• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

Pabmyster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pabmyster
Last edited:

TheGhostlyPidove

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2509-2709-5815
Anyone maybe wanna get some doubles started? I need three people.
By the way, go watch the ERB for Skrillex vs Mozart if you haven't already. Just got off from an ERB spree.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Pidove hasn't responded, so I'll play.
OK, so this is where my long comment comes in.

First of all, forget Tails_Glados_Puff and Jigglesforlife, what I've just experienced felt like a Tool-assisted kick to the ribs. You have to be the most amazing smash bros. player i've ever seen (compared to Mew2king?). Like seriously, anyone who kicks a$$ with falco, fox, marth, and MOTHER FRIGGIN DEDEDE deserves respect. This isn't even like Ometa and his annoying toon link bombs. you just went in there and SPAMMED SKILL right in my face and absolutely destroyed me with the most respectful of matches.

Enough praising. My second comment is, since you're such a good player (clearly heard from the first paragraph), does it matter which button you use to jump? As in, in order to be professional, is jumping with the X button necessary and things like that? I've always wondered that. I usually just tilt up the control stick to jump, and i'm just hearing that everyone is using the x button (i'm assuming so).

Third, how? Just how? Lag has got to be an issue here (it was for me). I have read your comment towards ShadowGanon giving him more support on how he should play competitive smash bros, and I know you've gotten used to it. I just need to ask how? One of the main reasons why I main Bowser is that he isn't bothered by lag that much, since there's no ridiculously fast combos used unlike fox and falcon (I tried to play fox, not sure if I did good XD). I guess all i'm getting is try to get used to it.

But seriously dude, rock on with those combos! :D

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
OK, so this is where my long comment comes in.

First of all, forget Tails_Glados_Puff and Jigglesforlife, what I've just experienced felt like a Tool-assisted kick to the ribs. You have to be the most amazing smash bros. player i've ever seen (compared to Mew2king?). Like seriously, anyone who kicks a$$ with falco, fox, marth, and MOTHER FRIGGIN DEDEDE deserves respect. This isn't even like Ometa and his annoying toon link bombs. you just went in there and SPAMMED SKILL right in my face and absolutely destroyed me with the most respectful of matches.

Enough praising. My second comment is, since you're such a good player (clearly heard from the first paragraph), does it matter which button you use to jump? As in, in order to be professional, is jumping with the X button necessary and things like that? I've always wondered that. I usually just tilt up the control stick to jump, and i'm just hearing that everyone is using the x button (i'm assuming so).

Third, how? Just how? Lag has got to be an issue here (it was for me). I have read your comment towards ShadowGanon giving him more support on how he should play competitive smash bros, and I know you've gotten used to it. I just need to ask how? One of the main reasons why I main Bowser is that he isn't bothered by lag that much, since there's no ridiculously fast combos used unlike fox and falcon (I tried to play fox, not sure if I did good XD). I guess all i'm getting is try to get used to it.

But seriously dude, rock on with those combos! :D
Thanks, but I still consider myself to be pretty mediocre. At least in comparison to top players, that is ^_^

I almost always use X to jump except for few specific situations where I'll opt for Y or tap jump. Some people mainly use Y. Some people mainly use tap jump. Some people use a mix of them all. Do whatever is the most comfortable for you.

I'm originally a Brawl online player and have been playing Brawl online since late 2009. I pretty much retired from Brawl when P:M 2.0 came out April of 2012, but since '09, I've played thousand upon thousands of online matches. In fact, my Brawl records say that I've played a total of 53,587 wifi matches since I bought Brawl in '09 (this includes Brawl and P:M, btw, and it excludes offline matches). In fact, I'd say that an overwhelming majority of my time playing Smash has been online. Throughout that time, I'm played hundreds upon hundreds of people and seen many different tactics and strategies to the point where I've developed a lot of counters for the most common ones I've seen though lots of thinking, watching and rewatching replays, watching videos on top players, reading guides, asking for advice, etc. As an added bonus, I'm also extremely used to the lag. I know what to do when multiple lag spikes happen and I know how to adjust to frame delay. Honestly, the tl;dr version of what I'm saying boils down to just experience.

I still have a really long way to go, though. But I'd like to think wi-fi has helped me a lot and hopefully when they shut down wi-fi next month, I'll be able to improve more offline as well.

Anyways, I hope I answered your questions well. Thanks for playing me, Hydreigon! :D

Paekoh

Smash Ace
L
Thanks, but I still consider myself to be pretty mediocre. At least in comparison to top players, that is ^_^

I almost always use X to jump except for few specific situations where I'll opt for Y or tap jump. Some people mainly use Y. Some people mainly use tap jump. Some people use a mix of them all. Do whatever is the most comfortable for you.

I'm originally a Brawl online player and have been playing Brawl online since late 2009. I pretty much retired from Brawl when P:M 2.0 came out April of 2012, but since '09, I've played thousand upon thousands of online matches. In fact, my Brawl records say that I've played a total of 53,587 wifi matches since I bought Brawl in '09 (this includes Brawl and P:M, btw, and it excludes offline matches). In fact, I'd say that an overwhelming majority of my time playing Smash has been online. Throughout that time, I'm played hundreds upon hundreds of people and seen many different tactics and strategies to the point where I've developed a lot of counters for the most common ones I've seen though lots of thinking, watching and rewatching replays, watching videos on top players, reading guides, asking for advice, etc. As an added bonus, I'm also extremely used to the lag. I know what to do when multiple lag spikes happen and I know how to adjust to frame delay. Honestly, the tl;dr version of what I'm saying boils down to just experience.

I still have a really long way to go, though. But I'd like to think wi-fi has helped me a lot and hopefully when they shut down wi-fi next month, I'll be able to improve more offline as well.

Anyways, I hope I answered your questions well. Thanks for playing me, Hydreigon! :D
lets play, let's see who has better Kung fu

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
L

lets play, let's see who has better Kung fu
Sure :3

Edit: You're taking a little whle, so I'm going to go to the restroom. If you haven't responded when I get back, I'm going to get back to studying for school.

Edit 2: Alrighty, you've still not replied. So, bye bye!

Last edited:

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345

OK, I just thought people always used x to jump or somethin'. Good to know, maybe I'll try a mix of both when playing as fox again. now HOW DO YOU GRAB!? (kidding, heh).

well wow, 53,587 wifi matches. I was doing this whole wifi-match making since april 2014, so how many games have I had, like 300? I just wanted to see if I could smack project m people with bowser after about 10,000 games with computers. That certainly worked against every noob there was, but against all pro players, skill was involved, and I'm even with them.

Top Bottom