• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Patt Edition: Development Permanently Discontinued

supersmashman+

Smash Rookie
okay, now l got it! changed the link to the appropriate one ↑ sorry for the confusion

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Awesome! Figured out how to fix any sound issues. It happens to me mostly because I'm putting songs in and out while testing my compilation, but if your songs start glitching out like mine just format your card and place the whole pack back in. That will fix everything!

OKAY now on to adding thematic songs to certain stage, restoring N64 music, renewing a few more stages, attempting to fix music selection menu, dealing with solo modes freezing issues (I may not be able to do anything about this..), and adding a few more hours to my play testing! I see the light everyone. Hopefully a weekend release is on the table.

EDIT: Just checked excalibur sonic and there doesn't seem to be freezing on solo mode now that I formatted and reapplied my mod. Yay another bug down!

Last edited:

supersmashman+

Smash Rookie
Awesome! Figured out how to fix any sound issues. It happens to me mostly because I'm putting songs in and out while testing my compilation, but if your songs start glitching out like mine just format your card and place the whole pack back in. That will fix everything!

OKAY now on to adding thematic songs to certain stage, restoring N64 music, renewing a few more stages, attempting to fix music selection menu, dealing with solo modes freezing issues (I may not be able to do anything about this..), and adding a few more hours to my play testing! I see the light everyone. Hopefully a weekend release is on the table.

EDIT: Just checked excalibur sonic and there doesn't seem to be freezing on solo mode now that I formatted and reapplied my mod. Yay another bug down!
sounds great thanks! and l'll be sure to do that if ever come across that problem,looking foward to playing your next build

supersmashman+

Smash Rookie
Okay then thanks anyway! :) well l hope that you're able to since l don't have the slightes idea of how to put the music in myself*yeah l know.. l'm what you call a noob at this stuff * but if you can't that's fine,l gonna enjoy the build either way thanks for making this possible, your build is by far one of the best ones l ever played so far,and thus hoping that you keep at it with the awesome work!

Last edited:

MatCat45

Smash Rookie
Pat once i am on the mediafire link and i do the captia and click download it dosent start downloading help

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Pat once i am on the mediafire link and i do the captia and click download it dosent start downloading help
It's okay haha I saw you the first time. I updated the link so give that a try. Just tested it and it worked for me :) Have patience when posting; I do have a life you know ;)

Last edited:

MatCat45

Smash Rookie
I think it is my internet because whenever i click download it said an error occured

MatCat45

Smash Rookie
Sorry and it randomly started downloading after 2 hours do i also need to install project m?

schavira

Smash Journeyman
The wait is killing me. Also, where did your peacoat go!? I miss it :(

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
The wait is killing me. Also, where did your peacoat go!? I miss it :(
I simplified... But in the new update if you watch the beginning movie there's a surprise in there :p

Also: Uploaded!

EDIT: In regards to the N64 songs. I believe what happened was there is one N64 song and a bunch of other songs (hyrule castle was over bridge of eldin and eldin has a but load of other songs). So in this iteration what I did was replace most of eldins songs with other retro or cool songs. IF you find this annoying, I could release a patch that makes the classic song the default one (pretty much replace all songs on hyrule with that one N64 song). That's if you don't like it. Let me know! This can be done with any N64 stage of course.

Now to work on screenshots, a video, and updating the character and stage lists! (Not looking forward to this haha)

Last edited:

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
awesome. A way to fix the default song on the N64 stages woulbd be to select the right original song in the music menu of regular brawl before booting up PM right? (for example if I make 1 song play 100% of the time and the rest 0%) which original brawl stage songs are the original n64 stage music over?

Glad to see this update, I'll be hosting a 16-man Tourney in the next few days and your version -06 is the one i'll be using, cant wait to show all the friends!

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
awesome. A way to fix the default song on the N64 stages woulbd be to select the right original song in the music menu of regular brawl before booting up PM right? (for example if I make 1 song play 100% of the time and the rest 0%) which original brawl stage songs are the original n64 stage music over?

Glad to see this update, I'll be hosting a 16-man Tourney in the next few days and your version -06 is the one i'll be using, cant wait to show all the friends!
Oh man! I'm kinda nervous hahaha. I'll make sure to troubleshoot any glitches (there shouldn't be any) before that tourney! I'm honored!

And if you mean via the music selection screen that may not work because I haven't got it to work the way it should yet. It doesn't read the CEP properly.

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
Seems real smooth so far playing by myself for a bit just testing all the new skins, i do miss the classic n64 stages music though. (especially hyrule) although its not that big of a deal. I'll be spreading a copy of my SD card to my friends to practice with and test, ill report back if theres any bugs they notice or things of that sort.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Seems real smooth so far playing by myself for a bit just testing all the new skins, i do miss the classic n64 stages music though. (especially hyrule) although its not that big of a deal. I'll be spreading a copy of my SD card to my friends to practice with and test, ill report back if theres any bugs they notice or things of that sort.
The n64 songs are still there. It's just with CEP there are 8 other songs it cycles through.

Drinz

Smash Rookie
Really sad about losing draculas castle and hollowed solider :(

caLviN-1260

Smash Apprentice
NNID
caLviN-1260
A player by the name of 420XX brought this to NorthWest Majors, and M2K came over to play on it. The next 30 minutes were spent by M2K and three other people laughing their heads off over Robert Downey Jr among other odd character skins.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
A player by the name of 420XX brought this to NorthWest Majors, and M2K came over to play on it. The next 30 minutes were spent by M2K and three other people laughing their heads off over Robert Downey Jr among other odd character skins.
WHAT!!!! Holy cow haha I'm honored! That's so cool. Hope it didn't freeze. Geez I'm taken aback thinking that something I decided to do a long time ago, before anyone had released packs like this, has reached so far to so many places. Thanks for telling me this it's really encouraging!

Really sad about losing draculas castle and hollowed solider :(
Thanks for saying something! Depending on how it goes those two will make a comeback in -07 or in the patch that I may release. Hope you enjoy it none the less!

Last edited:

schavira

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I just did a play through, and there are still some major issues with the audio:

Metal Cavern - Playing the Mushroomy Kingdom songs. Solution: just put Mushroomy Kingdom in this slot and Metal Cavern where you have MK right now? Problem solved? Otherwise you will have to go through and replace every single track with the N64 Metal theme.
Dreamland 64 - The soundtrack reverted to the Melee songs! It isn't Smash Bros. without the Dreamland 64 song!
Fountain of Dreams - Uh...why is there new music? What? This is blasphemy, change it back immediately! Or at least give us the option to hear the Melee song.
Peach's Castle Melee - Playing the Mario Kart level music for some reason.
Fourside - Playing the New Pork City music, which is terrible. Please fix immediately!
Kongo Jungle 64 - Playing the retro Donkey Kong stage music from Brawl
Saffron City 64 - still has the Spear Pillar music over it! We need the N64 Smash Pokémon theme!
Hyrule Castle 64 - Alright, not going to lie. This is a travesty. I don't know what convinced you to put some Guitar Center status cover in place of the classic N64 Zelda theme but this needs to be fixed immediately because it is disgraceful. Seriously! What were you thinking!

People don't want to hear OCRemix or bad YouTube covers. They want the original songs! At least give us the option, and make whatever else you want to include secondary!

I would say the greatest concern facing this mod right now is stage audio. When my friends were over a couple weeks back we had to play it on mute because they just did not want to hear anything but the classics. This is what makes your mod special! You keep all the great Melee/N64 things in place! Don't take that away!

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Alright, I just did a play through, and there are still some major issues with the audio:

Metal Cavern - Playing the Mushroomy Kingdom songs. Solution: just put Mushroomy Kingdom in this slot and Metal Cavern where you have MK right now? Problem solved? Otherwise you will have to go through and replace every single track with the N64 Metal theme.
Dreamland 64 - The soundtrack reverted to the Melee songs! It isn't Smash Bros. without the Dreamland 64 song!
Fountain of Dreams - Uh...why is there new music? What? This is blasphemy, change it back immediately! Or at least give us the option to hear the Melee song.
Peach's Castle Melee - Playing the Mario Kart level music for some reason.
Fourside - Playing the New Pork City music, which is terrible. Please fix immediately!
Kongo Jungle 64 - Playing the retro Donkey Kong stage music from Brawl
Saffron City 64 - still has the Spear Pillar music over it! We need the N64 Smash Pokémon theme!
Hyrule Castle 64 - Alright, not going to lie. This is a travesty. I don't know what convinced you to put some Guitar Center status cover in place of the classic N64 Zelda theme but this needs to be fixed immediately because it is disgraceful. Seriously! What were you thinking!

People don't want to hear OCRemix or bad YouTube covers. They want the original songs! At least give us the option, and make whatever else you want to include secondary!

I would say the greatest concern facing this mod right now is stage audio. When my friends were over a couple weeks back we had to play it on mute because they just did not want to hear anything but the classics. This is what makes your mod special! You keep all the great Melee/N64 things in place! Don't take that away!
This actually makes my life easy. I'm going to release a patch that covers up all the classic stages music slots with just one song. I'll make that one song the classic version for each of the stages mentioned. I was trying to cover up brawl's songs with "classic songs" but I guess I misunderstood what you wanted haha.

Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Patt, in the OP there's no information on Ganondorf. I just wanted to see what version of sword ganon you're using.

Thank you as always.

schavira

Smash Journeyman
This actually makes my life easy. I'm going to release a patch that covers up all the classic stages music slots with just one song. I'll make that one song the classic version for each of the stages mentioned. I was trying to cover up brawl's songs with "classic songs" but I guess I misunderstood what you wanted haha.

Thanks for the feedback.
Yeah, we really just want the N64 and Melee songs as the default options. You can include anything else you want! But the N64 and Melee versions have to be there, it is essential. Thank you for being so responsive.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Yeah, we really just want the N64 and Melee songs as the default options. You can include anything else you want! But the N64 and Melee versions have to be there, it is essential. Thank you for being so responsive.
Like I've been saying, they are there. Each stage you mentioned has it's classic song. Brawl has just been cycling through all the other 6 or so songs that have been assigned to that level as well. Now if I could just get the music selection menu working..

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Patt, in the OP there's no information on Ganondorf. I just wanted to see what version of sword ganon you're using.

Thank you as always.
I'm not using the most recent tri force ganon but the one prior. I'm using (forgive spelling on mobile and can't research) ashigndnas or something and not bronze's.

schavira

Smash Journeyman
Like I've been saying, they are there. Each stage you mentioned has it's classic song. Brawl has just been cycling through all the other 6 or so songs that have been assigned to that level as well. Now if I could just get the music selection menu working..
The classic songs are definitely not there. I have checked, multiple times.

Drinz

Smash Rookie
WHAT!!!! Holy cow haha I'm honored! That's so cool. Hope it didn't freeze. Geez I'm taken aback thinking that something I decided to do a long time ago, before anyone had released packs like this, has reached so far to so many places. Thanks for telling me this it's really encouraging!

Thanks for saying something! Depending on how it goes those two will make a comeback in -07 or in the patch that I may release. Hope you enjoy it none the less!
Im still liking the new version :D I can live without the draculas castle but the hollowed solider one one of our favorite skins because we are huge fans of the games xD.

Really good job on everything and fixing the sheik bug!!!

PKMN Trainer Cj

Smash Rookie
Could you replace mega blastoise bowser skin with normal blastoise, add in a galactic knight skin for meta knight, and a very personal request can you put back the melee announcer?

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Could you replace mega blastoise bowser skin with normal blastoise, add in a galactic knight skin for meta knight, and a very personal request can you put back the melee announcer?
Completely agree about bowser, agree about metaknight and... Yah probably about the announcer. Maybe I'll include seperate folders for those that want to choose.

Im still liking the new version :D I can live without the draculas castle but the hollowed solider one one of our favorite skins because we are huge fans of the games xD.

Really good job on everything and fixing the sheik bug!!!
No problem I'll see about add him back!

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Completely agree about bowser, agree about metaknight and... Yah probably about the announcer. Maybe I'll include seperate folders for those that want to choose.

No problem I'll see about add him back!
The classic songs are definitely not there. I have checked, multiple times.
I will for sure make sure they are there next time! I'll push an update/patch sometime this week! Sorry again!

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Okay everyone! Based on the quick initial response I'm posting a patch and update that does the following:

Changes all songs on all classic stages to ONE SONG, that song being the classic songs everyone wants. Due to the nature of Brawl and my inability to fix music selection screen this will suffice for now.

Replacing melee announcer

Adding back Blastoise, hallowed solider and galactic metaknight.

Adding new triforce ganon (as this leaves normal fist ganon unchanged for those who don't care to use sword/triforce ganon.

And other stuff I find. The patch will "boost" your -06 packs to the -07 pack that I will be uploading. I'll have a readme in the patch explaining what to do.

Last edited:

AZSinger

Smash Rookie
Hi just recently downloaded your build and it's awesome, my friends and I all love it and everything works fine. I was just wondering if there was a way to pull skins and character skin portraits from your mod or other mods and combine them, you know sort of choosing all the favorites. I think I was able to move some skins around but not the portraits so it was confusing. If you could tell me how or point me to a link I'd really appreciate it, thanks!

Top Bottom