• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Sorry @ Mr. Cuddles Mr. Cuddles
I can't help you learn how to approach if you don't even attempt to approach in a way that is actually feasible. That's why I played your play style this time around so you could approach me. But instead of learning you defaulted to Squirtles side B. D:

GGs tho.

Anyone else up for a few matches?

Mr. Cuddles

Smash Apprentice
@ Swswan Swswan
lol you don't have to live in front of your Wii to rack up hours. I usually play when I'm sick, can't sleep, or late at night. Also I just looked and it was 96 hours online... Wow it feels like it was much more than that. how to time???

But fun is the most important. It's not too serious or time consuming.

For me I could not pick up Sheik because I always switched to Zelda when things got tough. THEN I played against a few people whose Wiis would freeze if I tried to switch mid-match. So after about 2 hours of forced Sheik time I was swatting people out of the sky.

It doesn't take weeks to learn a character properly, just hours until you are familiar with the way they work. Thanks to picking up Sheik my aerial game has drastically improved for all my characters. But again that's me. My way isn't the only way.

Tho once Dungeon Fighter Online comes out it won't even matter. C:
so has my approach gotten any better

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Kind of. You need to be just a bit more ballsy. With Ike it has but he is not exactly daunting to use when it comes to approaching. Squirtle's side B is an OK approach, but not safe to spam.

Online: halp I am delay Zeldoo I can't even

Offline: lmao short hop lightning stomp into upsmash electric is super effective r u mad tho

Bubble is pretty good too, but half the time you were all the way across the stage hoping that I would approach you. It's hard to aim up close, but it is kind of more of a spacer if you think about it. Like, evacuate the dance floor I am about do "the floor polisher" which then can lead into an attack or side B. If they trip that's even better. Tho if all you do is play online, then you can just spam side B for as long as your little heart desires depending on the opponent.

Roy was OK too. You didn't rely on wavedashing to come and go as much. Sure wavedashing is really handy and is a useful part of Roy's gameplay but being able to space without it is a handy tool too.

Overall, I think you just need to learn all the weak points of the characters. For example Zelda is kind of tall and most of her moves leave her head exposed; even Naryu's Love. Only Utilt and Usmash cover it to some extent.

Peach is weak from below, above, and front while midair but staying on the ground might be safer depending on her altitude. But even then you still have to really time it. Spacing and long reach are key. She doesn't have too much range on the ground, but what she does have are some ridiculous moves and turnips.

Sheik doesn't really have a weak spot on her per se, but all you need to do is grab her and throw her off the stage because her recovery is god awful. Out ranging her also works. Then again, this works for almost all characters.

You never really aimed for Zelda's head and you always tried approaching Peach in a manner but you should be using on Zelda. I thought that was kind of funny. You must really hate Peach's face. lol

Last edited:

rajwii64

The Hero of Time
NNID
rajwii64
Not sure. But if you still have me, it'll let you join my room when I host. I'll be on in a sec.
GG's did I seem to have improved since the last time we fought and what do you think I should improve on now

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
GG's did I seem to have improved since the last time we fought and what do you think I should improve on now
Good games again. Your Link seems to have improved a bit, but I feel like you go for camping a whole lot more than you usually have to. How badly you wanted to create the distance to camp made it easy to read your decisions out of shield and your techs. Close-quarters combat is a pretty vital part of Link's game, especially when your opponent makes it difficult to keep the distance you feel comfortable camping at. Focus more on the current distance between you two, and use that to determine when it's not safe to camp anymore (until you get the opponent back out, of course, unless you're looking to continue a string or secure a stock).

Had fun playing again, but our connection was a might choppier compared to the last time we played. Wasn't too big an issue, but it caught my attention.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Anyone to play?
oh lol you're Ives. I was all who da heeel is dis? There aren't many people who use Zelda online, so that's what confused me even more.

GGs tho. I'm surprised I even lasted that long with Fox considering how he teleports all around. So does Captain Falcon but eh, what's there to do?

Last edited:

Dott

Smash Ace
Sure. I just need to register your friend code. Mine is 3182-9684-8331.

Edit: oh lol you're Ives. I was all who da heeel is dis? There aren't many people who use Zelda online, so that's what confused me even more.

GGs tho. I'm surprised I even lasted that long with Fox considering how he teleports all around. So does Captain Falcon but eh, what's there to do?
GG's! I don't use zelda, i just used her for fun... i think i did good lol

If i understand cotrectly your question, wait and grab more i think, peach also has a chaingrab with spacies so you can do that.

As falcon, you can use a lot of vegetables to stop his movement, he doesn't deal that well with projectile pressure because he doesn't have projectiles.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Would anyone like to go few rounds?

GG's! I don't use zelda, i just used her for fun... i think i did good lol

If i understand cotrectly your question, wait and grab more i think, peach also has a chaingrab with spacies so you can do that.

As falcon, you can use a lot of vegetables to stop his movement, he doesn't deal that well with projectile pressure because he doesn't have projectiles.
Yeah I notice because you actually use wavedash a lot with Zelda. lol So I switch to my Zeldoo and was all like ZELDA WAVEDASHING? NOT UP IN HERE!

I know what to do kinda. It's just I can't do it unless it's offline+using the proper tv. So no chain grabbing or wavedashing or anything fancy for me! :C

But it's OK I find other ways. But as soon as somebody goes on the defensive or camps, it becomes increasingly hard to deal with. Especially quick wavedashers. Too much reading for my jiggly brain of pudding to handle.

Last edited:

Mr. Cuddles

Smash Apprentice
@ Swswan Swswan
lol you don't have to live in front of your Wii to rack up hours. I usually play when I'm sick, can't sleep, or late at night. Also I just looked and it was 96 hours online... Wow it feels like it was much more than that. how to time???

But fun is the most important. It's not too serious or time consuming.

For me I could not pick up Sheik because I always switched to Zelda when things got tough. THEN I played against a few people whose Wiis would freeze if I tried to switch mid-match. So after about 2 hours of forced Sheik time I was swatting people out of the sky.

It doesn't take weeks to learn a character properly, just hours until you are familiar with the way they work. Thanks to picking up Sheik my aerial game has drastically improved for all my characters. But again that's me. My way isn't the only way.

Tho once Dungeon Fighter Online comes out it won't even matter. C:
Anyone up for a few fights?
zelda is too cheap

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
@ Mr. Cuddles Mr. Cuddles
Actually, she's not. All her smashes are quite punishable. Laying Dins leave her vulnerable too. Uair and Dair have kind of a delay before attacking and delay afterwards. Lightning kicks are strong, but they are not easy to land compared to DK/Ganon/Ike/Bowser and their Fair or Bair. Zelda needs enough pressure against her to stop her from laying Dins. Throw her in the air. Easy.

Basically she is only unfair to people who are trying to be overly defensive or campy. Just like how people with longer reach, faster movement, or fast combos are unfair to Zeldoo. lol

GGs btw

Top Bottom