• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Back Room Releases Blog Post on v3.5, Recoveries

gamerjohn1991

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gamerjohn1991
3DS FC
5370-1230-7105
Hope they reveal more costumes than just the first five, Shinobi Squirtle, Ike's Armor, and Dark Meta Knight...

coopreme

Smash Cadet
We should all take a minute to stop ******** and thank the PMBR guys for actually making this game and attempting to keep it competitive and relevant! So THANK YOU for putting so much work into PM! :007:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
That's the only way i can see to nerf his recovery. his recovery isn't all that bad that he needs the air dodge.
There are lots of other options. The primary issue with ROB is that nobody knows anything about ROB.
Things that could be removed/toned down to make his recovery really pathetic/average (depending on the degree of the reduction):
-Fair jumping (works with any aerial tho, it gives extra upward momentum if you use an aerial at the end up his up-b).
-Dair stalling, if they wanted to they could completely rework his dair to not be a thruster move at all, so it wouldn't give momentum and couldn't be used for stalling. If they made it a normal meteor, like falcon's, it would be more beneficial to his onstage game especially his combo game.
-His crazy low edge grab sweetspot. That **** is just unnecessary.

Last edited:

jdmcwombat

Smash Cadet
NNID
SmashWombat
3DS FC
0087-2587-4693
HA! Squirtle's recovery is not lackluster, neither is fox's. Wombat plz
1) Squirtle's vertical recovery is pretty darn bad compared to the 40 other characters, with the exception of when he's on Green Hill Zone or Dracula's Castle. He can work wonders with a wall. People tend to ban those stages though.

2) I wasn't saying Fox's recovery is bad. I mean just the opposite. Fox's recovery is dirt nasty good. My question was if they will nerf the untouchable Fox's recovery. Any nerf he's gotten is not enough to whine like some people do.

3) I like this whole "Wombat plz" thing. A lot of people say it lol

Last edited:

Vanguard

Smash Cadet
I counted less than 10 posts out of 131 that even refer to possible engine / global adjustments. Everyone knee jerking talking about this or that specific character 'nerfing'.

Also, issues with the word 'nerf'. Hypothetically if i reduced the avg survivability of everyone but Jiggs, is it better to say i nerfed everyone, or i buffed jiggs?

Food for thought.

coopreme

Smash Cadet
I counted less than 10 posts out of 131 that even refer to possible engine / global adjustments. Everyone knee jerking talking about this or that specific character 'nerfing'.

Also, issues with the word 'nerf'. Hypothetically if i reduced the avg survivability of everyone but Jiggs, is it better to say i nerfed everyone, or i buffed jiggs?

Food for thought.
Jiggypuff is easily one of the best chars in the game... if you can't wave-rest jump cancel then you stink. :039:

Top Bottom