• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M is recruiting...

Revven

FrankerZ
He didn't choose the best ones, there was a lot to choose from and there were better things he could have chosen. To me, it seemed as though he was saving those for another time.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
He didn't choose the best ones, there was a lot to choose from and there were better things he could have chosen. To me, it seemed as though he was saving those for another time.
well in a trailer for a movie they may show 1 really good clip and a bunch of teaser stuff. Kinda show you some possibilities without giving everything away. I kind of did the same thing. Showed a few cool things but for everything else another time. ;). Odds me or someone else will make a vid not to far off.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
well in a trailer for a movie they may show 1 really good clip and a bunch of teaser stuff. Kinda show you some possibilities without giving everything away. I kind of did the same thing. Showed a few cool things but for everything else another time. ;). Odds me or someone else will make a vid not to far off.
Not anymore, now they show the best stuff so you waste your admission...

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Napoleon Dynamite had all the lulz parts in the trailers. LOL

I didn't find M2K waveshining SS across FD into an Usmash to be "lackluster," heh.

i got to play project m a little bit and i really want to mess around with it and see how close to melee it is. where can i get it and what do i need to play it on my wii?

Revven

FrankerZ
If you're going to Apex, you could try it out there.

Also, the project is going well, lots of people love it. And when I say that I'm not just talking about your average joe. :p

Yamer

Smash Journeyman
If you're going to Apex, you could try it out there.

Also, the project is going well, lots of people love it. And when I say that I'm not just talking about your average joe. :p
Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to apex, somebody help me out here :D

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
has mewtwo been added to project M yet? and when he is or if he is. LEt me know if you need somebody to test him out.

I can also play a fairly technical fox

Yamer

Smash Journeyman
You guys should hook me up with the code and I will show kids in korea project melee.

Dart!

Smash Master
it's looking pretty decent, hopefully snake marth and ike are decent...i really am anxious to see them in action.

gghhh3

Smash Apprentice
I can't wait for this to go to the public. It will be the only way I can play "Melee" with some friends. Keep it up guys.

Dart!

Smash Master
some things seem a bit off...like landing lag on some recoveries and certain sweet spotted up bs that don't sweet spot mainly falcons from what i'm seeing...*viewpoint of a new 3rd party source*

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
So could you do something to make the dimensions of the melee stages look a lil better. I mean like when its all said and done, would it be possible to have dreamland actually look big or more similar to the look in melee?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
So could you do something to make the dimensions of the melee stages look a lil better. I mean like when its all said and done, would it be possible to have dreamland actually look big or more similar to the look in melee?
yeah. That's kinda easy. You should see the **** that they are working on. I saw a preview of Melee's Final D. That made me so happy in the pants.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
To be honest, it might be better to leave both of those out.

Randall is needed tho lol. But wind and shy guys only add a certain random aspect and I think most players would probably be ok with them removed

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
It's not up to me but **** shy guys. Randell can stay because he almost always saves my life but Shy guys get in the way to me more then the lava at freaking brinstar.

Revven

FrankerZ
Can you add the wind in DL 64?

And Randal & shyguys in YS? :)
Wind is proving to be difficult, it may just wind up where we can't get Whispy to blow any wind at all and it'll just be left out because we couldn't get it to work. Randall is doable, Shy Guys however would probably be very difficult, especially to make them have hurtboxes. So, Shy Guys aren't probably gonna be there.

I would be VERY angry if they purposely left Shy Guys out.

VERY.
See above.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I've been told that wind doesn't affect characters in the air, although I've never tested this and can't vouch for it. In that case, would it be possible to use something like the conveyor belt mechanism on PS2 to simulate Dreamland's wind?

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Conveyer belt is probably just a ground only wind box. DL's wind was probably just a ginormous windbox.

I'll let those versed in stage editing speak definitively, though.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
im positive dl wind blows randomly if characters are on opposing sides of the tree.

when both players are on the same side it always blows in that direction.(lovage tested and I retested)

I don't think that it affects the top platform and it definitely doesn't affect air based players.

so conveyor belts could work.

but honestly those are elements that removed will make neutral stages a bit more neutral.

Top Bottom