• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
actually i have frame delay as well and becuse of that i cant play too well becuase it throws of my rhythm. either way good games
You know my pain! I guess you have a TV that is HD without gaming mode? So regardless, we should still work on your approaches. It requires a lot of reading, and also a lot of precision. It also helps if you stay closer to the person, because the less distance is between you and less the camera is zoomed out the easier it is to actually have a successful approach. You can bait and punish like you usually do, but as you notice it is not exactly successful against somebody who reads well. I used to be aggressive, but now I'm toning it down to be a little bit smarter about it. And give my brain a chance to relax too, all that reading gets really tiresome after a few matches. And the accidental rolls or attacks... Ug, those get tiresome too.

That is why I play an extremely aggressive Zelda, instead of the running defensive kind. Though, that is also why people with virtually no delay will easily shut down my approaches. Ug and projectiles! The faster they are, the more that they kind of "teleport" across the screen. I'm almost always reading or fighting the delay, my brain fries pretty quickly if I fight somebody who just hits and runs the entire time or uses really fast characters I'M LOOKING AT YOU LINK, SAMUS, TINK, SONIC, CAPT FALCON, FOX, AND MAYBE SNAKE OOOOOOMMMMMGGGGGG!!!

Though it is not that frustrating, it is just extremely unfun. It just means I have to pick up the pace with my fighting, which leads to a lot of delay related mistakes/accidents.The more frustrating things is when attacks/rolls happen that you didn't even intend on doing in the first place. Or walking when you meant to run. Or smashing when you meant to tilt.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Would anybody like to go a few rounds? I still want to practice my ZSS.

Edit: still looking for a tussle.Maybe @ Rags Rags ?

Last edited:

Swswan

Smash Journeyman
GGs woll, shame we had such a poor connection, its pretty hard to execute any combos when the pixels are moving frame by frame haha

il play neo

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

GGs woll, shame we had such a poor connection, its pretty hard to execute any combos when the pixels are moving frame by frame haha

il play neo
GG Swswan and yeah, that was pretty annoying, it threw like half my moves of and I couldn't even l-cancel right hah.

Nice Mario by the way

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
GGs @ Rags Rags I think we got disconnected. Which may be a good thing because I need a break.

Dat Bowser tho omg. This is the first time I ever fought a Bowser main. Your Luigi wasn't half bad either. And Sonic... Me no gusta spinning. He is so fast and kinda short so he is really hard to fight off! I got some valuable and fun ZSS training out of this too.

Swswan

Smash Journeyman
Whichever one of you responds first, I'll try first.

2797-7289-2593
are you online?
GGS.... so who is your main?
i dont have one, i just play whatever characters i feel like i figure them out as i go, some work better than others and thats how i find the ones im good at.
atm its lucario mario, lucas a bit - and now after considering it - squirtle for that sick wavedash.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Anyone down for some matches?

FC = 3182-9684-8331

@ Swswan Swswan
That's what I did first and I wasted a lot of time. This game is is all about fast paced thinking and muscle memory. You need to let your muscles and mind get used to how to play one character. Then when you get proficient with one character, you can start picking up another and then another and then another. Swapping between characters you're not fully used to can slow all of the characters' learning curves.

Though when you get really good with one character, the next one will be easier to get good with. At least that's how I learn, but your way of learning may be different. So idk. Just a thought.

Right now I have Zelda, Peach, and Sheik down. I'm decent with offensive Samus. I am OK with Ike and ZSS. I've been at this for quite a few months too... Almost hours played! You should see me offline+using a correct tv. I feel so scrubby compared to my offline way of playing. :C But at least it's really fun most of the time and not so tense.

Last edited:

Swswan

Smash Journeyman
@ Swswan Swswan
That's what I did first and I wasted a lot of time. This game is is all about fast paced thinking and muscle memory. You need to let your muscles and mind get used to how to play one character. Then when you get proficient with one character, you can start picking up another and then another and then another. Swapping between characters you're not fully used to can slow all of the characters' learning curves.

Though when you get really good with one character, the next one will be easier to get good with. At least that's how I learn, but your way of learning may be different. So idk. Just a thought.

Right now I have Zelda, Peach, and Sheik down. I'm decent with offensive Samus. I am OK with Ike and ZSS. I've been at this for quite a few months too... Over 500 hours played!
eh, id rather have fun cycling through some characters and learning as i go than concentrate 500 hours into boredom, i play this for fun and to find other people who are good - trying to find aussie players so we can have meets - theres a forum post, but other than i just play with my friends - we're all on about the same level so we all have fun and there isnt a lot of point in concentrating to higher levels (although i have improved a lot just by playing online).
having said all that, i play guitar, do other things with my time that i concentrate skill on cause its much more worth it to me. this is just a pass time, can have some fun pulling off sick combos and then let it cool off for a while. yknow?

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
@ Swswan Swswan
lol you don't have to live in front of your Wii to rack up hours. I usually play when I'm sick, can't sleep, or late at night. Also I just looked and it was 96 hours online... Wow it feels like it was much more than that. how to time???

But fun is the most important. It's not too serious or time consuming.

For me I could not pick up Sheik because I always switched to Zelda when things got tough. THEN I played against a few people whose Wiis would freeze if I tried to switch mid-match. So after about 2 hours of forced Sheik time I was swatting people out of the sky.

It doesn't take weeks to learn a character properly, just hours until you are familiar with the way they work. Thanks to picking up Sheik my aerial game has drastically improved for all my characters. But again that's me. My way isn't the only way.

Tho once Dungeon Fighter Online comes out it won't even matter. C:

Last edited:

Rags

Smash Ace
GGs @ Rags Rags I think we got disconnected. Which may be a good thing because I need a break.

Dat Bowser tho omg. This is the first time I ever fought a Bowser main. Your Luigi wasn't half bad either. And Sonic... Me no gusta spinning. He is so fast and kinda short so he is really hard to fight off! I got some valuable and fun ZSS training out of this too.
Yeah, ole comcast was up to their old tricks. I couldn't get online for the rest of the night >:( but I agree, I needed to get to sleep cuz my edge was slipping away, which is why I stayed away from using bowser too much. That and I knew you'd give me trouble lol. Zelda and peach are two I need to learn the MU for. Sonic I've been trying to get okay with and Luigi I just started messing around with haha.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Yeah, ole comcast was up to their old tricks. I couldn't get online for the rest of the night >:( but I agree, I needed to get to sleep cuz my edge was slipping away, which is why I stayed away from using bowser too much. That and I knew you'd give me trouble lol. Zelda and peach are two I need to learn the MU for. Sonic I've been trying to get okay with and Luigi I just started messing around with haha.
I can help you there. Based on the things I remember you doing yesterday.

Zeldoo!
Girlfriend be zoning and defensive as ****. Giving her any space is a bad idea. Trying to get through her Dins is also a bad idea unless you think you can safely make it through. Being close to her isn't exactly safe either... But speedy characters or characters with range have an easier time against her.

Never go directly behind her. Neeeeever.

Diagonal aerials aimed at her head are the way to go because that is one of her biggest weak points unless she Utilts.

Always DI upwards and at an angle.

Peach!
Pull over dat twerk too stronk. Her Nair/Bair aerial twerk attacks are fast, have high priority, and little delay. Her Fair also has high priority, but has a start up time.

If you hear Haaaa... You better run so fast and far before you hear CHAAA! Or shield. Don't let her twerk up a storm all up in your personal space.

Da princess is pretending to be a turnip farmer?! Best approach proper, son. Always try to catch a glimpse of what she has pulled out too. Stitch Face = no means no stay away until she drops it. Watch out for ricochets.

Downward DI is usually safe against most of her moves, but if she uses Dsmash and you are still holding down... She will drop it like its hot with the intensity of 1000 suns.

Last edited:
Top Bottom