• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Patt Edition: Development Permanently Discontinued

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
By the way, make sure if you play my pack to make comments on any freezing or misplaced portraits or anything out of place that you find! Remember to format your SD card and make sure to have nothing on your card (also no stages in stage builder!).

It's uploading at the moment but it should be up within the hour! Enjoy!

schavira

Smash Journeyman
Is the link updated? I don't want to go through the whole booting up Windows process just for the old version.

schavira

Smash Journeyman
It would help a lot in the future if you could upload sd.raw versions for Mac/Dolphin users. Also, do we need to install this on top of the naked 3.02, or are the only needed files in the Mediafire link?

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
It would help a lot in the future if you could upload sd.raw versions for Mac/Dolphin users. Also, do we need to install this on top of the naked 3.02, or are the only needed files in the Mediafire link?
I have that raw file and will upload it for future references. I use dolphin as well.

Format your card and place my pack onto it. That's all. I always package the complete thing.

Last edited:

schavira

Smash Journeyman
Wow, this is a masterpiece. Only things I have noticed so far are Buzz Lightyear (Samus) disappears doing down B and you replaced Temple/Pirate Ship! It would be really great to see them restored, but I mean it is your pack. The Namek stage is excellent.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Wow, this is a masterpiece. Only things I have noticed so far are Buzz Lightyear (Samus) disappears doing down B and you replaced Temple/Pirate Ship! It would be really great to see them restored, but I mean it is your pack. The Namek stage is excellent.
Buzz probably doesn't have a ball model I guess. I'll replace him! And as for the stages. I've always wets to switch up the temple stage. It's still the same stage, just with snow texture (the SSS portrait is wrong). And pirate ship.. Well despite the level being a little glitchy I've been waiting for a one piece themed level for forever.. So feel free to change it on your own haha :p Thanks for enjoying it and keep me posted with bugs and such!

schavira

Smash Journeyman
Buzz probably doesn't have a ball model I guess. I'll replace him! And as for the stages. I've always wets to switch up the temple stage. It's still the same stage, just with snow texture (the SSS portrait is wrong). And pirate ship.. Well despite the level being a little glitchy I've been waiting for a one piece themed level for forever.. So feel free to change it on your own haha :p Thanks for enjoying it and keep me posted with bugs and such!
Keep Buzz! It is worth it. Maybe replace Peach's Castle 64 or Project M WarioWare with the original Pirate Ship? And never get rid of the Bowser N64 arena, it is so much fun.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Keep Buzz! It is worth it. Maybe replace Peach's Castle 64 or Project M WarioWare with the original Pirate Ship? And never get rid of the Bowser N64 arena, it is so much fun.
That's a good idea! Noted. Make sure to spread the word to people!

EDIT: I'm updating the OP but for now anyone who downloads this pack please note that the following stages suffer from music issues (where it cuts out half way through the song and plays a different one) If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know!

Ganon's Tower
Bell Tower
Coconut Mall
Sacred Realm
(And maybe others I'm still searching)

Also found the following UI errors:
Game and Watch has the wrong portraits
Temple has the wrong SSS icon

As well as the following freezes:
Down B on greninja causes freeze
Down B on faith causes freeze
(I have the PACs and PCSs anyone know how to fix this issue or what might be causing it?)

Last edited:

ZacTASTIC

Smash Apprentice
I loved your last builds, but stopped using it because the textures were not very team-friendly (Very hard to tell who's on what team in 2v2s). Is that still an issue?

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I loved your last builds, but stopped using it because the textures were not very team-friendly (Very hard to tell who's on what team in 2v2s). Is that still an issue?
Oh it's still very much an issue haha. It will always be though sadly. You just have to remember who is on your team. Sorry it's not a tournament friendly build and there are no real matching colours.

Hope you can enjoy it none the less!

Last edited:

DexterTheThird

Smash Rookie
Hey Patt, just created a new account (since I can't find the credentials for my old one, ha ha) to say that my friends and I love your expansion pack. The stages are great and the skins are awesome! Keep up the awesomeness.
Just downloaded version 05 and it's looking great. Just a few things/Qs for you:

1. As soon as I booted it up, I hit "A" on the intro video and got a freeze on the title screen. When I used "start" to skip the intro video and take me straight to the menu, it worked fine. Might want to check that title screen freeze.
2. Love the new UI for the CSS and the portraits/names returning to the % gauge.
3. The new female announcer is...really bad, I hate to say it. If I wanted to revert the announcer to the Project M default (or the Melee announcer soundpack you had for version 04), how would I go about doing that?
4. Is there a readme for all the music replacements you did, in case I want to replace the stage music myself? It's hard to trace what files replace what in-game since the stage select got expanded. The readme in the brstm folder doesn't seem to match up.
5. Mostly asking #4 because WHY DID YOU CHANGE THE MUSIC ON BOWSER 64 STAGE? lol Sorry, it's just that the 04 version had the most kickingest remix on default and it's strangely absent in 05. Unless I'm missing something...

Anyway, thanks for all the help.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I built this one from the ground up. The reason it's different is because NFreak had all different stuff and a different build which I'm not using. So I'll have to find that song file and re add it!

I've never had the freeze before! Try reformatting?

Download the stage tools from libertyernie that will help you look at what songs are there.

The female announcer is somewhere in the SFX files, so you'll have to find that to remove it!

Thanks for the updates!

schavira

Smash Journeyman
Alright, first big thing of concern I have noticed is that the classic N64 music has been replaced with the Brawl songs that occupied those spots! I assume this is not your fault but fixing this should be top priority, even if it means pushing out a minor update this week.

Also, is there a Finn skin on anyone? Just curious. Couldn't find one.

Finally, some of the great stages you had in the last version that ran at full speed (Chemical Plant Zone, dark Namek that ancient Asian temple over one of the flat stages, and there was another one like that) are gone. I would much rather see these than the salvaged Brawl stages (Online Practice Stage, original Norfair, Brawl Final Destination, etc.).

Stages I would cut:
Brawl Final Destination
Brawl Norfair
Online Practice Stage
Project M WarioWare, Inc. (We have enough tournament legal stages, normal WarioWare is a lot more fun)
Frigate Orpheon (just because it is terrible)

Stages to Revive:
Melee Temple
Any cut Melee stages I am not noticing are gone
Brawl Pirate Ship
The stages you cut from your old pack that ran at full speed (Chemical Plant Zone, dying Namek, those two fighting game looking stages I mentioned, anything else that runs well I am forgetting)

Put Metal Cavern over something else so the music actually works, and put the original Mushroomy Kingdom in its place

AND PLEASE BRING BACK THE N64 MUSIC!)

schavira

Smash Journeyman
I actually like the new announcer a lot, except Roy and Mewtwo sound like and probably are announced by a different woman. Also I really dig Sacred Realm, and it runs at full speed surprisingly. What second page Project M stages did you cut? I think Lylat Cruise is gone, it would be nice to see that resinstated over one of the other Brawl stages I mentioned cutting, but it doesn't matter that much. Would definitely rather have that than Frigate Orpheon. What else did you kill though? I see two changed slots, the Ruby/Sapphire stage and the Bowser 64 stage.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I actually like the new announcer a lot, except Roy and Mewtwo sound like and probably are announced by a different woman. Also I really dig Sacred Realm, and it runs at full speed surprisingly. What second page Project M stages did you cut? I think Lylat Cruise is gone, it would be nice to see that resinstated over one of the other Brawl stages I mentioned cutting, but it doesn't matter that much. Would definitely rather have that than Frigate Orpheon. What else did you kill though? I see two changed slots, the Ruby/Sapphire stage and the Bowser 64 stage.
Ill work on adding some of those stages in. I only removed all the flat zone stages, and new pork city and green hill zone. As well as some others. Ill keep your suggestions in mind when I do some updating!

schavira

Smash Journeyman
And again, restoring the N64 music should be top priority above all else. No one wants to hear the Brawl soundtrack!

PKSBL2011

Smash Rookie
Hey so far I really like the new pack. I would love for the sheik skins to get fixed just because I like to do random matches and would hate to get limited to just zelda if I get her by random. The only other problem that I had was that pretty much every one piece skin got cut. I think it is kind of ironic that you said you were waiting for a one piece map forever (which is awesome!) but you took out zoro and brooke which were two awesome skins. Just some food for thought. The new pack is awesome though so keep up the good work.

brothan323

Smash Rookie
This doesn't work, the earlier version still works. What is happening is that gecko will say it's loading the codes, but it won't actually load them

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
This doesn't work, the earlier version still works. What is happening is that gecko will say it's loading the codes, but it won't actually load them
It's working for everyone else, so try formatting your card and trying again.

Please bring back Zoro...
My one piece friends have been too quiet! I thought no one wanted those skins.. Consider it done :)

Hey so far I really like the new pack. I would love for the sheik skins to get fixed just because I like to do random matches and would hate to get limited to just zelda if I get her by random. The only other problem that I had was that pretty much every one piece skin got cut. I think it is kind of ironic that you said you were waiting for a one piece map forever (which is awesome!) but you took out zoro and brooke which were two awesome skins. Just some food for thought. The new pack is awesome though so keep up the good work.
Agreed on the sheik skins and one piece will make a some back for sure :) I miss him too. Glad to hear you guys speaking out, cause I don't know if your unhappy if you don't tell me. Keep the feedback coming!

DexterTheThird

Smash Rookie
Awesome, I got the tools and was able to find out which songs corresponded to each stage. Thanks Patt!
Just one last question - do you know which sfx files correspond to each character with alternative sound effects aside from the announcer? I'm going to keep some that I like (Sonic Adventure 2 Sonic) but delete the several that I don't (Marth's Kilik voice over, Pit's, Luigi/Peach Melee). If you don't know I can just play around deleting them individually and experiment to find out which are which, but if you have a list, that'd save me some time.

Stages are great, I'd take the advice of others and feel free to trim out the Online Practice Stage and the Project M Training Room for some other choices from previous cuts. I'd like to nominate the Cave Story stage from 04, but do whatever you like. =]
I'd like to see the Mickey skin back for Mario too, definitely fun to play as and do the Mickey laugh every time I KO my brother.
Thanks as always.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Awesome, I got the tools and was able to find out which songs corresponded to each stage. Thanks Patt!
Just one last question - do you know which sfx files correspond to each character with alternative sound effects aside from the announcer? I'm going to keep some that I like (Sonic Adventure 2 Sonic) but delete the several that I don't (Marth's Kilik voice over, Pit's, Luigi/Peach Melee). If you don't know I can just play around deleting them individually and experiment to find out which are which, but if you have a list, that'd save me some time.

Stages are great, I'd take the advice of others and feel free to trim out the Online Practice Stage and the Project M Training Room for some other choices from previous cuts. I'd like to nominate the Cave Story stage from 04, but do whatever you like. =]
I'd like to see the Mickey skin back for Mario too, definitely fun to play as and do the Mickey laugh every time I KO my brother.
Thanks as always.
No problem man. I'll be keeping all the suggestions together for the next version of this pack but I hope to push a patch for the sheik freezing soon!

In regards to the SFX, I have no idea what is what, but if you can tell me which file equals what character that would be great for me later! Thanks!

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Upon switching Sonic's costume to Super Sonic (knight form) in classic mode, the game freezes. I'm using a hackless Wii.
Classic mode? And I'm assuming you mean Excalibur sonic. And when you say switch too are you referring to changing character portraits? Or are you talking super sonic with a smash ball?

LSDxButtCheekzz

Smash Rookie
Classic mode? And I'm assuming you mean Excalibur sonic. And when you say switch too are you referring to changing character portraits? Or are you talking super sonic with a smash ball?
Sorry for the clarification issues; I mean when I switch Sonic's portrait from default to Excalibur Sonic, the game freezes. Works fine in versus, but in classic it just freezes.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Sorry for the clarification issues; I mean when I switch Sonic's portrait from default to Excalibur Sonic, the game freezes. Works fine in versus, but in classic it just freezes.
Odd. It may have to do with his PAC files. I'll have do some testing because I never play single player modes! Thanks for the bug report.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Okay! I've been working hard today at fixing bugs, songs, stages and characters and so I hope to have a new pack out by this weekend! I'll try to update a changelog this time so bear with me on that. Added a lot of your suggestions so keep an eye out!

schavira

Smash Journeyman
Okay! I've been working hard today at fixing bugs, songs, stages and characters and so I hope to have a new pack out by this weekend! I'll try to update a changelog this time so bear with me on that. Added a lot of your suggestions so keep an eye out!
And you restored the N64 music, right? <3

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
And you restored the N64 music, right? <3
Well I looked into that and it seemed to me the music was fine? What stages exactly are you concerned about and to which songs do you want them restored to? That's one of the last things I need to do.

EDIT: In the CEP there are multiple songs per N64 stage, so the classic song is in there, it's just cycling through the non classic ones as well. I will look for a fix for this. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:
NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
Well, I'm back after a long Smashboards hiatus! I'm a Playtester for Project M Unbound, and after a while, decided that if I AFK'D for too long, they'd fire me. I don't want that... Anyways, I'll download your pack and another one first thing tomorrow and give you my feedback.
P.S. I'm just starting One Piece, and I'd like to know if Zoro went anywhere, or if more One Piece characters were added. Zoro's my favorite One Piece character, and it'd be sad to see him go.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Well, I'm back after a long Smashboards hiatus! I'm a Playtester for Project M Unbound, and after a while, decided that if I AFK'D for too long, they'd fire me. I don't want that... Anyways, I'll download your pack and another one first thing tomorrow and give you my feedback.
P.S. I'm just starting One Piece, and I'd like to know if Zoro went anywhere, or if more One Piece characters were added. Zoro's my favorite One Piece character, and it'd be sad to see him go.
I added back most of the one piece characters that I had removed :) The next update is coming soon, I'm just working out a lot of sound issues and one nagging issues with a shiek freeze. Stay posted!

EDIT:

Things I've finished so far:

Fixed sheik issues: DONE
Adding back stages that were removed: DONE
Testing "press A button at start screen causes freezing: CHECKED AND NON EXISTENT (make sure to re format your cards everyone!)
Adding new characters: DONE

As for things not done yet:
I'm having a huge issue with songs cutting out mid way during game play. They are all songs that I have added.. Does anyone know how to fix this? Is there a song size limit? Any help would be appreciated.

I'm also working on reducing the lag on certain characters. Anyone know of a good way to do this? I have great photoshop and brawlbox skills, I just need to know what should be resized and to what ect.

Working on replacing the music on custom n64 stages with the classic n64 music. Once I figure out how to make songs not cut out this will be easy to accomplish.

I've found the glitch when cycling through sonic's skins. I'm going to do more testing in order to find a solution.

I am going to do more item game play testing just to make sure that no character has any issues with items.

I am also going to take a look at the music selection menu and see if I can stabilize it.

I AM ALMOST THERE! I am really looking forward to releasing a build that has zero glitches so please be patient :) Thanks for all your feedback, and as always, if you have any thing you'd like me to add to the pack please tell me soon!

Last edited:
Top Bottom