• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M is recruiting...

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
If by 'big' you mean 'gay' and 'the reason she ***** most of the cast for free,' then I agree.
its sill important, can she auto-combo out of d-throw on previously chaingrabable characters at least?

shanus

Smash Hero
make it so the characters leave the ground faster. they all wavedash like bowser in melee lol
Hey SW,

This is an interesting complaint I've seen many melee pros bring up that I want to jump on and isolate the issue.

All characters have been verfiied to exit jumpstart on the exact identical frame as melee. However, on the first frame of jump, they are significantly closer to the ground than they are of melee.

Is it just an illusion of them not being off the ground, or should we try and focus efforts on a larger "warp" from ground to air?

HBox, thanks for the feedback. I'm pretty sure Shell contacted you about joining smashmods for our private project m forum.

Silent Wolf, if you'd like to contribute as well, please shoot me a PM!

Revven

FrankerZ
Jigglypuff:
Playing my pride and joy in Project M was a funny experience. Most of the stuff I do with jiggs in Melee is all muscle memory now, so I tried to input the exact same finger movements into Project M, and I was surprised at how similar it all was. Stuff like SHFFLing bairs, uairs, and nairs all were very similar. Her wavedash goes a bit too far in project M, lol. It kinda felt like Yoshi's wavedash rather than puff's. I played the falcon, MK, snake, and shiek matchups. Her priority was very similiar to melee, and I was surprised to see that her nair would beat out most of MK's stuff.
I was happy to see the fiery hell that rest was once again. The knockback was just slightly nerfed IMO, but the range seemed pretty on par. The setups into rest were also prevalent, such as jab reset, uptilt, and shffl nair.
Her bair seems to have lost range, but I can't tell if it was just me playing around. Overall it's basically melee jiggs in most of her brokenness, and it was a great experience trying out my melee skills against brawl characters like Snake and MK.
Puff hasn't really been touched yet lol. But if you wanted you could help out on getting her to feel exactly like Melee.

shanus

Smash Hero
Puff hasn't really been touched yet lol. But if you wanted you could help out on getting her to feel exactly like Melee.
Well, puff has been examined a little. DD and camelot did first passes on matching frames and partial hitbox sizes, but no knockback fine tuning, horizontal mobility, or gravity physics matching has been done yet on her.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
not sure if i agree

her chaingrab was a big part of her in melee
no... it really wasn't...
Her Dthrow is pretty similar to Zelda's now. If you DI back she doesn't get much off of it.

EDIT: And by that I mean it's PAL Dthrow.
No it's not.
It's NTSC Dthrow.
Greater DI potency in Brawl prevent her chaingrabs but allow for her combos from dthrow.
wtf mang

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Come on, you can't say that. She could chaingrab like half the cast in melee.

also does this mean that stuff like fox's uthrow uair won't be as effective anymore?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Sheik already good against most due to her moveset in general? Alot of her moves would combo or string into other moves and have decent range(best combo starter besides D-throw being her F-tilt) and that would usually lead to her lulzy F-air. D-throw comboing into itself however was just a way to take advantageous match-up to utter **** though.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Come on, you can't say that. She could chaingrab like half the cast in melee.

also does this mean that stuff like fox's uthrow uair won't be as effective anymore?
Yeah, she still ***** them in PAL because she's a good char regardless of dthrow. CGs really aren't that much of her gameplay as the characters she can CG aren't played much.

It doesn't mean that, no.

DI has nothing to do with physics. DI is a complicated mechanic that we probably won't be able to tweak

Uh... could have sworn we gave her PAL Dthrow. Whatever.
Originally, yes. Not anymore, though.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
F-smash has slightly lower startup and less ending lag (I think, I don't play Snake :p).

Grenades explode faster (wip, they'll probably be slowed down a bit)

D-smash is set faster and explodes sooner after being set. It's also stronger.

C-4 is stronger. Snake also has a "fake" detonation done by holding down the B button rather than just pressing it. He'll start his detonation animation and stop when the C4 would've normally blown up (with zero lag of course, since it's a fakeout :p). C4 also no longer transfers from player to player once stuck on somebody (it still falls off, but that will be fixed as soon as we figure out how).

Other changes include a lower trajectory on his jab, b-throw, and f-throw (which have fixed knockback now) to force opponents onto claymores or C4s.

He's still a WIP, but he's functioning fairly well in the melee environment.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
My problem with that video is how Snake has a fakeout on his faster, non-transferring C4 that kills Sheik at 80%, while Sheik's fair won't kill until 160%.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
I think what you meant to say was, "Sheik's Fair KBG looks a little low, please check that out."

Anth0ny

Smash Master
My problem with that video is how Snake has a fakeout on his faster, non-transferring C4 that kills Sheik at 80%, while Sheik's fair won't kill until 160%.
Isn't that just because Snake is really heavy? If I recall correctly, he's like top 5 heaviest characters in Brawl.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
I can vouch for this.
this game is crazy good. I got to play it over the last 2 days accumulating about 16 hours already. this is probably the best mod ive ever played. all the original melee characters are good again. you guys did a incredible job with sonic. the changes are unbelieveble

Top Bottom