• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.5 Blogpost #6 Covers Ledge Stalling

JipC

Smash Journeyman
At first I thought they just nerfed the invincibility in general but then I realized its only after 5 ledge grabs
I'm okay with this
I'll enjoy my chudat'ing while I still have it though :kirby:

Une

Smash Apprentice
Meanwhile the faint sound of M2K crying in despair was heard from miles away

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
I can't believe people. It use to be infinite times that you grab the ledge you get invincibility. It has always been like that in every game. The PMDT change it to 5 times and people have the gall to complain that its still too much?!?!?!?! People it use to be infinite in every other game and it wasn't broken. Complaining about 5 still being too many makes you sound unpleaseable.

Molma

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3652-0643-3937
Prime example: Chudat's Kirby
not only does this apply to m2k and emukiller, but how did everyone forget about CHUDAT
he won't be camping the edge anymore to get kirbicides
At first I thought they just nerfed the invincibility in general but then I realized its only after 5 ledge grabs
I'm okay with this
I'll enjoy my chudat'ing while I still have it though :kirby:
Am I the ONLY Kirby main that doesn't Kirbycide? :(

On-Topic: This mechanic change tho

Last edited:

Probalo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mattoswine
3DS FC
4356-0295-3822
Switch FC
SW 5442-3764-0807
I like this change! It's definitely for the better.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
hmm. Definitely removes toxic gameplay mechanics for a lot of characters, but removing options from several characters is no good.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
grab ledge, drop off, jump, wave land backwards, re grab ledge. Isn't that a thing?

Do we need 5 ledge grabs? Would 3 be better? 5 still feels like staling. And things like this usually just come in 3's.

Is touching the floor the only way to refresh the invincibility? Getting hit should refresh it too.

edit: read the full post questions answered. ignore me.

Last edited:

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord
Brawl 2 is what some people are calling Smash 4. Those people are also what I like to call wrong.
Yes, they are wrong. It's Brawl 2.0. You gotta remember to put that .0 in there :awesome:
#TrollSoHardTheyCallMeTrollSoHard

Last edited:

Zoma

Smash Journeyman
Not a fan. I feel like it will have unintended consequences, because it's absolutely possible to grab the ledge five times in non-stalling situations.

TreK

Is "that guy"
I think 5 is still too high. A ledge snap gives you half a second of invincibility, so you can get up to 2.5 seconds of invincibility, plus a ledge action giving you 3 seconds in total. That's still enough to brainlessly camp out the respawn invincibility and that was my main gripe with ledge stalling.

Maybe it's just because I play a tether character but imho, if you can't find yourself, or create yourself an opportunity to recover within 3 ledge snaps, then you don't deserve to recover in the first place.

King Kei

Smash Rookie
I'm rather excited for this update. Newer mechanics brought to Brawl's mod makes it feel a bit better and this should improve the competitive scene with P:M and should bring a bit more players to it.

WaveDashCash

Smash Apprentice
The annihilation of these annoying mechanics puts me ON EDGE. ;)
Project M looks to be ironing out all of Smash's unpleasant aspects.

Burning

Smash Rookie
NNID
kazuna-kasai
3DS FC
1977-0205-0646
The annihilation of these annoying mechanics puts me ON EDGE
OFF TOPIC:

Back on topic; I'm glad this is being removed. It irritates me watching Chudat's Kirby a lot. That tactic shouldn't even be allowed, good job to Project M devs for nerfing it I say.

I'm overall pretty hyped for the next update. I assume there's going to be one with the new stuff flagging up recently. :p

*I don't pay much attention to updates guys don't kill me pls*

Alondite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Exaccus
This would be a whole lot better if it discouraged abusing ledge invincibility in the first place. Only limiting invincibility on 5 re-grabs accomplishes little on the gameplay side of things.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Can we remove the slow ledge get-up? Also, can we add this mechanic to Diddy's banana's? You know, having a time limit before it disappears is fine, but adding the number of trips on an individual banana (with the time limit) might better balance the game.

Last edited:

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
I would just like to make clear that this was in the development build for 3.5 way before it was ever revealed in smash 4

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
5 times? I would've assumed 3 or less ledge grabs before invincibility wears off cause I've never seen anyone grab the ledge more than 5 times in a match on average. Ah whatever.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
5 times? I would've assumed 3 or less ledge grabs before invincibility wears off cause I've never seen anyone grab the ledge more than 5 times in a match on average. Ah whatever.
That's entirely the point. For most people, regrabbing a few times in a row is common place to gather thoughts on how to most safely get back onto the actual stage. The limit is large enough to apply only to legitimate stalling and scamming.

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
I don't like how people complain that even what they say is an improvement is not good enough for them. "Limiting invincibility is good but 5 is still to high make it lower." Really? Be happy that they fixed what you saw as a problem. Some people didn't even see it as a problem.

Top Bottom