• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Princess Peach in Brawl

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Peach, on the whole, is not broken in Melee. Yeah she has dsmash, turnips, and float canceling, but the rest of Peach = meh. The top tiers still have way more potential than Peach does, especially when it comes to getting KOs. They're way more deserving of nerfs than Peach.
Quoted for truth.

Modest_Egoist

Smash Journeyman
CT's worst Peach. Float Cancelling... what's that?
Yeah, I agree. Like I said before, there candidates above her that have more things to be nerfed. I think it's been agreed here that her dsmash could be nerfed a bit and no one would really complain.

Sheik could be nerfed by simply giving Zelda/Sheik the stamina factor like Pokemon Trainer. Since Pokemon Trainer and Zelda/Sheik could be placed in the same category (tranforming chars), it would make sense.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Sheik could be nerfed by simply giving Zelda/Sheik the stamina factor like Pokemon Trainer. Since Pokemon Trainer and Zelda/Sheik could be placed in the same category (tranforming chars), it would make sense.
I doubt it. It wouldn't make much sense to give Shiek a stamina meter.

The reason why the pokemon trainer has it is, and this is by Kirby Kid's logic, is to cut down the spamming. Also, this gives the players a new style to play on

Really, I think it's gonna be low tier. No doubt in my mind. XD

And Shiek...err...I think the best way to nerf her is by speed. standard (running wise).

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Peach, on the whole, is not broken in Melee. Yeah she has dsmash, turnips, and float canceling, but the rest of Peach = meh. The top tiers still have way more potential than Peach does, especially when it comes to getting KOs. They're way more deserving of nerfs than Peach.
Quoted for truth. Fox and Sheik are the ones that really need a nerfing.

Modest_Egoist

Smash Journeyman
As for Peach's down+b move, do you think they will add more items she can randomly pull out. I would suggest the POW block she pulled out in SMB2, it would stun opponents briefly. The thing is, it would have to be even more rare than the bomb for it to make it as an addition, othewise it would be an unfair thing to have. It probably won't happen, but what other items do you think could be used, if any?

I doubt it. It wouldn't make much sense to give Shiek a stamina meter.

The reason why the pokemon trainer has it is, and this is by Kirby Kid's logic, is to cut down the spamming. Also, this gives the players a new style to play on.

And Shiek...err...I think the best way to nerf her is by speed. standard (running wise).
There's more than one way to nerf a Sheik, and speed can very well be one of the ways. I only suggested the stamina for Sheik also because the fighting style Pokemon Trainer will have (fight with all three in a balanced manner) is what they wanted Zelda/Sheik to be (fight with both in a balanced manner. The thing is, players either just liked Zelda or just liked Sheik (and just use Zelda for her up+b move). So the stamina idea must have been implemented to prevent people from using only one or two of the three.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Regardless of what anybody thinks about whether or not they should nerf Peach, it's very possible that they will. Was there a reason for nerfing Ness in Melee?

I've played fighting games my whole life, and I've played enough of them to know that how good a character was in Melee is no indication of how good they'll be in Brawl. Fox could be the worst character in this game, and Bowser could be the best.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
As for Peach's down+b move, do you think they will add more items she can randomly pull out. I would suggest the POW block she pulled out in SMB2, it would stun opponents briefly. The thing is, it would have to be even more rare than the bomb for it to make it as an addition, othewise it would be an unfair thing to have. It probably won't happen, but what other items do you think could be used, if any?
They can take out the saturn, but the beam sword MUST be kept. I freaking pwn with Peach when she has that blade. BRING IT ON SPACE ANIMALS AND EMO MARTHS!!! ><

As for other items, we need to focus one the items that's currently confirmed. If anything, I think the best items she could pull out to replace Saturn is probably the pit fall. Or the banana peel. I wouldn't mind if I get the franklin badge. Makes spammers think twice :D

All and all, I hope that the beam sword makes a apparance again or some sword that could replace it. ><

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Hmmm...

Yay! ^_^

Peach is officially in Brawl, and she looks awesome. Toad is back as a shield... which I hate, mostly because I really wanted Toad to be a PC. Anyway... I don't care how much she gets nerfed, Toadstool will be my main again.

Modest_Egoist

Smash Journeyman
They can take out the saturn, but the beam sword MUST be kept. I freaking pwn with Peach when she has that blade. BRING IT ON SPACE ANIMALS AND EMO MARTHS!!! ><

As for other items, we need to focus on the items that's currently confirmed. If anything, I think the best items she could pull out to replace Saturn is probably the pit fall. Or the banana peel. I wouldn't mind if I get the franklin badge. Makes spammers think twice :D

All and all, I hope that the beam sword makes a apparance again or some sword that could replace it. ><
Jedi Peach ftw... I hope they keep that sword also.

Perhaps she can pull out the smoke ball also. But the banana peel and pit fall are also good too.

As for Mr. Saturn, I didnt really like it either. My friend who also plays Peach told me that he's apparently good at breaking shields because it deals good block damage.I still don't care for it though.

peachori

Smash Journeyman
qft. the only thing that i really think needs nerfing is the dsmash, simply because casuals often cc it and get assraped by the damage. if they make it so even ccing it wont make you get hit by every single hit, then casual gamers wouldnt whine so much and competitive players wouldnt care because its rare that you ever see a competitive player cc the dsmash anyway.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
qft. the only thing that i really think needs nerfing is the dsmash, simply because casuals often cc it and get assraped by the damage. if they make it so even ccing it wont make you get hit by every single hit, then casual gamers wouldnt whine so much and competitive players wouldnt care because its rare that you ever see a competitive player cc the dsmash anyway.
They're casual gamers. Of course they're gonna whine. They're gonna whine about everything competitive level. That's not the reason it should be nerfed.

There are times when, your best tactic/technique backfire on you. In Melee, the CC backfires on you with her Dsmash. All people need to do is either

1) be smart about their CC

2) Stay away from Peach's Dsmash

And generally, both casual and competitve would do either or. If you Get Dsmashed once, especially with CC, you're mind's telling you to either advoid it or do a different tactic.

Just like if you're stabbed once in RL, you want to make sure never to be stabbed again. Because it's unpleasent.

Master Peach

Smash Ace
Peach doesn't really need any nerfing. Most of her moves you have to put strategy into, and you have to work at killing your opponent. Peach doesn't really have that many moves that can easily kill your opponent. Unless you can manage to mind games your opponent into the sweet spot, (I've don't it a couple of times. It rules) another one is If they're trying to return to the stage and you Dsmash them on the edge, and the last one I can think of is (at high damage) if she grapple you and slaps you (They better not nerf that). But that's just about. Whoops I missed one Death turnips. Another thing is how often do see oppertunities to actually do these moves in battle without your opponent predicting them and countering them?

Anyways the other high and top teirs have alot of moves and skills that end up killing you very quickly. As far as I know they need to nerf Sheik, Marth, and Espeacially Fox. Falco is fine. IMO he's one of the perfect balenced characters in smash, just that his survival stinks.

Saying that they need to nerf Peach is like saying they need to nerf Barney and friends.

She needs more turnips. A Death one, a really good one... some nice ones... average ones... bad ones... bombs, swords... gooy bombs... more options.
Yeah I agree with you on that. Peach does need more options when it come to Turnips and Items. More Variety.

Modest_Egoist

Smash Journeyman
She needs more turnips. A Death one, a really good one... some nice ones... average ones... bad ones... bombs, swords... gooy bombs... more options.
I completely forgot about the gooey bomb. She already has one bomb though. I don't think they'll give her that one. I think one explosive is good. Maybe vary different effects of items. The banana and pitfall are perfect candidates.

It would be freaky when she does get the angry emotion in her Final Smash, she can pull out nothing but Stitchfaces...

I feel asleep

Smash Apprentice
lets just hope they 'fix' her down smash. holding down for a spliy second should not be punished by adding 50%+ onto your health.

as long as they do that i welcome her return

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
What's Peach supposed to do against Fox/Falco/Insert-Fast-Faller-Here if her Dsmash gets nerfed? >_< I mean, that's not fair either...

Modest_Egoist

Smash Journeyman
Anyways the other high and top teirs have alot of moves and skills that end up killing you very quickly. As far as I know they need to nerf Sheik, Marth, and Espeacially Fox. Falco is fine. IMO he's one of the perfect balenced characters in smash, just that his survival stinks.
That is true. Falco was high tier, yes, but he became top tier thanks to users using advanced techniques (shorthopped laser, and the pillar) that take practice to make him better than what he was. If advanced techs werent in melee, he wouldnt be top tier. As for Marth, Shiek, and Fox, they should be nerfed. Even if advanced techs didnt exist, they would still be top.

@I feel asleep: Let's compromise. You should be punished, but only by adding 25% to the damage. There you go.

JPW

Smash Ace
no offence to Peach, but she looks older. Too old, for Mario. lol.
Or... she at least looks more dynamic.

She's still got Toad underneath her dress. Which is classic. Toads got the best seat in the house again.

whoa 2 character updates in the same week. Something's going on. Or maybe he's just giving us what we want lol. Maybe he felt bad for the Thursday update. lol.

Leaves Falcon, Ness and IC to go for possible returners on the starting roster.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Turnip, Turnip, Turnip, Bob-omb... Peach wins. Priceless >_<

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I'll be semi-&quot;dead&quot; for a while after Fe
no offence to Peach, but she looks older. Too old, for Mario. lol.
Or... she at least looks more dynamic.

She's still got Toad underneath her dress. Which is classic. Toads got the best seat in the house again.

whoa 2 character updates in the same week. Something's going on. Or maybe he's just giving us what we want lol. Maybe he felt bad for the Thursday update. lol.

Leaves Falcon, Ness and IC to go for possible returners on the starting roster.
More DYNAMIC yes....

Toad is a lucky ****!

2 chars always when there's no chars the week before and one appears on Monday!

Yes they remain!

Peach is my favorite *****!

cba

Smash Master
i knew she was going to be confimed because the video showed her & Zelda arriving to back up mario & kirby.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Like Toad fans? :ohwell:
Yep...

But, Toad is technically confirmed. You do see him there, in a way. He gets the best seat up in Peach's dress. And since he's not used too often, he gets all the viewing pleasure XD

Hope that makes you feel a bit better ^^;;

Top Bottom