• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
R.O.B in Brawl? I just cannot see that happening. Same goes for Bonk, hes dead as far as video games go.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
R.O.B in Brawl? I just cannot see that happening. Same goes for Bonk, hes dead as far as video games go.
Bonk isn't dead. He's just in a coma, on the brink of death. His games are among the most downloaded on the virtual console.

It's not him. It might be based off him somewhat, but seeing as Sakurai pointed out that it isn't particularly based on a single castle/game, it'd be odd to then include a specific character from a certain game.
Good point.

Well, the Falchion itself appears in both FE1 and FE3, seeing as they are both centered on Marth. There is also a sword in FE4 that looks similar to it called the Tyfring, used by Sigurd and Celice. The other legendary swords are a bit different in design, but follow the pattern of only being used by the main lord of the game, so you could probably say they are the Falchion in spirit.
Interesting....

True, it did regard Angel Land as Pit's hometurf, so the fact that the stage represents the whole of the FE world and not just Ike. I wasn't in much doubt that we'd get a 2nd FE rep though, seeing as it already had 2 in melee.

I'm interested in what's in the underground though. Curse Sakurai for being enigmatic as always ><
Indeed. And how do you get from the underground back to the top of the castle? Mysteries, mysteries. This might be my favorite stage yet (though it's difficult to decide between Castle seige, Smashville and Lylat Cruise).

Shuma

Smash Hero
The Underground seems to have Lava, i bet there will be a Dragon/Demon in the background.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Wow. It's been a while since this thread was so active.
It's always active! ;)

I'm beginning to suspect that Sakurai regrets the inclusion of clones in Melee, and is now opting for a smaller, more unique roster. I had hoped that he ould go the clone route myself (more characters=more choice=more fun) but that's just how I see it.
Actually, I've changed my mind, and I now doubt that a 2nd F-Zeri character will be included. I'm begining to see that too, but there is still hope. Clones wil lbe the last characters revealed, so there is still hope. My bet is Ike was choosen first as a original character, and not having any clones. We might not see Luigi for a while actually, and same goes for Wolf/Falco. Maybe we'll see a few newcomer clones arriving around late September or October as such.

I might update my character predictions to 6 clones, cuting Lucas, the 2nd F-Zero character, and maybe someone else. I actually think the acutal roster could be my roster, give or take Geno, no 2nd F-Zero character, Lucas either way, and maybe Balloon Fight or Mach Rider [maybe Little Mac]. It's all just guesses, but now I am confused. After a few character confirmations [2 or 3], I'll be sure to have thought of a good character prediction list that I think is accurate.

BTW Wiseguy, how many characters do you think will be in Brawl=??? [ie; 42, 43-46, etc.]

Hey, post em here by all means. It's always enjoyable to see a cool moveset.
HEHE, I'll have to make more in the future. I smell Megaman coming....

Olimar would be a challenge to balance properly, no doubt. But Sakurai strikes me as the kind of guy who likes a challenge. Olimar would singlhandedly increase the awesomeness of Smash Bros five fold. I can't imagine how he could NOT be in Brawl.
He made Ike original, and IC [fairly] balanced, so why not Olimar=???

Symphonia is tied with Path of Radiance and Dragon Quest VIII as my favorite RPG ever. Your moveset makes me think that Sheena would work splendidly in Smash Bros, though I'm still partial to Lloyd myself. I can't WAIT for the sequel! :chuckle:
Is there going to be a sequal=??? That would rock! But FF VI is the best RPG ever, gotta love the story, gameplay, and depth. Once I get around to beat SMRPG, FF IV, and Chrono Trigger [or start playing them more, I also need to beat FF VI] then I'll have probably played like 4 of the best RPGs ever. Then maybe I'll go for FF 7-12....4 and 5 if I can find a [English] ROM.

That's just about exactly how I envision WW Young Link's moveset. Great job, JK.
TYVM! :grin:

Seriously JK, quit reading my mind! ;) This moveset would be perfect for Diddy. I'm no fan of DK 64, but Diddy's abilities in that game lend themselves extremely well to a Smash moveset.
I loved DK64, but DKC 2 was by far the best DK game [well, with DKC1 right there, and DKC3 was a bit behind]. It's based off all the games, really [minus Diddy Kong Racing, but that goes without saying] and a moveset for all the DK games Diddy would be awsome! *takes off brain reading device* :grin:

Waluigi COULD work,certainly. But while your moveset is well conceived, nothing in it sees all that unique or interesting. That's not a dis towoards your moveset, it's just reflective of the character. Waluigi has a ton of personality, but since his appearances have been limited to Sports and Party games, there isn't much to draw from. I think Sakurai will hold off on including Waluigi in Braw until he appears in a game that's part of the Mario series cannon (ie: a platformer or RPG with a story) but in the mean time, he stands an excellent chance of being an Assist Trophy or a stage hazzard.
I see a AT for Waluigi, and in SSB4 he'll be a PC, for sure! :) He could even be the Wario of SS4, where everyone is mad afterwards he wasn't in the game (like 3-5 years later).

Thanks! I know pretty much every expected his inclusion, but it's still great to see the main character of one of my all time favorite RPGs in full Brawl-ified form. Ike is basically tied with Snake, at the moment, as my favorite newcomer. Seriously, how am I ever going to choose a main?
Ennie menie minie moo! Or be like me, plan on having 3 to 5 mains [Link, WW Link, Fox, maybe Falco and Wolf!] :grin:

My guess is that Meta is an unlockable character, which would explain why he and Snake haven't recieved updates. I expect that we'll see the entire starting lineup before Sakurai moves on to the unloackables.
Maybe we'll get the unlockable characters last=??? Just a thought.

Now that Sakurai seems to have mvoed on to ACTUAL newcomers, my guess is that Olimar won't be far behind. I can't wait. :chuckle:[?QUOTE]

My guess is he is aiming at the big 1st/2nd party character [fanbases]. Diddy Kong will follow soon, I'm almost positive. Maybe not Ridley or King Dedede, since both their series have two respected representatives already. Lucario could very well sneak in as well....and I'll win my "Who's buying who Brawl" bet! :grin: Anyone want to bet SM Galaxy that Luigi, Peach, or Diddy Kong will be in Brawl=??? :grin:

If Marth were returning, one would assume that he would be revealed first - since he has seniority. Since Ike was revealed first, I'd say that Marth's chances are about 15%.
Sakurai is aiming at Brawl hopefuls, to give the site and fans a big BANG! heard round' the world. Marth's chances 15%, c'mon he's all but guarenteed. With Ike confirmed, no one else is half as important to the series. Not to mention more want him back then not, he was the most desired character in Japan by a large margin in Melee, and his roll and Ike's are the biggest in the series, I see no reason for his removal.

That doesn't mean Roy or Black Knight are finished, it means they have one spot to coop with lost. So those two are going to fight brutally for that last spot...both as clones. Roy as Marth's, and Black Knight as Ike's, though Black Knight could also be a original character, so that gives him a advantage. I don't see any other FE character having much chance at all.

Looks like that hasn't happened. I think Ike has replaced Marth as the resident young, srawny FE lord with a big sword.
Then why waste your time making a entirely new moveset=??? He could just take his own moveset, plus Ike's got more range, power, is slower attacking, and is slower running speed. If anything, Marth is the total opposite, having only decent range and power, fast attacks, and fast running speed. They are basically opposites. BTW, doesn't the cel-shaded to realistic looks wierd=??? I think it is....

Also, since Marth has light blue haird, while Ike has dark blue hair, I see Marth's hair being lighter if he returns. That is almost for sure if he returns, along maybe with a slightly diffrent look.

I think you're jumping the gun a bit. "Warning! Challenger Approaching!" May be a phrase we associate with unlocking secret characters, but when you think about it it doesn't really mean anything. This is the first new character announced in over a year, so I think the wording is just Sakurai's way of getting people excited.
If I see Diddy Kong, I think I'll be in heaven [without dying! XD]! :) *hears angels singing halleleuah in the background* Same goes [but a lot less likely] when WW Link is confirmed [I'm pretty sure he's in, and when he's confirmed, expect my first post to be all smiles, and tons of pictures of WW Link! :) SAme goes [but to a leser extent] with Megaman. :)

I'm tired....5:15, that Ike update got my sleep schedule all wierd. C'ya all later!

-Johnkight1 [aka ~His Knightlyness Himself~}

NukeA6

Smash Master
Yup, I'm actually amazed. Ike may be a replacement for Marth. Just look at his sword. No doubt it does the most damage by the tip. It's obvious. Though, Marth can always have his sword behave a different way.

BTW, I hope the FE characters aren't just from one game. I'd like some variety.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Actually, from the shape of the sword it looks like the damage would peak right before the tip. It's kinda like where Roy's sweetspot should've been, allowing him to make use of his range, but giving him a little leeway on his spacing.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Indeed. And how do you get from the underground back to the top of the castle? Mysteries, mysteries. This might be my favorite stage yet (though it's difficult to decide between Castle seige, Smashville and Lylat Cruise).
Well, it could be like Rumble falls which seems to stop when it reaches the top, so maybe the castle siege stage reaches the bottom and stays there. Otherwise, you'll probably get transported to the top by dark magic or something.

Also, some people in the stage thread cleared up the last screenshot a little, and it looks like an underground lava cavern, so maybe there'll be a dragon down there or two, seeing as they appear quite frequently throughout the series.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
The Underground seems to have Lava, i bet there will be a Dragon/Demon in the background.
Cool! Like Gandalf's famous scene in Lord of the Rings!

"YOU.... SHALL NOT.... PASS!!!"

Actually, I've changed my mind, and I now doubt that a 2nd F-Zeri character will be included. I'm begining to see that too, but there is still hope. Clones wil lbe the last characters revealed, so there is still hope. My bet is Ike was choosen first as a original character, and not having any clones. We might not see Luigi for a while actually, and same goes for Wolf/Falco. Maybe we'll see a few newcomer clones arriving around late September or October as such.

I might update my character predictions to 6 clones, cuting Lucas, the 2nd F-Zero character, and maybe someone else. I actually think the acutal roster could be my roster, give or take Geno, no 2nd F-Zero character, Lucas either way, and maybe Balloon Fight or Mach Rider [maybe Little Mac]. It's all just guesses, but now I am confused. After a few character confirmations [2 or 3], I'll be sure to have thought of a good character prediction list that I think is accurate.

BTW Wiseguy, how many characters do you think will be in Brawl=??? [ie; 42, 43-46, etc.]
My guess is around 35. Hopefully we'll see as many as 40.

Maybe we'll get the unlockable characters last=??? Just a thought.
Makes sense.

My guess is he is aiming at the big 1st/2nd party character [fanbases]. Diddy Kong will follow soon, I'm almost positive. Maybe not Ridley or King Dedede, since both their series have two respected representatives already. Lucario could very well sneak in as well....and I'll win my "Who's buying who Brawl" bet! :grin: Anyone want to bet SM Galaxy that Luigi, Peach, or Diddy Kong will be in Brawl=??? :grin:
Diddy does make sense. My character update predictions:

1) Captain Falcon

2) Diddy Kong

3) Olimar

4) ????

Sakurai is aiming at Brawl hopefuls, to give the site and fans a big BANG! heard round' the world. Marth's chances 15%, c'mon he's all but guarenteed. With Ike confirmed, no one else is half as important to the series. Not to mention more want him back then not, he was the most desired character in Japan by a large margin in Melee, and his roll and Ike's are the biggest in the series, I see no reason for his removal.

That doesn't mean Roy or Black Knight are finished, it means they have one spot to coop with lost. So those two are going to fight brutally for that last spot...both as clones. Roy as Marth's, and Black Knight as Ike's, though Black Knight could also be a original character, so that gives him a advantage. I don't see any other FE character having much chance at all.
If Marth isn't cut, then why wasn't he revealed before Ike? Marth is the veteran, so conventional logic would indicate that he would be revealed first.

Then why waste your time making a entirely new moveset=??? He could just take his own moveset, plus Ike's got more range, power, is slower attacking, and is slower running speed. If anything, Marth is the total opposite, having only decent range and power, fast attacks, and fast running speed. They are basically opposites. BTW, doesn't the cel-shaded to realistic looks wierd=??? I think it is....

Also, since Marth has light blue haird, while Ike has dark blue hair, I see Marth's hair being lighter if he returns. That is almost for sure if he returns, along maybe with a slightly diffrent look.
Why make a new moveset? Becuase Marth's moveset was unbalanced. And besides, whi says Ike's moveset will be completely new? Perhaps they just reworked the Marth/Roy moveset and put a unique spin on it with some new sword slashes.

Besides, Ike looks VERY similar to Marth. Not only in hair colour, but in stature, outfit and facial features.

Yup, I'm actually amazed. Ike may be a replacement for Marth. Just look at his sword. No doubt it does the most damage by the tip. It's obvious. Though, Marth can always have his sword behave a different way.

BTW, I hope the FE characters aren't just from one game. I'd like some variety.
Actually, from the shape of the sword it looks like the damage would peak right before the tip. It's kinda like where Roy's sweetspot should've been, allowing him to make use of his range, but giving him a little leeway on his spacing.
Marth's sweetspot was at the tip. Roy's was in the middle. ;)
It's too early to tell, but I would imagine that Ike will be a mish-mash off both Marth and Roy's characteristics.

Well, it could be like Rumble falls which seems to stop when it reaches the top, so maybe the castle siege stage reaches the bottom and stays there. Otherwise, you'll probably get transported to the top by dark magic or something.

Also, some people in the stage thread cleared up the last screenshot a little, and it looks like an underground lava cavern, so maybe there'll be a dragon down there or two, seeing as they appear quite frequently throughout the series.
Some sort of magical teloportation seems likely.

As for what's at the bottom of the cavern, it MUST be pretty spectacular if Sakurai is keeping it hidden. A dragon pit would be a great choice.

Archyp Cosh

Smash Rookie
If Marth isn't cut, then why wasn't he revealed before Ike? Marth is the veteran, so conventional logic would indicate that he would be revealed first.
There's always the off-chance that Marth is still a "secret" character. I guess unlockable would be a better term but there you have it.

Also, and an interesting possible wrench to throw in the proceedings, what may be happening is that Ike was chosen as a starter for FE due to his international fanbase and double recent game status (plus he's kind of an advertisement for GoD in the US). However, assuming they decide to do 3 Fire Emblem characters, which is entirely possible considering its 10 game (soon to be 4 international) roster, what's to say Marth won't be included as the Japanese favourite? I would imagine that they'd pick one of the old-school FE people and a GBA FE character honestly; after all, what better way to add one of the disliked in Japan FE characters than placate them with their favourite FE character overall? Marth is almost a shoe-in for old-school, though apparently Sigurd has a chance as well. However...

Besides, Ike looks VERY similar to Marth. Not only in hair colour, but in stature, outfit and facial features.
Yeah, that's definitely true. I wonder if that makes Sigurd a more likely candidate...

Black Knight style teleport powder perhaps?

As for what's at the bottom of the cavern, it MUST be pretty spectacular if Sakurai is keeping it hidden. A dragon pit would be a great choice.
That OR he's just messing with us again. He sure likes to do that.

Dang, I was hoping for Marth as an AT for today's update. I probably would have laughed a bit too hard. Still, better than being kept in the dark?

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Compared to Ike, Marth looks even more completely gay with a Tiara whereas Ike has that BAD@$$ Headband on. Plus I am guranteed that Ike's stance and taunt will be way better than Marths. Ike is just more Bad@$$. Nothing to Marth, I used to main him for like a day or two but you guy's know it.

PS- Ikes hair style reminds me of Roy.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Marth's sweetspot was at the tip. Roy's was in the middle. ;)
Yes, but it would've been more suitable for Roy's sweetspot to be further up the blade. That middle sweetspot keeps him from making full use of what his sword was intended to give him. Range. The point of having a sword is to out range your opponent. Marth did that quite nicely, but Roy doesn't get that advantage. I'm hoping they fix that with Ike.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Well, I think I've found my favorite stage released so far. I can see myself fighting at the FE castle for many a battle.

As for Marth, nothing at this point constitutes as substantial enough evidence to dictate a return or the boot. If anyone were to say otherwise, it'd merely be guess-work.

Roy . . . well . . . yeah. He's probably gone. He has no unique moveset to rely on, no real importance to the series, and no one that really cares if he comes back or not.

On Ike, he looks like a freakin' beast (by comparison), and I'm most likely going to give this guy a whirl. Maybe I'll even drop Link for him. Can't say that I'd stop maining Bowser for the guy though.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Here's a list of who has been introduced and when:

May
Week One: Link, Mario, Pit

June
Week Two: None
Week Three: Pikachu, Kirby
Week Four: Fox, Samus
Week Five: Wario
Week Six: Zelda

July
Week Seven: Bowser
Week Eight: Donkey Kong
Week Nine: Zero Suit Samus
Week Ten: Yoshi

August
Week Eleven: Ike
Week Twelve: ?
Week Thirteen: ?
Week Fourteen: ?
Week Fifteen: ?

So far there has been no discernable pattern regarding the newcomers (thanks a lot for messing it up, Ike!), aside from one of the '06 Trailer Five being announced each month, currently on the interval of one every four weeks. Maybe we'll get MK in two weeks' time...

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
i think now that he is releasing new characters, he will start with the starters. i think diddy kong, and maybe 1-2 more will be anounced in these next few weeks, and then in a notice he will give us the starting character selection screen.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Indeed. I'd love to see Captain Falcon in Brawl graphics. Peach as well.

I get the feeling Ganondorf is gonna be a secret character. :-?
Agreed on all counts, especially the latter two. The one default character that I've wanted to see since the website began was Peach. And Ganondorf will undoubtedly be a secret character this time around as well.

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
Agreed on all counts, especially the latter two. The one default character that I've wanted to see since the website began was Peach. And Ganondorf will undoubtedly be a secret character this time around as well.
Yup, now we are two.

I only very curious for two things:

Is there WWLink, Midna and Zant? (I want to see 'em!)
What third parties are in?

W00W Tolkien Did know Ganon's Final Smash!

Cool! Like Gandalf's famous scene in Lord of the Rings!

"YOU.... SHALL NOT.... PASS!!!"

Copperpot

Smash Ace
It's weird, but ever since the Ike update, I've had a reestablished sense of giddy-ness about me. Seriously, if Brawl sees much more fantastic content, I'm not going to know what to do with myself come December 3rd.

I mean, how many characters can a single person possibly main? I'm going on three already, and we very-well may only know less than half the roster at this point. Ratio-wise, the unlockable characters to starters in Melee was roughly 1.1:1. If this stays somewhat consistent in Brawl (and even moreso if Sakurai ups the amount of starters on the roster), we'll be looking at somewhere between 12-20 hidden characters.

Okay, let's look at the (supposed) starters announced so far:

-Mario
-Link
-Bowser
-Pit
-Samus
-Kirby
-Pikachu
-Yoshi
-DK
-Fox
-Ike
-Wario
-Zelda

That's larger than the starter list was for Melee, already. Now, who else is most likely going to be a starter?

-Peach
-Captain Falcon
-Ness or Lucas

That brings the starter list up to at least fifteen. So, going by the ratio from Melee, we can expect a roster of at least 31-32 characters at this point; however, I'm a firm believer of the fact that Sakurai (now that he has the time) is going to up this ratio a bit in order to give the roster more diversity. This leads us to a roster that will actually be pretty close to Wiseguy's projected forty character list, unless Sakurai keeps giving bio after bio and boons this theory.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
The more, the merrier!

I feel the same way about Ike. Something about him sent a spark through me, that made me REALLY excited for this game...

And... seeing that sword... makes... me want... to have... :gulp:... Ganondorf... haveaswordTHEREISAIDIT!!!

:runs away:

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
Man this topic moves fast. Last time I posted here this topic was like a little less then 2/3 the size it is now.

I don't see how Ike de-confirmed Marth. As for the "why wasn't Marth shown first?" argument, well there could be a number of answers to that. Who says Sakurai had to show what we believe to be the most important character to a series first? I strongly believe we, as a community, act like we know far more then what we really do. In case it hasn't been noticed for awhile now, Sakurai likes to mind game us. Just when we think we have it all figured out, he goes and pulls a fast one. How many people thought the castle was related to FE: PoR before today's update? We may figure out some stuff, but that doesn't mean we have everything figured out.

The way I see it at this point, there seems to be a lack of solid proof for Marth's status of returning or not.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I remember people saying the castle stage was FE's a while ago.

Still, it's true... Sakurai likes to surprise us, and I don't think Ike deconfirmed Marth.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I still don't think Marth will return. He was in one FE game 17 years ago and he was only in SSBM to boost sales of the newer FEs.
The thing is is that a lot of people like him now, and they would be very disappointed if he didn't return.

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
Yes, people have been correct about that castle being a FE stage, I thought the same thing was well. On the other hand, not quite correct about it being from FE: PoR.

Actually, Marth was in two FE games, the first and the third one. As for boosting sales of future FE games (actually, just one, the sixth one), I guess you got Roy mistaken for that.

Also, why is date much of an argument? Before retro characters get brought up, how do we know Sakurai won't think the same for non-retro characters?

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
The more, the merrier!

I feel the same way about Ike. Something about him sent a spark through me, that made me REALLY excited for this game...

And... seeing that sword... makes... me want... to have... :gulp:... Ganondorf... haveaswordTHEREISAIDIT!!!

:runs away:
Do not be ashamed! Ganon had a zwiehander in Melee's victory pose screen, and had a sword in Twilight Princess, so it would only make sense! I fully support a bladed Ganon!

Viroxor

Smash Ace
The predictions in this thread (excluding Wiseguy's predictions themselves) have become increasingly more sensible since Ike's announcement. Was there something really important there that I missed.

To Wiseguy: I wasn't insulting your list, I just said some of the other predictions were a little out there at first. I still want Falco back, though. It would take a Chinese water torture to purge me of that.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
Possibly. But then, conventional logic also dictates that Sakurai would've revealed other non-newcomer starters before Ike (where's the earthbound or F-Zero rep?) So it's possible that Sakurai isn't following conventional wisdom, either just because he's unconventional or because he likes to keep the fans on their toes.

Of course, it's also possible that Marth isn't the Fire Emblem starter. He might be unlockable, just like in Melee. Perhaps Ike is the FE starter, since as a recent and world-wide lord he'd have better recognition?

So that's two options right there. Either Ike is the starter this time around, or Sakurai is crazy. Or quite possibly both.

Why make a new moveset? Becuase Marth's moveset was unbalanced. And besides, whi says Ike's moveset will be completely new? Perhaps they just reworked the Marth/Roy moveset and put a unique spin on it with some new sword slashes.
Now, I'm no game designer, but I know enough of them to know that, between asset creation and asset balancing, it's far, FAR, almost incomparably far easier to balance something that already exists than to create something new, or even something only slightly different. So I KNOW they wouldn't replace Marth's moveset for balancing reasons alone. I mean, if Sakurai is cutting characters to save time for new movsets, why on earth would he waste time re-creating what he already has?

It's not what they LOOK like, it's how they move. From what little I can see of him, Ike seems to move all wrong to be like Marth. He carries himself wrong.

Oh pleasepleaseplease let there be a dragon.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I don't think "they look alike" is a very valid argument.

I mean, look at Mario and Luigi!

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
...Okay, I hate to be the bringer of bad news, Wisey, but I feel I should take this into your attention, as the president f the Sheik Haters club.

Recently, it was brought to my attention that, in this interview, Aonuma says this:

Aonuma: I’ve been working with Sakurai for a very long time with this new Smash Bros., because the Wii came out and when discussion for a new Smash Bros. took place nobody could think of anyone other than Sakurai working on it. He was kind of the default, and I was very happy to hear that he would be working on it. Actually, my designers did work on the designs for Sheik and Link and Ganondorf. So they submitted the initial designs, and so it would fit in the Smash Bros. Brawl environment, they’ve had to tweak some of the designs. But Sakurai has brought those altered designs to NCL. We’re working very closely with the team of Smash Bros. Brawl to make sure the characters look their best.
...so, while it doesn't confirm him/her/it/potatom, it looks like Sheik's chances kinda skyrocketed, if the SSB team were already given a working design and model. Sorry to be the herald of bad news, man.

Top Bottom