• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Well no offense to Ridley but atleast where still In limbo about krystals fate. But I feel sorry for them since we have helped them in the past. But atleast the mewto fans got there wish.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Ah yes, these familiar waters...

It feels great to back on the 'ol sea again, don't it?

There was a lot discussed in the 10-member group (due to my limitations on invitations) since September 13th (740+ posts!). If any discussion passes some of those topics, I'll try to fill you guys in with what we might have discussed.

Otherwise, onward to DLC, I say! Full steam ahead!

...Of course, staying within reason.

"You can hurt... Hurt me bad..."

"...But still I raise the flag!"

Last edited:

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
Lol however I wonder why they didnt show her....dlc....eh I don't want to speculate
Was wondering the same thing. I was on the edge of my seat wanting to see what she said this time.. Wouldn't it be nice that one of the comments she says something that directly suggests that she's coming as dlc? ^^ This game would be more than perfect for me if she and Dixie Kong made it.. x)

I hope those of you that registered the 3ds version told Nintendo that you wanted Krystal so they'll see it xD I know I did. x) I'd be back to unsatistfied if Mewtwo was the only dlc character even thoush he was one of my mains before.. They almost HAVE to have a dlc Star Fox character for around Star Fox is being advertised.. even if they're voices is off. ;-; and I'm hoping it's Krystal rather than Wolf.. Imagine Wolf going back to his original voice..:eek:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
We're back baby, Krystal will probably be DLC, with the MewTwo announcement, that made me reconsider and made me realize that Krystal might still be payable in Smash after aall, even if she is DLC,we MewTwo was a brilliant move by Nintendo

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
We're back baby, Krystal will probably be DLC, with the MewTwo announcement, that made me reconsider and made me realize that Krystal might still be payable in Smash after aall, even if she is DLC,we MewTwo was a brilliant move by Nintendo
I know right?! I almost wanna shove it in everyone's face whenever I brought up dlc people kept shooting me down. xD I just wish they said Mewtwo AND MORE that way we know that we can speculate. :/ I finially got used to Fox's voice and how to use him.. x) Just hope Mewtwo isn't too different cause I liked his original moveset. :) Now I gotta draw a new Krystal dlc pic xD

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Remember that they showed Fox and Falco, and they also seemingly didn't show Wolf. (Although perhaps Wolf's team may not show up in any form in the codecs)

It's probably just coincidental. I would say the new SF stage, new game, and cutting of Wolf are the things that really help Krystal's chances. (I also doubt Wolf will come back as DLC)

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Nothing is against Krystal.

Mewtwo proves that those with trophies have a chance to become DLC.

Here is to our Telepathic Fox Lady!

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Remember that they showed Fox and Falco, and they also seemingly didn't show Wolf. (Although perhaps Wolf's team may not show up in any form in the codecs)

It's probably just coincidental. I would say the new SF stage, new game, and cutting of Wolf are the things that really help Krystal's chances. (I also doubt Wolf will come back as DLC)
I agree

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
You want to know what I think?

It's possible that if Krystal is DLC, she'd be released within a time frame to promote Star Fox Wii U's release. Perhaps Nintendo would even be dirty enough to make it an early requirement to buy Star Fox Wii U in order to get Krystal for Smash. At least for the first two months or so. Kinda like early access, assuming you bought Star Fox Wii U.

Who knows?

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
You want to know what I think?

It's possible that if Krystal is DLC, she'd be released within a time frame to promote Star Fox Wii U's release. Perhaps Nintendo would even be dirty enough to make it an early requirement to buy Star Fox Wii U in order to get Krystal for Smash. At least for the first two months or so. Kinda like early access, assuming you bought Star Fox Wii U.

Who knows?
Dirty?!! That's actually brilliant marketing, that kind of marketing could boost SF: Wii U sales, and considering MewTwo was brilliantly marketed , that's very likely

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
After today's Nintendo Direct and the surprise of Mewtwo returning it sure has been an interesting day. I've been going over the new footage in my head all day since it aired and came to realization. I noticed that they failed to mention what could be transfered over from the Wii U version to the 3DS version. Also the fact that there are more characters available to play as in the starting roster really caught my attention and I'll tell you why.

Seeing as there're is going to be more characters available at the start there could be more hidden characters in the Wii U version. I believe they through us a bone with Ridley and Mewtwo, so they could keep us in the dark about these other hidden characters until the Wii U version is finally in our hands. Perhaps Krystal is playable and Sakurai just wants us to squirm a bit more untill the Wii U version comes out who knows. This is all I have to say for now, but I will keep a close eye on Sakurai as new information surfaces.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
DLC imo will be popular characters, and marketing characters. No Wii Fits this time around (WTF for the sake of WTF)

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I was wondering if they were going to reopen the boards after Mewtwo's reveal. :p

Glad they did. I was busy with college so I didn't have that much time to come on the discussion and the group.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
You kidding me? I'm glad that the Mewtwo fans are finally getting him back. Now I feel bad for the Metroid fans since Ridley is somewhat playable. But the only way to do it is to play it on the Pyrosphere stage and have him fight on your side. Anyway as for DLC, I don't think that Mewtwo is going to be the only DLC character that we're going to get and this opens for more DLC characters whether it is for veteran or newcomer and this increases some good chances for Krystal to finally be playable even is she is DLC. Let's pray that this goes through and we need to prove that the Krystal fanbase will remain strong no matter what happens and the same for the other fans like from the DK series who want to see either Dixie Kong or King K. Rool also make it in as DLC.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I wouldn't be surprised if Krystal or Wolf were DLC at this point, though I'd rank Wolf less likely due to Fox already having his specials as custom moves.

Mewtwo and another Star Fox rep would knock Duck Hunt Doge and ROB down a row which would then give the single reps their own row (suggesting the single reps could get two more characters if the clones are knocked down to the bottom row). For the rest of the grid to be filled out, 3 more DLC characters after Mewtwo would have to happen. Very interesting times we're living in now.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I wouldn't be surprised if Krystal or Wolf were DLC at this point, though I'd rank Wolf less likely due to Fox already having his specials as custom moves.
Watch Slippy be the first non-clone SF character. Sakurai better not...

Mewtwo, Krystal, Dixie, and Impa. These would be my guesses for four DLC characters.

Last edited:

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Watch Slippy be the first non-clone SF character. Sakurai better not...

Mewtwo, Krystal, Dixie, and Impa. These would be my guesses for four DLC characters.
I think those would be a great selection of DLC. My heart would want to include Isaac on that list, however...

I'm not so sure that Isaac could be used as DLC to promote something, save for his popularity alone. Even then...

Krystal could be used alongside the new Star Fox game, and Impa could be used for the new Zelda game. We already have Mewtwo from both Smash games as promotional DLC.

That leaves Dixie. We got Tropical Freeze earlier this year, and I can't think of another opportunity to market Dixie as DLC alongside something. Hmm... It's puzzling. Dixie could be standalone DLC, not to be used for an early acces promotion to a game, or whatever.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So trophies don't matter since Mewtwo already has one. I think Wolf would return before Krystal gets in but it's there. This ride isn't going to stop any time soon.

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
ArcaneKitsune actually made a good point.. o.o What if there IS unlockable characters that can be sent to the 3ds.. then I feel like Dixie, Isaac, Impa, Lucas, Bandana Dee, Charlie, and Wolf could be the unlockables and then characters like Krystal, King K. Roll, Wonder Red etc could be DLC.. o.o But that direct would've been the time to confirm something like that imo.. O.o

Last edited:

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Anyways with smash 4 for Wii u on the horizon I wouldn't mind starting a type of erm podcast for us cerinians but eh its just an idea. But anyways I'll get the 2 ds version eventually :/ but I'm glad we have this forum re opened

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think the best shot Krystal has is if she plays a role in SF Wii U and Nintendo wants to do some Smash-related cross-promotion.

DANICK

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0619-4467-3811
She is a trophy, but mewtwo was a trophy too and he will become a DLC character, she still have a chance

About Rydley I dunno, maybe he get's upgraded to playable character in the future

Who Knows?

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
She is a trophy, but mewtwo was a trophy too and he will become a DLC character, she still have a chance

About Rydley I dunno, maybe he get's upgraded to playable character in the future

Who Knows?
Well, didn't Miyamoto say 2015 is the Year of StarFox? If so, Sakurai would play along since it is Nintendo unlike right now's Year of Sonic. Even announcing there's gonna be Wolf and Krystal DLC will do

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Krystal's pretty much guaranteed to play a role in StarFox Wii U, so I'm not worried about that.
I think she will, but I don't see how it's hardly guaranteed. Ninty likes doing things their own way, which has never included Krystal, so I could see them going back to the original team, especially with Miyamoto working on the game. Following Rare's DK games Nintendo still removed Diddy from theirs, so you never know.

Until we get some information I think it's a bit too early to be guaranteeing much of anything.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I think she will, but I don't see how it's hardly guaranteed. Ninty likes doing things their own way, which has never included Krystal, so I could see them going back to the original team, especially with Miyamoto working on the game. Following Rare's DK games Nintendo still removed Diddy from theirs, so you never know.

Until we get some information I think it's a bit too early to be guaranteeing much of anything.
If Krystal has a big fanbase, then I highly doubt that Miyamoto would dissapoint them by any means.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If Krystal has a big fanbase, then I highly doubt that Miyamoto would dissapoint them by any means.
Diddy had a bigger fanbase than Krystal ever did, and they didn't include him.

I'm not saying she won't be included, but we can't assume she will be either.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
i'm sure that smash 4 will get some kind of star fox smash character.Mainly due to miyamoto.I'm sure if he just asked for a character sakurai would put one in.Hopefully he does it for krystal( and slippy to some extant)

Last edited by a moderator:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Until you actually have a reason to believe she's not playable, just assume she is. If Ninty really didn't like her she wouldn't have been in adventures in the first place. There's literally no reason to think there will be a reboot. I suppose they could write her out.. but why assume she has a better chance of being written out? Because some people want her to be? Because it's been said enough you go with it?

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Until you actually have a reason to believe she's not playable, just assume she is. If Ninty really didn't like her she wouldn't have been in adventures in the first place. There's literally no reason to think there will be a reboot. I suppose they could write her out.. but why assume she has a better chance of being written out? Because some people want her to be? Because it's been said enough you go with it?
That's exactly what I was saying, If Nintendo wanted her out of the series, they would have retconned her after Adventures or after Assault

Top Bottom