and my friends. One question, I was just curious as to how you were able to get extra skins for characters beyond the standard skin limit, I'm trying to put together a small texture pack myself but every time I load the game some of the skins don't show up (Usually the skins past FitCharacter05.pcs). Thanks in advance!

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Love the mod pack to death, has brought hours of entertainment to me and my friends. One question, I was just curious as to how you were able to get extra skins for characters beyond the standard skin limit, I'm trying to put together a small texture pack myself but every time I load the game some of the skins don't show up (Usually the skins past FitCharacter05.pcs). Thanks in advance!
Look into a tool called Cbliss. It's a tool that extends the character limit.

Google or use the search function in the forum :) Goodluck!

Manuel18

Smash Rookie
Hey, it works perfectly now. Went through on the first try. Thanks again :) -showers you with appreciation stars-
Hi, how did you manage to get it work, i am having problems with the homebrew version, I have the same problem, I cant select the second half of the characters. Thanks in advance

Manuel18

Smash Rookie
Your using an older version.

Here's the link to the newest version.
I tried this version, and i have the same problem, i cant select all the characters and the new stages are not available. I dont have any problem when I use the normal project m version. Tried hootype AXNextFrame as well, and its the same.

jojomstark

Smash Rookie
I'm having trouble. I'm getting it to start up, then I get to the opening scene with all the characters on the bottom and Ganondorf on top but then it freezes there and won't continue. Is there something I did wrong or could fix? Well I assume I did SOMETHING wrong, just looking for a hand! Thanks in advance. Also I'm doing this on my hackless Wii.

Last edited:

PorkxAdobo

Smash Rookie
Downloaded this yesterday and its awesome. I was wondering if there a way to add even more skins from say Brawl Vault. Need that Ichigo skin lol.

BOWSER_BASHER

Smash Cadet
Is there a way to take the Mega Charizard X and Y skins (And some other ones) and put them into my regular version of Project M?

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Is there a way to take the Mega Charizard X and Y skins (And some other ones) and put them into my regular version of Project M?
Please visit the thread "Theytahks Mod School" For questions about altering my pack in anyway or adding it to yours. He has all the basic guides and answers for you!
Can I add optional music for certain stages, or even the main menu?
Yes you can, I have a stage list in the OP. Just download whatever song and name it the same name as the song you wish to replace.
Pretty noobish to this hack stuff but i get most of it.
Please visit the thread "Theytahks Mod School" For questions about altering my pack in anyway or adding it to yours. He has all the basic guides and answers for you!

Manuel18

Smash Rookie
It works now, the problem was the way I was booting the game. is against the rules of smashboards, if I explain how to launch the mod when we are booting from Usb?

Nekoarashi

Smash Rookie
Hey Patt- would you at all be willing to bring back the "Green Hawk" skin for Falco? Also can you bring Klonoa in as well? I love that skin..also is there a way to build an ISO with your files? It doesn't allow the lower half of the char select screen to be used when I try.

Top Bottom