• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.6 Trailer Released!

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I can't help but wonder what stages were taken out to add the new/alternate ones. I'd hate if my custom stage slots were taken out.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Stage expansion and ASL should work together.
I really, really hope you're right. I don't want to have to lose Melee: Debug Stage, Super Smash Flash 2: Sky Sanctuary Zone, and Wii U: Big Battlefield, among others.

Last edited:

Omegaphoenix

Smash Apprentice
So, can the people worried that Smash 4 and Nintendo support will wreck PM stop now? It's okay guys. PM is still going to go on, and so will the rest of the Smash community.

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
Dev team: "Guys, we're losing ground! Nobody's playing PM at tournament anymore! What do we do?"
Advisor: "Just throw together a trailer with mildly interesting stages. People will get super hype over it."

That's what it feels like.
I like PM though, so I'm eager to see everything 3.6 offers.

Cr@zy &nger

Smash Rookie
NNID
crazydylan123
3DS FC
1332-8755-9018
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19_

Smash Journeyman
NNID
19sean
3DS FC
3239-4949-6616
Thank you for reminding me that I need an SD card.

_Chrome

Smash Ace
This evening at Aftershock, a major tournament in Texas, the Project M Dev Team came out of nowhere to announce the latest version of Project M, 3.6! With new stages, costumes, and other various improvements, it's time to get excited all over again!

Unlike the last announcement trailer, there has been no release date specified. For now, Project M 3.6 is "Coming Soon. TM" Take a look at the trailer below!

What do you think of the teaser? What are you most excited for so far? Make your voice heard in the comments below!

The Derrit is very happy to see Project M still going strong. Chat with him on Twitter at @TheDerrit.
To anyone that dislikes Project M, or isn't sure about giving the game a try... You'll notice Snorlax in the background of the new Saffron City skin. If that isn't enough reason to at least download the game, then I don't know what is!!!

himemiya

Smash Lord
I hope the alternate stage thing doesn't make the brawlbox files look even more confusing and hope it doesn't take up much space. I also hope bowser's castle doesn't replace dracula's castle. And I hope they don't do playstyle redesigns for the characters (at this point they should changing the chars moves completely) and maybe restore some moves replaced.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
After seeing that Castle, I know where I will always Gentlemen Agreement to. All in favor?!

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Group battle? is that what that is?

Could that be done before? I'm confused, yet hyped.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
BUFF META KNIGHT, PLEASE! HE'S NO LONGER FUN TO PLAY AS! PEOPLE SAY HE'S BALANCED THE WAY HE IS IN PM, BUT I FIND IT HARD TO BELIEVE WHEN HE FEELS MORE LIKE OLIMAR WITH ONE PIKMIN! ;_;

On a side note, I hope they do some drastic changes with his jab. Either make it an infinate jab in his general direction like in Smash 4, or make it like a jab finisher where does spin-thingy after doing all his other sushi-chopping.

Seriously, tho, I feel the PMDT went overboard in nerfing him. First he's god teir, now he's peasant teir. :(

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
BUFF META KNIGHT, PLEASE! HE'S NO LONGER FUN TO PLAY AS! PEOPLE SAY HE'S BALANCED THE WAY HE IS IN PM, BUT I FIND IT HARD TO BELIEVE WHEN HE FEELS MORE LIKE OLIMAR WITH ONE PIKMIN! ;_;

On a side note, I hope they do some drastic changes with his jab. Either make it an infinate jab in his general direction like in Smash 4, or make it like a jab finisher where does spin-thingy after doing all his other sushi-chopping.

Seriously, tho, I feel the PMDT went overboard in nerfing him. First he's god teir, now he's peasant teir. :(
Metaknight is still really good.

Satan-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6402-0771
At least 1 new character pretty much confirmed for 3.6. Look at the end of the trailer at 2:48.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Metaknight is still really good.
I...I dunno... Call me a nostalgia-blind noob fanboy for maining him in Brawl, but I feel he could be better. He just feels awkward and overwhelming, I guess.

Which is weird, because I like juggling my opponents, yet MK, a juggler fighter, seems to turn me off because of all the nerfs. Heck, Smash 4's MK is better!

Just...I wish for something new. The mid-air jump nerf was the last straw for me; he's THE Meta Knight, not an angel born with defective wings.

Also, just saw Olimar's new recovery. Love it, mate. Never cared for his gameplay, so I'm glad he's getting attention.

I dunno why, but I hate how nostalgic PM tries to be. The gameplay isn't my problem, but the SFX for some fighters. Mario's fireballs, Link n' Marth's slashes, Samus' various sounds. They all sound dated compared to the other fighters. If you wanna make your mod look new, then it's gotta also sound new; take a step forward, not back! I would personally take an extra step by hiring a PMDT member to voice Mewtwo, but that's just me being bugged by how dated the quality of his voices sound.

At least 1 new character pretty much confirmed for 3.6. Look at the end of the trailer at 2:48.
...I don't see it.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
Wheeee, more Melee sounds and stages. As if everything wasn't pretentiously melee-ified enough already.
Heh. So much for the Optimist part of your name.

Dev team: "Guys, we're losing ground! Nobody's playing PM at tournament anymore!
You mean like Aftershock that just ended like an hour ago? Or Shots Fired? Or B.E.A.S.T 5?

Last edited:

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Project M HD Remix Turbo Edition & Knuckles 2 Electric Boogity Woogity Loooo HYYYYYYPPPPPEEEE!!!!

Edit: COMING SOON has already been trademarked by gimr. Gotta find some excuse to never upload dose' vods tho.

Last edited:

YoshiplayerX

Smash Apprentice
Wow the Bowser Stage is amazing!
I also like the new Saffron City and the Charizard costume.
The sad thing is, that PM isnt so poular in the competitive scene anymore :(

HalcyonDays

Smash Apprentice
This new content tho... :surprised::smirk:

Still waiting for that pal release

And Knuckles

And Lyn

And Isaac

And Bagan's Ridley
(And Advance Wars Sami...)

Sooo curious what kind of movesets they gave these guys!

Why is this video nothing but Peach being beaten?

-_-

As a peach main....why?
Yeah, should've been Mario or Luigi or something...

I dunno, Bowser doesn't seem like the type to kidnap Peach just to beat her face in, y'know?

Last edited:
Top Bottom