• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

Dott

Smash Ace
GGs Anything I should improve on as Sheik and R.O.B
GG's, keep your combos and don't go for the style everytime, you are good but you are going for the strongest option instead of an option that allows you to have another hit, that's why i was able to get back to the neutral game a lot of times.

Also omg that Falcon Punch dude...

That Falcon Punch...

Mean Green

Smash Lord
GGs. Eh, I guess I just kept coming back. It was either me winning a close match, or you'd 2/3 stock me. And wow. How are you good with so many characters? That's a gift bro. If I had to choose my hardest matchups here it would be your Captain Falcon, Lucario and Ganon. You're the only person I've met so far that didn't really main anyone. Would you mind critiquing me though? What can I improve on?
Haha thanks. If you just do a few random cpu battles and memorize someone's attacks/ranges/air movement, you'll see it's easy picking up new characters. Everyone's basically the same.

And I'll just tell you what I noticed. Boomerang's on point, but you can use more bombs and landing arrows (even if they won't hit). Every time I closed distances, you seemed to panick. Link's aerials are really good, if you're that good at planning ahead, he can fight in close quarters alone.
Also when I hit the ground, I purposely kept get-up attacking the first ~20x. When I started rolling, you didn't adapt. And.. a lot of my punishes and KO's were off of your smashes alone. You should tilt more. I think that's about it.

waygu

Smash Lord
GGs and no problem
Any chance I can get a little critique?
Beside scrub things like trying to jab then tilt too fast and reversing direction due to not returning to neutral between attacking and DI I know I need to get my mobility up, get wavedashes and lands on plats so im not black and white attack patterns. I know i need to get jc grab down yesterday as well as punishes OoS (playing wiichuk so those aren't easy on default controls, switched up dpad to accommodate). What else should I be aware of?

Also looking for another set of matches

Last edited:

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
Any chance I can get a little critique?
Beside scrub things like trying to jab then tilt too fast and reversing direction due to not returning to neutral between attacking and DI I know I need to get my mobility up, get wavedashes and lands on plats so im not black and white attack patterns. I know i need to get jc grab down yesterday as well as punishes OoS (playing wiichuk so those aren't easy on default controls, switched up dpad to accommodate). What else should I be aware of?

Also looking for another set of matches
I didn't know you use the Wii chuck and Chain grabs on Spacies and Fastfalles depending on who your playing and Recovering

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Haha thanks. If you just do a few random cpu battles and memorize someone's attacks/ranges/air movement, you'll see it's easy picking up new characters. Everyone's basically the same.

And I'll just tell you what I noticed. Boomerang's on point, but you can use more bombs and landing arrows (even if they won't hit). Every time I closed distances, you seemed to panick. Link's aerials are really good, if you're that good at planning ahead, he can fight in close quarters alone.
Also when I hit the ground, I purposely kept get-up attacking the first ~20x. When I started rolling, you didn't adapt. And.. a lot of my punishes and KO's were off of your smashes alone. You should tilt more. I think that's about it.
Thanks. After playing a lot of Sm4sh, there may be a few habits that originated there that might not compute in PM, like rolling and Dsmashing a lot. Doing stuff OoS is also a lot tougher than in Sm4sh, so when my inputs don't go through, I start to panic. I guess I just need to work on my timing. Reading tech rolls has also been pretty tough and I end up getting punished if I miss a move, so I don't really try as much. Timing seems to be a factor there as well.

So yeah, that explains that. I learned a lot from you dude. We should play again sometime.

waygu

Smash Lord
I didn't know you use the Wii chuck and Chain grabs on Spacies and Fastfalles depending on who your playing and Recovering
Huge panic habit is jump after hit thanks for reminding. And yeah i had my only grab a+b ands just not reliable, now on dpad and can slide dfor it. Thank you, look forward to some future matches

@ TheGhostlyPidove TheGhostlyPidove im online, fc in sig

Last edited:
Top Bottom