• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Looking at the polls around here, do you guys think that the hatebase (that hates for no good reason mind you) will hold her back again?

I mean people at the fence might just say no because of them, its really annoying to go through and yet they turn around and say "you shouldnt hate other characters" hypocrites a bunch of em. Im just a little worried since thats whats holding her back, i mean if she had none she would be in by now and/or be top 3 for sure...
Bruh, top three are Wolf, King K. Rool, and Isaac. They cannot even be touched.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Looking at the polls around here, do you guys think that the hatebase (that hates for no good reason mind you) will hold her back again?

I mean people at the fence might just say no because of them, its really annoying to go through and yet they turn around and say "you shouldnt hate other characters" hypocrites a bunch of em. Im just a little worried since thats whats holding her back, i mean if she had none she would be in by now and/or be top 3 for sure...
There is no such thing as negative votes. Not only is Krystal's hate base smaller than it makes itself up to be, the only impact they can have on the Smash Ballot is by giving her supporters second thoughts.

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
Wolf will be DLC regardless of the ballot, just like Ryu or Lucas
But didn't Sakurai say that the rest of the DLC chars would be out of fan-service for the ballot? I don't think many people voted for Wolf earlier since they were so confident that he would make it in regardless of it (like with Lucas and Ginger Marth).

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
OK. So I'm not sure how much this is going to help us in our quest for Krystal getting added through the ballot.
But just today during Omni's new Smashified video there is a quick moment where the guy doing the 3D modeling part on Bomberman showed some texture files with certain names on them. These include, Isaac, Octoling = Inkling and finally Krystal Texture.

Now, the "Krystal" texture could just literally be a Crystal texture. If it was however, why call it "Krystal" instead of "Crystal"? Krystal getting Smashified could be a huge gain for us to show around the web as our new official support banner along with all the other groups that use Omni's work as their banner.

What do you all thing of this?

Also, last to to note. The person doing the 3D modeling is using the Maya program which just so happens to be the same program that has the best looking render of Krystal I have ever seen and I'm sure most of you all have seen as well.

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Don't let the hatebase get you down. They are just are minority. Do you really think Nintendo is going to listen to this minority and exclude Krystal as a playable character altogether? Because I don't.

OK. So I'm not sure how much this is going to help us in our quest for Krystal getting added through the ballot.
But just today during Omni's new Smashified video there is a quick moment where the guy doing the 3D modeling part on Bomberman showed some texture files with certain names on them. These include, Isaac, Octoling = Inkling and finally Krystal Texture.

Now, the "Krystal" texture could just literally be a Crystal texture. If it was however, why call it "Krystal" instead of "Crystal"? Krystal getting Smashified could be a huge gain for us to show around the web as our new official support banner along with all the other groups that use Omni's work as their banner.

What do you all thing of this?
I hope this is real. If it is, it means they are preparing to smashify Krystal later and that could benefit us not only for the support banners but also getting some people to realize her potential like how Rayman got a ton of supports after Omni's leak. I know this is just something to hope for though.

Last edited:

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
If Omni's group really is planning on doing a Smashified Krystal then I hope they do it soon because the end of voting for the Smash Ballot is not too far from now.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
I feel like Krystal will come after Isaac who is next unless they ****ing delay him AGAIN.
Isaac is also one of my most wanted newcomers so I'd be perfectly fine if they Smashified him first.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace

Hate base means nothing to smash, there isnt even that much on her or anyone, but regardless everyone that's either in or wanted has their opposers, Rosalina believe it or not gets a ton of hate from a good number of individuals, yet she still appeared anyway, and her inclusion pissed off those that were supporting Daisy. Lucina from what I understand also suffered this even before she was put in Smash, but she still showed up too.

In this situation, King K Rool, Isaac, and even Wolf have their hate along with anyone else that's talked about here, but it's not stopping their supporters. I'll be honest i'm heavily opposed to anyone that's indie because I fear of what would happen afterwards, not the reaction, but what potentially every indie developer will do afterwards. It'd be a disaster, worse than when you saw a ton of anime requests during Brawls developent, it's the very reason why Sakurai put miis in, because he wanted to contain them.

Soooo...this was screencapped during today's Smashified.
Brilliant

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Good to know it's on the agenda. When do you think we can expect this? October the 3rd feels like it's just around the corner.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
But didn't Sakurai say that the rest of the DLC chars would be out of fan-service for the ballot? I don't think many people voted for Wolf earlier since they were so confident that he would make it in regardless of it (like with Lucas and Ginger Marth).
Sakurai has gone back on his word before, like how there wasn't going to be any clones in SSB4 or how he said that he had no plans for premium DLC content.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
More characters that I think won't get in Smash:
Bayonetta: WAAAAAYYY too risque for Smash, this ain't Dead or Alive, you know.
Raiden: Um... OK?, Raiden could work but there are problems with his chances. 1). If Metal Gear gets a rep again, it is virtually guarenteed to be Snake. 2). Do we really need another swordsman?, 3). He still isn't liked that highly. 4). Only one rep per 3rd party series. 5). He never appeared on Nintendo consoles, His first two appearances were on PS2 and PS3 exclusive games, Rising was a PS3 and 360 title, and he was in PSASBR
Knuckles/Tails: Sonic is already repped in Smash, so yeah there you go, the only chance Knuckles, Tails, Eggman, or Shadow have is if Nintendo buys Sega
Toad: Sorry, NO JUST NO
Waluigi: Completely useless, and irrelevant within his own franchise, his fanbase is merely a vocal minority
Daisy: Peach clone
Bomberman: Okay, he might be unique, but he still is 3rd party.
Reggie Fils-Aime: A real person in Smash, No just no, NEXT!!!!
Sub-Zero/Scorpion: Would be too mature and require too much censorship

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Raiden: Um... OK?, Raiden could work but there are problems with his chances. 1). If Metal Gear gets a rep again, it is virtually guarenteed to be Snake. 2). Do we really need another swordsman?, 3). He still isn't liked that highly. 4). Only one rep per 3rd party series. 5). He never appeared on Nintendo consoles, His first two appearances were on PS2 and PS3 exclusive games, Rising was a PS3 and 360 title, and he was in PSASBR
Knuckles/Tails: Sonic is already repped in Smash, so yeah there you go, the only chance Knuckles, Tails, Eggman, or Shadow have is if Nintendo buys Sega
Waluigi: Completely useless, and irrelevant within his own franchise, his fanbase is merely a vocal minority
You could just talk about this in the character discussion thread instead of the Krystal thread you know.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Sorry just too angry because of the Bayonetta supporters, who refuse to realize that Bayonetta is too risqué for Smash, ZSS is enough
Let them support who they want. ALSO, ZSS IS NOT THAT ****ING REVEALING. Clearly, people who bring up **** that she's too sexy for Smash have never been to a ****ing beach. I've seen worse there. She's wearing shorts and a top (don't know what it technically is).

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Let them support who they want. ALSO, ZSS IS NOT THAT ****ING REVEALING. Clearly, people who bring up **** that she's too sexy for Smash have never been to a ****ing beach. I've seen worse there. She's wearing shorts and a top (don't know what it technically is).
I know ZSS is fine, I was just making a point. Seriously though Bayonetta is much more revealing, and her movesets in the games don't help at all. In short Bayonetta is way too sexy for Smash. Anyhow back to Krystal......

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Soooo...this was screencapped during today's Smashified.
Well then, that's promising. As long as it wasn't a troll move, it seems like they're working on her. Whether she'll be #11 or some point shortly after, we don't know yet, but as long as she's done within the next month and a half we can count on some raised support.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Hate base means nothing to smash, there isnt even that much on her or anyone, but regardless everyone that's either in or wanted has their opposers, Rosalina believe it or not gets a ton of hate from a good number of individuals, yet she still appeared anyway, and her inclusion pissed off those that were supporting Daisy. Lucina from what I understand also suffered this even before she was put in Smash, but she still showed up too.

In this situation, King K Rool, Isaac, and even Wolf have their hate along with anyone else that's talked about here, but it's not stopping their supporters. I'll be honest i'm heavily opposed to anyone that's indie because I fear of what would happen afterwards, not the reaction, but what potentially every indie developer will do afterwards. It'd be a disaster, worse than when you saw a ton of anime requests during Brawls developent, it's the very reason why Sakurai put miis in, because he wanted to contain them.

Brilliant
I agree. We will have always the group who hate on a character so it's becoming quite a trend. But apparently they fall in the minority and Nintendo does not care about it. I'm not that surprised at all. Should we let this minority stop us from getting Krystal in? Of course not. It's just making us strong and I feel the same way for the others who would like to have their favorite characters like Isaac(Golden Sun), King K. Rool or Wolf(even though he is a veteran at this point) in along with Krystal. As for that screenshot for the Smashified Krystal, that looks interesting and promising. Because at least it would create awareness around her and show to the community to why she would be in Smash. I hope that they get to her soon since the last day for the Smash ballot ends on October 3 of this year.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Perhaps trying to push them into doing her sooner would help, but how?
Here's how I see it. Artsy Omni is going to make whatever he pleases, whenever. He's not an e-celeb living off pre-roll ads and ramen noodles. I think our only option is to play the waiting game, and that's not looking too appealing. Once they've churned out Isaac, it could be another 3 weeks before we see a new reveal. By then, we're deep in September, so if it's not Krystal, we're going to be saying "gee, thanks for this awesome render that came after the event concluded!"

Do you trust Sakurai to add Krystal to Super Marketing Bros. 5 without a recent appearance? As a first party veteran with an avalanche of freshly minted sentimental mainers, she can leverage that all day and be in the mix for roster consideration no matter what. Lacking that status, it's going to be a bear to justify her inclusion when the next Smash comes around. Basically, anything that can spread awareness and generate buzz on a major level is of the utmost importance if we're being honest about the kind of competition out there. The truth is, Krystal isn't the only good remaining Nintendo character. She, like so many others, has thousands of fans submitting votes on every device they can get their hands on. Hijacking computer labs, borrowing uncle John's smartphone, doing everything they can to split themselves into 50 different people with the objective of convincing the powers that be that they are.

Ironically, I feel like we're also being led on and a number of candidates have already been decided for us. This entire ballot lacks transparency and feels dirty all the way around. I hope I'm being pessimistic in having said that and that this whole event doesn't turn out to be a fiasco that's just a public relations stunt doubling as cheap market research.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Here's how I see it. Artsy Omni is going to make whatever he pleases, whenever. He's not an e-celeb living off pre-roll ads and ramen noodles. I think our only option is to play the waiting game, and that's not looking too appealing. Once they've churned out Isaac, it could be another 3 weeks before we see a new reveal. By then, we're deep in September, so if it's not Krystal, we're going to be saying "gee, thanks for this awesome render that came after the event concluded!"

Do you trust Sakurai to add Krystal to Super Marketing Bros. 5 without a recent appearance? As a first party veteran with an avalanche of freshly minted sentimental mainers, she can leverage that all day and be in the mix for roster consideration no matter what. Lacking that status, it's going to be a bear to justify her inclusion when the next Smash comes around. Basically, anything that can spread awareness and generate buzz on a major level is of the utmost importance if we're being honest about the kind of competition out there. The truth is, Krystal isn't the only good remaining Nintendo character. She, like so many others, has thousands of fans submitting votes on every device they can get their hands on. Hijacking computer labs, borrowing uncle John's smartphone, doing everything they can to split themselves into 50 different people with the objective of convincing the powers that be that they are.

Ironically, I feel like we're also being led on and a number of candidates have already been decided for us. This entire ballot lacks transparency and feels dirty all the way around. I hope I'm being pessimistic in having said that and that this whole event doesn't turn out to be a fiasco that's just a public relations stunt doubling as cheap market research.
If it is a fiasco, Nintendo would be shooting themselves in the head, it would damage Nintendo's reputation to the point where they would never recover

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
On a different note, I saw this while going through some of the characters pages. Course it was a response to the main post. That guy's seems to be going after everyone.
MlWA771ORMMtPT3E1z (1).jpeg

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Not necessarily, he said future characters would be fanservice, Wolf and whoever that last pre-ballot character are most likely fall into this category. Plus they won't leave us with nothing except 2 N64 stages and tournament mode all the way till most likely next year
Sorry just too angry because of the Bayonetta supporters, who refuse to realize that Bayonetta is too risqué for Smash, ZSS is enough
She isn't though, her regular outfit is no more revealing than Samus' alt, There's a plethora of other reasons Bayonetta probably won't get in and her design isn't one of them

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
And then people ask why Krystal has such a hatebase. :rolleyes:
This won't make the fanbase look any better.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
At least I am not blindly hating on other characters, Bayonetta isn't a bad character, she just wouldn't fit in Smash, most of my reasons are perfectly legit. Bayonetta would need to be toned down a lot to fit in, and that could hurt her character, Snake didn't need that much toning down, he still was the same character from Metal Gear, just that he didn't use guns or smoke cigarettes

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
At least I am not blindly hating on other characters, Bayonetta isn't a bad character, she just wouldn't fit in Smash, most of my reasons are perfectly legit. Bayonetta would need to be toned down a lot to fit in, and that could hurt her character, Snake didn't need that much toning down, he still was the same character from Metal Gear, just that he didn't use guns or smoke cigarettes
"Completely useless"
Yeah, that's no blind hate at all.

"Peach Clone"
The ignorance hurts so bad.

"NO JUST NO"
Perfectly legit reason

"Sonic is already repped in Smash, so yeah there you go, the only chance Knuckles, Tails, Eggman, or Shadow have is if Nintendo buys Sega"
Or we learn from Ryu and forget the silly fan-rule "One rep per series"

"but he still is 3rd party."
Just like Sonic, Pac-Man, Ryu, Mega Man and Snake.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
"Completely useless"
Yeah, that's no blind hate at all.

"Peach Clone"
The ignorance hurts so bad.

"NO JUST NO"
Perfectly legit reason

"Sonic is already repped in Smash, so yeah there you go, the only chance Knuckles, Tails, Eggman, or Shadow have is if Nintendo buys Sega"
Or we learn from Ryu and forget the silly fan-rule "One rep per series"

"but he still is 3rd party."
Just like Sonic, Pac-Man, Ryu, Mega Man and Snake.
Waluigi is completely useless, he only appears in the Sports, Kart, and Party games, he has never appeared in a Mario title that people actually care about. Daisy should be nothing more than an alternate costume, Toad would just run around screaming.
There really should be limits on 3rd parties. I mean 8 is too many 3rd parties, hell 5 is even pushing it

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Waluigi is completely useless, he only appears in the Sports, Kart, and Party games, he has never appeared in a Mario title that people actually care about. Daisy should be nothing more than an alternate costume, Toad would just run around screaming.
There really should be limits on 3rd parties. I mean 8 is too many 3rd parties, hell 5 is even pushing it
1. All three each appear in more games "people care about" than your whole top 10 together.

2. Yay opinions without actual arguments!
Daisy is as much as a Peach clone than Rosalina.

3. Like Little Mac can only punch right?
He has more than enough moveset potential from his dozens of appearances.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Ian, if you feel the need to vent about characters you don't feel have a chance, this thread isn't the place to do it.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Funny you mention it, the image I posted not too long ago, that same guy did a piece on Bowser and someone tried using a similar argument on Krystal. I'm not saying it's you, but like how a few people and even the guy himself said, next to no one cares because Smash isnt about a characters credentials.

Rosalina is about as useless as nearly every Nintendo girl in existence, yet she still got in anyway, and yet some will argue her guidance is enough to justify it, which can also be said about Palutena, Peach, and Zelda as they do the very same thing, which by the way Krystal did too by not just granting Fox the ability to use the staff properly, but she guided him to where she is and help her.

Last edited:

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
[
Every character is a valid candidate for smash. Saying some characters would be useless or wouldn't have any type of moves is kind of a bad argument when you think about some of the characters that are already in the games. Plus that's just stupid hate, I mean come on, we constantly dread and wonder why Krystal is hated for no good reason, and then suddenly someone goes and says something like this.

Ct. Falcon has a completely made up move set and he's only been seen driving a futuristic race car (apparently he's also a bounty hunter, but I've never seen him hunting bandits or anything).
Wii Fit Trainer is probably the most bizarre. She is just basically a pale manikin who guides you in wii fit when doing yoga and stuff. Yet she still fits well in smash and is quite silly even.
Little Mac only punches, but he has been implemented well, making him feel powerful and fast. Even though his attacks are quite "lame" compared to other characters, he still works well and is fun to play.
Duck hunt dog also is a great combination of old NES zapper mini games. Only thing we thought about that dog was that he's an ***hole who just laughs at you if you fail to shoot ducks, yet in smash he has a brilliant move set that really fits.

Even though I only want Krystal in smash and don't really care for a lot of the other characters that people like, for example Isaac from golden sun has 0% interest for me, because I've never played golden sun and he just seems like another fire emblem character (not saying he is, just that he seems like one to me, even though he most likely isn't). I still don't think that Isaac shouldn't be in smash, just because I don't like or care for him. I know a lot of people do and they have good reasons for it.
I can easily think of a move set for waluigi combining lot of mario sports games and even mario party, he would most likely fit well in smash. That being said, I really don't want him, because I don't care for him, but I still can understand why some people would want him.

Disliking a character or not wanting someone in smash is fine, but random hate and saying "*insert character her* has no potential for move set" is just dumb.

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
There are still two left over files from Roy and Ryu's leak

Dark_Pit

Smash Cadet
Oh please, like the rest of the fanbases are perfect.

I've seen way worse on other threads, and even the king K supporters have a troll on gamefaqs. Please do not let one bad egg paint out how the rest of us are :rolleyes: Now are you here to just troll because having seen you thats all you do? even if its not intentional its sort of passive. You dont see us bashing other characters, its just ian.

Anyway thanks for the responses guys, but seriously what i meant about the pointless hatebase is that they COULD take some on the fence supporters to their side, but maybe i was being to pessimistic, thanks again for the morale boost.
Bruh, top three are Wolf, King K. Rool, and Isaac. They cannot even be touched.
I meant if she had no hate whatsoever like those three, she could have been at least top 3 if she had that luxury.

Last edited:
Top Bottom