• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Okay. Something is up.

And it's not Wolf.

No Wolf makes sense. He wasn't part of the Orbital Gate attack.

Krystal was though and if they're going so far to include ROB 64 then why not do the same for Krystal? She was a member of Star Fox during the attack.
Krystal is excommunicated from the series, probably. Never mind her trophy in Smash 3DS or codec appearance in Lylat Cruise.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I was a bit incorrect.

Wolf was a part of that mission as well.

So yeah... No idea why they aren't there.

Captain Hazama

Smash Ace
I can understand Wolf in a sense. Like what Swampasuar said, Wolf wasn't apart of the Orbital Gate attack. But Krystal? She was! Is Krystal going to be the next Fara Phoneix?

EDIT: I pulled up wiki... Wolf was in there.... oops

Last edited:

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Unless there's something they're not telling us
Y'know, I speculated about that before these people got the Wii U version. I said Krystal wouldn't appear because her model could have been higher quality than Slippy and Peppy--which would have been a dead give-a-way to her being in as a playable character.

However, there aren't any extra transferable characters on the Wii U version! It's thrown out the window!

I can understand Wolf in a sense. Like what Swampasuar, Wolf wasn't apart of the Orbital Gate attack. But Krystal? She was! Is Krystal going to be the next Fara Phoneix?
BINGO. (about Krystal being written out, that is.)

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Y'know, I speculated about that before these people got the Wii U version. I said Krystal wouldn't appear because her model could have been higher quality than Slippy and Peppy--which would have been a dead give-a-way to her being in as a playable character.

However, there aren't any extra transferable characters on the Wii U version! It's thrown out the window!
Unless she's planned for DLC and has been for a while

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Unless she's planned for DLC and has been for a while
We shall see.

I was a bit incorrect.

Wolf was a part of that mission as well.

So yeah... No idea why they aren't there.
They essentially used the Star Fox 64 cast in a Star Fox: Assault stage. That is telling me that they're planning on using the Star Fox 64 cast (as well as their voices) for Star Fox Wii U. Just like the E3 demo showed.

Sakurai said that it's the Star Fox team's REENACTMENT of the Orbital Gate Defense. It's a REENACTMENT with the CURRENT Star Fox team, not the team that was there during the mission.

It's improper representation. There is NO OTHER WAY you can construe it.

One of two things:

Either Nintendo found an intelligent way to write Krystal out, or they're SERIOUSLY TESTING OUR ****ING LIMITS.

Nintendo:

As for Wolf, I have no idea. Maybe Wolf is gonna be written out too, and Star Fox will be going up against giant robots instead? No rivals anymore too! How does that sound?

Last edited:

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
The way I see it, there is a reason why Zelda and Star Fox did not get much content, what if Sakurai was saving the content for DLC, doesn't that sound like something Sakurai would do.

But he sees potential in Wii Fit Trainer, Dark Pit, and Duck Hunt, As well as a failed NES peripheral??!! K Rool, I can understand, but Krystal having no potential??!!, even though there are weapons from Assault and her Staff, Either Sakurai is not the game design genius we think he is, or something is off, instead of fan favorite characters like Issac or Krystal, we get the f%*$#!% Wii Fit Trainer and Duck Hunt Dog, WTF Sakurai, stop with the whimsical characters and characters that would make sense in Smash
Well, with what you said of Zelda and Starfox not getting any new content and could be uses for DLC, I'm with you there. Besides, since we're getting a new Starfox and Zelda game for the Wii U, it would be logical to do that to help promote those two since Nintendo is making a big deal out of this. That's why Krystal and Impa would be the perfecto choices for DLC newcomers.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace

"Yes... Of course...

It was all coming down to this all along...

It all makes sense now..."

It makes sense for the Orbital Gate stage codecs to be a reenactment of the mission from Star Fox Assault. It's just been the CURRENT Star Fox team's REENACTMENT of the Assault mission all along... Nothing more...

Ladies and Gentlemen, behold! The CURRENT STAR FOX TEAM! A.K.A. The team that WILL APPEAR FOR STAR FOX WII U!

I mean COME ON! THIS IS RICH!

Beltino Toad and Wolf don't make appearances either! It was one of the most engaging missions written on Star Fox Assault, and what do they do? WHAT DO THEY DO?!

THEY BUTCHER THE REPRESENTATION!

HA HA HA HA HA!!!...

Last edited:

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Why in God's name is Krystal or Star Wolf not in those dialogues? Especially since the stage is based off of Assault, not 64.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Why in God's name is Krystal or Star Wolf not in those dialogues? Especially since the stage is based off of Assault, not 64.
I've already answered that with these posts:

They essentially used the Star Fox 64 cast in a Star Fox: Assault stage. That is telling me that they're planning on using the Star Fox 64 cast (as well as their voices) for Star Fox Wii U. Just like the E3 demo showed.

Sakurai said that it's the Star Fox team's REENACTMENT of the Orbital Gate Defense. It's a REENACTMENT with the CURRENT Star Fox team, not the team that was there during the mission.

It's improper representation. There is NO OTHER WAY you can construe it.

One of two things:

Either Nintendo found an intelligent way to write Krystal out, or they're SERIOUSLY TESTING OUR ****ING LIMITS.

Nintendo:

As for Wolf, I have no idea. Maybe Wolf is gonna be written out too, and Star Fox will be going up against giant robots instead? No rivals anymore too! How does that sound?

"Yes... Of course...

It was all coming down to this all along...

It all makes sense now..."

It makes sense for the Orbital Gate stage codecs to be a reenactment of the mission from Star Fox Assault. It's just been the CURRENT Star Fox team's REENACTMENT of the Assault mission all along... Nothing more...

Ladies and Gentlemen, behold! The CURRENT STAR FOX TEAM! A.K.A. The team that WILL APPEAR FOR STAR FOX WII U!

When Miyamoto stated he's taking the franchise in a different direction, based off his interviews, he's serious.

Last edited:

DeNice

Smash Cadet
NNID
DeNice1776
3DS FC
2509-1398-2342
Ok, just caught the GameXplain codec video... and now I'm completely freaking confused... I kept on wondering just why in the world there were only three Arwings on that Orbital Gate stage at a time, and now I'm beginning to feel my worst thoughts may be realized. TheRandomCities4 just may be right. Since Nintendo's gearing towards possibly rewriting the Star Fox franchise with the new U game (since it was never spoken that it would be a straight sequel... It could very well be yet another grand remastering of 64 for all we know...), they may just be cutting back to the original 64 team of Peppy, Slippy, Falco, ROB64 and Fox all across the board whenever they reference the team now, leaving Krystal in the dust. Why reference Krystal at all in a trophy on 3DS if you're not even going to let her at least come back during the codecs, and in the major Star Fox game she was noticeable in no less? Yeah, they 'acknowledge' her still, but apparently don't want anything major to do with her anymore besides being a footnote. It's also probably the explanation as to why Wolf (and his team) are no where to be found even though they had a big part in that particular part of Assault assisting Star Fox and the Cornerian army; Wolf's team is drastically different from 64 (the classic 4 mercenaries) to Assault (only 3 members, Andrew and Pigma leaving and Panther being added), as well as their motives. Just omitting Star Wolf altogether is less of a hassle rather than to lead on to speculating fans about which version of the team is going to be expected come the Wii U game. Still it bites for both Wolf and Krystal supporters. They can overload the deck with Mario (justified), PokeMon (also justified) and Kid Icarus (...well, it is Sakurai's pet project so whatever...), but this is supposed to be a Nintendo crossover and in 4 it's obvious the other original franchises that made up the original 64 game aren't getting the same amount of love. Definitely a step back from Brawl as far as roster. Here's hoping for DLC outside of MewTwo. (Besides, I really wanted Krystal in to complete my personal 'Team Blue' [Sonic, Mega Man, Lucina, Krystal])

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I seriously doubt this orbital gate thing is any bad news, if anything it's making her and wolf more likely.

And all these people saying that there is even a chance Krystal won't be in the new StarFox game? They need to grow up, there's no way in hell Krystal will ever miss a StarFox game.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
And all these people saying that there is even a chance Krystal won't be in the new StarFox game? They need to grow up, there's no way in hell Krystal will ever miss a StarFox game.
You might not want to jinx it by saying that.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
I'm sensing in the near future, a lot of pissed off Star Fox fans for the Star Fox Wii U game if what you say is true TheRandomCities4. Hopefully it means possible DLC for both Krystal and Wolf in the near future.

In the past, I've constantly defended possibility and speculation because Smash 4 was before the fact. However, everything I ever speculated about for Smash 4 in this thread was proven false. This thread is riddled with the documentation for your reference.

I've decided to cut the bull****. Now that the game is after the fact, I'm defending the evidence we have.

. . .

Ironically enough, the evidence I just linked was in front of us for a long time now. Of course, at the time, no one would have suspected that it potentially referenced the current development for Star Fox. We were all pretty much drunk on speculation...

After all...

Smash Brothers tends to represent franchises from their most recent appearance. Yes, even Duck Hunt follows this pattern. His most recent appearance before Sm4sh was back in the old NES days.

We can't say that Star Fox: Command has no representation either. Fox and Falco's fighter designs are based off of Command. There's also a new song that includes "Missile Slip Stream", which is from Command.

However, we all know that Command isn't the most recent Star Fox game. Star Fox 64 3D is. From this, I suppose it makes sense to have the cast from Star Fox 64 3D represent an Assault stage--as twisted and maniacal as that may seem. It would certainly explain Krystal's absence without hinting towards her as DLC as well, because she wasn't in Star Fox 64 3D.

At any rate...

It all comes down to the evidence, especially now that the game is almost out. We had nothing to go off of at the time, other than what we were given. With what we were given, we were led to speculate about things unknown, such as Krystal's chances of being in Sm4sh. They spoon fed us little tidbits of information at a time.

Evidence really has been everything. For instance, when Sakurai said "both rosters would be the same in both versions", he was telling the truth. I assumed he might have been using deceptive wording on the possibility that Wii U transferable characters would still satiate what he said. And it would have, with a marketing flourish.

I was foolish to assume Nintendo was that resourceful... I was foolish to assume the unexpected.

Which reminds me...

Why are people assuming we will even have any DLC characters beyond Mewtwo? We have no evidence that suggests this. I have a feeling the hype got to everyone's head. Without evidence that there will be more characters, I refuse to believe in DLC. It needs to be said from Nintendo's mouth.

In the 50 Fact Extravaganza, they only said that Mewtwo will be a free download to those who buy both versions. They never said anything about additional characters.

For that matter, they never even clarified what Mewtwo's position would be if you only own one version of Sm4sh. Lots of people are assuming you'll be able to purchase him for that one version that you own. How can we be so sure?

Sure, you could argue that many recent Nintendo games have been receiving multiple characters as DLC.

However...

That doesn't reduce the fact that it's still an assumption.

I seriously doubt this orbital gate thing is any bad news, if anything it's making her and wolf more likely.

I said the same thing a while back. I said it would have been too obvious if they included Krystal and if she were to have a higher quality model than Slippy and Peppy. It would have been her fighter model. It's much the same way with Fox and Falco; their models are already higher quality than Slippy and Peppy's. It's like comparing a fighter model to a trophy model.

At the time, I was ecstatic. You can go back and see for yourself--though I'm sure you remember. I was ecstatic about the idea of Krystal not appearing because of the possibility of Wii U transferable characters.

But...

As one of the original theorists of the idea of transferable characters, I handed down its verdict upon revelation of the recent video that was made private. It showed that Duck Hunt was truly the final unlockable character on the Wii U version, following with the all-too-familiar message:

"Congratulations, you've unlocked all the fighters!"

The verdict of the theory?

"Not Guilty."

Are you sure you want to suggest this? Where's the evidence? All that I have found points to the exact opposite conclusion.

You'd be wise not to let any potential biases cloud your judgement. Nintendo may have a sort-of sound track record when we look at Krystal's appearances throughout Star Fox, but that doesn't mean they can't write her out.

I'm not saying that I support it though. I'm asking for evidence.

I'm also asking for clarity from Nintendo. However, they profit off the notion of leaving their fans in the dark.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love it how people were sharing condolences with us back when Krystal was "disconfirmed" as a character due to the old trophy leak. Of course, as it stands, she's no longer disconfirmed, she's just completely unknown. This is speaking for Smash.

I wonder...

Would they be able to share condolences if Krystal was completely written out of the series? Probably not! They've probably never faced such a daunting possibility!

Oh the irony! To imagine Krystal's fate could very well extend beyond Smash Brothers! Hah!

. . .

And yet...

If you really want to know...

I do have an explanation for Krystal's absence if she truly is DLC. However, this would require the unusual Star Fox 64 3D representation of the Orbital Gate Stage to be strictly related to Star Fox 64 3D, and not Star Fox Wii U.

If this is the case, her absence doesn't hurt her chances even in light of this evidence.

However, the major draw-back is the massive lack of Star Fox: Adventures representation in Smash Brothers. In fact, there's nothing in Smash Brothers that has ever represented Star Fox: Adventures.

Though...

It could be argued that Krystal and her staff would be the perfect thing to fill the gap in Star Fox representation.

It's a dreadful shame that not many people see this...

But...

I've already said that I refuse to support speculation, from now on.

I'll let you guys entertain this idea, if you wish.

Last edited:

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Krystal has too big of a fanbase for Nintendo to ignore all so rudely, so I'm not really jinxing anything.
I agree with you. If they wanted to killed her off, Nintendo would have done that long ago. Besides, it boggles me that the player wasn't using Fox or Falco in the stage. I was expecting them to use their secret taunts. Anyway, I still think that from what I'm seeing, she could be DLC after all and returning for Starfox Wii U. Because Nintendo knows she has a huge fanbase which would be foolish to write her off like that.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I agree with you. If they wanted to killed her off, Nintendo would have done that long ago.
Wait... Pardon me for not being all that familiar with Star Fox, but when was her last appearance in a game again?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Star Fox: Command. 2006. 8 years ago.
So, after such a long time, can we really be sure that she hasn't been killed off?

Mind you, I'm not saying that she has been, nor do I support the idea, but the possibility exists.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So, after such a long time, can we really be sure that she hasn't been killed off?

Mind you, I'm not saying that she has been, nor do I support the idea, but the possibility exists.
To be perfectly fair.

That was the last Star Fox game that wasn't a remake.

TheSpitefulWolf

Smash Journeyman
Krystal's chances are dead, doods. Prolly Wolf as well, since not only did his moves get cannibalized by the other spacies, but also no mention of them in the standalone game or here.

But hey, we got Mewtwo! Surely he's not some has-been! /sarc

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Krystal's chances are dead, doods. Prolly Wolf as well, since not only did his moves get cannibalized by the other spacies, but also no mention of them in the standalone game or here.

But hey, we got Mewtwo! Surely he's not some has-been! /sarc
Wolf is still quite likely and Krystal's chances haven't been affected really.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
OBJECTION RANDOMCITIES!
Ahem...now yes where in a really bad position however we do need to know who is working on the game and well guys platinum games is (people who made bayo 2) so I don't think they would leave her out really.
Now onto the codecs.
First notice how wolf isn't there this is a huge red flag since wolf has always been a noticeable star fox villain so it wouldn't make sense to remove him out of the series.
Also kyrstal still has a chance as dlc so this kinda boosted the chances up a bit so final point.

Krystal wont be removed from the series and both wolf and her will likely be dlc for ssb4 next year.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Maybe they couldn't get Krystal's voice actor. Although, Peppy sounded like he had a different voice. They probably would have given Krystal a different voice as well.

Yeah, that's really disturbing...

well at least Sakurai included Krystal as a Trophy.

DeNice

Smash Cadet
NNID
DeNice1776
3DS FC
2509-1398-2342
I personally just feel as if we shouldn't post as if we're absolutely sure about what may happen to Krystal's (and Wolf's) fate, both in Smash and in Star Fox U. It's dangerous to talk as if we know if Nintendo is going to treat the franchise in a good way compared to others. It just sets up as a recipe for disappointment in the long run if things go the wrong way. We can only make predictions realistically at the moment. All we can do is just play the waiting game until either the door actually closes for real or more details about Smash's options on DLC are made available. I'm gonna remain hopeful about Krystal until the true end, but at the same time I'm gonna be keeping the facts in front of me and not let my hopes get too big. I've already been crushed for hoping for too much before.... (*cough*KarinKanzukiinStreetFighter4orStreetFighterxTekken*cough*)

Last edited:

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
OBJECTION RANDOMCITIES!
Ahem...now yes where in a really bad position however we do need to know who is working on the game and well guys platinum games is (people who made bayo 2) so I don't think they would leave her out really.
I'm a bit confused with what you're trying to get across here.

There's no evidence that Platinum Games is working on Star Fox Wii U. Miyamoto stated he's reaching out for companies to help him on the development, and that's it.

I fail to see the counter-evidence. This seems to be speculation, at the moment.

Now onto the codecs.
First notice how wolf isn't there this is a huge red flag since wolf has always been a noticeable star fox villain so it wouldn't make sense to remove him out of the series.
My small post on Wolf was a joke, actually. I was caught up in the hysteria of the silly codecs on the Orbital Gate stage at the time.

Also kyrstal still has a chance as dlc so this kinda boosted the chances up a bit so final point.

Krystal wont be removed from the series and both wolf and her will likely be dlc for ssb4 next year.
I understand she has a chance as DLC. I'm not debating that. I highlighted the evidence that could point to her being completely neglected, and even written out of the series.

Currently, there's no evidence that suggests that Krystal will come back. That's all I was pointing out.

However, I'm not saying "she won't come back." I was arguing on the side of evidence.

I also edited the large post with Kristoph Gavin from the Phoenix Wright series. I suggest you read it if you haven't seen the edit yet.

This is why I'd wish Nintendo was more up and front about what they were doing, and not leaving us in the dark. I just want to know where these characters stand already. This is also part of the reason why I don't want to speculate anymore. I keep finding myself disappointed. :/

Last edited:

TheSpitefulWolf

Smash Journeyman
Wolf is still quite likely and Krystal's chances haven't been affected really.
Wolf is MIA from the codecs in Gate Assault even though he was there during the actual game. Star Fox's 're-enactment' be dashed. Unless Star Wolf got written out just like Krystal did.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Wolf is MIA from the codecs in Gate Assault even though he was there during the actual game. Star Fox's 're-enactment' be dashed. Unless Star Wolf got written out just like Krystal did.
We don't have evidence that states Krystal was completely written out either.

I argued on the evidence to where it could point out that she was written out.

Dang it! This is why Nintendo should come clean of what they have planned. We could use clarity a lot more now than ever.

Last edited:

Captain Hazama

Smash Ace
Maybe they couldn't get Krystal's voice actor. Although, Peppy sounded like he had a different voice. They probably would have given Krystal a different voice as well.

Yeah, that's really disturbing...

well at least Sakurai included Krystal as a Trophy.
Alésia Glidewell, who's voice as Krystal, is in the 3DS credits. She does Knuckle Joe again, and she does ZSS

Last edited:

TheSpitefulWolf

Smash Journeyman
We don't have evidence that states Krystal was completely written out either.

I argued on the evidence to where it could point out that she was written out.

Dang it! This is why Nintendo should come clean of what they have planned. We could use clarity a lot more now than ever.
No codecs, no VA, not even a mention save for the trophies and the one Star Wolf track. I'd say pack it in, we're done.

Also, can explain the lack of Chorus Kids despite Sneaky Spirits now. Didn't Wario and the Rhythm Heaven crew cross paths at some point? Could be some obscure Warioware ref.

FAKE EDIT: Alésia Glidewell does ZSS too.

Last edited:

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Alésia Glidewell, who's voice as Krystal, is in the 3DS credits.
She voices Zero Suit Samus.

No codecs, no VA, not even a mention save for the trophies and the one Star Wolf track. I'd say pack it in, we're done.

Also, can explain the lack of Chorus Kids despite Sneaky Spirits now. Didn't Wario and the Rhythm Heaven crew cross paths at some point? Could be some obscure Warioware ref.

FAKE EDIT: Alésia Glidewell does ZSS too.
You're right about those points.

However, I fail to see how that suggests she was written out of the series.

What I pointed out earlier, in combination with the truth that Smash tends to represent franchises as they recently appear, only could point to her being written out.

I'm not going to cling to speculation. I'm going to defend evidence as it pours in.

Truthfully, the only way to confirm if Krystal was written out is if she was shown to not appear in the new Star Fox game.

In addition, Miyamoto, or someone official, would need to explain that "Krystal was written out". Otherwise, there would be people who say "oh she didn't appear in the new game, but that doesn't mean she was written out."

Evidence is more sound than speculation, but evidence does not always point to the conclusion. It's all I have to cling to, thanks to Nintendo's lack of clarity.

Last edited:

TheSpitefulWolf

Smash Journeyman
She voices Zero Suit Samus.

You're right about those points.

However, I fail to see how that suggests she was written out of the series.

What I pointed out earlier, in combination with the truth that Smash tends to represent franchises as they recently appear, only could point to her being written out.

I'm not going to cling to speculation. I'm going to defend evidence as it pours in.

Truthfully, the only way to confirm if Krystal was written out is if she was shown to not appear in the new Star Fox game.

In addition, Miyamoto, or someone official, would need to explain that "Krystal was written out". Otherwise, there would be people who say "oh she didn't appear in the new game, but that doesn't mean she was written out."

Evidence is more sound than speculation, but evidence does not always point to the conclusion.
Gotta admit evidence ain't pointing positively.

Also, no mention of further DLC and remember for each DLC they might need to make an Amiibo and they're expensive to build. Smash is gonna be the flagship for Amiibo, and I'm positive with incredibly rare exception every last character's getting a figure. If DLC follows the same policy, I wouldn't be surprised if Mewtwo is all they're running with.

Top Bottom