• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.02 Released! (Changelog in post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAVENx08

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0791-1489-8514
i have a problem with PM 3.02. i load up the wii with BootMii and for weeks the game ran fine but just recently when i start a game it will suddenly freeze making a loud buzzing sound. i deleted the old PM file from the SD card and put it back in.

IronChar

Smash Journeyman
when you match reset? do the KOs count on the group records screen? or is it like no contesting?

Infil

Smash Journeyman
I had some curious things happen with Project M 3.02 recently, I'm not sure if it's expected or not.

1) I was playing teams with my friend who has virtually 0 Smash experience, so we played me and him vs two level 2 CPUs with items on, just to have fun. But, when he ran out of stocks, he was unable to steal any stocks from his teammate (me). This happened over numerous games, including a game where I suicided 4 times immediately and tried to take his stock (so it wasn't just the controller's start button not working). Is there an option somewhere I have to turn on or something for stock sharing? I didn't think there was, and couldn't find it.

2) I recently added some custom music; I replaced "The Roost" on Smashville with a custom track, and turned all my available songs to 0 frequency except for The Roost, which I turned to max. I verified with a couple matches that I only got The Roost, was satisfied, and turned it off. Later, I was playing 3 player matches with other friends, and we were frequently getting songs that weren't The Roost (including songs that weren't even in my My Music list; presumably these are future unlocks for Smashville's music list, since I don't have all CDs unlocked). I went back into options to verify, and yes, only Roost had any frequency turned on just as I had set it before. However, later we played 2p matches and we started getting only the Roost from this point onward (including in 3p matches again later that night). There is some weird glitch here where 3p matches don't look at the frequency of the song list (at least, until you've played at least one 2p match). Anybody have an explanation for what caused this?

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Ah, thanks. Didn't realize they changed how to take a stock.

The songs I was getting were basically every song that could play on Smashville, including songs that weren't in my My Music list (but a look on the internet verifies that those songs do exist on Smashville if I had unlocked their CDs). I only have about 5 songs unlocked on Smashville, and it's weird because I don't recall ever having heard any song outside those 5, back before I added the custom music and had all the songs set to non-zero frequency, except during this weird glitch thing... it's like the game was looking at a totally different frequency list, and this list included non-zero frequencies for songs I hadn't even unlocked. And I even left versus mode, went to My Music to check the frequencies, adjusted them a bit (then adjusted back) so it would save, and went back to 3p versus and it didn't fix the problem. Then, one of the 3 players backed out for a bit and we played 2p and immediately got The Roost. We said something like "oh okay, sweet, finally got it!", assuming it just ended up as the random pick finally. But then we only ever got the roost for the rest of the night.

I'll go see if I can duplicate it.

Well, couldn't end up duplicating it. Started some 3P matches and only got Roost. Maybe it was just a one-time thing, or I forgot exactly what we were doing when the glitch occurred. Guess it's not a big deal either way.

Last edited:

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I updated my sd card through my wii to have project m 3.2, and there is a small problem. I chose metaknight and went to training mode, and I noticed he had his brawl moveset as well as having his pm falling speed, air dodge, and wavedash. I also noticed that is uair was a little laggier than his brawl uair and I'm very confused about what happened.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I updated my sd card through my wii to have project m 3.2, and there is a small problem. I chose metaknight and went to training mode, and I noticed he had his brawl moveset as well as having his pm falling speed, air dodge, and wavedash. I also noticed that is uair was a little laggier than his brawl uair and I'm very confused about what happened.
All of his specials are the same, the only attacks they changed completely were his back aerial and down aerial. If THOSE two attacks didn't get changed then yeah, there's something wrong.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
All of his specials are the same, the only attacks they changed completely were his back aerial and down aerial. If THOSE two attacks didn't get changed then yeah, there's something wrong.
I main metaknight in brawl so I know his moveset extremely well.
His aerials were all his brawl aerials except they had slightly more lag.
His specials were his brawl specials, but his shuttle loop felt different because of his increased falling speed in pm.
How can I fix this?

xXDarkRisingXx

Smash Apprentice
[quto="BlueXenon, post: 16297229, member: 192018"]I updated my sd card through my wii to have project m 3.2, and there is a small problem. I chose metaknight and went to training mode, and I noticed he had his brawl moveset as well as having his pm falling speed, air dodge, and wavedash. I also noticed that is uair was a little laggier than his brawl uair and I'm very confused about what happened.[/quote]
Go to smash wiki project m and read about ml. He got needed really badly

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Oh, one other problem I keep having, I'm loading PM through the hackless method, but sometimes when I pick stage builder too quickly after hitting start on the main menu, it doesn't do anything... it just gets stuck spinning on stage builder and then I have to hard reset the Wii. It tends to not happen if I screw around with some other menus first, seemingly to give it time to think/read the SD card. Is this a common thing? Is my SD card slow/fragmented or something?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Updates for 3.0 are only going to be fixing glitches and 3.02 has fixed most if not all of the current glitches. It is highly unlikely that there will be another update between now and the next official release.

SlippedRightIn

Smash Rookie
Can someone explain why I can't run the hackless full set? I thought all you had to do was unzip, drag, and drop... were we supposed to keep the files from 3.0? >_>

RAVENx08

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0791-1489-8514
when updating my 3.0 file to a 3.01 the update stops at 23688 / 39295 KB i have the 1.04 launcher

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
Any chance you replace Toon Link's ^B to its original jump height?
He was my main in vBrawl, and as much as I like his new moves, his recover is pretty useless. Once you're sent flying there's no coming back to the stage 90% of the time.

Maybe you could do the same with Yoshi's ^B and give him back his extra 'height boost' when throwing an egg.

Also, there's something that keeps bothering me. I play with Wiimote+Nunchuk and I have the Down and Up buttons on the D-PAD configured for smash attacks.
In vBrawl, if I kept the control stick tilted up or down and then I pressed a fast smash attack button, the character would do his normal tilt attack. But in PM it still does its smash attack.
This petition may sound weird but it was something really useful in the heat of the battle. Hope you could check that and maybe change it.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
He was my main in vBrawl, and as much as I like his new moves, his recover is pretty useless. Once you're sent flying there's no coming back to the stage 90% of the time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S24m-1_WCnE

You can also pull a bomb and throw it down or forward while air-dodging upward and quickly pull another bomb and either do that again or do the recovery trick like in the video.

Last edited:

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITdM66k3AE0

Also, there's something that keeps bothering me. I play with Wiimote+Nunchuk and I have the Down and Up buttons on the D-PAD configured for smash attacks.
In vBrawl, if I kept the control stick tilted up or down and then I pressed a fast smash attack button, the character would do his normal tilt attack. But in PM it still does its smash attack.
This petition may sound weird but it was something really useful in the heat of the battle. Hope you could check that and maybe change it.
This was intentionally changed to the way it is now, and is not likely to be reverted.

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
I am having some issues here for some reason every time i go to update (im using hackless wifi btw) at the bottom it just says download failed retrying... and i have deleted the files and put them back on my SD card and it still says the same thing. Ok nvm problem solved.

Last edited:

Dr.Geno

Smash Rookie
I don't know if this has been reported yet, but the Salty Runback doesn't work in any special brawl configuration. Turbo and Stamina for example, don't have Salty Runback functionality. Will it be available in future updates? Great update guys, loving the preloader and lack of lag.

I wonder if it is meant for Roy's Ftilt attack to have active hitboxes the couple of frames before his animation actually thrusts forward.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
I really like the idea of the Rematch and Salty Runback, but the game would look a LOT more professional if it said somewhere (in-game) how to do them. For instance, when the "Now Loading..." appears after picking a stage, or on the pause screen midmatch for the rematch feature. If you guys could find an appropriate place to mention the new life-steal button combination, it would be a huge boon to new and veteran players. That kind of attention to detail is what really makes a game shine and stand out in my eyes.

StriderAaron360

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlueStrider
I just had to format my SD card and I reinstalled P:M. I tried to go and update it in-game and a message appears at the bottom of the screen saying "storing update failed". It then tries to reupdate, but always goes back to that message and tries again. I ignored it and selected "Play", only for the whole thing to go back to the Wii dashboard. Someone help me, please!

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
I just had to format my SD card and I reinstalled P:M. I tried to go and update it in-game and a message appears at the bottom of the screen saying "storing update failed". It then tries to reupdate, but always goes back to that message and tries again. I ignored it and selected "Play", only for the whole thing to go back to the Wii dashboard. Someone help me, please!
Is your SD card locked? Sometimes when you push it into the Wii it can move the Lock slide.

Last edited:

StriderAaron360

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlueStrider
Is your SD card locked? Sometimes when you push it into the Wii it can move the Lock slide.
I don't think so. But now I found something even stranger. I started it back up and went straight to "Play", and it took me to the main menu for the Brawl version of the game. The character select screen was the same as P:M's, as well as the stage select and all the stages. I chose Mewtwo and went to Smashville, but the Wii froze after I selected Smashville.

D

Deleted member

I don't think so. But now I found something even stranger. I started it back up and went straight to "Play", and it took me to the main menu for the Brawl version of the game. The character select screen was the same as P:M's, as well as the stage select and all the stages. I chose Mewtwo and went to Smashville, but the Wii froze after I selected Smashville.
Sounds like the SD Card itself is corrupted, or you formatted it wrong. Did you format it to FAT32 and after placing P:M's files on it did you defragment your card? Is your card less than or equal to 2 gb?

StriderAaron360

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlueStrider
Sounds like the SD Card itself is corrupted, or you formatted it wrong. Did you format it to FAT32 and after placing P:M's files on it did you defragment your card? Is your card less than or equal to 2 gb?
My card is 2 GB. I reformatted to FAT32 and put the files back on the card. I went to defragment the card, but it said it doesn't need to be defragged after I analyzed it. Should I do it anyway?

StriderAaron360

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlueStrider
Nevermind everything's fine now! I double checked the card itself and I found that it was locked on the side. (man, do I feel stupid!)

Thanks for the help, everyone!

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
Some time in the future you guys should make an actual Wii channel used to launch Project M, if that's even possible. For some reason my Letterbomb is always way back on 2/11/2014.

Windstar120025

Smash Apprentice
Well it seems that Sonic has indeed gotten faster at least smash wise why is this so? Please don't change it has needed it!

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
So what would I do if the P:M launcher says "The update verification failed. This can happen if your installation is modified. Do you want to force the installation?"

I assume this means customs skins but this could be wrong. Any way I should go about doing this?

Kati

Smash Lord
User Kadesha proposed that the pm launcher needs the wii to be updated to the latest system version. I verified this by testing multiple sd cards on two wiis. One was already at 4.3, and never had troubles, while the other was 4.2 and could only load pm with Gecko. After updating the latter to 4.3, the pm launcher now works.

Perhaps this information could be added to the main website and/or the troubleshooting page?

D

Deleted member

User Kadesha proposed that the pm launcher needs the wii to be updated to the latest system version. I verified this by testing multiple sd cards on two wiis. One was already at 4.3, and never had troubles, while the other was 4.2 and could only load pm with Gecko. After updating the latter to 4.3, the pm launcher now works.

Perhaps this information could be added to the main website and/or the troubleshooting page?
I'm running Project: M fine so far on my Wii and I still get reminded there are updates available. I don't think Wii OS version differences should make to much of a problem, but then again I'm running the homebrew version and not hackless so there may be something there.

Kati

Smash Lord
Which version? I am positive that the pm launcher could not work on my friend's console when it was at 4.2.

iLLuMinati_EYE

Smash Apprentice
serious question here mainly to the pmbr, if super smash bros 4 flops (heres praying that it doesn't) will the project m team be able to do something similar like what they did with brawl to smash4 and i understand the game is not out yet but this is just shear speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom