• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
There are still two left over files from Roy and Ryu's leak
You do know code can change right. That we didn't even have those slots before Mewtwo came along. That ever update to Smash was the game code changing. Those "Slots" are placeholders and more can be added at any time because code isn't something that can't be changed.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
You do know code can change right. That we didn't even have those slots before Mewtwo came along. That ever update to Smash was the game code changing. Those "Slots" are placeholders and more can be added at any time because code isn't something that can't be changed.
I think what he's insinuating is that they might already have plans for those placeholders. We might get two more characters before they start pulling from the Smash Ballot at all.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
I think what he's insinuating is that they might already have plans for those placeholders. We might get two more characters before they start pulling from the Smash Ballot at all.
Ah. If that os what that person meant that alright. I just get annoyed when people say we are only getting two more characters because why only two more when the Ballot lasted more then six months?

And I agree with Ian. Wolf is more then likely one of the last two characters for those place holder "slots" or whatever they are.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Ah. If that os what that person meant that alright. I just get annoyed when people say we are only getting two more characters because why only two more when the Ballot lasted more then six months?

And I agree with Ian. Wolf is more then likely one of the last two characters for those place holder "slots" or whatever they are.
The way I see it, the top 5 in the ballot could be DLC, if Wolf is indeed planned for one of the placeholder spots, it works in our favor

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard

That was nowhere near that I was implying. It'd be ridiculous if it was just 2 characters and we're done. I personally thought it was kinda straightforward. my bad

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Agreed. From the looks of those 2 empty slots, it's likely that Wolf is one of them since he is one of the more logical veterans that we still have yet to see come back in Smash 4's DLC(especially with the release of Starfox Zero coming out later this year which Wolf has been confirmed that he will be in Zero which also increases Krystal's chances to be in Smash 4's DLC and with the recent release of Command on the Wii U's eShop, it boosted her chances even more than ever along with Wolf) like what they have been doing with Roy, Lucas and Mewtwo for instance and that way we'll have even characters there(2 from Melee and 2 from Brawl). As for the last slot if it's another veteran it comes to either Snake(would be interesting to see him come back) or I may be going out on a limb here and maybe include the Ice Climbers. Or that so called "last" slot there could be like some of you guys said, they can update it and to have along with that slot to include 2 more slots after it so that way that "last slot" there could be for one of the newcomers from the Ballot that they can pull off along with 2 more. Remember, Sakurai did stated that the characters from here on out will pretty much be fan-service and that there will be several more characters to be added into the roster.

As for that pic that TheCynicalCdr posted a little while back which is

I've seen that artist before in the Miiverse and I'll tell you this. From what I have been seeing on this person, he's a great Krystal supporter and like I said before, it's really good that we're seeing a lot of Krystal support not just here, but on the Miiverse. Heck I wouldn't be surprised also that even people in the Krystal Archive site would take notice on this. Anyway, that pic that has Sonic in it, that same artist also did this one that I posted here which is

Last edited:

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
Agreed. From the looks of those 2 empty slots, it's likely that Wolf is one of them since he is one of the more logical veterans that we still have yet to see come back in Smash 4's DLC(especially with the release of Starfox Zero coming out later this year which Wolf has been confirmed that he will be in Zero which also increases Krystal's chances to be in Smash 4's DLC and with the recent release of Command on the Wii U's eShop, it boosted her chances even more than ever along with Wolf) like what they have been doing with Roy, Lucas and Mewtwo for instance and that way we'll have even characters there(2 from Melee and 2 from Brawl). As for the last slot if it's another veteran it comes to either Snake(would be interesting to see him come back) or I may be going out on a limb here and maybe include the Ice Climbers. Or that so called "last" slot there could be like some of you guys said, they can update it and to have along with that slot to include 2 more slots after it so that way that "last slot" there could be for one of the newcomers from the Ballot that they can pull off along with 2 more. Remember, Sakurai did stated that the characters from here on out will pretty much be fan-service and that there will be several more characters to be added into the roster.

As for that pic that TheCynicalCdr posted a little while back which is

I've seen that artist before in the Miiverse and I'll tell you this. From what I have been seeing on this person, he's a great Krystal supporter and like I said before, it's really good that we're seeing a lot of Krystal support not just here, but on the Miiverse. Heck I wouldn't be surprised also that even people in the Krystal Archive site would take notice on this. Anyway, that pic that has Sonic in it, that same artist also did this one that I posted here which is

I'm sure the Archives will, since they commented and Yeah'd one of my messages (and mine has no drawings in it).

Also, off topic, but I'll be brief here: It would be nice if Sakurai gave not only Wolf, but Snake and Ice Climbers (or a solo Ice Climber), as well. It would be great if he satisfied fans of those 3 chars.

Last edited:

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
I'm sure the Archives will, since they commented and Yeah'd one of my messages (and mine has no drawings in it).

Also, off topic, but I'll be brief here: It would be nice if Sakurai gave not only Wolf, but Snake and Ice Climbers (or a solo Ice Climber), as well. It would be great if he satisfied fans of those 3 chars.
The Ice Climbers aren't coming. Sakurai recently stated in an interview that he couldn't get them to work.

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
The Ice Climbers aren't coming. Sakurai recently stated in an interview that he couldn't get them to work.
Then he should make a solo IC (that's the best their fans are gonna get, so they should adapt instead of complaining about it so much).

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Then he should make a solo IC (that's the best their fans are gonna get, so they should adapt instead of complaining about it so much).
I honestly just wish he would include all of the veterans so that people would stop complaining altogether and make way for newcomers like Krystal.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I honestly just wish he would include all of the veterans so that people would stop complaining altogether and make way for newcomers like Krystal.
The only vets that have no chance of returning as future DLC are The Ice Climbers, too much tech problems. Pichu was the worst addition to any Smash game by far, so scratch him. I'd love to get Snake back, not only because I am a big Metal Gear fan, (It's my favorite game series other than Star Fox and Fallout), it's also because he was ****ING AWESOME in Brawl. If K Rool is one of the fan service DLC, that means that K Rool will be in regardless of the ballot

Last edited:

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
They technically have though, almost everyone hates both Pichu and Young Link as much as some may argue otherwise.

Old School Tommy

Smash Cadet
The only vets that have no chance of returning as future DLC are The Ice Climbers, too much tech problems.
What's with the "no chance" on Ice Climbers? You've been told that there are ways around that.

1. Have a solo Ice Climber in battle (Nana & Popo can be gender swap on the select screen).
2. They make it so they won't separate (a duo character like Duck Hunt).

I prefer the ladder.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
What's with the "no chance" on Ice Climbers? You've been told that there are ways around that.

1. Have a solo Ice Climber in battle (Nana & Popo can be gender swap on the select screen).

I prefer the ladder.
It would take too much work to get them to be useable on 3DS

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533

I prefer the ladder.
i think sakurai didnt want to change characters *too* much from melee so he wouldnt "alienate" melee players

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Not sure if melee players would rather have no character than drastically changed character.
well on the topic of alienating melee players he already has anyway by how different smash 4 is

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
well on the topic of alienating melee players he already has anyway by how different smash 4 is
Melee is lightyears ahead of Sm4sh in depth, yet still so much older. Hmm... Sakurai says a lot of things that contradict what he actually does. Ridley, for instance, was made a stage boss because he wanted to stay true to the character. At the same time, he gives Samus Aran a pair of heels we've never seen before. I'm hoping his inconsistent way of thinking works in our favor and he sees it appropriate to add Krystal even though Command was her last appearance.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Melee is lightyears ahead of Sm4sh in depth, yet still so much older. Hmm... Sakurai says a lot of things that contradict what he actually does. Ridley, for instance, was made a stage boss because he wanted to stay true to the character. At the same time, he gives Samus Aran a pair of heels we've never seen before. I'm hoping his inconsistent way of thinking works in our favor and he sees it appropriate to add Krystal even though Command was her last appearance.
with the coming of star fox zero i can only imagine that will be her latest appearance and it will don on him she would be a fair addition

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
with the coming of star fox zero i can only imagine that will be her latest appearance and it will don on him she would be a fair addition
She doesn't seem to be in Star Fox Zero, though. The game is another reimagining of the events of 64, and take place before she enters the picture. The developers outright said it's not a retcon, though, so Krystal is just absent from the series at the moment.

Fortunately, that means she isn't out of the question for Smash, and what what I've seen, she hasn't lost any support despite these events.

Last edited:

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
She doesn't seem to be in Star Fox Zero, though. The game is another reimagining of the events of 64, and take place before she enters the picture. The developers outright said it's not a retcon, though, so Krystal is just absent from the series at the moment.

Fortunately, that means she isn't out of the question for Smash, and what what I've seen, she hasn't lost any support despite these events.
It's the same thing for Panther and the others who're absent too, which some people for whatever reason seem to ignore. Regardless it doesnt mean shes out of the question as you said, in fact Smash doesnt even seem to really care about Zero because Fox and Falco look nothing like how they do in Zero, and Smash is referencing Assault and Adventures way more. Command they flat out refuse to acknowledge, and doing research Brawl only had a single trophy from Command, had the games name on everyones trophy, and Krystal had the info about the relationship issue that suddenly occurs for some stupid reason that even i'm irritated to why that even happened at all, being that it made no sense.

In this game however, all of that was thrown out, the trophy was removed, the name was removed and instead mentions Assault as the last game on everyone, and Krystals relationship description from Command is wiped out. Though while King K Rool and many others and item trophies suffered it, i'm confused to why Krystal isn't in the display since there's an Assault display, and she's part of that, it's the same for K Rool with not being in the DK display despite being part of it.

Almost wonder if notifying Nintendo about it and seeing if they can somehow patch the game to have em all in there would help, it just seems weird they'd do that, it's like they forgot even though it was obvious they fit in the displays.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
It's the same thing for Panther and the others who're absent too, which some people for whatever reason seem to ignore. Regardless it doesnt mean shes out of the question as you said, in fact Smash doesnt even seem to really care about Zero because Fox and Falco look nothing like how they do in Zero, and Smash is referencing Assault and Adventures way more. Command they flat out refuse to acknowledge, and doing research Brawl only had a single trophy from Command, had the games name on everyones trophy, and Krystal had the info about the relationship issue that suddenly occurs for some stupid reason that even i'm irritated to why that even happened at all, being that it made no sense.

In this game however, all of that was thrown out, the trophy was removed, the name was removed and instead mentions Assault as the last game on everyone, and Krystals relationship description from Command is wiped out. Though while King K Rool and many others and item trophies suffered it, i'm confused to why Krystal isn't in the display since there's an Assault display, and she's part of that, it's the same for K Rool with not being in the DK display despite being part of it.

Almost wonder if notifying Nintendo about it and seeing if they can somehow patch the game to have em all in there would help, it just seems weird they'd do that, it's like they forgot even though it was obvious they fit in the displays.
Maybe Command has officially been confirmed as non-canon. I want to talk about something serious, how F2P will crash the mobile gaming market

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Maybe Command has officially been confirmed as non-canon. I want to talk about something serious, how F2P will crash the mobile gaming market
I hope it does, that way Konami can get back to making 2D Metroidvanias again. It's been too long since my last one. Withdrawal symptoms here. Anyway, come October, the music stops. All the obnoxious "leaks" and general clowning will come screeching to a dead halt. When something I'm anticipating draws near and it's the week before, I get nervous. Because I'm this way, I kinda wish I knew an insider on the team, Estelle Ellis or Alesia Glidewell. They could give an early confirmation that we've got our vixen or not, but being the consummate pros they are, I know it would be next to impossible to get them to disclose anything. :sadeyes:

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I hope it does, that way Konami can get back to making 2D Metroidvanias again. It's been too long since my last one. Withdrawal symptoms here. Anyway, come October, the music stops. All the obnoxious "leaks" and general clowning will come screeching to a dead halt. When something I'm anticipating draws near and it's the week before, I get nervous. Because I'm this way, I kinda I wish I knew an insider on the team, Estelle Ellis or Alesia Glidewell. They could give an early confirmation that we've got our vixen or not, but being the consummate pros they are, I know it would be next to impossible to get them to disclose anything. :sadeyes:
Or we could manage to get a small social network tease out of them

Last edited:

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
I hope it does, that way Konami can get back to making 2D Metroidvanias again. It's been too long since my last one. Withdrawal symptoms here. Anyway, come October, the music stops. All the obnoxious "leaks" and general clowning will come screeching to a dead halt. When something I'm anticipating draws near and it's the week before, I get nervous. Because I'm this way, I kinda I wish I knew an insider on the team, Estelle Ellis or Alesia Glidewell. They could give an early confirmation that we've got our vixen or not, but being the consummate pros they are, I know it would be next to impossible to get them to disclose anything. :sadeyes:
I dont believe they can even hint anything since they signed a waiver saying they will not give out any info unless authorized, even if say you guessed it or knew for a fact they're voicing the character.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
If wolf gets corfirmed that he's coming back in smash 4, do you guys still think that Krystal would have a good chance getting in smash? Considering there are a bunch of characters to choose from the ballot, do you think Sakurai would be interested in adding another star fox rep after wolf?

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
If wolf gets corfirmed that he's coming back in smash 4, do you guys still think that Krystal would have a good chance getting in smash? Considering there are a bunch of characters to choose from the ballot, do you think Sakurai would be interested in adding another star fox rep after wolf?
Considering how much Sakurai likes Star Fox, I wouldn't be surprised, and among the potential newcomers, only Krystal would really fit the best. I mean Leon could possibly work, but Leon is merely a background character, same with Panther. Slippy would just be way too goofy even for Smash, and Andross would just be a giant freaking head with hands

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
If wolf was pre-ballot it wouldn't make much of a difference but I wouldn't expect them to both be ballot characters

Last edited:

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Has sakurai said some where that he likes star fox a lot? Just interested know, because people sometimes seem to say stuff without having really any evidence to show for it.
If it is true, then I'm more than happy, because it could potentially give some boost for Krystal.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Krystal remains an enticing option regardless of an in-house reveal. A completely new one. Wolf's inclusion does nothing to diminish this. If two spacies is where the fan demand is by ballot's end, I think that's what Sakurai is going to do. He never thought twice about giving us Roy to go along with Marth, Lucina, Robin and Ike. We weren't ever polled on that. I don't think the prospect of 4 Star Fox characters, two coming in the third wave of DLC, is going to bother him. It bears repeating though that that's where the fan demand has to be. Both have to drum up big time support to warrant spots over some pretty popular characters. Krystal as a character who writes her own moveset and has a big enduring fanbase does a lot of the work for us, but if the rest of the fans don't care enough to let Nintendo know we want to see her, what's the point? You can draw up all the movesets and fan art you want. It means nothing until you've said, in no uncertain terms, "I want Krystal to be playable, because..." on the ballot.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
I don't see why he'd be against it, to be honest. If a character had a lot of support and a lot of potential, why would being the second character from their series be a deal breaker? It doesn't make sense, if you ask me, and yet so much of the fanbase acts like it's a hard rule when we have no proof.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07

True. Even if she didn't appear in Zero, it's very likely that she'll be in future Starfox entries after it since as we all know, there is a huge fanbase around her. Also, I was playing the other day once again in Smash 4 playing as my main Fox(which I won in this stage of course) and I found this cute pic posted in the Miiverse stage that all of you should see:

The pic says: "I'll kiss you if you win, Fox! Vote Krystal."

Wow. I really have to say that the support for her is still going really strong and I'm glad to see that. We need to keep this up and not slow down a bit. I'm really glad that we are seeing more of her in those Miiverse pics in the Miiverse stage and throughout the Miiverse in general. If everything goes well for us, this could really work in our favor and to spread awareness around her.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
True. Even if she didn't appear in Zero, it's very likely that she'll be in future Starfox entries after it since as we all know, there is a huge fanbase around her. Also, I was playing the other day once again in Smash 4 playing as my main Fox(which I won in this stage of course) and I found this cute pic posted in the Miiverse stage that all of you should see:
Sorry if I offended any of you again, but I was really shocked when I saw the Fox support thread one day. Composed of 95% DLC ads, 4% "Don't vote for Krystal", 1% of regular, ACTUAL supports (And some jokes too, but they're still good).

Compared to the Japanese communities, yes they are much quieter (Fox with no activity for 2 days, Falco with 5), but at least, they give true support, and not those "vote4meplz" stuff

(Simply Bill Grey saying "Do your best Fox!"; no ballot vote request, no unnecessary campaigns. A pure support)

Just... why do you supporters have to place ads everywhere in somewhere you're supposed to support the character? If you guys have to campaign for the character and stuff, can you at least do it somewhere more reasonable?

inb4 everyone arguing at me

Last edited:

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Has sakurai said some where that he likes star fox a lot? Just interested know, because people sometimes seem to say stuff without having really any evidence to show for it.
If it is true, then I'm more than happy, because it could potentially give some boost for Krystal.
He nearly made what ended up becoming Kid Icarus Uprising in the end, there's a few articles where he said he chose Star Fox as one of the games he wanted to do before changing it to Kid Icarus at the last minute. The sucky part was Iwata gave him the choices at the time to make any game using their IPs, but the point is he was that close to making a Star Fox game, and it would be great if he was still on that idea as we'd get the proper sequel than just another nostalgia cash in attempt. He'd probably make the series popular again on top of it.

Kid Icarus wasnt all that great during the time if i'm not mistaken, and the moment Uprising was made Japan was all over it.

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
Sorry if I offended any of you again, but I was really shocked when I saw the Fox support thread one day. Composed of 95% DLC ads, 4% "Don't vote for Krystal", 1% of regular, ACTUAL supports (And some jokes too, but they're still good).

Compared to the Japanese communities, yes they are much quieter (Fox with no activity for 2 days, Falco with 5), but at least, they give true support, and not those "vote4meplz" stuff

(Simply Bill Grey saying "Do your best Fox!"; no ballot vote request, no unnecessary campaigns. A pure support)

Just... why do you supporters have to place ads everywhere in somewhere you're supposed to support the character? If you guys have to campaign for the character and stuff, can you at least do it somewhere more reasonable?

inb4 everyone arguing at me
I'm a Krystal (and dixie) supporter on miiverse but I didn't "campaign." In the fox or falco thread.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkN3JTVfg
You cant say that all of us are like that. Most of the people are only campaigning because they just want their favorite character added to a game they believe should be added. I only "campaigned" in art academy x) but everyone else is doing it with their own character they voted for so it's not just Krystal. Daisy is constantly campaigned in the peach and rosalina support threads. I've seen Spyro campaigned in the mario, Luigi and bowser threads. Maybe the best solution is to avoid the Miiverse stage if it annoys you so much. :/ why must we get treated so negatively when we are the most innocent and reasonable Krystal fans there is? :L

@everyone Hey I had a thought. There's this "king k roll" leak going on which made me wonder if Wolf would be confirmed with him in like a villain duo sort of thing. O-o I'd rather it be Wolf and Krystal confirmed but Wolf and K.Roll was just a thought that crossed my mind and I was curious what you guys thought about it. x)

Btw, the leak looks REALLY fake and I doubt we'd see K.Roll confirmed before the ballot closes. xD

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
I'm a Krystal (and dixie) supporter on miiverse but I didn't "campaign." In the fox or falco thread.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkN3JTVfg
You cant say that all of us are like that. Most of the people are only campaigning because they just want their favorite character added to a game they believe should be added. I only "campaigned" in art academy x) but everyone else is doing it with their own character they voted for so it's not just Krystal. Daisy is constantly campaigned in the peach and rosalina support threads. I've seen Spyro campaigned in the mario, Luigi and bowser threads. Maybe the best solution is to avoid the Miiverse stage if it annoys you so much. :/ why must we get treated so negatively when we are the most innocent and reasonable Krystal fans there is? :L

@everyone Hey I had a thought. There's this "king k roll" leak going on which made me wonder if Wolf would be confirmed with him in like a villain duo sort of thing. O-o I'd rather it be Wolf and Krystal confirmed but Wolf and K.Roll was just a thought that crossed my mind and I was curious what you guys thought about it. x)

Btw, the leak looks REALLY fake and I doubt we'd see K.Roll confirmed before the ballot closes. xD
Welp I wasn't really referring to you guys specifically, but when I see these kind of unrelated, obtrusive advertisements, I can't help but complain. Being from the Fox community, I of course see Krystal posts the most.
But as you can see (as shown by Wolfheart way earlier), these not only covered the whole Fox/Falco community, but even to the other, completely unrelated character communities. Couldn't say I'm not annoyed enough.
Also for others that are campaigned on the Miiverse supports, yes I'm aware of that too, but when it comes to personal experience, I've only seen Krystal pictures flying around the community.

When you say "the best solution is to avoid going there", that seems a bit wrong. That is like "Worried about terrorists all over the street? Stay away from it". There is something that doesn't belong to somewhere in the first place, and the best solution is to not go to that place?

Btw, the KRool leaks are confirmed fake.

Top Bottom