• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.02 Released! (Changelog in post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Considering there's absolutely no Homebrew for the Wii U whatsoever, nor do we even know how feasible modding an unreleased game is....

Kati

Smash Lord
serious question here mainly to the pmbr, if super smash bros 4 flops (heres praying that it doesn't) will the project m team be able to do something similar like what they did with brawl to smash4 and i understand the game is not out yet but this is just shear speculation
If ssb4 flops... just play pm, don't ask the pmbr to devote 100+ hours to start from scratch.

Kati

Smash Lord
Dolphin netplay. Assuming your in NA, your bound to find someone to play with locally sooner or later.

Droß

Smash Apprentice
well with Nintendo shutting down its online servers im kinda ***** out when it comes to playing PM and playing people
Forgot Nintendo was doing this! :(

btw, for those asking about modding SSB4 akin to Project M, you need a way to get your hands on the source code before you can mod it. It won't happen for a long time, and certainly not before the game releases. But it'll likely happen since Nintendo has zero will to produce a game balanced for competitive play.

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
well with Nintendo shutting down its online servers im kinda ***** out when it comes to playing PM and playing people
I was worried about this, but I read somewhere that some hackers are already trying to fix that and still have working servers. It could just be for the mod in the forum I read about it, or it could be for all Nintendo.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
If you are not using the Hackless method, then yes you can use a 4GB SD card. If you are using the Hackless method, you are required to use a 2GB SD card.

Double Vision

Smash Rookie
NNID
Phil9943
If you are not using the Hackless method, then yes you can use a 4GB SD card. If you are using the Hackless method, you are required to use a 2GB SD card.
That was a little vague :p Could you give me like a step by step guide for the hack method (I know I'm asking for a lot)? I can't really find anything out there on the whole internet lol.

Double Vision

Smash Rookie
NNID
Phil9943
OK so I downloaded the homebrew stuffs and this keep happening. Watch the video. This is SO frustrating. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Last edited:

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
That was a little vague :p Could you give me like a step by step guide for the hack method (I know I'm asking for a lot)? I can't really find anything out there on the whole internet lol.
If you do not have the homebrew channel currently installed, you can install the homebrew channel via any method such as letter bomb or whatever you find by searching for "wii hacking guide menu version #.#" # being your menu version. After you have installed homebrew, just use the Homebrew version and you can use any SD card size.

xXDarkRisingXx

Smash Apprentice
If o not have the homebrew channel currently installed, you can install the homebrew channel via any method such as letter bomb or whatever you find by searching for "wii hacking guide menu version #.#" # being your menu version. After you have installed homebrew, just use the Homebrew version and you can use any SD card size.
This is off topic, but when will the next pm updated arrive?

Double Vision

Smash Rookie
NNID
Phil9943
If you do not have the homebrew channel currently installed, you can install the homebrew channel via any method such as letter bomb or whatever you find by searching for "wii hacking guide menu version #.#" # being your menu version. After you have installed homebrew, just use the Homebrew version and you can use any SD card size.
OK, well I installed homebrew and when I pull up homebrew the project M Launcher is there. When I load that, the Project M launch screen loads (The Play, Update, About, and something else I don't remember). I hit play WHILE HAVING BRAWL IN THE WII. It is a black screen for a while, but then the Wii menu pops up. This is so frustrating and I can't seem to fix it.

tehbrony5

Smash Rookie
Everything works fine when I load up the game, but when the new music tries to load, it sounds like it's trying to play all of the songs. It sucks because I really wanted to hear the new songs on the newer stages. What's wrong?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Either defrag your SD card, or copy all the music off, delete them, and then copy them back over.

D

Deleted member

If I am allowed to make a suggestion: Make this Ness + Lucas victory theme for project m?

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
You could always just replace it yourself you know.

D

Deleted member

Yes I know. But if its official everyone will hear the glorious melody upon earthbound victory.

Dave-O

Smash Rookie
Hi, does anyone know if a future PAL version of Project M id being released or if any of the current versions are compatible with PAL discs please? Thanks.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Unfortunately, we do not have a PAL release at this time. We will try and make a PAL version in the future. For now, PAL users need to use an NTSC-U disc or ISO to use the NTSC-U build of Project M that are on the PM website.

BleuShado

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0318-8298-0666
When I load it from stage builder it gets the screen where all the text is on it, which is normal, but the loader screen is just a glitched out ver. of the old one. Then when i load it the strap menu silent freezes. Plz Help!

Kati

Smash Lord
Ganon already is "useful." Unless the sword didn't overshadow his regular moveset then it's too much to ask for.

Sai_

Smash Apprentice
Ganon already is "useful." Unless the sword didn't overshadow his regular moveset then it's too much to ask for.
Well, it just adds more depth to him. It's like Samus and her ability to change beams.

Kati

Smash Lord
Like I said, as long as it doesn't overshadow his normal moveset. Few people believe that the ice beam is useful let alone worth using over the plasma.

I enjoy the ice beam in certain mu's, and I think the sword would be cool.... in a select few match ups. Any more and it would betray the Ganon mains who have put so much time into competitive play.

There are plenty of sword fighters. There's Ike. Ganon is unique despite the nublets focusing on superficial features and clinging to the outdated and unfounded "clone" mentality.

White Light

Smash Journeyman
Like I said, as long as it doesn't overshadow his normal moveset. Few people believe that the ice beam is useful let alone worth using over the plasma.

I enjoy the ice beam in certain mu's, and I think the sword would be cool.... in a select few match ups. Any more and it would betray the Ganon mains who have put so much time into competitive play.

There are plenty of sword fighters. There's Ike. Ganon is unique despite the nublets focusing on superficial features and clinging to the outdated and unfounded "clone" mentality.
Ganon just needs a better grab range and/or ANYTHING to replace Warlock punch. Speed it up, give him a projectile, super armor, offense up, anything would be better than WP we have now. Please pmbr, make it happen.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
All we need now is the Melee sound effects for all the characters that dont have them, and a few other things.

Last edited:

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
I went to my launcher updater today and saw that there was a 1.04 launcher now...

So is there a changelog somewhere for the launcher?

fill

20EggsEggs
i'm looking for help with a freezing issue when going to css, i went to IRC and currently no one is available to help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom