• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.0 Trailer Released!

Vigilante

Smash Lord
And I would like to thank VGBootCamp for being great partners.

As for the target demographic, let's just say that the PMBR thinks people should be allowed to play Smash in whichever way they want. There,s no reason to make one group unhappy for the sake of another. Smash is one of the few franchises where making most people happy is actually possible.

Silpheed

Smash Journeyman
I'm still kind of confused as to why Samus was so much more hyped up than all of the others.
From what I read, Samus was a greater challenge to implement. Seeing the new abilities she possesses along with being properly brought over to the new engine, I can see that being the case.

Also, Samus is very popular.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
From what I read, Samus was a greater challenge to implement. Seeing the new abilities she possesses along with being properly brought over to the new engine, I can see that being the case.

Also, Samus is very popular.
Also, arm cannons!

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I'm still kind of confused as to why Samus was so much more hyped up than all of the others.
Well, when we look at our request letters, Samus was greatly in demand. I think people were excited to see what we would do for her. furthermore, the rumours that Samus was difficult to work on were true. She has a very tiny filesize limit, and the physics were off initially. People did not expect her to make it in this release.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Roy and Mewtwo were my mains in melee so this should be great!

Samus and Kirby also look good two beams and sideway final cutter!

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
I think we can all safely say none of us expect ALL the characters to come out at once in 3.0- hell im sure we all expected only Roy untill Mewtwos announcement!

Im saddened a bit knowing that Project M may stop evolving greatly on the 9th.. but excited by the fact that this may mean something we could NEVER see coming will arrive afterwards :)

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I think we can all safely say none of us expect ALL the characters to come out at once in 3.0- hell im sure we all expected only Roy untill Mewtwos announcement!
Sorry, but I expected all the characters to be in 3.0 from the start.

Mainly because it was always said in the old Social Thread by some of the PMBR that 3.0 would be the version closest to completion with all of the characters playable.

So yeah, I wasn't surprised or anything. Just absolutely pleased.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
By the way will that vgbootcamp video be posted somewhere in its entirety or will it disappear like other streams? I didn't get a chance to watch it and I don't want to miss out.

Bleck

Smash Master
So, are we to assume that from 3.0 onwards, the mod is no longer considered a demo?

Lethalx

Smash Cadet
3.0= start of the meta game officially imo since we have everyone plus 2 more char brought back

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
VGBootcamp just joined up with somebody else to plan and release a new wave of competitive tutorial videos. Expect those in the near future. I know I'm excited!
University of Smash and Cross Counter. Not sure if it'll be for PM at this point, we're still working out logistics. I know we had StrongBad in that project in its infancy, but he wanted to put more power behind PM.

Sebovich

Smash Apprentice
Can´t wait til the character descriptions get up too, Im checkin daily for updates! :)

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
Some Noteworthy Information from JCeasar's 3.0 Stream:

- Two changes to ROB: Down air smaller hit-box, can't hover forever with it; back air directional push reverted
- Olimar is now 'complete' in the 3.0 pre-release
- Olimar can have a max of four pikmin, as opposed to Brawl's six
- Olimar has new alt. colors
- All taunts can footstool now
- Ice Climbers side special gives crazy recovery, together and alone
- Nana's AI does stuff now when separated
- Ice Climbers (tested in a 4 ICs free-for-all) side special causes some lag
- New training room stage shown in trailer is selectable from page 2 and includes sandbag, and may replace wi-fi room
- Sonic aerial and spin game improved
- SSE: Jungle was replaced by a Pikmin inspired stage with the same layout (as we've known), but the top leaf platforms have applied weight, so they move
- Snake's side special is a re-loadable tranquilizer gun
- Nerfs and buffs here and there
- The hype is real

- Jolteon is streaming P:M 3.0 on Friday, the 22nd (www.twitch.tv/jolte0n)

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
- Lucario begins each stock with 1 aura charge.
- Wario's Down-B charges in 1 minute, and is (I believe) less powerful.

Did they ever actually show the training stage?

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
- Lucario begins each stock with 1 aura charge.
- Wario's Down-B charges in 1 minute, and is (I believe) less powerful.

Did they ever actually show the training stage?
Briefly, yes. The stage is quite large, length and height ceiling wise. It only opens up on the right, meaning most K.O.s will result from aerial combat or high percentage up smashes/throws. A very neat design.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Briefly, yes. The stage is quite large, length and height ceiling wise. It only opens up on the right, meaning most K.O.s will result from aerial combat or high percentage up smashes/throws. A very neat design.

That's a really cool layout for a stage. I can see myself playing there a lot.

This is kind of a weird question - were you able to get a sense of what the music was like? Although, JCaes mods his music so much that who knows.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Soooo, is 3.0 getting a torrent link for download so that the site doesn't die from genuine DDoS on dec 9 ?

Also hype. Has anyone seen any changes for Ganon on the streams ?

lukifer

Smash Apprentice
Also hype. Has anyone seen any changes for Ganon on the streams ?
Not sure about the most recent 3.0 build but in previous livestreams fair and dair were reverted to their Brawl animations. The fair one I could probably get used to but the dair just looks terrible imo. The only advantage it seems to have is that the hitboxes come out sooner.

Another change is that grounded Flame Choke now sends opponents at a roughly 45 degree angle in front of Ganondorf with short hitstun. I'd be ok with this change if they allow us to choose between the two trajectories. For example, A could be held down to use the new trajectory, and the old meteor could be used instead when nothing is held down.

Keep in mind that none of these changes are final though. We won't know what makes the cut until Dec. 9th.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Not sure about the most recent 3.0 build but in previous livestreams fair and dair were reverted to their Brawl animations.
This isn't true. The animations were made from scratch specifically for Project M. The Fair animation that was in previous demos was a very early attempt at meleefying it circa 2010, before our animation tools got to the point where they are today, and Dair was simply copy pasted from Falcon. Now they've been re-made in the context of Ganon's character.

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
Not sure about the most recent 3.0 build but in previous livestreams fair and dair were reverted to their Brawl animations. The fair one I could probably get used to but the dair just looks terrible imo. The only advantage it seems to have is that the hitboxes come out sooner.

Another change is that grounded Flame Choke now sends opponents at a roughly 45 degree angle in front of Ganondorf with short hitstun. I'd be ok with this change if they allow us to choose between the two trajectories. For example, A could be held down to use the new trajectory, and the old meteor could be used instead when nothing is held down.

Keep in mind that none of these changes are final though. We won't know what makes the cut until Dec. 9th.
I recall Ganon being used on stream, and he had his current Side-B.

Personally, I would not like to see a variable trajectory, because it's muddy design. Things like Sonic's blast attack and Samus' taunt switch are already core elements of a character that are hidden behind inputs that don't make much sense, and we certainly don't need any more of that.

lukifer

Smash Apprentice
This isn't true. The animations were made from scratch specifically for Project M. The Fair animation that was in previous demos was a very early attempt at meleefying it circa 2010, before our animation tools got to the point where they are today, and Dair was simply copy pasted from Falcon. Now they've been re-made in the context of Ganon's character.
Wait, so the animations are changing from 2.6 or are they staying the same? The animations I saw were in a livestream showing off Roy/Mewtwo, and they looked closer to the Brawl incarnation of Ganondorf rather than the Melee one.

lukifer

Smash Apprentice
I recall Ganon being used on stream, and he had his current Side-B.

Personally, I would not like to see a variable trajectory, because it's muddy design. Things like Sonic's blast attack and Samus' taunt switch are already core elements of a character that are hidden behind inputs that don't make much sense, and we certainly don't need any more of that.
I'm fine with FC in its current form, I just meant that if they were insistent and giving it a new trajectory that a choice was made available for which one to use. Admittedly though, there is a fine line to doing this. The simple control scheme of Smash is what differentiates it from the rest of the fighting genre in my opinion. I doubt that the Smash community would be even half as large as it is today if it had a more complex control scheme like traditional fighters. I think this is why some people are upset over the Samus changes, because the PMBR is pushing the limits of the simple control scheme we've come to love.

Top Bottom