• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.6 Online via Dolphin Netplay Setup + Optimization Guide

Meecrob

Smash Rookie
I know this version is not for saving and everything, but I can't get the regular versions for Project M starting. So I would like to use this version with my Wii savefile and those replays to record them. So.. is it possible to save/use a savefile?

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it.. :nervous:

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
I did download 3.02 Full. However I did not replace the RSBE01. I will try that now.

EDIT: Still came out 32837a034ab643dc17673492ae6f40e1 and 7.4 Gigs.
Make sure you got homebrew and not hackless. Screenshot the contents of your builder folder.

Jacob29

Smash Ace
Any idea how to fix stuttering?

My fps says 60 at all times (sometimes going to 61) but it feels like it stutters at random times.

This doesn't change regardless of my AA or resolution.

Y-L

Smash Champion
Any idea how to fix stuttering?

My fps says 60 at all times (sometimes going to 61) but it feels like it stutters at random times.

This doesn't change regardless of my AA or resolution.
What CPU do you have?

Jacob29

Smash Ace
Yeah that's what I am thinking.

I dunno really - it's just happening occassionaly, usually when the camera zooms out to show the rest of the stage.

Sometimes with Lucas combos too. What is strange is that I am ALWAYS on 60fps so I guess the speed is slowing a bit.

Bisu

Smash Rookie
hey im running pm right now at only 45 fps and dont know why. maybe it is my computer is too slow?

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name PCPCC-PC
System Manufacturer HP-Pavilion
System Model KT375AA-A2L a6534f
System Type X86-based PC
Processor AMD Phenom(tm) 8450 Triple-Core Processor, 2100 Mhz, 3 Core(s), 3 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD 5.14, 6/20/2008
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name PCPCC-PC\PCPCC
Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 3.25 GB
Available Physical Memory 1.69 GB
Total Virtual Memory 6.50 GB
Available Virtual Memory 4.54 GB
Page File Space 3.25 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
Maybe someone can help me here.

I think I've done everything as described, and can run P:M flawlessly in Dolphin, but my MD5 checksum is: 4f1f5714debe6679513558807e29a8be

I have yet to try it online, but I can assume this is an issue.

Y-L

Smash Champion
Maybe someone can help me here.

I think I've done everything as described, and can run P:M flawlessly in Dolphin, but my MD5 checksum is: 4f1f5714debe6679513558807e29a8be

I have yet to try it online, but I can assume this is an issue.
Yes, you will desync online.

Is your brawl iso 7.9gb or close to that?
If no, you have a scrubbed version of brawl, you need a new iso.

If yes, you either didn't replace rsbe01.gct or don't have the correct files which should be the homebrew 3.02 full set projectm folder.

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
8,331,680 KB on the Brawl ISO

replacing rsbe01, let's try that.

Edit: Yep, as expected, I didn't do this; I'm trying it now, but if it fails, I'll re-do it entirely tomorrow.

Last edited:

-Nesta-

Smash Cadet
NNID
oNESTAo
Do you guys think my internet is good enough for lagless netplay? www speedtest net/my-result/3623527685

Jacob29

Smash Ace
Alright it's less of a stutter and more like the emulation is slowing down for some reason.

Or that it changes to 30fps (even though it stays at 60)

Y-L

Smash Champion
Alright it's less of a stutter and more like the emulation is slowing down for some reason.

Or that it changes to 30fps (even though it stays at 60)
Could you possibly post a video? That would be the most helpful.

Sai_

Smash Apprentice
I was getting hyped for this, but then I found out I need a beefy computer to do this. I was expecting more of a server based connection rather than connecting through Dolphin. Oh well.

Jacob29

Smash Ace
I have so many clips of me playing the game and I cannot find it a single time.

But I definitely, promise you that I feel it.

But I cannot video it and I have no idea why.

I have even tried pausing the game right after to show me where about's the slowdown is and after reviewing it I cannot see it.

Heres 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK9cIOVbNXM&feature=youtu.be
Heres 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj5lU2H-Cac&feature=youtu.be

You can barely see it in those, if at all.

But I did manage to catch this out of video 2 and uploaded it to gfycat for 60fps. You can see as i am throwing him it slows down a bit, hard to tell on just watching.

But when playing it is very apparent and annoying

http://www.gfycat.com/ConsiderateSparseAmethystinepython

edit: Alright... I think that while playing it to me it feels like its lagging and skipping frames and stuff.

but when I record it is simply looks like its in slow motion (as in the gif)

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
I was getting hyped for this, but then I found out I need a beefy computer to do this. I was expecting more of a server based connection rather than connecting through Dolphin. Oh well.
The reason there's hardly any lag is because there's no server. It uses a player to player connection which allows the delay to be very small. The reason you need a beefy computer (one that's less than like 4 years old so not really beefy lol) is because you have to emulate the game.

I have so many clips of me playing the game and I cannot find it a single time.

But I definitely, promise you that I feel it.

But I cannot video it and I have no idea why.

I have even tried pausing the game right after to show me where about's the slowdown is and after reviewing it I cannot see it.

Heres 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK9cIOVbNXM&feature=youtu.be
Heres 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj5lU2H-Cac&feature=youtu.be

You can barely see it in those, if at all.

But I did manage to catch this out of video 2 and uploaded it to gfycat for 60fps. You can see as i am throwing him it slows down a bit, hard to tell on just watching.

But when playing it is very apparent and annoying

http://www.gfycat.com/ConsiderateSparseAmethystinepython

edit: Alright... I think that while playing it to me it feels like its lagging and skipping frames and stuff.

but when I record it is simply looks like its in slow motion (as in the gif)
Hmm I wasn't really noticing much lag there.. what graphics card do you have? and what internal resolution did you set?

Jacob29

Smash Ace
Hmm I wasn't really noticing much lag there.. what graphics card do you have? and what internal resolution did you set?
Yeah I know.. it is really hard to see it on video and even I can't see it and I know where I am looking.

My friend did say he could recognize it slowing down on the .gif though as I am d-throwing him to me it looks choppy.

I have a 7850 HD.

At the moment its just at internal native.

Also if you listen to the 2nd youtube video you can hear the audio stutter a little at the start.

It happens a lot more often when I am online so I will try to get some footage of it tomorrow.

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
Yeah I know.. it is really hard to see it on video and even I can't see it and I know where I am looking.

My friend did say he could recognize it slowing down on the .gif though as I am d-throwing him to me it looks choppy.

I have a 7850 HD.

At the moment its just at internal native.

Also if you listen to the 2nd youtube video you can hear the audio stutter a little at the start.

It happens a lot more often when I am online so I will try to get some footage of it tomorrow.
Well I believe your best bet is then to post here. They will be able to help you more than I.

Tesseract9000

Smash Rookie
I have a question. I tried to do netplay for the first time ever today. I couldn't find my pm iso within the dolphin directory. Even though it's in the same place as the other gamecube and wii games I have. Is there something I'm missing? I checked the md5 for my iso and the number checks out as the same as the one in the OP.

Y-L

Smash Champion
I have a question. I tried to do netplay for the first time ever today. I couldn't find my pm iso within the dolphin directory. Even though it's in the same place as the other gamecube and wii games I have. Is there something I'm missing? I checked the md5 for my iso and the number checks out as the same as the one in the OP.
In Dolphin try file->refresh list.

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
The one that you're looking at is my mario kart wii game. SSPM.iso is the one that won't show up.
Oh whoops, my bad. Try removing .iso from the name? Right now it's ssbpm.iso.iso If that doesn't do anything try going into paths, clear all the paths, add them again, then refresh the list. If still nothing after that reinstall dolphin.

Yori

Banned via Warnings
I reset my computer, so PM is gone. Didn't the instructions change today? You don't need the homebrew folder anymore?

Y-L

Smash Champion
I reset my computer, so PM is gone. Didn't the instructions change today? You don't need the homebrew folder anymore?
I went ahead and uploaded the builder with all the files needed already set up and ready to go.

Yori

Banned via Warnings
I went ahead and uploaded the builder with all the files needed already set up and ready to go.
Nice :D Unfortunately I already started downloading before the update xD. Well, I have everything working and I just got my GC adapter. So it's time for some serious netplay

Thamauturge

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone, I have a quick question. I recently bought a 13' retina MacBook Pro. It's the one with the 256 GB SSD.

Does anyone have any idea how well (or if) it would run Melee or PM net play?

Y-L

Smash Champion
Hey everyone, I have a quick question. I recently bought a 13' retina MacBook Pro. It's the one with the 256 GB SSD.

Does anyone have any idea how well (or if) it would run Melee or PM net play?
Depends on the processor. PM me.

Garquille14

Smash Apprentice
I'm getting a lot of audio lag and audio crackling. I've tried every available combination of settings and nothing does anything.

I've done a bunch of googling, but the only solutions I found were to use older versions of dolphin. Is that an option for PM Netplay?

Or is there anything else I can do?

I'm running an i5-4670k with GTX 770 and a Soundblaster Z audio card

and for some reason the game doesn't like to register the end-match combination of buttons as well as on console, which makes me worry that my settings aren't ideal.

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
I'm getting a lot of audio lag and audio crackling. I've tried every available combination of settings and nothing does anything.

I've done a bunch of googling, but the only solutions I found were to use older versions of dolphin. Is that an option for PM Netplay?

Or is there anything else I can do?

I'm running an i5-4670k with GTX 770 and a Soundblaster Z audio card

and for some reason the game doesn't like to register the end-match combination of buttons as well as on console, which makes me worry that my settings aren't ideal.
It's definitely not your hardware, that's some of the best for Dolphin. Reverting to an older version of dolphin isn't an option, you need 4.0-652. Are you using 4.0-652? Did you use my controller settings?

You are using my guide right? Not a virtual SD card?

Last edited:
Top Bottom