• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M - Codex Re-Build [PREVIEW] - In 3.6 Works Edition [JULY 5th UPDATE]

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
So Codex are you using the Stage Expansion Mod for your build? If you are I REALLY recommend all of these stages (especially Lavender Town, Clock town, and Dr. Wily's Castle) http://www.lakora.us/brawl/smashland/ They're pretty amazing. And they already have all the stage select junk.

Last edited:

ImThatGuy

Smash Cadet
I really think that 9 gameboy styled stages is unnecessary and those stages, while neat in concept and the fan game, dont fit too well with the actual game, they look really strane in game imo. On the subject of what stages should be added, there are a lot of retoolings for some stages that were never too fun to play on that would make pretty cool to see in this build ( if you want i can link to some specific ones)

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
I really think that 9 gameboy styled stages is unnecessary and those stages, while neat in concept and the fan game, dont fit too well with the actual game, they look really strane in game imo. On the subject of what stages should be added, there are a lot of retoolings for some stages that were never too fun to play on that would make pretty cool to see in this build ( if you want i can link to some specific ones)
You can totes link em'. And also I do agree with ya on how the stages are bad in game, but I have an idea that would work.... RETOOLED FLATZONE!!! All 9 stages put over as transformations for Flatzone so that the characters would be flat and it wouldn't take up 9 slots!!!

ImThatGuy

Smash Cadet
I dunno if the flat zone idea could actually work, but I cant say im a master at that kind of stuff. its a neat idea though! as for example of retooled stages that would be pretty cool
Spear Pillar http://i.imgur.com/s34y4YW.png love this stage, Palkia <3
Great Bay http://imgur.com/a/pv9gh this one is jank, but sometimes, that could work lol
Pretty much any of Xeroms or Theytahs stages could work, lots of them have intresting concepts and its cool to see variety among the stages, competitive layout and aesthetic wise

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
This build looks to be the definite ideal.

Can I lead the way into discussion about stages, can I have some sort of idea as to how stages will be picked, in case I want to use the stage expansion version and want to gather music. Is there any criteria? Etc. If I missed a stage list at any point in the past 20 or so pages, my apologies.

Either way this looks REALLY REALLY good.

Last edited:

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
I dunno if the flat zone idea could actually work, but I cant say im a master at that kind of stuff. its a neat idea though! as for example of retooled stages that would be pretty cool
Great Bay http://imgur.com/a/pv9gh this one is jank, but sometimes, that could work lol
Pretty much any of Xeroms or Theytahs stages could work, lots of them have intresting concepts and its cool to see variety among the stages, competitive layout and aesthetic wise
I would love them both in this build, but I think they're just a bit too boring. Mainly Great Bay since it's just one platform with water pretty much.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
It's entirely possible I'll use two SD cards between this build and the amazing Luddoj's CSPs, or get fancy and make a beautiful hybrid of both

Shiro_Neku

Smash Cadet
Do you still need help with removing the names in the css menu? Also if you want I could help you make your build into a PM addon

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I really would love if Coin Block Ivysaur (which is hell annoying to type out, so I'm abbreviating it as Ivy$aur KESHA WANNABE) made it on the OP. Although I can't remember if Ivy$aur was ever actually finished, as that was a while ago

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
i Will NOT go back to PLaying PM untill ur Build has OFFICIALLY DROPPED.... Nuff said.
Well then! Prepare to get hyped when it does thanks!

How do you make a request on Brawl Vault?
I'm not sure you can, I'd check out the forums to see if there's a section for that though (I think there's a request section somewhere)

So Codex are you using the Stage Expansion Mod for your build? If you are I REALLY recommend all of these stages (especially Lavender Town, Clock town, and Dr. Wily's Castle) http://www.lakora.us/brawl/smashland/ They're pretty amazing. And they already have all the stage select junk.
I'll look into those thanks! I remember writing a list somewhere, should be on one of the pages back! I may need to update it with the 3.5 stage changes when I think about it.

You know, one idea I had in my head was someone to recreate the Duck Hunt stage with flatworld, that would be pretty cool to see.

You can totes link em'. And also I do agree with ya on how the stages are bad in game, but I have an idea that would work.... RETOOLED FLATZONE!!! All 9 stages put over as transformations for Flatzone so that the characters would be flat and it wouldn't take up 9 slots!!!
Agreed! It's a really neat idea (Now someone go make this work!)

Oh yeah, I planned to put them in! Great Bay for nostalgia~ And Spear Pillar because it's a classic to me when I was playing brawl back in the day, there's a lot of stages I like out there, so many I like and so many I wanted to give a hand at making if I ever had the time ;-;

This build looks to be the definite ideal.

Can I lead the way into discussion about stages, can I have some sort of idea as to how stages will be picked, in case I want to use the stage expansion version and want to gather music. Is there any criteria? Etc. If I missed a stage list at any point in the past 20 or so pages, my apologies.

Either way this looks REALLY REALLY good.
There's a stage list I made a while back, should be on one of the pages if you check back! Then again I need to update the list with 3.5 adding in stages and such, also no need to apologies! There isn't really a criteria, just that they need to fit well and look good I guess? In any case I'll get to making a newer updated list and will make a post on it!

Does anyone think this would be a good idea for yoshi? http://teespring.com/amsa
That would be a pretty cool idea, if someone wants makes this I don't mind making a CSP for him!

It's entirely possible I'll use two SD cards between this build and the amazing Luddoj's CSPs, or get fancy and make a beautiful hybrid of both
Sweet! Use the best of everything I say! Luddoj does some amazing CSPs so worth using!

Do you still need help with removing the names in the css menu? Also if you want I could help you make your build into a PM addon
Oh if you can that would be brilliant! Could I message you when I get close to releasing? Could be a bit of a while as I'm waiting for CBliss to be updated! As for the CSS Menu, I think I can remove the names unless there is a new way to do it? I'll need to look into that.

I really would love if Coin Block Ivysaur (which is hell annoying to type out, so I'm abbreviating it as Ivy$aur KESHA WANNABE) made it on the OP. Although I can't remember if Ivy$aur was ever actually finished, as that was a while ago
If I remember Coinblock was released and done from my understanding, I plan to make a CSP for everyone to use if that helps!

Project's like this take time, I would expect another month before this is done.
Oh if you're working on it good luck! It certainly does take time to work on stuff like that!

Imagine 14 alts on each character...
That's the plan! Got to carefully plan out all the characters costumes for when the release is out!

Shiro_Neku

Smash Cadet
You can send me a message whenever you want! I try to enter here daily because I check the Smash 3 thread and your thread of course.
The only thing I need for doing the addon is a list of all the edited files (only the ones that are not the same as PM) and the files because I need to check their MD5 checksum value (if you don't want to send me the files you can send me only the MD5 checksum in a notepad or somewhere else) and for the css names if you can delete the names without the game showing a gray bar then you're doing it the right way.

Yoyoeat

Smash Cadet
You and Luddoj are awesome. You deserve the CSP Maker Potato Trophy. Your CSPs are awesome. I already said it? Owell. Btw, WHEN IS YOUR BUILD COMING OUTTTTTTT ARGHHHHH!

EDIT : Where can we download all your CSPs and other stuff (separately or not)?

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

You can send me a message whenever you want! I try to enter here daily because I check the Smash 3 thread and your thread of course.
The only thing I need for doing the addon is a list of all the edited files (only the ones that are not the same as PM) and the files because I need to check their MD5 checksum value (if you don't want to send me the files you can send me only the MD5 checksum in a notepad or somewhere else) and for the css names if you can delete the names without the game showing a gray bar then you're doing it the right way.
Very well! Thanking you in advance! It might be soon, or might be a while, it really depends on that CBliss update! (Please be soon update)

So, Codex, you have a pet? I have 2 dogs.....

Jesus, I'm bored.....
I have Cat. I also have Dog. Things Happen when Cat and Dog are in the same room.

Just waiting for CBliss update Anyyyyytime soon now!

You and Luddoj are awesome. You deserve the CSP Maker Potato Trophy. Your CSPs are awesome. I already said it? Owell. Btw, WHEN IS YOUR BUILD COMING OUTTTTTTT ARGHHHHH!

EDIT : Where can we download all your CSPs and other stuff (separately or not)?
Thanks! Luddoj's stuff is really good and I'm very glad to see how far he's gotten since he started haha! It's been a pretty long road!

Build waiting for the CBliss update, ANYTIME SOOOOOOOOON, if nothing is heard about that by the end of next week I'm going to make the main release with 10 costumes.

As for the CSP downloads I really should update that front page, it's way dated and I should release the costumes on the vault when I can *Adds to the To-do list*

Last edited:

Yoyoeat

Smash Cadet
Very well! Thanking you in advance! It might be soon, or might be a while, it really depends on that CBliss update! (Please be soon update)

I have Cat. I also have Dog. Things Happen when Cat and Dog are in the same room.

Just waiting for CBliss update Anyyyyytime soon now!

Thanks! Luddoj's stuff is really good and I'm very glad to see how far he's gotten since he started haha! It's been a pretty long road!

Build waiting for the CBliss update, ANYTIME SOOOOOOOOON, if nothing is heard about that by the end of next week I'm going to make the main release with 10 costumes.

As for the CSP downloads I really should update that front page, it's way dated and I should release the costumes on the vault when I can *Adds to the To-do list*
AWWW YEAH!

MagicManNo9

Give Mario a Reggie costume (No hat, suit and tie :p)
Someone make that costume a thing and I'll make a CSP of that instantly!

UPDATE:

Whilst waiting for CBliss to update here's another preview of Pit's CSPs, whilst having a 14 costume limit is amazing and gives me so much more room to pick out costumes, having re-organize and pick out new ones can be quite challenging, in some cases I just jump in an make some recolors of certain ones, anyway here's Pit's 14!

CSP:

BP:

The only proper change I've done is edited Mirage Pit's Skin as it was slightly higher saturation, with that said there's the additional recolors of Retro Pit I felt would've fit the remaining costume spaces, hope you enjoy!

Last edited:

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
Someone make that costume a thing and I'll make a CSP of that instantly!

UPDATE:

Whilst waiting for CBliss to update here's another preview of Pit's CSPs, whilst having a 14 costume limit is amazing and gives me so much more room to pick out costumes, having re-organize and pick out new ones can be quite challenging, in some cases I just jump in an make some recolors of certain ones, anyway here's Pit's 14!

CSP:

BP:

The only proper change I've done is edited Mirage Pit's Skin as it was slightly higher saturation, with that said there's the additional recolors of Retro Pit I felt would've fit the remaining costume spaces, hope you enjoy!
YAAAS RETRO DARK PIT YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSS

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
Okay so I'm a little bit confused.
So is this pack going to HAVE these extras as an extension of the build, or are they just the optional colors we have to find in the vault? Because if they're in the build when it's complete than I willingly to stay on this nice ride.

MagicManNo9

Okay so I'm a little bit confused.
So is this pack going to HAVE these extras as an extension of the build, or are they just the optional colors we have to find in the vault? Because if they're in the build when it's complete than I willingly to stay on this nice ride.
Well accordingly the next CBliss update with have 14 costumes and if that's the case then yes, all these extras will be in the build, also those re-colors you see there are the ones I whipped up really quickly this evening if that helps!

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Well accordingly the next CBliss update with have 14 costumes and if that's the case then yes, all these extras will be in the build, also those re-colors you see there are the ones I whipped up really quickly this evening if that helps!
So every character will be updated to have 14 costumes? If so, keep up the good work. You took out the Pit I planned on using (White clothing and black hair) abut that doesnt matter now. I just want that 14 costume expansion and a release date on this build.

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
I love the Retro Pit's recolors. Since I haven't been checking the updates on the vault I would like to know, did you recolor them yourself?

Nice designs as always!

MagicManNo9

will the retro recolors be select-able for teams? Loving your choices on costumes btw
I'm actually looking into that funny enough, if anyone who knows how to let me know when you can! I want to implement that for Pit alt colors! Also thanks! I sometimes sit down for a good hour thinking about which costumes are best and what to use!

So every character will be updated to have 14 costumes? If so, keep up the good work. You took out the Pit I planned on using (White clothing and black hair) abut that doesnt matter now. I just want that 14 costume expansion and a release date on this build.
Hopefully! I'm just waiting for the next CBliss update (If anyone knows the situation with that let me know! I want to get this out!) I could switch out the Pinkish Pit for the White and black one if people want me to? I'll also make a CSP and BP for that in any case!

I love the Retro Pit's recolors. Since I haven't been checking the updates on the vault I would like to know, did you recolor them yourself?

Nice designs as always!
Thanks! I made those recolors myself, I plan to do that to a majority of the costumes, specially with the 14 limit!

Those retro Pits recolors are so on point!
Thanks! Had to do a lot of mix and matching to get that right! Glad you're all liking it!

Waiting for PM 3.5 Codex Edition to come out.......
Soooooon, until then have this Gif of Bowser playing baseball... sorta.

Once that CBliss update hits prepare that hype all full power.

Don't rush him, let him work at his own pace, it'll get done when it's done.
Thank you! Just waiting in for an update, then when that passes I can get it all prepared!

Soon "PMDT"

MagicManNo9

UPDATE:

Here's a quick look at Bowser's update whilst waiting.

CSP's:

BP's:

Added Striker's Bowser, and three version of Smash 4/Brawl style bowser, I also fixed up Rookie Bowser's CSP, not much else to add here until then! Hope you all like!

ImThatGuy

Smash Cadet
UPDATE:

CSP's:

BP's:

Added Striker's Bowser, and three version of Smash 4/Brawl style bowser, I also fixed up Rookie Bowser's CSP, not much else to add here until then! Hope you all like!
Ooooh these look great, loving the striker Bowser, out of curiosity, what happened with the characters that didnt have too many quality costumes in the first place? I know a couple characters like Ivy, Squirtle and Lucas are very underloved when it comes to high quality costumes

Shiro_Neku

Smash Cadet
UPDATE:

CSP's:

BP's:

I don't know if you also need the Giga Bowser files to make Bowser work or if you only need them if you use the final smash, I haven't test it

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
With the 14 slot CBliss update, won't the BPs for the extra four slots still show up wrong? At least on most characters.

MagicManNo9

Ooooh these look great, loving the striker Bowser, out of curiosity, what happened with the characters that didnt have too many quality costumes in the first place? I know a couple characters like Ivy, Squirtle and Lucas are very underloved when it comes to high quality costumes
Thanks! And good point, I was thinking on that and will still use recolor's though I wish there was some nice costumes for that, if I had more time to learn costume creation I would totally make a couple of idea's I had for them.
I don't know if you also need the Giga Bowser files to make Bowser work or if you only need them if you use the final smash, I haven't test it
Funny enough Dark Bowser and Dry Bowser comes with there own version of Giga Bowser so I've always assumed you did need it so I'll give it a test and see what happens.

With the 14 slot CBliss update, won't the BPs for the extra four slots still show up wrong? At least on most characters.
Would they? I assumed CBliss will make both BPs and Costumes slot when it's released I imagined?

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
Would they? I assumed CBliss will make both BPs and Costumes slot when it's released I imagined?
This is actually a really good question. I knew that characters BPs (and slot numbers overall) have space for up to ten pictures. Like how Donkey Kong's "ID" are numbers range from 11 through 20....
So how are 14 BPs going to work out if adding 21, 22, 23 and 24 would invade Link's slot numbers?

Top Bottom