• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.5 Blogpost #6 Covers Ledge Stalling

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
Earlier today, the PM Dev Team released a blog post talking about mechanical changes to the upcoming Project M patch. The changes introduced today were to ledge play. Previously, several characters had a surefire way to stay completely invincible on the ledge of the stage. In the upcoming build, if a character grabs the ledge five times without touching the ground, ledge invincibility will not refresh.

Before After
This mechanic is reminiscent of the mechanics in Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS: After the first ledge grab, characters that have not been hit will not receive ledge invincibility if they do not first recover to the stage. Whether or not this new idea for Project M has been influenced by Smash 4 or not, it will prevent stalling mechanics effectively. Without question, this is yet another positive move for Project M.

Read the full blog post here.

What do you think about this new mechanic? Make your voice heard in the comments below!

The Derrit wants 3.5 and Slippy soon. Follow him on Twitter at @TheDerrit.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Cool! I like this! I had suggested this idea for Mewtwo's Ledgewoop, but its great to see its being applied to everyone!

Robby Mitchell

Smash Rookie
Cool, this is one of the Smash 4 mechanic ideas I really like, glad to see it applied in PM

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
Okay mewtwo got his nerf now people can stop complaining. I very much hope they DONT remove the teleport into hover now after this. That would be very sad indeed.

K-45

Smash Journeyman
Awesome u just kicked M2k from this game gg.

Last edited:

Dr_Falchion

Smash Cadet
Smash 4 mechanics?
Its definitely similar, but the five grabs is definitely different from Smash 4's loss of invincibility after the first. Not to mention the lack of ledge-stealing like in Smash 4. This doesn't radically change the techs for most people - it just helps to prevent certain stalling techniques that unbalance the game.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I think dropping it down to 2 or 3 times would be even better. It would force the people off the ledge quicker, and it would also force them to act much differently and more precisely for ledge hogging.

TechMage299

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TechMage299
3DS FC
3497-1921-5527
the m2k sheik camping won't change since that's project m, m2k only uses sheik in melee

D

Deleted member 268018

Project M. make me think of Metroid Other M, not something with Smash.

shapular

Smash Ace
This is a step in the right direction, but some characters can still abuse ledge invincibility to get back on stage easily. I wonder if they'll fix that.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
But I wanna Woop Woop the ledge all dayyyyyyyy~ :troll:

But in all seriousness, an interesting change. Whether it changes this part of the meta, only time will tell.

c@m

Smash Rookie
not only does this apply to m2k and emukiller, but how did everyone forget about CHUDAT
he won't be camping the edge anymore to get kirbicides

Top Bottom