• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Princess Peach in Brawl

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Yep...

But, Toad is technically confirmed. You do see him there, in a way. He gets the best seat up in Peach's dress. And since he's not used too often, he gets all the viewing pleasure XD

Hope that makes you feel a bit better ^^;;
lol I appreciate it, bud. At least Toad's got a nice view to enjoy. :chuckle:

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
^^^ I don't like the parasol idea ~_~ Peach doesn't gain speed while using it in the first Subspace Emissary video, so I don't think it will happen. Peach Bomber and Toad need to be better, and that's a pretty interesting solution.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I LOVE the idea about making her Turnip Pull more like SMB2 in that it could be used on opponents as well. I also agree that Toad and Peach Bomber are in sore need of an update. The spores sticking around and acting flammable / explosive is a nice touch. I disagree about the Peach Parasol, but I am a bit biased--I'm a Peach main, after all. But it's well constructed nonetheless.

xenogears23

Smash Apprentice
i love that they took her fair pic in space

peach is the queen of anti grav lmao

i;m so happy she's looking to be like her former self

oh does anyone think that turnip looks huge tho!?

btw it has a face on it...and it's not the basic smiley face turnip...so most likely we'll have the rest of the faces along with stichface back in brawl

*yay*

Cyberbot5000

Smash Apprentice
Them vegetables are massive hope they keep their random damage abilities (ie different face = different damage)

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Good LORD

I found this topic on page 5. C'mon people @_@

*Bairs thread* There!

Now anyway, it's pretty much confirmed that all of her moves are originally back. Now I got one question to ask you all

I know we can play this on 4 controllers. The Wiis, the NES Wii, and the Gamecube remote. Which one ya gonna play it in?

I'm going with the Gamecube. It's most confortable on my hands (or anybodies lol).

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
i doubt it but i hope peach can get her outfit in super mario strikers... lookin fresh lol
I pretty much doubt it too, even though she would look hot in it. But then her Dair might not have much effect without the heels. :p

I'm pretty sure in the brawl series, she's always gonna be wearing her signature dresses.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I'll try the Wiimote/Nunchuk combination, but I'm sticking to the NGC controller. Also, Dsmash would look weird without her signature dress (assuming Dsmash is back), so I don't think we'll see Peach smashing in her Strikers outfit. The size of that turnip scares me... what if they try to make it less effective by giving it a bigger size but less range? Hopefully I'm just being paranoid.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
gc controller for me. then I will try the nunchuck remote. I dunno about the vegetables maybe that's a rare big one. if all of them are that size I hope hte effects and everything from melee stay the same.

pyrimadines

Smash Apprentice
I'll try the Wiimote/Nunchuk combination, but I'm sticking to the NGC controller. Also, Dsmash would look weird without her signature dress (assuming Dsmash is back), so I don't think we'll see Peach smashing in her Strikers outfit. The size of that turnip scares me... what if they try to make it less effective by giving it a bigger size but less range? Hopefully I'm just being paranoid.
I don't know. She doesn't seem to be struggling with the turnip at all. It looks like it is still in the picking up animation and isn't the turnip bigger in that frame set. I always thought it would shrink down a little after she could hold it.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I'm definitely trying out the Wiimote/Nunchuk setup and the Classic Controller setup, but I'll probably just stick with my wonderful Wavebird. :grin:

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
wut if for grabbing and attacking u have to use the motion sensors with the Wiimote/Nunchuck? imagine that: d*** level 9 grab pansies!!! take this!!! *someone walks in the room* ... *leaves* hahahaha

EDIT: no, with Peach in her strikers outfit doing the DSmash, her hips would be twice as big while she does it, just like Mario's fist becomes all big doing his Fair XD

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614

Hmmm... Is that a new move? It kinda looks like Nair, but I'm not sure.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
i know this has probably been brought up before, but how do you guys think peach's vibes from super princess peach will be incorporated into brawl?

im guessing they'll be in her final smash somehow....

Mandalore

Smash Apprentice
It seems like a lot of fanboys want her in her Strikers outfit. I think that would be a little akward for her to be wearing that when someone grapples her. I could imagine many images online of that.

I know it would seem a bit retro, but I think the Super Mario Brothers characters should wear the outfits they wore on the different stages of the N64 versions of Mario Party. Very unlikely, but I want a cowboy Luigi. I would enjoy that more than their Strikers outfit, even with Peach.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
NAir for short shorts! It's 100% NAir-tastic action. Notice how her body is slightly rotated in said screenshot, right arm out and left arm behind her. She is executing a NAir, currently in the middle of a spin. With FAir and NAir reconfirmed, all we need is DSmash and we're set. =)

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
I guess there's one thing I learned from this topic, not all new screen shots from the game comes from the official website.

From what I'm seeing, Peach's emotions don't seem to be part of her regular moves at all. The Final Smash isn't ruled out yet, but however, I'm really wondering if their gonna go the emotion route or not. The emotions in Super Princess Peach got quite a bit of heat from the gaming community and I'm wondering if their willing to bring that back. Then again, the Strikers outfit got some heat as well and it returned. Emotional Final Smash may happen, but I'm not expecting it.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I guess there's one thing I learned from this topic, not all new screen shots from the game comes from the official website.

From what I'm seeing, Peach's emotions don't seem to be part of her regular moves at all. The Final Smash isn't ruled out yet, but however, I'm really wondering if their gonna go the emotion route or not. The emotions in Super Princess Peach got quite a bit of heat from the gaming community and I'm wondering if their willing to bring that back. Then again, the Strikers outfit got some heat as well and it returned. Emotional Final Smash may happen, but I'm not expecting it.
I know that the emotions wrought a lot of backlash for seeming sexist and stereotypical, but it's just a game. Whatever the implications, Nintendo isn't saying that all women are emotional yo-yos, spinning round and bouncing between extremes. If anything, it's a comedic way to channel Peach's strength. (And lest we forget that these emotions were only made possible by the Vibe Scepter and Vibe Island itself; in theory, even Bowser could be whirling in the breeze with Joy).

I still say that the SPP emotions are her most likely Final Smash.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
TOADSTOOL...

****, I just got over that a couple years ago...

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
i know this has probably been brought up before, but how do you guys think peach's vibes from super princess peach will be incorporated into brawl?

im guessing they'll be in her final smash somehow....
It's been said before, but it seems it's been confirmed that we're gonna have Peach's Melee set.

I know that the emotions wrought a lot of backlash for seeming sexist and stereotypical, but it's just a game. Whatever the implications, Nintendo isn't saying that all women are emotional yo-yos, spinning round and bouncing between extremes. If anything, it's a comedic way to channel Peach's strength. (And lest we forget that these emotions were only made possible by the Vibe Scepter and Vibe Island itself; in theory, even Bowser could be whirling in the breeze with Joy).

I still say that the SPP emotions are her most likely Final Smash.
Some people take stuff like that seriously, even if it is a fictional game. Like, most men would be upset if there was a game that they're dogs, and how men are always the enemies and women are the allies. You see, when it comes to games featuring women, they're sensitive about it. They want a game that isn't all about breast, sex, or anything sterotypical. That's why lots of women like to play games like Samus, because it shows that she's a hero and that it's not in anyway offensive. I mean, even religon games are senesitive to most. That's why there isn't a lot of realistic religon games.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Along with the fact that religion (in itself) isn't conducive to a fun gaming experience. =P

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Peach aficionados: is the move featured in the following screenshot a BAir or SideB?

Also, Mario's SM update affirms that Special Moves can, in fact, change for veterans. If the move is Peach's BAir, we might infer that her BAir has been replaced with the Peach Bomber and Peachy gets a new Side Special. I would hate to lose the BAir, but a new Side Special is oh-so tempting. :grin:

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
True, but...I'm worried about her moveset again.

If they rearange her moveset, playing her would be a bit weird at first. I mean, take a look at Mario. His down B has been replace with F.L.U.D.D. His Tornado has been moved to his Dair (which is what we're guessing). It's gonna be a bit awkward, depending on how his other moves are. Like, his Tornado, along with the cape, and his Up B, was meant for recovery. This is gonna be a benifit in some way for Mario players.

Now, we know Peach is really good, but we're not sure how much benifit she'll have.

Gannondorf the fifth

Smash Apprentice
True, but...I'm worried about her moveset again.

If they rearange her moveset, playing her would be a bit weird at first. I mean, take a look at Mario. His down B has been replace with F.L.U.D.D. His Tornado has been moved to his Dair (which is what we're guessing). It's gonna be a bit awkward, depending on how his other moves are. Like, his Tornado, along with the cape, and his Up B, was meant for recovery. This is gonna be a benifit in some way for Mario players.

Now, we know Peach is really good, but we're not sure how much benifit she'll have.
Replacing mario's current dair from melee with what you're suggesting would literally make his dair almost useless. Why? Who WOULDN'T see that coming? He'd have to be in the right position just to get it to execute properly on the other players. It's like seeing my gannon coming from above. While not guranteed, it's pretty obvious that i'd go with my meteor smash. As would everyone else. However, in my case, the usefulness is clearly more obvious.

Top Bottom