• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

HCRAYERT

Smash Apprentice
SuperMakoa I know I suck but I wasn't playing bad on purpose I was doing my best.but it wasn't enough so will we play again sometime.

HCRAYERT

Smash Apprentice
It's just that most of the time I didn't even know who was in my teamalso you and you're brother did a team I mean 2 players vs 1 player since I was by myself you know that's not fair right.

imabudaddict

Smash Cadet
NNID
imabudaddict
Hey Smash Fam, I got PM 3.6 homebrew and wiimmfi enabled. Lets have some 1v1s! I'm online most of the time and always looking for competition. I'm also interested in streaming the fights on twitch/imabudaddict. If you're interested, hit me up!

PM Friend Code: 0907-9448-2749

TCHDud3

Smash Journeyman
Hey Smash Fam, I got PM 3.6 homebrew and wiimmfi enabled. Lets have some 1v1s! I'm online most of the time and always looking for competition. I'm also interested in streaming the fights on twitch/imabudaddict. If you're interested, hit me up!

PM Friend Code: 0907-9448-2749
You available play now or later today?

imabudaddict

Smash Cadet
NNID
imabudaddict
Yo, I got a question for you guys! Is anyone here still active online via. wiimmfi servers using Project M 3.6? Or more Importantly, does anyone know if Smash Bros. Legacy M 3.6 Version 1.21 is compatible with online play? I need as many active friends as possible so hmu if you have a Project M friend code :D
My Friend Code is: 0907-9448-2749

imabudaddict

Smash Cadet
NNID
imabudaddict
You available play now or later today?
Nice games man, I'd say your strongest characters are Charizard, Roy, and Mewtwo. Mine are probably Ivy, Yoshi and Young Link. I know i'm a huge noob but you're the first competitive opponent ive faced on PM so far other than friends, and you're also very talented. Along with the lag, I need alot of work but i'd be glad to practice with you again bro!

TCHDud3

Smash Journeyman
Nice games man, I'd say your strongest characters are Charizard, Roy, and Mewtwo. Mine are probably Ivy, Yoshi and Young Link. I know i'm a huge noob but you're the first competitive opponent ive faced on PM so far other than friends, and you're also very talented. Along with the lag, I need alot of work but i'd be glad to practice with you again bro!
Appreciated. Yeah most ppl who play PM usually go on to Netplay. There are a lot of hidden and awesome bosses in the PM community. Took me a long time to learn about this game...getting wreck and learning my mistakes.

Edit: You got a tricky Ivy.

Err....I guess your console freeze? Happens :/

WiFi is going bonkers. Some stages on PM WiFi desyncs for some reason. Usually fd, battle, smash are fine, but others depends...

Last edited:

TCHDud3

Smash Journeyman
GGs imabudaddict. Going to take a breather...its been around 45+ minutes...lol. Nice Ivy, toon, and yoshi.

imabudaddict

Smash Cadet
NNID
imabudaddict
Appreciated. Yeah most ppl who play PM usually go on to Netplay. There are a lot of hidden and awesome bosses in the PM community. Took me a long time to learn about this game...getting wreck and learning my mistakes.

Edit: You got a tricky Ivy.

Err....I guess your console freeze? Happens :/
Well my power went off a few times and my kill/death ratio is garbage, but that was fun THCDude! If i said we were back and forth i'd be lying...you destroyed me and i got a few lucky wins in XD but that's about it. Nice reads/combos my friend! I'm down for doubles whenever, lemme know guys

TCHDud3

Smash Journeyman
Well my power went off a few times and my kill/death ratio is garbage, but that was fun THCDude! If i said we were back and forth i'd be lying...you destroyed me and i got a few lucky wins in XD but that's about it. Nice reads/combos my friend! I'm down for doubles whenever, lemme know guys
Thanks. I usually go to character forums, PM videos/streams, and etc. in getting fundamentals and mechanics down. You'll be surprised on how each player uses the characters (play-styles) and knowing what works and doesn't. Learning match-ups, spacing, teching, footstooling, and all the jazz really helps out. You can ask anyone here for specific characters or options and don't be afraid to.

There is a skype group that ppl go to, but mostly ppl go to smashladders (using Netplay) to get the most experience.

My bad with the wall of text :/

imabudaddict

Smash Cadet
NNID
imabudaddict
Thanks for the advice man! I think i have a somewhat basic knowledge of the mechanics since i've put a decent chunk of hours into Melee, on the other hand putting all those techniques into play fluently against a real player along with very slight lag is the real challenge! There are tons more meta game options when it comes to character diversity, pressure, and balance compared to Melee. I'm still learning alot of the stuff PM has to offer, and having the Smash fam to compete with makes playing that much more enjoyable. :)

imabudaddict

Smash Cadet
NNID
imabudaddict
How i feel right now patiently waiting for a game starring blankly at the forum page and spamming the refresh button while stuffing my face....

HCRAYERT

Smash Apprentice
Imabudaddict I will add you tell me are you available today at 5 pm. And TCHDude3 I don't use wimmifi to play project m 3.6 homebrew online I just use the wifi addon.

imabudaddict

Smash Cadet
NNID
imabudaddict
Imabudaddict I will add you tell me are you available today at 5 pm. And TCHDude3 I don't use wimmifi to play project m 3.6 homebrew online I just use the wifi addon.
Cool man i added you this morning, i'll have a few matches with yah. And yeah i'll be on around 5pm for sure!

HCRAYERT

Smash Apprentice
Can someone in here give me an advice to be good at project m because I been playing it for a month now and I still can't improve.

imabudaddict

Smash Cadet
NNID
imabudaddict
Can someone in here give me an advice to be good at project m because I been playing it for a month now and I still can't improve.
Even though I have no room to talk, my only suggestion for you is to find a character you have fun playing with. That way you can learn all their moves, strengths and weaknesses, limitations/reach, etc. let's have a few rounds and we'll see what we both need to improve on :D

TCHDud3

Smash Journeyman
I'm down to play games. Hopefully we can connect and not have the problems before.

HCRAYERT

Smash Apprentice
Imabudaddict I'm a noob as I said before so don't expect me to give you a big fight.

HCRAYERT

Smash Apprentice
Mattchu I will play with you my FC is 344197550152 I'm available today at 5 pm I will battle other people so just join our game.

Last edited:

TCHDud3

Smash Journeyman
I'm fine with 2v2, but I'm not sure how well its going to go especially with connection issues. I'm cool with it. Hope it works.

Edit: If we do teams, what color is everyone going with?

Edit2: The connection struggle is real....yo
I guess you guys are fighting, not sure if I'm in teams or not?

Last edited:

HCRAYERT

Smash Apprentice
TCH you know what let's not do teams I had problems playing teams before let's just play individually I mean everyone must try to beat each other.

TCHDud3

Smash Journeyman
TCH you know what let's not do teams I had problems playing teams before let's just play individually I mean everyone must try to beat each other.
Alright. I'm online right now on WiFi. Let me know and I'll create a room.

TCHDud3

Smash Journeyman
I'm fine with blue team! me And TCHD can team together
It's cool imabudaddict. I'll set aside and play teams next time. HCRAYERT doesn't want to play teams atm.

I'm waiting on HCRAY for the moment.

TCH you can start the game because I won't join until 5:00pm.
ooooOOOOh....what timezone are you in? It's 5 already here EST (east coast). I can chill a bit.
I think matt and ima is going ham right now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom