• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M New Art Tuesday: Armored Ike, Dark Metaknight Revealed

Born in 1839...

Smash Apprentice
Marth costume is almost perfect. I like how it strays very far away from your typical "anime sword fighter appearance." It has a very realistic look, he looks like he just emerged from the late 1700's or something. Although they should have changed his hair... 9/10 points.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
WTF PM, why didn't you ****ing ask Ike fans what did they want as costume? we are the ****ing people who play as him, this costume is Anti-Ike persona, I know you worked your ***** off but you should've asked before you did so, I'm dissapointed, Ike should one shoulder pad it's part of his persona, and Ike doesn't wear heavy Armor, he only covers the important areas. I was so hyped for Ike costume, and you had to pull that out of your *****, all of us just wanted Ike's Lord costume, which shouldn't have been hard to make.
Huh?

If Ike had to be compared to another Lord-y character, Hector would be the one with the most things in common. Sarcastic? Check. Blunt? Check. Blue hair/eyes? Uh super common so that's a check too. Axe/Sword? Check. Likes fighting but only for a cause? Check. Screw titles? Check. Not exactly respectful? Check. Stronkest manlyman? Check. Not racist? Technically a check goes here too. Comes off as a jerk/cold but is actually adorbs deep down? Check. Really into bromances? Check. Most loved lord in his respective game? Check. Even their stat layouts are similar.

Srsly mang.

Also the Lord costume probably was a given until SSB4 introduced the FE10 Ike. His version is the sheckshiest.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Huh?

If Ike had to be compared to another Lord-y character, Hector would be the one with the most things in common. Sarcastic? Check. Blunt? Check. Blue hair/eyes? Uh super common so that's a check too. Axe/Sword? Check. Likes fighting but only for a cause? Check. Screw titles? Check. Not exactly respectful? Check. Stronkest manlyman? Check. Not racist? Technically a check goes here too. Comes off as a jerk/cold but is actually adorbs deep down? Check. Really into bromances? Check. Most loved lord in his respective game? Check. Even their stat layouts are similar.

Srsly mang.

Also the Lord costume probably was a given until SSB4 introduced the FE10 Ike. His version is the sheckshiest.
I don't care, In Fire Emblem, Ike is a Hero and Hector is a General, Personality has nothing to do with design choices, the Lord costume has nothing to do with RD Ike...

This would fit better with Ike design in Brawl.

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
WTF PM, why didn't you ****ing ask Ike fans what did they want as costume? we are the ****ing people who play as him, this costume is Anti-Ike persona, I know you worked your ***** off but you should've asked before you did so, I'm dissapointed, Ike should one shoulder pad it's part of his persona, and Ike doesn't wear heavy Armor, he only covers the important areas. I was so hyped for Ike costume, and you had to pull that out of your *****, all of us just wanted Ike's Lord costume, which shouldn't have been hard to make.
stop being ridiculous. it's not YOUR decision, and if you don't like the alternate costume, it's as simple as not using it. if you're so upset about it, make a texture hack.

mtmaster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mtmaster_2k7
3DS FC
0645-7185-4095
I don't care, In Fire Emblem, Ike is a Hero and Hector is a General, Personality has nothing to do with design choices, the Lord costume has nothing to do with RD Ike...

This would fit better with Ike design in Brawl.
Its homage, they don't have to necessarily use canon from the specific game that the character originated from. You might like it, but that Ike costume is pretty wicked. I'd certainly take it over the Meta Knight one lol.

stop being ridiculous. it's not YOUR decision, and if you don't like the alternate costume, it's as simple as not using it.
^ Also this *agrees*

Last edited:

_yuna

Smash Apprentice

Last edited:

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
stop being ridiculous. it's not YOUR decision, and if you don't like the alternate costume, it's as simple as not using it. if you're so upset about it, make a texture hack.
Why is it not our decision as Ike fans ? Why isn't there poll for this sort of thing, why should this be forced on us, It's not well modelled, There's a reason Ike use a single shoulderpad, because he need and as low as possible weight on his Sword hand...and I'm mad because I was hoping for something Ike related. Now I can see what M2K means...damn I love P:M, but this is bull****.

EDIT: Only reply if you were an Ike main, if you weren't I don't give a **** about your opinion, because you would never understand.

Last edited:

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
Nice costumes, I like Ike's. Meta Knight's is cool as well.

Also @ xXIke-SamaXx xXIke-SamaXx , I'm an Ike main and I love this costume.

Last edited:

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
Why is it not our decision as Ike fans ? Why isn't there poll for this sort of thing, why should this be forced on us, It's not well modelled, There's a reason Ike use a single shoulderpad, because he need and as low as possible weight on his Sword hand...and I'm mad because I was hoping for something Ike related. Now I can see what M2K means...damn I love P:M, but this is bull****.

EDIT: Only reply if you were an Ike main, if you weren't I don't give a **** about your opinion, because you would never understand.
you act as if being an ike main makes you something incredibly special or some ****, like, i don't MAIN ike, but i use him every once in awhile in project m. i main roy, and there's not an alt for roy yet, and when there is it'll probably be him with either eliwood's or leif's clothing, but you don't see me complaining simply because we might not get a roy alt, or if we do, it might not be roy dressed as roy. also, it seems you haven't played fe7 because hector is actually pretty cool.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
also,

actually it's modeled quite well. if you complain about it so much, make your own texture hack, because i'm sure yours will be SO much better?
I'm not good at modelling, but I'm sure as hell I can make a better designed armour for Ike than this....and stop being a smartass, if you don't like my opinion don't reply to me.

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
....is Ike your absolute favourite character in every medium ?
No, but I do love Ike, he's one of my favorites. But I don't see why him not being my absolute favorite should make me super angry at this costume. Sure, his Lord costume is great, and would fit nicely. But who's to say he won't get one eventually? After all, Meta Knight has two different costumes. And you could download a Lord Ike off of Brawl Vault, if you wanted.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
you act as if being an ike main makes you something incredibly special or some ****, like, i don't MAIN ike, but i use him every once in awhile in project m. i main roy, and there's not an alt for roy yet, and when there is it'll probably be him with either eliwood's or leif's clothing, but you don't see me complaining simply because we might not get a roy alt, or if we do, it might not be roy dressed as roy. also, it seems you haven't played fe7 because hector is actually pretty cool.
Lol implying that I didn't play a Fire Emblem game, Bro I played them all I'm a Fire Emblem fanatic, and my first game was 7, Hector is different, Ike and Hector are not the same, Hector would not make for a good main character like Ike did, I love Hector, but never compare him to Ike, and Ike would never get his ass handed to him by Eliwood.

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
I'm not good at modelling, but I'm sure as hell I can make a better designed armour for Ike than this....and stop being a smartass, if you don't like my opinion don't reply to me.
if you're not good at making models, then learn. if you're not going to do that, then don't be so angry when people put their priorities over yours.
also, don't say **** along the lines of "if you don't like my opinion don't reply to me" when you're the one who has responded several times to me, a person with an opinion you don't like, and the thread, about an alternate costume you don't like.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
if you're not good at making models, then learn. if you're not going to do that, then don't be so angry when people put their priorities over yours.
also, don't say **** along the lines of "if you don't like my opinion don't reply to me" when you're the one who has responded several times to me, a person with an opinion you don't like, and the thread, about an alternate costume you don't like.
If you didn't reply to me I wouldn't have replied to you, I have my right to whine and ask how did this came to be, because I'm concerened, they should've asked us what we wanted, and if there was a poll of some sort and this cotume won, I wouldn't be whining here, because I would be a minority....

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
If you didn't reply to me I wouldn't have replied to you, I have my right to whine and ask how did this came to be, because I'm concerened, they should've asked us what we wanted, and if there was a poll of some sort and this cotume won, I wouldn't be whining here, because I would be a minority....
yes, if i didn't reply to you, you wouldn't reply to me, that's kind of how a conversation works, however i feel that you are implying that I was the person who said "if you don't like my opinion don't reply to me". by your logic of "i have my right to whine" then so do i, so i'll criticize you as i please. they should have asked YOU which costume to use, yeah, sure if i make a game, i'm definitely going to ask you what i should do first, because it's totally not up to the devs or anything.

Last edited:

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
"Guyyyys, what about that Ridley reveal? Get it out now!"

Take your time guys, and keep up the brilliant work with Project M. May I suggest a Mega Lucario skin for Lucario?

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
yes, if i didn't reply to you, you wouldn't reply to me, that's kind of how a conversation works, however i feel that you are implying that I was the person who said "if you don't like my opinion don't reply to me". by your logic of "i have my right to whine" then so do i, so i'll criticize you as i please. they should have asked YOU which costume to use, yeah, sure if i make a game, i'm definitely going to ask you what i should do first, because it's totally not up to the devs or anything.
Stop pulling that bull**** man, I said they needed to make a poll, not ask me, if this was a result of a poll, I won't whine, but it's not, it's an internal decision, and don't compare project M devs to gaming devs, it's totally different here, they established themselves on this board and they could've done a Poll with all the possible costumes...While as a gaming dev, they can't do a poll and think that those only the people that play this game because alot of the gamers don't go to gaming sites and gaming related stuff, they only play games, but who ever know about Project M must be heavily involved in the internet and gaming site, so basically making a poll here would've been sufficient to capture the majority opinion.

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
Stop pulling that bull**** man, I said they needed to make a poll, not ask me, if this was a result of a poll, I won't whine, but it's not, it's an internal decision, and don't compare project M devs to gaming devs, it's totally different here, they established themselves on this board and they could've done a Poll with all the possible costumes...While as a gaming dev, they can't do a poll and think that those only the people that play this game because alot of the gamers don't go to gaming sites and gaming related stuff, they only play games, but who ever know about Project M must be heavily involved in the internet and gaming site, so basically making a poll here would've been sufficient to capture the majority opinion.
actually, there's nothing stopping major gaming devs from doing polls. most people from, for example /v/ generally go to gaming websites. i'm also not "heavily involved in the internet" (at least, not the smash internet community) and i play project m all the ****ing time. also, it really seems like you feel like they should have asked specifically you, considering you're the only person in this whole goddamn comment section COMPLAINING about the alternate costume.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
actually, there's nothing stopping major gaming devs from doing polls. most people from, for example /v/ generally go to gaming websites. i'm also not "heavily involved in the internet" (at least, not the smash internet community) and i play project m all the ****ing time. also, it really seems like you feel like they should have asked specifically you, considering you're the only person in this whole goddamn comment section COMPLAINING about the alternate costume.
...Well I'm the biggest Ike fan there is and I request him be treated the right way... but no one would complain if Ike got his Lord costume, or something similar in the vein of his design.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I've been looking for Mirror World Metaknight and Kirby costumes! I just need the Kirby one now! These look great.

Last edited:

Raykushi

Smash Cadet
Ooooo Ike ;) Like the new look there handsome.

Also, Zelda costume would be cool. Don't know what of, but I'm sure they'll figure it out.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I still dont get why Ike is getting a costume of a guy from Roy's games, but whatever.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
This is the saltiest comment I've seen in quite a while.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
...Well I'm the biggest Ike fan there is and I request him be treated the right way... but no one would complain if Ike got his Lord costume, or something similar in the vein of his design.
Let's put it this way dude, the only FE I've played is the one with Lyn and I think this costume for Ike is pretty sick so if non FE fans like me can dig it then as a the biggest fan of Ike there is out of the billion+ people in the world shouldn't you be at least respectful for those who actually really like this coetume? Plus I'd rather the PM team give us surprises than have polls to vote because then ya know, we'd know what every costume is before we get to see them.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The only costumes I'd love to see (if they haven't done them already) are James McCloud for Fox and Classic Sonic for Sonic. But I don't play P:M, so it doesn't actually matter to me, but still.

D

Deleted member

now I can see what M2K means...damn I love P:M, but this is bull****.
M2K didn't comment about costumes because costumes are extra, purely aesthetic additions that don't affect gameplay.

If you don't like this costume, don't use it. You'll be no worse off than before.

Well I just did, and you'll probably read my reply anyway. Grow the hell up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rambeard

Smash Apprentice
Ike's outfit is pretty cool, but what is with Marth's? I mean, someone will like it regardless.

Top Bottom