• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M New Art Tuesday: Armored Ike, Dark Metaknight Revealed

MM720

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM720
3DS FC
0259-0380-4806
I approve of Dark Meta Knight. I would've preferred Galacta Knight but it probably couldn´t have been well replicated in-proportion considering he wields both a lance AND a shield. (Still, Dark Meta Knight kicks ass. Now I just might want to main him XD)

Armored Ike is....eh. It's obvious why they're not going to put his RD Hero outfit and I'm fine with that, but it just feels kind of weird. (a MUCH better choice would have been to replicate his Awakening DLC outfit)

Anyway keep those alternates coming! I'm still waiting for either Masked Dedede or Shadow Dedede :3

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
...Well I'm the biggest Ike fan there is and I request him be treated the right way... but no one would complain if Ike got his Lord costume, or something similar in the vein of his design.
Fanboys I swear.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I excitedly wait for Zelda cosplaying a salt shaker alt costume to be revealed.

:4zelda: -- Umad?
:shaker:

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Aaaand I thought MK got revealed for SSB4.
D'OH, I MISSED!

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
The Meta Knight costume is pretty awesome to be honest! Glad DMK is in there somehow.

The Hector costume for Ike (and I don't mean it in a harsh way) kinda made me cringe a tad. It looks well done, but it's off.
  1. The sword. I know they tried to base it on the official artwork of Hector wielding a standard axe, but Armads is primarily gold with bits of silver near the edges. This version of Ragnell is primarily silver with a gold hilt. I think a bit more gold should be added to the sword (maybe on the inner part of the blade). Now, granted, they could be going off the sprites in FE7 where ALL axes are silver in color when in battle, but seeing that they added gold to the hilt of Ragnell, it looks like they are basing the color scheme on Armads itself.
  2. The gold lining design on the entire armor doesn't match the official artwork. It's minor, but it's noticeable.
  3. The arms. Firstly, official artwork AND sprites of Hector have him have shades of blue for the entire arm (forearm, gauntlets, etc.). This Ike mod has brown. Hector only has brown for his pants as well as the inner straps. Ike himself doesn't have brown arms as well in any of his outfits (his Lord outfit is more green than brown). Secondly, Hector's shoulder pads are curved while the ones shown in the Ike mod are pointed. Thirdly, the elbows. Hector has armor on his elbows thanks to his gauntlets. The mod lacks them.
  4. Hector doesn't use chain mail underneath his armor. He has a plain blue shirt instead. Ike also doesn't use chain mail in FE9 and FE10. Chain mail is more of a Twilight Princess Link thing than a FE Lord thing. Maybe change this to a standard shirt.
  5. Shape of breast plate. Hector's is shaped like a mushroom cloud or an over-sized muffin. The Ike mod looks like a modified coat of arms in shape. This is likely due to Ike's height, but it is off.
I THINK it would have been better if they based it more on Ike's Lord outfit from FE9 as opposed to basing it off Hector. It fits him more (Ike doesn't like using too much armor). It looks alright though, but I've seen better Ike mods (including the Hector mod made by Tormod on Brawl Vault).

Keep up the good alts though (like the Dark Meta Knight one)! Looking forward to them.

Dark Emperor Hardin

Smash Cadet
you act as if being an ike main makes you something incredibly special or some ****, like, i don't MAIN ike, but i use him every once in awhile in project m. i main roy, and there's not an alt for roy yet, and when there is it'll probably be him with either eliwood's or leif's clothing, but you don't see me complaining simply because we might not get a roy alt, or if we do, it might not be roy dressed as roy. also, it seems you haven't played fe7 because hector is actually pretty cool.
What an excellent idea! Leif as a Roy alt would add to my current happiness regarding the other Fire Emblem character alternates.

Last edited:

GOLDENMOP

Smash Cadet
Did they announce a release date for the update yet? Super hyped for the Ike costume and all star mode.

SuperNAC

Smash Rookie
To those commenting on Ragnell's color being off I'm pretty sure they swapped it out for its counterpart Alondite (or at least changed the color scheme to match Alondite pretty well!) ... Not exactly ecstatic about it since it was the Black Knight's blade but I won't complain too loudly.

Gunslinger

Smash Apprentice
Ike's Hector outfit is sick and all, but I was really hoping for Lord Ike, Big Boss for Snake, and smash taunt sunglasses for Fox. Oh well, still really cool. Not big on Kirby knowledge, but dat MK is still slick looking.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ike is looking real fresh. Though I'm a bit surprised they didn't go for his older self.

Last edited:

SinisterSeph

Smash Rookie
...Well I'm the biggest Ike fan there is and I request him be treated the right way... but no one would complain if Ike got his Lord costume, or something similar in the vein of his design.
I don't think Ike would be complaining like this..he would suck it up and put on the damn armor. Idc how late this reply is, I just now found out about this Ike alt after seeing something about it in Brawl Vault (Ike is my favorite fire emblem character, PoR is my favorite fire emblem game, and I mained him before I even touched Brawl). There are different goals of alternate costumes, some to look different but the same character, others to look like different characters completely, etc. before you hate on this go look at Ike's costume in Awakening, now THAT is deplorable. Like others said, you can just go pick up a texture of Lord Ike, though if they did it like they did this alt, it would look far more amazing, but still at least you got textures available. I love Ike, but I don't mind looking like someone else, after being forced in Brawl for years to only be Ike as Ike, I was grateful for completely different looks for him, these days in PM I mostly use Guts, Jecht Strife, and 2 handed Link in the black fierce deity outfit. Ike isn't the only badass in the world of video games, and when i get the new smash bros, gonna be forced to play as RD Ike for a long time, which will be a nice change again.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I don't think Ike would be complaining like this..he would suck it up and put on the damn armor. Idc how late this reply is, I just now found out about this Ike alt after seeing something about it in Brawl Vault (Ike is my favorite fire emblem character, PoR is my favorite fire emblem game, and I mained him before I even touched Brawl). There are different goals of alternate costumes, some to look different but the same character, others to look like different characters completely, etc. before you hate on this go look at Ike's costume in Awakening, now THAT is deplorable. Like others said, you can just go pick up a texture of Lord Ike, though if they did it like they did this alt, it would look far more amazing, but still at least you got textures available. I love Ike, but I don't mind looking like someone else, after being forced in Brawl for years to only be Ike as Ike, I was grateful for completely different looks for him, these days in PM I mostly use Guts, Jecht Strife, and 2 handed Link in the black fierce deity outfit. Ike isn't the only badass in the world of video games, and when i get the new smash bros, gonna be forced to play as RD Ike for a long time, which will be a nice change again.
The thing is doesn't fit his persona at all, as I explained somewhere else, he should have a free right arm, so he can swing his Sword well, which mean he needs to forego the right shoulder...Ike with long sleeves don't match, because Ike is a mercenary, and most mercenaries like the breeze of the wind on their arm, and they try to have as least as possible obstacle for their free arm movement...that's why the armour is only for what's matter.

SinisterSeph

Smash Rookie
The thing is doesn't fit his persona at all, as I explained somewhere else, he should have a free right arm, so he can swing his Sword well, which mean he needs to forego the right shoulder...Ike with long sleeves don't match, because Ike is a mercenary, and most mercenaries like the breeze of the wind on their arm, and they try to have as least as possible obstacle for their free arm movement...that's why the armour is only for what's matter.
That's the thing, it doesn't matter what his persona is, people will still change them to how they like or what they think looks cool and A LOT of people do and will, love this outfit, armored Ike is cool, it's a change, change is good but yes if it were really Ike he would be wearing something way better looking with tattered **** and only a few armor pieces. At least he isn't wearing what Marth is. Most people who play smash (and people in general) are ignorant to the Fire Emblem games, so if there was a poll, you might have ended up getting Ike in an outfit not related to Fire Emblem at all, and there are a lot of Ike hacks out there, go find one you like, because as you can see very few people (if any) share your vision of this being completely ******** and full of nonsense just because it's not Ike's style..I agree it's not Ike to wear symmetrical clothing, but I also will agree with the others saying it looks good and I welcome it to PM, but i probably won't even be using it because other hacks looks cooler imo. If I use this outfit, it'll only be after I edit it to look like another character entirely.

Top Bottom