• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project: Framedisplay for [U] version

Madao

This is all I got from my empirical testing during the past:

Then Toomai's reply:

That's all I know. By re-reading it, it seems I could have found those constants since Toomai gave me the s and b...

Could you send your scripts? I might start recording moves if I can use them.
When you say
"FP hitstun on DK (0,84)
0->24-----50
1->25-----51
2->26-----52
10->34----60
20->44----70 "
What does FP stand for and what does 0->24-----50 mean? What I'll try to do is do the same moves vs the same characters as posted in your post, and then search for the value in memory. I already got most of the knockback formula down. Only thing I'm missing is X-Deceleration. There's some X variable(s) that I'm missing.

The file renamer was just some random tool that came with net tools. You can't use mupen's screenshot thing because when you do a screenshot while pausing the emulator, you just get a black picture, so I use fraps for screenshots. For the script for recording, you will need to install autohotkey. After you install it and understand how to use it, I'll post the code for it. Don't forget to use the best video settings you can, for the video plugin.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Sorry, it was really unclear. If I hit a falcon punch on donkey kong when he has 0% (24% after the falcon punch) there is a hitstun of 50. And 0,84 is the french way to say 0.84, which is Donkey Kong's weight.

By the way, if I look at the relation between Donkey Kong's down b's knockback (as given by Toomai) and hitstun, I get something between ~1.8 and ~1.9 depending on the character. Maybe that's simply our constant? Weird that it's not constant enough though.

I can take screenshots with Mupen perfectly fine, even if the emulator is paused. Maybe I'll just use that and manually input the two keys quickly, it's not that difficult.

Madao

Sorry, it was really unclear. If I hit a falcon punch on donkey kong when he has 0% (24% after the falcon punch) there is a hitstun of 50.

By the way, if I look at the relation between Donkey Kong's down b's knockback (as given by Toomai) and hitstun, I get something between ~1.8 and ~1.9 depending on the character. Maybe that's simply our constant? Weird that it's not constant enough though.

I can take screenshots with Mupen perfectly fine, even if the emulator is paused. Maybe I'll just use that and manually input the two keys quickly, it's not that difficult.
Oh ok. Now I can test it! Hopefully i can find the formula now.

It turns out that the reason I got the black images was because I put Direct 3D Clear mode on always, instead of default. So if you decide to use mupen to screenshot, keep it on default, and if you decide to use fraps, put it on always (so that you don't record the fps that appears on the screen). I'd still recommend you get auto hotkey, to make tasks like this easier and faster. You should also download a mass file renaming tool because you have to name the pics as numbers. The naming is #'s for regular frames and b# for hitbox frames.

How big is the filesize though for mupen screenshots? I'm getting ~63kb after removing all the background.

Sangoku

Smash Master
I don't know, learning how to use autohotkey seems complicated...

The images generated by mupen are 70kb for me. That's a bit much I guess, but I don't know.

Madao

I don't know, learning how to use autohotkey seems complicated...

The images generated by mupen are 70kb for me. That's a bit much I guess, but I don't know.
I personally think 70kb is too much, unless the quality is just that good, but your choice though.

It's not complicated at all for what you are trying to do.
So basically you just want a script that screenshots x amount of times right? Then you can just use another program for the renaming.

Code:
SetKeyDelay, -1, -1
SetMouseDelay, -1
SetDefaultMouseSpeed, 0
#NoEnv ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
SendMode Input ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir% ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

x = 12

k::
{
Loop, %x%
{
Send,{F12}
sleep,85
Send,\
sleep,85
}
}
return

m::reload
What this code does is when you press k, it screenshots and goes to next frames for X amount of times. I left it at 12, cuz the last thing I did was 12 frames long. So what you do is you set x to the number of frames for the move you are about to do, then save it and reload the script. You can either manually reload the script by right clicking the AHK icon, or you can use a hotkey like I did. I made it so that when you press m, it reloads. AHK is something non programmers can pick up on, pretty easily. In fact, it was the first thing I learned that is even remotely related to programming. I used to use macros in pc games as a kid xD. The sleep 85 just means it waits 85 milliseconds until it does the next action. You can change that number to anything you want. Lower = faster, but higher chance of messing up. For me, 50's was stable, but I made sure that any cpu intensive programs weren't running, so that I would get less errors and do things faster. So first thing you should do is make a list of all the attacks you plan on doing and count the frames for those. After that, it will take about 60-90 mins depending on how fast you are, to finish 1 character. I've gotten used to it and could do it in ~70 mins after already counting the frames, if only I could get middle tilts to work. I might just skip those next time tbh lol.

Edit: I found what I believe to be Hitstun. It's Knockback / 1.875. The reason it seemed inconsistant is because it rounds down. Also quick correction, DK's weight is 0.83 in NTSC. If you want to see the knockback of the last hit you did on someone, the offset is 07B4 to player stats. You can just add 788 to the address of your hp. It's interesting how the game keeps track of how many hits you did since your last death. When you die, it goes back to 0. I wonder what it's for.

I added Get Up, Get Up Attack, Get Up Roll, and Ducking.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/au9nn3g71yka0oz/Fox Animations.zip?m

I will update the Mupen table with some new stuff later today.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
Almost all the values are "??" so I can't change them. What's wrong?

This stuff is very intimidating, no way I could take pictures of the moves :(

Sangoku

Smash Master
mixa are you familiar with the basic use of Cheat Engine? After opening the table and mupen you need to click on the little computer button on the top left (just bellow "File") and choose the process you want Cheat Engine to work on, in this case Mupen.

Try following a tutorial to understand the fundamentals, although you don't need that since Madao did the job already.

Madao

Almost all the values are "??" so I can't change them. What's wrong?

This stuff is very intimidating, no way I could take pictures of the moves :(
Are you in training mode dream land? I didn't find stage data for 1 player mode or vs mode yet.

Also I may even redo Fox this week, since I found a new method of screencapping. It's slower but much better quality. it's about 25% larger in filesize too, but I think it's worth it imo. I'll have to perfect the method before I decide whether to redo it or not.

Madao

Can you tell me that method as well? I figure 70kb per image is a bit much, I don't want to record that.
Lol it's a slower recording process though ;/ . So I will have to see if I can speed it up using AHK. Basically I can use print screen and paste into gimp, then I quickly name the file and it auto crops for me. So I can screen cap 800 by 600, auto crop to 640 by 480 and remove the black part and it makes the character a bit bigger too. I just need to figure out how to export layers. If I can get that working, I'll see if it's worth the extra effort.

You guys think that the quality difference is worth the extra effort?
http://puu.sh/47FIk.jpg

Also I did a comparison between fraps screenshots and mupens built in one. I couldn't tell any difference in quality.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
mixa are you familiar with the basic use of Cheat Engine? After opening the table and mupen you need to click on the little computer button on the top left (just bellow "File") and choose the process you want Cheat Engine to work on, in this case Mupen.
I am not. I did find the little computer button (not on my own) but had not gone past that.

I thought it would work on VS mode because you said something about not ever playing a computer that doesn't Z-cancel.
I'm gonna do some reading then.

Madao

I am not. I did find the little computer button (not on my own) but had not gone past that.

I thought it would work on VS mode because you said something about not ever playing a computer that doesn't Z-cancel.
I'm gonna do some reading then.
Oh I meant for the background removal stuff. Z canceling and stuff is for every mode. You'll know what addresses work by whether you see legit numbers or not. Ya, the only thing I see in my table that isn't unversal is The Player 1 Moveset Offset and background appearance stuff.

Lol after spending a few hours learning stuff about gimp, scripts, and image quality, I managed to screenshot with printscreen. Basically the pros to using alt-printscreen and croping is better quality images, it's more automated (if you use a gimp script for exporting layers), and you have more control over what to do with the images. Cons is the file size increase (higher quality = bigger size), croping images take a little work (this is easily solved by making hotkey scripts), and the images take longer to load when using the frame display program (this one bothers me). I'm almost certain that I'll be using my old method if I decide to do more characters. You guys have any characters that you think I should do first?

I decided to play around with gimp some more, to learn some stuff. Turns out one of the major reasons why the printscreen images took longer to load in the frame display program is because I used the best subsampling (4:4:4), instead of (4:2:0). It still loads slower when I use (4:2:0), so having better image color and quality still make it take longer to load. Subsampling makes a significant difference in the image quality though. I'd definitely recommend the printscreen method for gifs though. Not only is the image quality really good, but with a script, it's fast and convenient.

Lol looking back, I realised that my image quality is good enough.. I just get greedy sometimes. Before I start cutting down on the time I spend playing video games and stuff, is there anything I should look into / do?

Madao

I'm going to make a few changes to Fox and reupload it. I picked up a few tricks, so now I feel like doing at least 1 or 2 more characters. The next character I'm going to do is Captain Falcon. I have one probelm i need to fix before I start. The graphics are messed up for some reason. Is it my computer or what? I've tried multiple different video plugins and emulators. His left leg looks glitchy.

Also I found a way to edit the listbox text for the framedisplay programs so it displays the characters names in english, but unfortunately I have to edit it once each time I load the framedisplay program. I made a script for it though, so I'm set.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
Is it feasible to get the hitbox of Falcon running? I don't know how many different running frames there are.

Madao

Is it feasible to get the hitbox of Falcon running? I don't know how many different running frames there are.
You mean just him running, or the running attack?

I could just make gif's of the hitbox stuff, but I like using frame display program so that I can compare the hitbox mode with regular.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
Yes, just running. Having the first frame with him standing normally would be cool too.

Ok, I've just looked at the US Fox you made. The quality is better and the size smaller? Good stuff.

Could you do a Jump > shine cancel with Fox?

I believe the input is:

1. jump
2. -
3. (jump animation 1)
4. (jump animation 2) -- input shine here
5. (jump animation 3)
6. shine cancel

it probably lasts 10 frames.

Madao

Yes, just running. Having the first frame with him standing normally would be cool too.

Ok, I've just looked at the US Fox you made. The quality is better and the size smaller? Good stuff.

Could you do a Jump > shine cancel with Fox?

I believe the input is:

1. jump
2. -
3. (jump animation 1)
4. (jump animation 2) -- input shine here
5. (jump animation 3)
6. shine cancel

it probably lasts 10 frames.
I'll do the shine cancel and also add air laser shot. It's a shame I did all this image quality testing just to find out that it takes longer so load higher quality images, so I'm going to do the old method for screenshots. Can you confirm whether my problem with Captain Falcon's leg is just me or is it the emulator? Worse case scenario, I can record him facing the other direction (which is less glitchy, but not perfect). I just would like to fix it if possible.

I did a gif for Falcons running since I don't feel like recording regular falcons run.
http://puu.sh/4tVyP.gif
Let me know if it's choppy or anything, because I probably should have slowed down the recording.

Madao

I can't confirm the leg glitch, I haven't got the hitbox thing working yet.
The leg issue only effects Falcon when not in Hitbox mode. It's just annoying for me to see. I'm guessing it's my computer since Falcon's leg looks normal in the japanese pictures from the frame display program.

You're saying you never got Hitbox mode to work?

B Link

Smash Lord
Hitbox mode:

Download Madao's cheat table -> run cheat engine -> select emulator from cheat engine -> go to training mode -> go to p1/p3 hitbox mode value -- freeze it and subtract 7 -> reset training mode -> play with hitboxes

I kinda get how the glitch works as well. But I have no clue how you'd get it to work for more than 1 player, given what's going on during the glitch.

Madao

Madao what exactly are you using to see hitboxes?
What I did was I tested out the gameshark code that triggers it. Then did some debugging to figure out the cause of the hitbox glitch. I don't know the proper way to activate it, all I know how to do is reproduce the glitch so that I can do it on any stage and any emulator (since I use cheat engine). I already uploaded a cheat engine table for Mupen a few weeks ago. I've added more stuff so I need to upload my latest table.

Basically to do the glitch, you have to change the pointer address that points to the next player. So say you want player 1 to have the hitbox, you change the pointer address that points to player 2. If you want player 2 to have the hitbox show, change the pointer address that points to player 3. Changing the pointer address is tricky, but I usually just subtract 8 from the 4th byte of the pointer address. If -8 doesn't work, then you'll have to mess around with it. I think if the number isn't a multiple of 8, it glitches out.

For example, on Dream land, the pointer address for player 2 = 8027F478, so I freeze the value of 8027F470. Keep in mind, you have to freeze the value before loading the match, or it won't work.

I've managed to get 2 characters showing hitbox, but the 2nd character is very glitchy lol.

What emulator do you want to do the hitbox glitch on? Because if it's an emulator like PJ64 where the addresses aren't static, you're better off making gameshark codes instead of using cheat engine. For Nemu or Mupen, Cheat Engine works very well.

Madao

Thanks guys. B Link, do you think you could share your understanding of the glitch with me?
I updated and uploaded my new tables. You can choose either Nemu or Mupen.
First I'll explain the rules to the glitch. One is that it must be done on the 2nd last player, which means you can't do it for Player 1 in a 3 player match (without glitches occuring). So once you decide which player, you freeze a glitched value instead of the normal one, before loading a match. If you don't know what number to set the value to, you have to first load the level and see the value, then change it and test it by restarting the match. I labeled the variables "Hitbox Glitch (Player #) . Lets say you want to do hitbox glitch in Training mode dream land. The default value (in hex) will be 78, and if you set the value to 70 and freeze, then restart the match, you will see the hitbox for player 1.

Lol if anyone wants to translate the listbox for the character names, I wrote a cheat engine script that translates it for you. All you do is just run it after loading SSB Frame Display Pro. If this script doesn't work, let me know.

I added a lot of stuff, so the table is very long. For anyone who doesn't need certain things in the table, I recommend that you delete it. I left everything I had in there, incase other people want to explore data / debug the game. If you guys have any questions about my table, let me know.

Madao

I meant why exactly decreasing a specific a memory value by 8 leads to hitbox display...
Oh that, I don't know fully, unfortunately. It's too hard to track. All I know is that messing up the next player's addresses cause hitbox to show for the 2nd last character. There's just too much code to look through. I tried both tracing a bunch of code and doing data comparison between hitbox on and hitbox off. I either got lost or crashed the game, so I took a break from searching. I'll continue looking at more code so I can figure out hitbox glitch and edge grabbing.

Basically, changing a pointer value shifts the addresses for all the variables using that pointer. So for some reason, shifting all of the last player's addresses cause hitbox mode to appear.

I suggest you try messing around with the numbers to see if you find anything interesting. I know that when i freeze it to 28 on dream land training mode for player 1, you switch between hitbox mode and regular mode everytime you hit an enemy, so it's definitely something you can turn on and off.

Madao

I updated my Nemu and Mupen tables so now you don't have to rely on the glitch to show hitboxes. For the hitbox code 1 = normal hitboxes, 2 = red, 3 = that weird purple thing, and any number >= 4 displays regular hitboxes. These are the actual variables that determine whether to show hitboxes for each player. If you want to display all hitboxes (since in 1 Player mode Yoshi team and the other teams go beyond player 4), just freeze the value of 0 in that display all hitboxes variable. I added other random stuff (I forgot what I added xD), so if anyone has any additional questions, let me know. I hope this will encourage people to start recording hitbox frames :).

I meant why exactly decreasing a specific a memory value by 8 leads to hitbox display...
So my guess was correct that the address shifting caused the hitboxes to display. It turns out that the hitbox display variable uses a different pointer than the player stats pointer, which is what confused me for the longest time. This basically means that if you mess up the next player's pointer address, it shifts all the data to the left (since you subtract from the original address), while the address for the player's hitbox variable stays in the same location. Basically the hitbox glitch was caused by data overlap. That was one crazy coincidence that Malva left the wrong code on and made that discovery lol. I had the right idea from the start, which was to copy the player data from the hitbox savestate into a non hitbox savestate, and it didn't work because the hitbox display variable is right next to the start of the next player's data. Then one day i figured that I should mess with player 2's data instead of player 1 and I finally find it. I didn't realise how useful it is to just fill in random data (or copy & paste data) into memory. Anytime I crash the game, I just load the savestate and continue.

I still think that if everyone took one char and did their full moveset it wouldn't take that long (I know I said I'd do Yoshi and still haven't done it though >_>).
Are you going to do Yoshi?

Sangoku

Smash Master
To be honest, I still encountered some difficulty and that was enough to demotivate me...

1) My camera settings aren't perfect (player not completely centered), but maybe that's not so important.

2) I don't know how to have the character in the exact same position with both hitbox and normal mode, since I can't switch between the two directly from savestates (I need to reset from the training mode menu).

3) You said I needed to know the exact number of frames of a move beforehand, but how do you determine that? By counting manually? If so, then it's really tedious/long.

4) I couldn't find a software that rename multiple files easily (the few I've tried are way too complicated for my simple mind).

5) Didn't you say that 70 kb per image is too much? If so, then the screenshot method will be pretty bad and I don't know other methods.

6) The general lack of interest from others don't help either. I'm not trying to put the blame on others, but it seems a lot of work to do and if it is considered useless/uninteresting, that's a bit of a waste.

But yeah, if you can provide answers for the technical difficulty, then I might pull myself together and find the motivation to really start.

Thanks again for your work.

Madao

Lol I figured no one else cared so I stopped for a while. I definitely agree with #6, theres no point in me spending 2+ hours per character when no one else seems to even care. At most, I plan on doing Falcon, Link, and Ness. I've been focusing on finding other things out in the game, so I didn't bother with recording. I also spent a little time improving my recording method.

1) I generally do -10 for player 1 camera and -1 or 0 for player 2. I also make the 2nd character invisible. You should try messing with the numbers so that you can use the best settings for each scenario. For example, its better to have your character to the side, when showing projectiles. Basically the higher the camera number, the more it zooms out, but negative numbers have a strange effect.

2) With my new table, I have the real hitbox code, so you can turn on or off (anytime in the match) with cheat engine. You can also manually type in the coordinates, to instantly move your character to the exact position.

3) You have to count manually unfortunately. It takes about 10-15 mins max, to do all the frame counting for 1 character. I just use the frame counter variables to keep track of the number for me. So all I'm doing is doing moves frame by frame and seeing the max number. Some moves are tricky to count like Up B's because the number resets during the attack, so you have to use a different frame counter for those attacks. For those scenarios, I set aerial counter to 1 and use that to count the total frames. If this is the only thing stopping you, I can do the frame counting for each character if that will encourage other people to do the recording.

4) I use a tool that came with nettools. Lol I know it wouldn't be worth installing nettools just for one small tool, so I'll try to find alternative programs for you.

5) Well if you don't like fraps, I will look into other methods. So far I have come up with 2 methods (both require a lot of manual labor). Method 1 is to use fraps to screenshot, and a renamer program to rename them. Method 2 is more complicated and the images load slower in the frame display program, but has better image quality and you can easily make high quality gif's while making individual images. With method 2, you use alt printscreen to screencap, and then you paste the image into gimp. Once it's in gimp, you crop it to 640 by 480 and then you can export the layers as individual layers (you need to download a script for this feature). I like how option 2, allows you to make good quality gifs and seperate images, but the downside is that it takes more manual work (not too much extra if you use hotkeys) and it loads slower in the frame display program. The reason method 2 makes high quality GIF's is because you are converting BMP (uncompressed images with 0 quality loss) to GIF, compared to jpg or any video format (both jpg and most video formats have image quality loss).

I worked hard to figure out how to display hitboxes without relying on a glitch, in the hopes that more people would work on recording character hitboxes.

I can't imagine you doing all this work manually though. Even I would have never bothered, had I not known about using scripts to do the dirty work for me. Not only do scripts make it faster, but much easier. All I have to do is manually set up the character position, then I type in the number of frames of the attack I'm about to do into my screenshot script, then I just press the button to record all the frames of the move, then I press 1 button to rename all the pictures, then I manually drag the images into the frame display folder. I recommend you do the frame counting of each move before you even start recording. You should also edit the state.txt file to display the english text (you do this after you recorded all the moves). If you need help with anything else, just ask. I'd much rather have other people help, than me doing everything on my own (I'm only doing 4/12 characters max).

Sangoku

Smash Master
Thanks again, I might give it another try. Concerning counting the frames, do you buffer something (like shield) and subtract one from the result?

Madao

I found a new method of frame counting. It requires setting a breakpoint though, but if you actually have the time and motivation to do Yoshi's frames, I will post the frame data to save you time. With hotkeys, I could probably get the frame count of a whole character's moveset in 10 minutes.
If you want, you could shield buffer and subtract by 1, but I would only do that if I was manually recording (in this case you don't have to even frame count beforehand, but the tradeoff is that you are manually screenshotting frame by frame). In the worst case scenario you could use the japanese program as a reference because at least 99% of the time, the starting and ending frame # will be the same.

So how do you plan on recording the frames? That is the biggest challenge / time consumer. Even I am still trying to improve my method since 2-3 hours per character is more than I'd like to spend. Also the manual work is a bit much as well. Once you figure out how you are going to record, I can help you with the file renamer tool and other issues.

One thing I'm stuck on is doing those mid angle tilts. I don't have an analog controller so how would I be able to do forward upper middle tilt while doing frame by frame? For recording Fox, I had to put a moveswap code to record them, and that takes me like 10 mins to set up :(.

Sangoku

Smash Master
I found a new method of frame counting. It requires setting a breakpoint though, but if you actually have the time and motivation to do Yoshi's frames, I will post the frame data to save you time. With hotkeys, I could probably get the frame count of a whole character's moveset in 10 minutes.
If you want, you could shield buffer and subtract by 1, but I would only do that if I was manually recording (in this case you don't have to even frame count beforehand, but the tradeoff is that you are manually screenshotting frame by frame). In the worst case scenario you could use the japanese program as a reference because at least 99% of the time, the starting and ending frame # will be the same.

So how do you plan on recording the frames? That is the biggest challenge / time consumer. Even I am still trying to improve my method since 2-3 hours per character is more than I'd like to spend. Also the manual work is a bit much as well. Once you figure out how you are going to record, I can help you with the file renamer tool and other issues.

One thing I'm stuck on is doing those mid angle tilts. I don't have an analog controller so how would I be able to do forward upper middle tilt while doing frame by frame? For recording Fox, I had to put a moveswap code to record them, and that takes me like 10 mins to set up :(.
If you can give me the frame counting of a few chars and your net tools file renamer hotkeys (yes I downloaded net tools just for that file renamer lol) I'll try to record them with the screenshots method.

Madao

Lol ok, I will try to do some frame counting soon then. What characters are you planning on doing besides Yoshi?
Do you have the program called autohotkey? It's very useful for any type of repetetive computer task. I can send you my script, but you will need to modify the coordinates for the mouse clicking (important) and may want to tweak the timing of the clicking (not too important unless your computer is slow).

What about the recording process? To me that is the most tedious part. I felt like a robot eventually LOL. So much clicking, dragging, etc. I'll see if I can finish Falcon this week too.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Let's say Kirby and Pikachu.

I have autohotkey and your script for screenshots.

So I need the net tools file renamer script and any other scripts you use. My CPU is powerful, so no worries about that.

I hope I'll be able to start recording this weekend.

Madao

Ok I just finished Yoshi. I will make a Yoshi frame chart later, but here is the attack duration of each attack
[collapse=Yoshi Frame Data]
Code:
Jab 1 = 23
Jab 2 = 20
Run Attack = 36
Grab = 69
Forward Throw = 38
Back Throw = 48
Forward Roll = 34
Back Roll = 37
Bair = 41
Dair = 49
Uair = 41
Fair = 39
Nair = 49
Down Smash = 59
Up Smash = 47
Forward Smash = 50
F Tilt = 29
Dtilt = 23
Utilt = 25
Edge recovery (F) = 34
Edge recovery (S) = 69
Edge attack (F) = 49
Edge attack (S) = 89
Edge roll (F) = 44
Edge roll (S) = 99
Up Special = 71
Neutral Spec = 37
Down Special = 82 total for ground down B
Get Up = 30
Get Up Attack = 49
Get Up Roll = 35
Ducking = 7
[/collapse]
This took me like 3.5 hours due to emulator constantly crashing, the frame counter method I used being glitchy, and me being confused with the counting process. I probably won't do Kirby or Pikachu for a few days, but I hope you will be able to do Yoshi this weekend :) . I'm also writing down as much info as I can (like invulnerability frames) about each move as well, so it takes me 30 mins - 1 hour per character, just for generating all the frame data of that character. If there is anything I missed, let me know. I skipped the angled forward tilts and fsmashes because they are the same as the side ones.

Code:
d:: ; renames all the images to the hitbox picture names
{
    WinActivate, Mass File Renamer (c) Net Tools ; Opens filerenamer window 
    click, 166, 457,0  ; clicks the textbox where you type the name of the image
    click,2
    sleep,10
    Send, b{SHIFTDOWN}3{SHIFTUP}.jpg ; types in the name of the image
    click, 161, 481,0  ; clicks on the starting value textbox
    click,2
    sleep,10
    Send, 1              ; types the number 1
    click, 161, 505,0  ; clicks on the digits textbox
    click,2
    sleep,10
    click, 63, 526,0    ; clicks on change filenames
    click
    sleep,10
    click, 63, 374,0    ; clicks on apply all changes
    click

}
return

f:: ; renames all the images to the nonhitbox picture names
{
    WinActivate, Mass File Renamer (c) Net Tools ; Opens filerenamer window 
    click, 166, 457,0  ; clicks the textbox where you type the name of the image
    click,2
    sleep,10
    Send, {SHIFTDOWN}3{SHIFTUP}.jpg ; types in the name of the image
    click, 161, 481,0  ; clicks on the starting value textbox
    click,2
    sleep,10
    click, 161, 505,0  ; clicks on the digits textbox
    click,2
    sleep,10
    click, 63, 526,0    ; clicks on change filenames
    click
    sleep,10
    click, 63, 374,0    ; clicks on apply all changes
    click
}
return
Remember, you may have to change the coordinates. The left number is X, and the right number is Y. So the only line you're changing are the lines that say something like click, 63, 374, 0, to click, new X#, new Y#, 0. Anything after the ; is a comment that isn't part of the actual code, so I wrote some comments to let you know what line is supposed to do what. You can change d and f for the hotkeys to any other button besides b j p or g, because i use those 4 letters for typing (since you have to rename the file name.

I may have forgot something so let me know if you have any additional questions. If you need to find out the mouse coordinates, you can use AutoScript writer II, which should come with autohotkey. If yours didn't come with it, let me know, so I can write a script that displays mouse coordinates. For the file renamer tool, make sure you're using Numeric indexing and have the folder with the screenshots open, before you press the hotkeys. After you press the hotkey button, then you drag the newly renamed images into the proper folder inside of the framedisplay folder.

Sangoku

Smash Master
I just saw I don't have the frame display program anymore (probably lost in one of my hard drives), so could you tell me the terminology used? I mean the name for the images. Is it "1, 2, 3, ..." for both hitbox ones and normal ones but put in separate folders? Or is it something like "1, 2, 3, ..." for hitboxes and "1-1, 1-2, ..." for normal ones?

I can't figure out from your script and I will use another program called "bulk rename utility". I have already adapted the script, but I don't want to waste time renaming wrongly (I'm doing all "1, 2, 3, ..." with different folders).

By the way, I didn't know it would take you so long to count the frames, sorry. Next time I'll do the shield buffer technique, it won't be as long lol.

Madao

I just saw I don't have the frame display program anymore (probably lost in one of my hard drives), so could you tell me the terminology used? I mean the name for the images. Is it "1, 2, 3, ..." for both hitbox ones and normal ones but put in separate folders? Or is it something like "1, 2, 3, ..." for hitboxes and "1-1, 1-2, ..." for normal ones?

I can't figure out from your script and I will use another program called "bulk rename utility". I have already adapted the script, but I don't want to waste time renaming wrongly (I'm doing all "1, 2, 3, ..." with different folders).

By the way, I didn't know it would take you so long to count the frames, sorry. Next time I'll do the shield buffer technique, it won't be as long lol.
It only took me a while because I got confused with the counting lol and my emulator kept crashing. Input delay really messed with my head lol. I also spent extra time writing down hitbox timing, invulnerability, etc. Regular pictures are named 1,2,3,4,5,etc and hitbox pictures are named b1,b2,b3,b4,b5,etc and they both go in the same folder.

Here's the link to the frame display program if you need it.
Just to clarify, I have the script double click the textbox, so that it can quickly highlight all the text before typing in the numbers/name.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
If the frame display is down for good, we could re-upload it excluding the pics, keeping whatever it's necessary for it to work.

I updated my table and added the unlock everything code. The value is 0FF0 for all characters, and FF for the other variable. I added a lot of things, some of which you may not need so feel free to delete whatever you don't need from my table since it's a long table. I wrote down most of Yoshi's frame data, should I bother writing down specific things like Yoshi's head is invincible during Fsmash during frames X - Y? That's pretty much the only stuff I'm missing. I noticed you had Jab 1 = 23 in column A. If you paste something that isn't from an excel sheet, you should paste it in notepad, you can use tab to separate data into different columns, and enter to separate data into different rows, then paste it in excel after editing it in notepad. Using control-F to search & replace and vertical highlight is very useful :) .

I guess I will probably do by character. How will you measure aerials? I'm going to do frame data for Fox, Link, Falcon, and Pikachu, so you don't have to worry about measuring the frame data for those characters.
Ok, thanks for that.
I don't really care about the invincible frames of the upsmashes, I think that having the unique stuff from each character is more important, like having the shine cancel for Fox, parry for Yoshi, etc.

Can't I measure aerials with your frame counter in the cheat engine? I used that with Samus' Bair and got 39, which is the same number of frames shown in the Frame Display program. (I couldn't get to 39 reading Toomai's chart)

Sangoku

Smash Master
It only took me a while because I got confused with the counting lol and my emulator kept crashing. Input delay really messed with my head lol. I also spent extra time writing down hitbox timing, invulnerability, etc. Regular pictures are named 1,2,3,4,5,etc and hitbox pictures are named b1,b2,b3,b4,b5,etc and they both go in the same folder.

Here's the link to the frame display program if you need it.
Just to clarify, I have the script double click the textbox, so that it can quickly highlight all the text before typing in the numbers/name.
Just thought about something... From when do you start recording? Do you include the frame delay or not? What I've done so far (I hope it's right) is load a save file with the game paused, input the attack, then run the command, so it includes the frame delay.

Top Bottom