• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
More and more, I'm liking the idea of Ridley for Brawl. In some way shape or form. Not sold as a character yet, but not opposed.

Also, I know this is off topic, but could I get a rate on my new sig? I'm trying a new style. :-D
How can you not love Ridley!? Since this is the third time I've hear this in a week (just in this thread) I'll say it now.

ATTENTION: (This goes for everyone) If you have any questions or any concerns about Ridley's inclusion in Brawl, come to the Ridley thread. The extremists kind people there will straighten you out in no time. Srsly, everyone that has come there has left an avid Ridley supporter.

And ODIN, though I'm not one to judge by any means, the symbonite Spidey sig owns (unless that's Venom, in that case, it's even better). I like the Gravity Suit Samus sig the most. Yes, I lurk around the critique topic.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
How can you not love Ridley!? Since this is the third time I've hear this in a week (just in this thread) I'll say it now.

ATTENTION: (This goes for everyone) If you have any questions or any concerns about Ridley's inclusion in Brawl, come to the Ridley thread. The extremists kind people there will straighten you out in no time. Srsly, everyone that has come there has left an avid Ridley supporter.

And ODIN, though I'm not one to judge by any means, the symbonite Spidey sig owns (unless that's Venom, in that case, it's even better). I like the Gravity Suit Samus sig the most. Yes, I lurk around the critique topic.
It's symbiote Spidey, ya lurker. ;) Thanks though, I appreciate the critques.

@ODIN:

No Final Smash?
DOH!! >_< Let me go fix that. I'm at work, so I was kinda rushed. I gotta make some more edits to it later as well.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
You're right Copperpot, I completly forgot. T_T I'm a horrible Chrono Trigger fan!! :sobs:

That's very true though. But for a long portion of the game, Magus was the appearant villian, rather than Lavos. ;)

Aurora, eh? I don't think you're to far from where I am. Should smash someday. Sorry for being off topic, but yeah. ;)
*Pat Pat* It's okay, Odin. I only remember it all because I just finished playing through the game again. I am, however, a much bigger advocate of Crono than Magus. Technically, I'm a Frog fan, but none of them will get in before Crono. Add to that the very, very slim odds of there being two Chrono Trigger characters, and, well it's either Crono or bust.

He would be one hell of a character though, and I would definately main him if he were in.

Another thing I just had in mind: I would think that the fact that Crono and cast (and Geno, since we're talking Square here) haven't been used in recent games helps them more than some are willing to believe. From a business standpoint, Square becoming 'numb' to these characters (they have no intention of using these characters in future games) could make them much more accessible to Sakurai.

Thanks for your comments on the moveset. I know it's a fat chance in hell that Dante would make it, but I think his style and potential would be fun. A DMC on the Wii would be marvelous. :-D I might try a couple more potential movesets later, like Diddy and Dixie, as much as people are opposed to that, but I figure I can try, right? May as well try an Isaac and Magus and Crono set too (unless those have been done).

Man, I love this thread. :-D
I look forward to the Chrono set. He should be pretty easy to make, seeing that Chrono Trigger has pretty much every move you could want built right in. :D

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
*Pat Pat* It's okay, Odin. I only remember it all because I just finished playing through the game again. I am, however, a much bigger advocate of Crono than Magus. Technically, I'm a Frog fan, but none of them will get in before Crono. Add to that the very, very slim odds of there being two Chrono Trigger characters, and, well it's either Crono or bust.

He would be one hell of a character though, and I would definately main him if he were in.

Another thing I just had in mind: I would think that the fact that Crono and cast (and Geno, since we're talking Square here) haven't been used in recent games helps them more than some are willing to believe. From a business standpoint, Square becoming 'numb' to these characters (they have no intention of using these characters in future games) could make them much more accessible to Sakurai.
That's very true. However, with the remake of FF4 for the DS, this opens up another window for us old school square fans. I'm hopin for Chrono Trigger (fat chance. :( ) and FF6.

I'm also a fan of Geno, but not a BIG fan of Geno. Still, I'd love to see him in Brawl.

I look forward to the Crono set. He should be pretty easy to make, seeing that Chrono Trigger has pretty much every move you could want built right in. :D
This comment leads me to believe my moveset didn't suck that much. :-D Or not suck enough to where people look forward to my next one. :chuckle::p

Yeah, that should be an easy moveset. I'm trying to avoid using to many similiar moves from existing SSB characters. Example:

I changed Dante's Fsmash to the "bat swing" from a move that was more or less exactly like Link's Fsmash. Differences in the swing, but it had the same handling.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Vagrant Lustoid's First-Ever Brawl Roster - Tempered Somewhat By Reality and Essentially Clone-Free

Super Mario Brothers [5]:
1. Mario – The mascot and the perfectly balanced fighter. Confirmed.
2. Luigi – Brother to the mascot, another great fighter, with excellent potential for a new moveset with recent games, removing his clone status.
3. Peach – Yeah, she has Toads. Confirmed.
4. Bowser – One of the hardest hitters of the Smash world. Confirmed.
5. Bowser Jr. – Incredible potential, but no transformation to Dark Mario, since I’m already technically over the 40 character limit I set if I count Zamus.

Legend of Zelda [4]:
1. Link – Sure, why the hell not? Confirmed.
2. Zelda – Confirmed, and looking a hell of a lot better than before. With a new magic set and no Sheik, she could be half decent without being broken.
3. Ganondorf – He’s the ultimate Zelda villain, so he’s gotta be here. The TP version, I would expect, with his sword. And perhaps a Pig Ganon Final Smash.
4. Imp Midna – Definitely has enough abilities to create a fun moveset. I’d prefer her with Wolf Link, but hey, maybe that’s hoping for too much.

Pokemon [4]:
1. Pikachu – Eh, I suppose. Though he’s really more of an anime character at this point. Confirmed.
2. Jigglypuff – Don’t really want her, but she’s here to fill Pokemon slots.
3. Mewtwo – Again, not really a fan of any Pokemon in Smash. But if we have any, a bad-*** psychic would be fine. I hope he’s improved over the Melee version.
4. Trainer – Hate me if you want, but I really dislike Pokemon being in Smash in general, since they really don’t have personality and there’s far too many of them. So a Trainer could possibly work, with an interesting moveset too.

Metroid [3]:
1. Samus/Zamus – She’s confirmed in both modes. And really, who doesn’t love Samus?
2. Ridley – Ah, the eternal rival, and a proponent of aerial combat, which I believe is something Sakurai wanted to work more of into SSB. A long history, enough moves for a great moveset, there’s no real reason he shouldn’t appear.
3. Dark Samus – Eh, I’m trying to keep the list clone-free, so Phazon Prime Samus whatever-the-hell-it-is would have an entirely new moveset based on the Phazon stuff.

Kirby [3]:
1. Kirby – He’s everybody’s favourite lovable marshmallow. Let’s hope he gets buffed somewhat for Brawl. Confirmed.
2. Metaknight – The fap-character of choice for Brawl n00bs at the moment. But he’s honestly pretty sweet-looking. Confirmed.
3. King Dedede – Kirby’s biggest enemy, highest ranked on the Sakurai poll, a game being directed by Sakurai, and other Kirby characters are already showing up? All but confirmed.

Starfox [3]:
1. Fox – Sure, I suppose. As long as he gets tempered slightly, I don’t care. Confirmed.
2. Falco – Tough choice here, but in the end I figured you could probably give Falco a more original moveset than Wolf, and since I’m aiming for no-clones, Falco it is.
3. Krystal – Really not fond of Krystal, and would prefer it if she wasn’t in Brawl, but Starfox needs more representatives. And she’s a female, which Sakurai wants.

Donkey Kong [3]:
1. Donkey Kong – The big furry monkey is back and looking sleeker than ever. Confirmed.
2. Diddy Kong – Yeah, I’m an advocate. Peanut guns, barrel jetpack, cartwheels, an atomic guitar solo, what’s not to want?
3. K.Rool – Some hate him, some love him. I simply think the DK franchise needs more representation, as do villains. But I’ll admit, there are enough variations to make an awesome moveset.

Fire Emblem [2]:
1. Ike – Ike appears to be the popular choice for potential FE characters in Brawl. I say, sure, I guess.
2. Black Knight – Eh, it comes down to this guy or Marth. And I’m all for new characters. Though if we end up with sword-wielding Ganondorf, I fear Black Knight might be too similar, and that a reworked Marth might grace us instead.

Other Franchises [7]:
1. Wario – A motorcycle. Wario just became freaking awesome. Confirmed.
2. Captain Falcon – He’s a Smash classic, and F-Zero deserves a degree of representation. Besides, Smash has also made Falcon immeasurably cool.
3. Yoshi – It appears that Yoshi’s been ramped up for Brawl, and not before time. Confirmed.
4. Isaac – This Golden Sun protagonist, with his psynergy talents and espers, could make a rather interesting addition. Perhaps he and Trainer would be too similar, but then again, Isaac has magic, while Trainer has rocks and a fishing rod.
5. Lucas – Sakurai commented at some point about wanting to replace Ness with a new Earthbound/MOTHER character. And MOTHER 3 has now been released. I expect to see a new model with a slightly tweaked Ness moveset.
6. Captain Olimar – Potentially one of the most awesome Brawl movesets could be derived from this little fellow and his army of Pikmin. It has to happen. Srsly.
7. Mr Resetti – To be honest, not a great fan of Animal Crossing, haven’t had the time to play it properly. But there seems to be a general opinion that Animal Crossing requires some representation, and with Nook as a background character, well, Resetti could well do it. And a digging moveset. Now, if there’s not potential there, I don’t know where else it could be.

Retro Characters [3]:
1. Pit – The Kid bursts forth in a somewhat unexpected, but much appreciated, revival. Confirmed.
2. Mr. Game & Watch – He’s just far too awesome, and still so original. However, Balloon Fighter could just as easily take this spot.
3. Mach Rider – Earlier in this thread was a Mach moveset that let me see how awesome he could really be. But with Wario’s chopper and Falcon being the hardman racer, his chances are perhaps lower than I’d like.

Third Party Characters [3]:
1. Solid Snake – Seriously, I love Snake. So very much. But I still can’t get over him being in Brawl, of all people. Confirmed. Oh, and I <3 the box.
2. Sonic the Hedgehog – I’ll be honest, I’m not fond of Sonic, and I don’t want to see him in Brawl. But being the most popularly requested third-party, and given Sega’s good relations with Nintendo now, I fear he’ll make an appearance.
3. Simon Belmont – The Smash world needs more vampire slayers. Especially ones like Simon Belmont. However, I’ll say that I’d like to see him use a variety of weapons other than swords. Axes, maces and whips, amongst his more iconic weapons.

Total: 40

Characters I Would Love To See But Hold Little to No Hope For, Or Simply Couldn’t Fit in a 40-Character Roster:

1. Kefka – This would be one of my top choices for a coveted third-party slot. FFVI was a masterpiece for the SNES, and with Black Mage showing up in other Nintendo games recently, I can only hope. Besides, a lunatic clown with immense magical powers fits the Smash universe near perfectly.
2. Banjo & Kazooie – These guys are still icons of Nintendo, curse it all, despite the fact that Rare claims their souls and appears happy to let them fade to obscurity. Provided plenty of moves in their own games, it’s just a shame Microsoft would have to be insane to let Nintendo use these guys.
3. Viewtiful Joe – The third of my real favourites for the third-party slots, I think Viewtiful Joe is just crazy enough and comic enough to fit this game like a glove. Too bad he’s dropped in popularity since the sin that was Red Hot Rumble.
4. Geno – I have an insane clown as my top pick that couldn’t be in. How far from the top of the list could a sentient scarecrow be with that foreshadowing?
5. Skull Kid – Seriously, spooky or otherwise insane characters need to be more plentiful in Brawl. I DEMAND DARKNESS!

6. Ice Climbers – Love these guys, but with the new mechanics of ladders and the Footstool Jump, I just don’t know whether these guys could reliably work out without major work on the AI.
7. Paper Mario – He could be so very different to the regular Mario it makes my nose bleed. I desperately wanted him in the list, but there’s enough Mario support as it is. Awful shame too.

Guys Who Could Well Be In Brawl, But Would Essentially Be Clones:

1. Windwaker Link – Eh, this guy isn’t so much desperately wanted as ‘If I want a 2D Mario, I suppose I should list a cel-shaded Link too’. Fact is I don’t think he could be much more than a clone, so he’s really just here to stop people from bugging me.
2. Wolf – Because it’s pretty well a battle between him and Falco at the moment. And while I’m all for cycling out old characters for new ones in the right conditions, and Falco was essentially a clone and Wolf is about as important, the fact is that Falco could possibly be made something other than a Fox clone. I don’t imagine Wolf could.
3. Marth – I imagine Marth as being rather similar to Ike, and he’s old news anyway. But like I said, if Ganondorf fills the quota of heavy sword-wielding brutes, expect to see him instead of BK.
4. Waluigi – Okay, now this guy’s not so much a clone of Mario or Luigi, given his incredibly lanky form and the fact that he has no moveset and could theoretically be given something entirely new. But he’s filler material, and as likely to be a clone as any other character I can think of.
Mario brother series
all around basic choices. nothing to argue about here.

LOZ
i would prefer Skull Kid too midna, but i see you were being logical, plus, midna could have an awesome moveset. i just hope no wolf link, but that is just my opinion.

Pokemon
mmm, not bad. i have a feeling lucario will be in over the trainer, but i don't hate the idea (he could throw pokeballs!) and i'm not sakurai, so i won't argue.

Metroid
being a huge metroid fan, this is exactly what i want to see for metroid. just fyi, dark samus is actually the first boss of metroid prime 1 fused to the phazon suit. there could easily be a completly different moveset. But under no circumstances, should dark samus get in over ridley.

Kirby
all agreed

Starfox
i have to disagree that wolf would be a clone. personlly, i think both wolf and krystal will be in, but you stayed in the limit, so no qualms.

Donkey Kong
go K. Rool. i hope for this too.

FE
sorry, but i can't see Sakurai cutting both the reps from melee. i have to say, i hope marth is cut and ike and Black night are added. but, you stayed below forty.

Other
woo! G@W!
but i don't think ness will be cut, if anything, both he and lucas will be in.

as for belmont, he is popular, but megaman is about 10x more popular. if there are three third parties, my guess is snake, sonic, megaman.

and thanks for not including WW link.

overall, i probably give this an 8/10. nice job, and welcome to smashboards.

3 cheers for clone free!

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
Megaman is definitely more popular. But since I had to force myself to put Sonic as the first entry despite not liking him much at all, I figured I should actually put in a 3rd party that I want, rather than who I expect. I'm thinking Megaman's a very distinct possibility, definitely moreso than Simon Belmont. But do I want him? Not particularly.

As for FE, I originally had Marth in instead of Black Knight, but I would prefer as many new characters as possible whilst still representing the series, so I put Black Knight in instead. However, like I mentioned in both BK and Marth's entries, I suspect there's at least an equal chance Marth will be the one who goes through to the final product.

I also just don't think Earthbound has enough reputation to warrant two reps, taking a spot from a more deserved lone rep or something. And besides, from the sounds of it, Ness and Lucas would be very similar, and if we're going with a strict 40-person roster, I want it clone-free.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
O D I N said:
A DMC on the Wii would be marvelous.
There's always Rygar!

O D I N said:
However, with the remake of FF4 for the DS, this opens up another window for us old school square fans. I'm hopin for Chrono Trigger (fat chance) and FF6.
I'd rather see Secret of Mana, especially since I just picked up VI Advance...and I still have my FF Chronicles when I feel like Chrono Trigger. A multiplayer SoM on DS (WiFi!) would make me much happier.

Your sig's pretty biznitchin', by the way.

Anyway...have I missed anything major during my month-long exodus from SWF? Anyone die/change genders? Anything explode?

Vagrant Lustoid said:
I also just don't think Earthbound has enough reputation to warrant two reps, taking a spot from a more deserved lone rep or something.
Definitely not. I really think Ninty's missed out by not giving us Mother 3 and the Mother 1+2 GBA cart...

Also, I'm just now playing Mother 3 (thank you online translation guides!), and I can definitely say that Ness and Lucas would be clones.

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
I'm behind you 110% on Square: I think some of Square's best games were from the Nintendo consoles. Chrono Trigger being one of my favorites. :) Magus is a close second in comparision to villians next to Ganondorf.

You and I seem to have similiar goals/views on the subject. :) Welcome to the board Vagrant.
I'll be honest, Kefka remains my all-time Square favourite character. But I will also admit that I've never had the pleasure of playing Chrono Trigger, and so I can't lend an opinion towards Magus or not. Sorry. Oh, and thanks for the welcome.

Dante

Potential moveset by O D I N:

"A" moves:

A: Quick downward slash with the sword, brought down from over his shoulder.
AA: A rising slash, right after the first slash.
AAA: Charges forward(much like C.Falcon) for a strong hit, and proceeds with rapid jabs with the sword. Pressing or holding the A button will continue jabbing, until the button is released or stops being pressed. It'll take 2-3 stabs for the jabbing to stop.
F-tilt: A move very similiar to marth's U-tilt, only the hitbox is in front, and Dante turns completely around while performing this move. Much like a roundhouse, only with a sword.
U-tilt: Stabs upward. Nothing to special here.
D-tilt: A low, but quick sweeping move with his leg. Easy to combo with, and one of his faster moves.

Dash-A: Dante rushes forward, and performs a shoulder tackle motion, rolling along the ground and rising to his feet after the attack.
So far, so good. No particular qualms aboutt his moveset so far. Using the sword is good.

Smash Attacks:
F-Smash: Dante brings his sword around his back, much like holding a baseball bat. When he swings, he hits his opponent with the flat of the sword, screaming, "FOOOOOOOOOOOoouUUURR!!!" High Knockback, considerable damage, but slow.
U-Smash: Dante begins to hold the sword in a lower stance, and after the charge, raises the sword in an arc in an upward angle (think Marth's Nair, only up. At this angle ---> /). If someone needs me to explain this, I can try. :-?
D-smash: Dante holds his sword above his head, ready to stab the ground. After the charge is released, Dante stabs the ground, and whips himself around the sword for one complete turning, yelling "WAHOO!!". Think Neo, in Matrix two.
Hrm... I don't know that the shouting of phrases is required, but I've only played DMC1, so maybe it's in his character. I also think the Down Smash should be something a bit different. I think maybe incorporating the other weapons would be nice. Again, speaking just from playing DMC1, I'd have preferred punching the ground with the Ifrit gloves to make a fireburst around him or something.

Aerials:

Nair: Swings his sword in front of him, using both arms to move the sword and back and forth, over his head, than rising strike, and a horizontal slash. This move is fast, and can be spammed to slow decent. It won't stop it, but slow it down a little (just like in the games). After 3 swings, he will drop at a normal rate, until the attack is used again. While swinging, Dante will have no horizontal movement. This move works much like a basic air attack.

Fair: Strong slash from overhead, resulting in a cartwheel like motion. The tip of the sword at the lowest angle just before being completely down will result in a meteor smash. The rest of the slash will result in normal knockback.

Uair: Dante performs a backflip with sword held across his body, performing a backwards slash from the direction he's facing. Very similar to Marth's Uair, only slower.

Bair: Dante spins in a circle, slashing the air behind him. This move will not turn Dante around. This move is quick, and his fastest aerial manuever.

Dair: Dante grabs his sword with both hands and drives between his legs, preparing to stab his sword into the ground or an unlucky victim beneath him.[/quotes]

Again, no real complaints, I suppose the sword is good enough for aerial combat.

B moves:

B button: Dante draws Ebony and Ivory, and fires away. These shots will have as much knockback and stun rate as a Super Scope would. However, Dante has limited ammo with these, and must reload after a couple of shots. They do 1-2% each hit, out of 10-15 shots (debatable, I think ten would work best). Dante must reload, which takes 2-3 seconds, before he can fire again. (This move is debatable, as I know Sakurai didn't want Snake to have a gun in Brawl, but Dante without Ebony and Ivory is like Snake without his Bandana).
In the air, Dante shoots at a diagonial in front of him, but like the projectory of Ness' PK Fire from the air.
No! It can't be Ebony and Ivory without unlimited ammo. It just can't. But then... hrm... I think instead of reloading, after a while he should do an auto-taunt. Cause Dante's just a cocky sort of person.

Forward B: Dante charges forward with electricity in his blade, and right before he approaches his opponent, does a quick back turn, and slashes his enemy into the air, tumbling and electicuted. If Dante misses with this move, Dante will dive into a roll, and stand afterwards. His lag time will be when he stands, as he will be dazed for a second, struggling to his feet, leaning on his sword.

In the air, dante will glide forward a short distance, and slam his foe towards the ground. Dante will fly down with this move a short distance, and then into his fall animation, where he will tumble to his , or land on a platform.

Down B: Dante swings his sword about him in a wild arc in front of himself. This move will have minimal knockback, and can be used to deflect projectiles. The move works the same in the air. Decent rate is halved, but rate between button presses is slower than Nair. Also, Nair cannot be used as a deflection move.

Up B: Dante sprouts his wings, and glides up for two wing flaps, giving him a fair distance at an upward or horizontal angle. After 2 flaps, the wings disappear, and Dante tumbles forward before activating his falling animation. No damage caused in this attack, unless the opponent is hit from the first frame of the wings being drawn. Minimal knockback and damage.
The B moves in general look pretty solid. I like the Up B not causing any real damage, it's nice. I think though that Down B should be replaced by another of his special weapons. Byut that's just me.

Jump: Dante jumps off the ground with considerable range. A jump forward will be no different from a jump straight off the ground, while a jump backward results in a backflip.
Double jump: Dante does a flip in the air, much like a barrel roll, and gains some more distance. The flip varies on direction.

Grabs:
Dante reaches out with his left arm, and grabs his opponent.

Jabs:
Dante smacks his opponent with the hilt of his sword, causing 2-3% each hit.
Fthrow:
Dante pulls his body close to his opponent, and shoves forward, propelling his opponent in front of him a short distance. Lowest knockback of his throws.
Uthrow: Dante hurls his opponent high into the air with an toss from his left arm. Highest knockback out of his throws.
Bthrow: Dante tosses his opponent over his shoulder. That's it. Just chucks them aside like a used wrapper. Decent throwback, but nothing great.
Dthrow: Dante slams his opponent to the ground in a very Judo fashion. He slightly trips them with his leg, and then slams them down with his arm. The projectory is forward on a bounce.
The throws are fine as they are, but given the ridiculous over-the-topness of Devil May Cry in general, I kind of think throws like him backflipping the character away or running up the guy and booting him in the face for some good throwback would be just as much his style. Cause that's what Dante likes. Style.

Final Smash: Devil Trigger. Dante activates his Devil Trigger, glowing red with swirls of red lightning ling around him. Dante is faster, stronger, his jumps have improved, and he gets a third flap on his up+B. He also moves considerably farther on his towards b. He is invincible during this time as in he won't take any extra damage, but can still suffer knockback if he is hit with any other attacks (keeping it as close to DMC as possible). Percentage is taken into account on his knockback from hits (example, if he was at 80%, he'd still fly back as if he was at 80%, regardless of Devil Trigger). The length of this FS is left to debate, but would be based off of the time used in Bowser's transformation into Giga Bowser, or other transformation FS that haven't yet been revealed.
An interesting Final Smash. One that doesn't actually do anything itself, leaving it up to the player to make use of the situation. Just one thing though, Dante flys in his Devil Trigger form, doesn't he? I reckon in this state he should be almost immune to downwards knockback, but that's just me.

Taunt: Dante puts his sword on his shoulder, and makes the "bring it" motion with his other hand, while saying, "Let's do this!" (Debatable. I was just thinking of something).

Winning pose one: Dante is firing his guns of screen in a gun-fu like manner; over the back, spin, etc., while screaming "WoooooooHOOooooo!!" After he finishes firing, he lowers the guns, smoke pouring out of the barrels. He also has a grin on his face. "That was fun!!"

Winning pose two: Dante can't be seen. Offscreen, from stage left, Dante slides in, swinging his sword in front of him, holding the sword behind him in a final pose.

Winning pose three: Dante brushes his hair out of his face, and pulls out Ebony, pointing it at the screen. He has a sly grin on his face, and says, "Make my day..."

And that's my first moveset. I think I'll make changes to it every once and a while... Sorry for the sucktitude. ^_^;;
And the taunt and winning poses are fine, I would say. Nice job, but with Snake already in here, I'd not hope for Dante. Maybe next SSB.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Welcome back to the boards, Mendez. It's good to see you.

You didn't really miss anything monumental. There was some drama involving 4chan, but thankfully it didn't spill over to this thread (it was contained in the "Brawl potentially sucking" thread). They thought it was cute to "invade" the Smash site and start spamming the boards with pictures of tortured animals and whatnot. The infamous Dylan_Tnga also got star treatment by these guys, i.e. a satirical, wiki-like page on Encyclopedia Dramatica. I actually feel bad for the guy, in spite of his crass behavior; I can't really say that he had it coming to him. Needless to say, most of the 4chan people got IP banned; however, there's still a couple lurking around here causing some problems for Dylan. Hopefully the mods will read my PM and cop on a.s.a.p.

As for this particular thread...well, it's the same old stuff. People throwing out comments about Wisey's roster, general Brawl speculation, walls of pain (er, text)---it's the usual business, and business is good.

I'll be around for a while, gents. I might be throwing up a movelist for Sparkster the Rocket Knight at some point tonight.

Smooth Criminal

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Vagrant Lustoid said:
I'll be honest, Kefka remains my all-time Square favourite character.
Uwee-hee-hee-hee!

Vagrant Lustoid said:
I think instead of reloading, after a while he should do an auto-taunt. Cause Dante's just a cocky sort of person.
...Wow. That's the best idea anyone's had ever.

Vagrant Lustoid said:
Hrm... I don't know that the shouting of phrases is required, but I've only played DMC1, so maybe it's in his character. I also think the Down Smash should be something a bit different. I think maybe incorporating the other weapons would be nice. Again, speaking just from playing DMC1, I'd have preferred punching the ground with the Ifrit gloves to make a fireburst around him or something.
It's definitely in his character. DMC Dante is very, very tame compared to DMC3 Dante (let's just pretend DMC2 never happened, okay?). "Wahoo" and "four" are right up his alley, assuming O D I N's using the DMC3 Dante...which he should be.

Smooth Criminal said:
...:scared:

...Y-you can see me!? Alright, where are you hiding, and where are you getting internet access from!? There're no hotspots in rural Pennsylvania...

Smooth Criminal said:
You didn't really miss anything monumental. There was some drama involving 4chan, but thankfully it didn't spill over to this thread (it was contained in the "Brawl potentially sucking" thread). They thought it was cute to "invade" the Smash site and start spamming the boards with pictures of tortured animals and whatnot. The infamous Dylan_Tnga also got star treatment by these guys, i.e. a satirical, wiki-like page on Encyclopedia Dramatica. I actually feel bad for the guy, in spite of his crass behavior; I can't really say that he had it coming to him. Needless to say, most of the 4chan people got IP banned; however, there's still a couple lurking around here causing some problems for Dylan. Hopefully the mods will read my PM and cop on a.s.a.p.
I've never understood the appeal of raiding public message boards.

If you're going to rally hundreds of 4channers to a cause, it should at least involve something 4chan-related, like porn, for example.

Anyway, this explains why there's some particularly crass people on here lately.

Smooth Criminal said:
As for this particular thread...well, it's the same old stuff. People throwing out comments about Wisey's roster, general Brawl speculation, walls of pain (er, text)---it's the usual business, and business is good.
Good.

Smooth Criminal said:
I'll be around for a while, gents. I might be throwing up a movelist for Sparkster the Rocket Knight at some point tonight.
Funny you should mention him: I just finished playing RKA last week on my (or someone else's, I really don't know) Genesis that I dug out of my basement.

P.S. I wish I had an ED page. Lucky Dylan...

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
It's definitely in his character. DMC Dante is very, very tame compared to DMC3 Dante (let's just pretend DMC2 never happened, okay?). "Wahoo" and "four" are right up his alley, assuming O D I N's using the DMC3 Dante...which he should be.
The other versions of Dante wouldn't really fit. Having Dante as a cocky SoB is more his style, and that's why I went with DMC3 Dante. ;)

I dunno, thoughts on the moveset Mendez? It's certainly open to suggestion (I know there's like no chance, but meh. I'm actually in a semi bad mood, and need some cheering up. I just got out of a Nerf fight in my apartment where I know my roomies got shot, and they claim they didn't. Which is bull cause I used an automatic that fires 30 rounds in less than 5 seconds).

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
^^^
"Nerf fight", as in a fight with styrofoam darts? What toy gun from heck can fire 30 rounds in 5 seconds?

A new challenger approaches!!!

Dante

So far so good. :)

"A" moves:

AAA: Charges forward(much like C.Falcon) for a strong hit, and proceeds with rapid jabs with the sword. Pressing or holding the A button will continue jabbing, until the button is released or stops being pressed. It'll take 2-3 stabs for the jabbing to stop.
F-tilt: A move very similiar to marth's U-tilt, only the hitbox is in front, and Dante turns completely around while performing this move. Much like a roundhouse, only with a sword.
D-tilt: A low, but quick sweeping move with his leg. Easy to combo with, and one of his faster moves.
Yeah, these are good.

Dash-A: Dante rushes forward, and performs a shoulder tackle motion, rolling along the ground and rising to his feet after the attack.
Definitely.

Smash Attacks:
F-Smash: Dante brings his sword around his back, much like holding a baseball bat. When he swings, he hits his opponent with the flat of the sword, screaming, "FOOOOOOOOOOOoouUUURR!!!" High Knockback, considerable damage, but slow.
U-Smash: Dante begins to hold the sword in a lower stance, and after the charge, raises the sword in an arc in an upward angle (think Marth's Nair, only up. At this angle ---> /). If someone needs me to explain this, I can try. :-?
D-smash: Dante holds his sword above his head, ready to stab the ground. After the charge is released, Dante stabs the ground, and whips himself around the sword for one complete turning, yelling "WAHOO!!". Think Neo, in Matrix two.
Yup yup yup.

Aerials:

Nair: Swings his sword in front of him, using both arms to move the sword and back and forth, over his head, than rising strike, and a horizontal slash. This move is fast, and can be spammed to slow decent. It won't stop it, but slow it down a little (just like in the games). After 3 swings, he will drop at a normal rate, until the attack is used again. While swinging, Dante will have no horizontal movement. This move works much like a basic air attack.

Fair: Strong slash from overhead, resulting in a cartwheel like motion. The tip of the sword at the lowest angle just before being completely down will result in a meteor smash. The rest of the slash will result in normal knockback.

Uair: Dante performs a backflip with sword held across his body, performing a backwards slash from the direction he's facing. Very similar to Marth's Uair, only slower.

Bair: Dante spins in a circle, slashing the air behind him. This move will not turn Dante around. This move is quick, and his fastest aerial manuever.
All sound fine.

Dair: Dante grabs his sword with both hands and drives between his legs, preparing to stab his sword into the ground or an unlucky victim beneath him.
Sounds way too much like Link's downward thrust to me.

B moves:

B button: Dante draws Ebony and Ivory, and fires away. These shots will have as much knockback and stun rate as a Super Scope would. However, Dante has limited ammo with these, and must reload after a couple of shots. They do 1-2% each hit, out of 10-15 shots (debatable, I think ten would work best). Dante must reload, which takes 2-3 seconds, before he can fire again. (This move is debatable, as I know Sakurai didn't want Snake to have a gun in Brawl, but Dante without Ebony and Ivory is like Snake without his Bandana).
In the air, Dante shoots at a diagonial in front of him, but like the projectory of Ness' PK Fire from the air.
Forward B: Dante charges forward with electricity in his blade, and right before he approaches his opponent, does a quick back turn, and slashes his enemy into the air, tumbling and electicuted. If Dante misses with this move, Dante will dive into a roll, and stand afterwards. His lag time will be when he stands, as he will be dazed for a second, struggling to his feet, leaning on his sword.

In the air, dante will glide forward a short distance, and slam his foe towards the ground. Dante will fly down with this move a short distance, and then into his fall animation, where he will tumble to his doom, or land on a platform.
Wait wait wait, why do I not see his Stinger here? It's like, his signature move, 'innit?

Down B: Dante swings his sword about him in a wild arc in front of himself. This move will have minimal knockback, and can be used to deflect projectiles. The move works the same in the air. Decent rate is halved, but rate between button presses is slower than Nair. Also, Nair cannot be used as a deflection move.
Good.

Up B: Dante sprouts his wings, and glides up for two wing flaps, giving him a fair distance at an upward or horizontal angle. After 2 flaps, the wings disappear, and Dante tumbles forward before activating his falling animation. No damage caused in this attack, unless the opponent is hit from the first frame of the wings being drawn. Minimal knockback and damage.
Good.

Jump: Dante jumps off the ground with considerable range. A jump forward will be no different from a jump straight off the ground, while a jump backward results in a backflip.
Double jump: Dante does a flip in the air, much like a barrel roll, and gains some more distance. The flip varies on direction.
So...same as every other "realistic" character than? ;)

Eh, whatever.

Grabs:

Jabs:
Fthrow:
Dante pulls his body close to his opponent, and shoves forward, propelling his opponent in front of him a short distance. Lowest knockback of his throws.
Uthrow: Dante hurls his opponent high into the air with an toss from his left arm. Highest knockback out of his throws.
Bthrow: Dante tosses his opponent over his shoulder. That's it. Just chucks them aside like a used wrapper. Decent throwback, but nothing great.
Dthrow: Dante slams his opponent to the ground in a very Judo fashion. He slightly trips them with his leg, and then slams them down with his arm. The projectory is forward on a bounce.
If there's one serious problem with this moveset, it's the grabs. They're waaaaaaay too boring for Dante, and too similar to Marth's.

Let me try...

Fthrow: Dante's got a baseball swing, why not a baseball pitch? He crow-hops a few times, then whips the enemy straight out in front of himself.

Uthrow: Dante tosses his foe into the air above him, then empties a few clips into the airborne enemy.

Bthrow: The enemy is propped up behind Dante, who pops into the air level at chest level, then dropkicks the dazed foe while firing both his pistols into said enemy's face.

Dthrow: The enemy's dropped to the ground, then is "surfed upon" for a few feet, before being kicked away in the opposite direction (surf forward, kicked backward, so you can't cheap people off edges).

Final Smash: Devil Trigger. Dante activates his Devil Trigger, glowing red with swirls of red lightning ling around him. Dante is faster, stronger, his jumps have improved, and he gets a third flap on his up+B. He also moves considerably farther on his towards b. He is invincible during this time as in he won't take any extra damage, but can still suffer knockback if he is hit with any other attacks (keeping it as close to DMC as possible). Percentage is taken into account on his knockback from hits (example, if he was at 80%, he'd still fly back as if he was at 80%, regardless of Devil Trigger). The length of this FS is left to debate, but would be based off of the time used in Bowser's transformation into Giga Bowser, or other transformation FS that haven't yet been revealed.
But which DT form? I like the one from Dante's Awakening...but that's just me.

Taunt: Dante puts his sword on his shoulder, and makes the "bring it" motion with his other hand, while saying, "Let's do this!" (Debatable. I was just thinking of something).
Definitely works.

Winning pose one: Dante is firing his guns of screen in a gun-fu like manner; over the back, spin, etc., while screaming "WoooooooHOOooooo!!" After he finishes firing, he lowers the guns, smoke pouring out of the barrels. He also has a grin on his face. "That was fun!!"

Winning pose two: Dante can't be seen. Offscreen, from stage left, Dante slides in, swinging his sword in front of him, holding the sword behind him in a final pose.

Winning pose three: Dante brushes his hair out of his face, and pulls out Ebony, pointing it at the screen. He has a sly grin on his face, and says, "Make my day..."
#1 is neat, so is #2, but when I read "Dante slides in", I immediately pictured him sliding across the screen on a minor demon's back, spinning in circles while firing his pistols randomly.

I think #3's a bit much. I'd replace it with the enemy-surfing thing, if I was you.

I'd also like to point out that if this is really going to be DMC3 Dante, he needs to have all sorts of little animations during these moves, like snapping his fingers or shuffling his feet.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
^^^
"Nerf fight", as in a fight with styrofoam darts? What toy gun from heck can fire 30 rounds in 5 seconds?

Yeah, I'll comment on it, just lemme' go back an look at it...
One sec...

It's 20 shots, but still, that thing is a beast. I prefer handguns myself, but it was an ambush situation. We play in the dark usually. I also have a longshot, which I love. ^_^ Anywho...

I went back and changed the reloading to auto-taunting. I like it. :) Vagrant... You and are gonna get along nicely.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
^^^
Jesus Chirst in a birchbark canoe!

Oh, and since I forgot to type it in my above critique, I'll type it here: the moveset is great, and on an arbitrary scale of 1 to 1,000,000, it gets a 777,777.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Mmm, lucky. :-D

Okay, changes noted. I'll update it tomorrow.

As far as the stinger, what do you think his jab attack is? ;)

The DT form was debatable. I'm open to suggestions. I haven't played any of the DMC's in a while, so I'm a bit rusty.

As for the D-air, I couldn't really think of much. Maybe a hard slam downward with the sword in front of him. :shrug:

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
i love how every wall of pain is fueling the next walls of pain

pretty soon each wall of pain will be so long that by the time I read it another wall of pain is already up

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Gypsy Lee said:
I don't understand why they quote someone, break it into twenty pieces, and only respond to each statement with something like:

"Ya? I agree."

>_>
Because we can.

DonkeySmasher said:

pretty soon each wall of pain will be so long that by the time I read it another wall of pain is already up
Ya, I agree.

O D I N said:
As far as the stinger, what do you think his jab attack is?
But he needs to actually shoot forwards, then stab. Using it in his "A" combo is fine and all, but at the very least, he needs to say "stinger!" when he does it.

O D I N said:
The DT form was debatable. I'm open to suggestions. I haven't played any of the DMC's in a while, so I'm a bit rusty.

That's my personal favorite, and it's from Dante's Awakening to boot.

O D I N said:
As for the D-air, I couldn't really think of much. Maybe a hard slam downward with the sword in front of him. :shrug:
Or, an Irish jig!

Okay, not really. What about having him dive downwards (headfirst) while slashing twice in front of him. It'd send him into fastfall, and it'd have some lag time afterwards, but it could be a straight vertical spike to offset that.

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
Huh. Well, I guess we can start assuming that, at the very least, Sakurai sure does like Animal Crossing.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Hmmm....hmmm....hmm..... [my type of dramatic pause, lol!] well the item is neat, even if I won't use it that much. As for the list Wiseguy, I still don't see how BK is more important than Marth. Look at their rolls, Marth is basically twice as important. But enough of the arguing, it's character predictions time!

Mario Series: [5] [4 Original Movesets, 1 Clone]
-Mario: Check.
-Bowser: Super Awsome looking=looks like a even cooler villan. Check.
-Luigi: Anyone doubt he'll return, because I'll be willing to bet against you! ;) Mario Clone
-Peach: Parsola, Check. Golf Clubs, Check. Tennis Racket, Check. Pan, Check. Toad as a defensive tool, Check.
-Bowser Jr.: No Shadow Mario, No Shadow Mario, NO SHADOW MARIO! *calms down*

Donkey Kong Series: [3] [2 Original Movesets, 1 Clone]
-Donkey Kong: Super Awsome looking...CHECK! :)
-Diddy Kong: Doubt him, and chances are you will be hunted down! ;)
-[King] K. Rool: Ya, with wacky stuff of course. Wacky, Wacky, Wacky! :) Luigified Bowser Clone

The Legend of Zelda Series: [5] [4 Original Movesets, 1 Clone]
-Link: Check.
-Zelda: Without the bad character model....check! :)
-Ganondorf: Looking even cooler than he was in Twilight Princess [he looked awsome]...almost!
-Wind Waker Link: *bites off heads of everyone who disagrees, and uses the lame graphics excuse.* Kirby! Dr. Wright! etc. :laugh: Lugified Link Clone-Midna [w/t or w/o Wolf Link, it doesn't matter IMO]: Pretty much in.

Metroid Series: [4] [3 Original Movesets, 1 Clone]
-Samus: Check.
-Zero Suit Samus:.....stop drooling...Check. [A button, A button, A button!!!]
-Ridley: *prays Ridley makes it*
-Dark Samus: Eat all the colors of the PHAZON!!! Samus clone

Kirby Series: [3] [3 Original Movesets]
-Kirby: Check...not much has changed!
-Meta Knight: He looks sick....maybe it is because Sakurai made him. Check.
-King Dedede[dedededededede]: One thing everyone on the SWF agrees on, FOR ONCE!

Star Fox Series: [4] [2 Original Movesets, 2 Clones]
-Fox: Check.
-Falco: Don't mess with him, he's a man eating bird! Fox Clone
-Krystal: A staff-wielding character...NOW THAT IS AWSOME! :)
-Wolf: One of the last additions to the game. Fox clone

Pokemon Series: [4] [Dropped after Sakurai was dumb and dropped Deoxys] [4 Originals]
-Pikachu: Check...
-Jigglypuff: Only awsome in smash, otherwise lame. Good moveset, good moveset.
-Lucario: I made a $50 bet Lucario would make it. Ya, I'm that confident! :)
-Mewtwo: Doubt and die, he'll Shadow Ball the life out of YOU! [minus the suckage!!!]

Fire Emblem Series: [3] [2 Originals, 1 Clone]
-Ike: Good as confirmed, which is awsome! :)
-Marth: Most important character in the series. No reason why he SHOULDN'T RETURN!
-3rd FE Slot: I've been stuck on this forever. I predict either BK as a Ike Clone, or Roy as...still a Marth clone. Luigified Marth/Ike Clone

EarthBound/Mother Series: [2] [1 Original Movesest, 1 Clone]
-Ness: If he doesn't return, Nintendo will be burned by everyone's favorite full colored Blue cult! Funny EarthBound joke! :laugh:
-Lucas: The neo-Ness of Mother 3, and he'll actually have Ness's/his own moveset, instead of stealing it from Paula! :) Ness Clone

F-Zero Series: [2] [1 Original Moveset, 1 Clone]
-Captain Falcon: I'm sure we've all seen that Super Falcon Punch vid...let's hope he gets that move, but moded! :laugh:
-Other F-Zero Character: I doubt we'll see the series ripped off any worse, so I predict another F-Zero character [more than likely a clone. It's only fair...o, and NO BLACK SHADOW! NO BLACK SHADOW! NO BLACK SHADOW! If BS makes it, millions of kitties, puppies, and babies will die, sadly. Don't be a fool Sakurai, save the babies, puppies, and kitties! Captain Falcon clone...or old Ganondorf moveset replacement.

Other Nintendo Series' Characters: [7] [7 Original Movesets]
-Wario: 'Bout time. Check.
-Yoshi: If you doubted him after the music, chances are you lost it. Check.
-Pit: Another day, another SUPER AWSOME confirmed retro character! :) Check.
-Captain Olimar: He'd be original....doubt his originality, and be swarmed by canabol Pikmins he controls! *evil laugh*
-Miis: Rocky Balboa vs. Jack Thompson....I've waited all my life for this! :)
-Ice Climbers: Kids with hammmers, wat could be more original then that=???
-Mr. Game and Watch: 2D continues to pwn 3D via G&W. O YA! :)

3rd Party Characters: [4] [4 Original Movesets]
-Solid Snake: I giggle like a little girl at the thought of Snake cutting off Pikachu's head with a knife, in al lthe details! :chuckle: CHECK!
-Sonic the Hedgehog: Despite being fast, he's slowing down. Brawl is his perfect chance to speed up, FASTER THAN EVER! :)
-Megaman: One for reconizability, class, and a important roll in gaming's history! :)
-Geno: One for the cult classics! :)

There, 37 Original Charactes, 9 Clones. Good still, though I could see a few of the clones I listed not making the cut. I've had Samurai Goroh and Dexoys cut, and let us hope another awsome character isn't deconfirmed...AGAIN! *prays there is a update involving hate towards the Plusle/Minun idea, and Sakurai talking about how he hates Black Shadow*. So ya...there you go! ;)

Note: BTW, since I think G&W is probably as easy to put in Brawl as a clone [if not easier], Mach Rider and Balloon Fight[er] still stand a good chance if that is to happen, as well as Little Mac and a few other legitmate and important retro characters.

Also, if some of my clones get cut, I see the F-Zero character gone, Lucas next, and then I'm stuck between Dark Samus, Wolf, and the 3rd FE character. This is my actually my REAL character predictions list to be honest (if you add Balloon Fight[er] or Mach Rider to it]. So ya, enjoy and please rate! :p

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm....hmmm....hmm..... [my type of dramatic pause, lol!] well the item is neat, even if I won't use it that much. As for the list Wiseguy, I still don't see how BK is more important than Marth. Look at their rolls, Marth is basically twice as important. But enough of the arguing, it's character predictions time!

-Luigi: Anyone doubt he'll return, because I'll be willing to bet against you! ;) Mario Clone
-Peach: Parsola, Check. Golf Clubs, Check. Tennis Racket, Check. Pan, Check. Toad as a defensive tool, Check.
Hrm, everything seems to be in order here. Since you're going for a goodly number of characters that add up to 40 using clones as 1/3 a character, I won't protest too heavily about the fact that Luigi more than deserves his own move set. And yeah, no need for Shadow Mario. Just unnecessary.

-[King] K. Rool: Ya, with wacky stuff of course. Wacky, Wacky, Wacky! :) Luigified Bowser Clone
I'm against the idea of K.Rool being a Bowser clone, however, I am very much prepared for the eventuality, if K. Rool does show up. So hey. And I'm glad I spy a Diddy Kong in there sans Dixie.

-Ganondorf: Looking even cooler than he was in Twilight Princess [he looked awsome]...almost!
-Wind Waker Link: *bites off heads of everyone who disagrees, and uses the lame graphics excuse.* Kirby! Dr. Wright! etc. :laugh: Lugified Link Clone
-Midna [w/t or w/o Wolf Link, it doesn't matter IMO]: Pretty much in.
Windwaker Link... ugh. He'll probably be there, but it's even worse than a clone. He's literally a cartoon copy of Link. He'd likely not add anything new to the series, and I'd rather see the series repped with another character instead. I can't think of one off the top of my head if we want to keep it a clone, but hey. I'm anti-Windwaker Link just on principle, not because of art style (which I love).

Dark Samus doesn't deserve to be a Samus Clone, but I certainly understand the reasoning. As far as clone choices go, at least Dark Samus is solid. Nothing much else to say here, except I want to ask whether you think Zamus will become a playable character after unlocking her somehow, or simply a Smash transformation from Samus?

-King Dedede[dedededededede]: One thing everyone on the SWF agrees on, FOR ONCE!

Didn't have anything to say about Kirby, cause it was solid and sensible. As for Star Fox... we don't need two clones here. If we ended up with three quarters of the Star Fox rep being Fox-ish, I'll be mad. Nothing against you, cause you're after quantity here, just that I hope it's not the case.

Pokemon Series: [4] [Dropped after Sakurai was dumb and dropped Deoxys] [4 Originals]
-Mewtwo: Doubt and die, he'll Shadow Ball the life out of YOU! [minus the suckage!!!]
Eh, Lucario. Not my cup of tea. I also notice that despite having four characters, Pokemon doesn't have any clones. This is an injustice! If anything, Falco should be original, with a clone variant pokemon somehow. I don't know how, but with four original movesets there, it makes me upset.

-Marth: Most important character in the series. No reason why he SHOULDN'T RETURN!
-3rd FE Slot: I've been stuck on this forever. I predict either BK as a Ike Clone, or Roy as...still a Marth clone. Luigified Marth/Ike Clone

-Ness: If he doesn't return, Nintendo will be burned by everyone's favorite full colored Blue cult! Funny EarthBound joke! :laugh:
-Lucas: The neo-Ness of Mother 3, and he'll actually have Ness's/his own moveset, instead of stealing it from Paula! :) Ness Clone
Eh, I had nothing to say about FE, since it seemed like a realistic assessment of who'll appear. As for Earthbound, to have it composed of two people, who are nearly identical to each other, is **** near pointless, I would say. I also thought Sakurai said he wanted to replace Ness with newer Earthbound characters? Which would imply he wouldn't be here. But eh, maybe he only said he wanted new ones, and didn't say anything about removing Ness. I forget. Anyway, I'd lose Ness.

-Captain Falcon: I'm sure we've all seen that Super Falcon Punch vid...let's hope he gets that move, but moded! :laugh:
-Other F-Zero Character: I doubt we'll see the series ripped off any worse, so I predict another F-Zero character [more than likely a clone. It's only fair...o, and NO BLACK SHADOW! NO BLACK SHADOW! NO BLACK SHADOW! If BS makes it, millions of kitties, puppies, and babies will die, sadly. Don't be a fool Sakurai, save the babies, puppies, and kitties! Captain Falcon clone...or old Ganondorf moveset replacement.
I suppose I could see Blood Falcon here, but then you get the same thing that I applied to Ness and Lucas. I'd kind of like a kickass brawling girl, like that Jody to appear. I'd propose to make her a clone cross instead of a Falcon clone, with moves taken from both Zero Samus and Falcon. It'd be sweet.

-Captain Olimar: He'd be original....doubt his originality, and be swarmed by canabol Pikmins he controls! *evil laugh*
I continue to be worried about programming difficulties for the Ice Climbers, so I'm still dubious about them. And where are Balloon Fighter or Mach Rider? I sob. Truly, I sob.

Also, what moveset would you propose for the Miis, since it appears Peach is already wielding a racquet and a golf club? Baseball Bat's already been done really, but I suppose you could go with Boxing Gloves. Wiiplay didn't utilize Mii well enough to warrant much from it in a moveset I think. Just curious about that, since Peach has taken half of the Mii's. Unless you make the Mii another hybrid clone, or a tweaked Peach clone, which would free up some space for an original moveset for Falco. Suppose it all depends on their bodily construction compared to Peach, but I could imagine it working.

-Solid Snake: I giggle like a little girl at the thought of Snake cutting off Pikachu's head with a knife, in al lthe details! :chuckle: CHECK!
-Sonic the Hedgehog: Despite being fast, he's slowing down. Brawl is his perfect chance to speed up, FASTER THAN EVER! :)
-Megaman: One for reconizability, class, and a important roll in gaming's history! :)
Geno, I love him, but I think people are probably kidding themselves about him. I don't think he'll appear at all. And Sonic and Megaman are pretty much par for realistic predictive lists at the moment.

Overall, it looks good, and definitely realistic. Obviously I've made my preferences known, but it's a list I could live with. Except for the lack of Mach Rider. Which you said at the end could appear if G&W is cut anyway, so I'll cut some slack.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I don't know if this has been brought up before, but do you think some new techniques may cause a bit of trouble with the Ice Climbers (and slightly Mr. G&W)? I'm interested in seeing what you guys think about this...maybe I'm just over thinking it.

The techniques I speak of and the problems they present to the two are:

Ladders. This was revealed in DK's new stage. Not only does the DK stage use the style of the previous Iceclimbers stage, it presents a brand new problem for the duo to tackle. If Popo & Nana are/get separated while one is on the ladder, will the AI for the other be good enough for it to get on the ladder (even if it needs to run across the platform andto up the ladder) or will the character run around above or below the other?
The ladders could contribute to a disadvantage for the climber because they could be separated easier. Even if they could skip the ladder entirely, it'd be nice to know if they could climb the ladder without throwing a target on one of the climbers back. I don't really think this would be too hard to fix or program, but you never know.

Uhm. Mr Game and Watch is 2D. Climbing a ladder would require the character to be 3D. I know he could appear flat when climbing the ladder, but assuming the pause feature comes back, if you rotate the pause screen there is no way he could climb it if he's 2D. I guess they could always pull a "Hammer 3D" Game and Watch or a Kirby GW style Mr. G&W when he's on the ladder.

The Footstool Jump. Not a problem with G&W, but for the Iceclimbers. Will both of them jump of the character at the same time? Will they double footstool jump one after another? Will a tailing climber not be able to keep up if the footstool jump is used?

Both of these techniques could cause a lot of problems for the iceclimbers by potentially leaving one vunerable. Maybe these aren't big enough problems to worry about, but coupled with DK's new IC like level it's making me wonder about their status in brawl.
You make some interesting points.

In terms of the ladders, I suppose the Nana's AI could simply be upgraded to understand when to use ladders. A 2D character could also climb ladders, he would just look odd doing so.

As for the footstool jump, I'm at a loss for how it work with a tag team character, partcilularily when used as a spike. I think you might be onto something...

Vagrant Lustoid's First-Ever Brawl Roster - Tempered Somewhat By Reality and Essentially Clone-Free

Super Mario Brothers [5]:
1. Mario – The mascot and the perfectly balanced fighter. Confirmed.
2. Luigi – Brother to the mascot, another great fighter, with excellent potential for a new moveset with recent games, removing his clone status.
3. Peach – Yeah, she has Toads. Confirmed.
4. Bowser – One of the hardest hitters of the Smash world. Confirmed.
5. Bowser Jr. – Incredible potential, but no transformation to Dark Mario, since I’m already technically over the 40 character limit I set if I count Zamus.

Legend of Zelda [4]:
1. Link – Sure, why the hell not? Confirmed.
2. Zelda – Confirmed, and looking a hell of a lot better than before. With a new magic set and no Sheik, she could be half decent without being broken.
3. Ganondorf – He’s the ultimate Zelda villain, so he’s gotta be here. The TP version, I would expect, with his sword. And perhaps a Pig Ganon Final Smash.
4. Imp Midna – Definitely has enough abilities to create a fun moveset. I’d prefer her with Wolf Link, but hey, maybe that’s hoping for too much.

Pokemon [4]:
1. Pikachu – Eh, I suppose. Though he’s really more of an anime character at this point. Confirmed.
2. Jigglypuff – Don’t really want her, but she’s here to fill Pokemon slots.
3. Mewtwo – Again, not really a fan of any Pokemon in Smash. But if we have any, a bad-*** psychic would be fine. I hope he’s improved over the Melee version.
4. Trainer – Hate me if you want, but I really dislike Pokemon being in Smash in general, since they really don’t have personality and there’s far too many of them. So a Trainer could possibly work, with an interesting moveset too.

Metroid [3]:
1. Samus/Zamus – She’s confirmed in both modes. And really, who doesn’t love Samus?
2. Ridley – Ah, the eternal rival, and a proponent of aerial combat, which I believe is something Sakurai wanted to work more of into SSB. A long history, enough moves for a great moveset, there’s no real reason he shouldn’t appear.
3. Dark Samus – Eh, I’m trying to keep the list clone-free, so Phazon Prime Samus whatever-the-hell-it-is would have an entirely new moveset based on the Phazon stuff.

Kirby [3]:
1. Kirby – He’s everybody’s favourite lovable marshmallow. Let’s hope he gets buffed somewhat for Brawl. Confirmed.
2. Metaknight – The fap-character of choice for Brawl n00bs at the moment. But he’s honestly pretty sweet-looking. Confirmed.
3. King Dedede – Kirby’s biggest enemy, highest ranked on the Sakurai poll, a game being directed by Sakurai, and other Kirby characters are already showing up? All but confirmed.

Starfox [3]:
1. Fox – Sure, I suppose. As long as he gets tempered slightly, I don’t care. Confirmed.
2. Falco – Tough choice here, but in the end I figured you could probably give Falco a more original moveset than Wolf, and since I’m aiming for no-clones, Falco it is.
3. Krystal – Really not fond of Krystal, and would prefer it if she wasn’t in Brawl, but Starfox needs more representatives. And she’s a female, which Sakurai wants.

Donkey Kong [3]:
1. Donkey Kong – The big furry monkey is back and looking sleeker than ever. Confirmed.
2. Diddy Kong – Yeah, I’m an advocate. Peanut guns, barrel jetpack, cartwheels, an atomic guitar solo, what’s not to want?
3. K.Rool – Some hate him, some love him. I simply think the DK franchise needs more representation, as do villains. But I’ll admit, there are enough variations to make an awesome moveset.

Fire Emblem [2]:
1. Ike – Ike appears to be the popular choice for potential FE characters in Brawl. I say, sure, I guess.
2. Black Knight – Eh, it comes down to this guy or Marth. And I’m all for new characters. Though if we end up with sword-wielding Ganondorf, I fear Black Knight might be too similar, and that a reworked Marth might grace us instead.

Other Franchises [7]:
1. Wario – A motorcycle. Wario just became freaking awesome. Confirmed.
2. Captain Falcon – He’s a Smash classic, and F-Zero deserves a degree of representation. Besides, Smash has also made Falcon immeasurably cool.
3. Yoshi – It appears that Yoshi’s been ramped up for Brawl, and not before time. Confirmed.
4. Isaac – This Golden Sun protagonist, with his psynergy talents and espers, could make a rather interesting addition. Perhaps he and Trainer would be too similar, but then again, Isaac has magic, while Trainer has rocks and a fishing rod.
5. Lucas – Sakurai commented at some point about wanting to replace Ness with a new Earthbound/MOTHER character. And MOTHER 3 has now been released. I expect to see a new model with a slightly tweaked Ness moveset.
6. Captain Olimar – Potentially one of the most awesome Brawl movesets could be derived from this little fellow and his army of Pikmin. It has to happen. Srsly.
7. Mr Resetti – To be honest, not a great fan of Animal Crossing, haven’t had the time to play it properly. But there seems to be a general opinion that Animal Crossing requires some representation, and with Nook as a background character, well, Resetti could well do it. And a digging moveset. Now, if there’s not potential there, I don’t know where else it could be.

Retro Characters [3]:
1. Pit – The Kid bursts forth in a somewhat unexpected, but much appreciated, revival. Confirmed.
2. Mr. Game & Watch – He’s just far too awesome, and still so original. However, Balloon Fighter could just as easily take this spot.
3. Mach Rider – Earlier in this thread was a Mach moveset that let me see how awesome he could really be. But with Wario’s chopper and Falcon being the hardman racer, his chances are perhaps lower than I’d like.

Third Party Characters [3]:
1. Solid Snake – Seriously, I love Snake. So very much. But I still can’t get over him being in Brawl, of all people. Confirmed. Oh, and I <3 the box.
2. Sonic the Hedgehog – I’ll be honest, I’m not fond of Sonic, and I don’t want to see him in Brawl. But being the most popularly requested third-party, and given Sega’s good relations with Nintendo now, I fear he’ll make an appearance.
3. Simon Belmont – The Smash world needs more vampire slayers. Especially ones like Simon Belmont. However, I’ll say that I’d like to see him use a variety of weapons other than swords. Axes, maces and whips, amongst his more iconic weapons.

Total: 40

Characters I Would Love To See But Hold Little to No Hope For, Or Simply Couldn’t Fit in a 40-Character Roster:

1. Kefka – This would be one of my top choices for a coveted third-party slot. FFVI was a masterpiece for the SNES, and with Black Mage showing up in other Nintendo games recently, I can only hope. Besides, a lunatic clown with immense magical powers fits the Smash universe near perfectly.
2. Banjo & Kazooie – These guys are still icons of Nintendo, curse it all, despite the fact that Rare claims their souls and appears happy to let them fade to obscurity. Provided plenty of moves in their own games, it’s just a shame Microsoft would have to be insane to let Nintendo use these guys.
3. Viewtiful Joe – The third of my real favourites for the third-party slots, I think Viewtiful Joe is just crazy enough and comic enough to fit this game like a glove. Too bad he’s dropped in popularity since the sin that was Red Hot Rumble.
4. Geno – I have an insane clown as my top pick that couldn’t be in. How far from the top of the list could a sentient scarecrow be with that foreshadowing?
5. Skull Kid – Seriously, spooky or otherwise insane characters need to be more plentiful in Brawl. I DEMAND DARKNESS!

6. Ice Climbers – Love these guys, but with the new mechanics of ladders and the Footstool Jump, I just don’t know whether these guys could reliably work out without major work on the AI.
7. Paper Mario – He could be so very different to the regular Mario it makes my nose bleed. I desperately wanted him in the list, but there’s enough Mario support as it is. Awful shame too.

Guys Who Could Well Be In Brawl, But Would Essentially Be Clones:

1. Windwaker Link – Eh, this guy isn’t so much desperately wanted as ‘If I want a 2D Mario, I suppose I should list a cel-shaded Link too’. Fact is I don’t think he could be much more than a clone, so he’s really just here to stop people from bugging me.
2. Wolf – Because it’s pretty well a battle between him and Falco at the moment. And while I’m all for cycling out old characters for new ones in the right conditions, and Falco was essentially a clone and Wolf is about as important, the fact is that Falco could possibly be made something other than a Fox clone. I don’t imagine Wolf could.
3. Marth – I imagine Marth as being rather similar to Ike, and he’s old news anyway. But like I said, if Ganondorf fills the quota of heavy sword-wielding brutes, expect to see him instead of BK.
4. Waluigi – Okay, now this guy’s not so much a clone of Mario or Luigi, given his incredibly lanky form and the fact that he has no moveset and could theoretically be given something entirely new. But he’s filler material, and as likely to be a clone as any other character I can think of.
I'm really liking this roster. The only 2 problems I have with it are:

1) WW Link would make a fine clone, but he could also be made to be quite original. The Dehu leaf and Skull Hammer, for example, could be used to differentiate Young Link from his more realistic inceranation.

2) Samus and Zamus each have unique movesets, so they technically count as two chaacters. Just sayin....

I'm a sucker for any list with Olimar and BlackKnight. 9.5/10 Great job

I'm behind you 110% on Square: I think some of Square's best games were from the Nintendo consoles. Chrono Trigger being one of my favorites. Magus is a close second in comparision to villians next to Ganondorf.

You and I seem to have similiar goals/views on the subject. Welcome to the board Vagrant.

Okay... I'm gonna try something... Forgive me if this sucks... but...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/57/DanteOriginal.jpg

Dante

"A" moves:

Smash Attacks:

Aerials:

Dair: Dante grabs his sword with both hands and drives between his legs, preparing to stab his sword into the ground or an unlucky victim beneath him.

B moves:

B button: Dante draws Ebony and Ivory, and fires away. These shots will have as much knockback and stun rate as a Super Scope would. However, being that Dante is the cocky SoB that he is, taunts after about ten shots or so. Classic lines include:
"Come on! Bring it!"
"You want this? YOU WANT THIS?!"
"Let's dance, sugar."
"Aww... Yeah!"
"...Groovy..."
"Who wants some?!"
The shots do 1-2% each hit, out of 10-15 shots (debatable, I think ten would work best). The taunts take 2-3 seconds, before he can fire again. (This move is debatable, as I know Sakurai didn't want Snake to have a gun in Brawl, but Dante without Ebony and Ivory is like Snake without his Bandana).

In the air, dante will glide forward a short distance, and slam his foe towards the ground. Dante will fly down with this move a short distance, and then into his fall animation, where he will tumble to his , or land on a platform.

Grabs:

Jabs:
Fthrow:

And that's my first moveset. I think I'll make changes to it every once and a while... Sorry for the sucktitude. ^_^;;
I know zip about the Devil May Cry series, but I know awesomeness when I see it. That's one fine moveset ODIN. Now if only Dante would appear on a Nintendo platform....

Next "update" on the first post should include Samus' profile since we now know how she transforms in ZSS
Good point. I'll get on that.

I'm sorry to do this but...

NOOK WAS NOT DECONFIRMED! Nowhere in the update of Smashville did it say that "Tom Nook will not be playable". Unless the website offers indesputable PROOF that Nook will not be playable (he appears as an AT, we see the final roster, we get a note telling us he won't, etc.), it CANNOT be assumed that he will not appear as a playable character.

I can argue that it's not denial (for me at least.) Up until the Smashville update, I couldn't have cared less about the Animal Crossing representation. Now, I just want Nook in just to spite all of those who jump to the conclusion that he won't be in because he's in the background.
The problem is that Nook was never assumed to be in Brfawl. He was just the obvious choice, in many people's minds (myself included) to rep the AC series. Nook in the background of Smashville doesn't prove zip, but it is a strong indication that he won't appear as it is rare for a character to be playable while also in the background of a stage.

Regardless, you must admit that Sakurai must want people to assume that Nook is out of the question, since he deliberately showed a screenshot swith him in the background.

i think mewtwo chances is way higher then probable.

id say pretty likely.
What's a Mewtwo?

There's always Rygar!

I'd rather see Secret of Mana, especially since I just picked up VI Advance...and I still have my FF Chronicles when I feel like Chrono Trigger. A multiplayer SoM on DS (WiFi!) would make me much happier.

Your sig's pretty biznitchin', by the way.

Anyway...have I missed anything major during my month-long exodus from SWF? Anyone die/change genders? Anything explode?

Definitely not. I really think Ninty's missed out by not giving us Mother 3 and the Mother 1+2 GBA cart...

Also, I'm just now playing Mother 3 (thank you online translation guides!), and I can definitely say that Ness and Lucas would be clones.
Awesome! The Cheif is back. Tell us Mendez, what are your thoughts on these recent updates? Assist Trophies, Nook in the Smashville background, Zamus' transformation, Bowser's awesome new look, etc.

Smooth Criminal
Dylan might be a professional whiner, but he does keep things interesting...

It's a vicious cycle, one that will continue until the end of time! WAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

By the way DS, I totally called Donkey Kong's Final Smash.

I don't understand
Becuase

why they quote someone,
it

break it into twenty pieces,
is

and only respond to each statement with something like:
fun.

"Ya? I agree."
Ya, I agree.

<_<

Well, before I crash, I'll say this;

Tonight's update was a fun addition to the item world. Yay Animal Crossing representation!

Night everyone.

Tomorrow: I'm thinking an Isaac moveset... >_>
I agree. My favorite item so far (not counting the Assist Trophy).

Notice how it appears that this item is now the only way of passing through platforms? Realistic physics engine, here we come!

Huh. Well, I guess we can start assuming that, at the very least, Sakurai sure does like Animal Crossing.
So it would appear. Smashville is the ultimate fan service.

-Wind Waker Link: *bites off heads of everyone who disagrees, and uses the lame graphics excuse.* Kirby! Dr. Wright! etc. :laugh: Lugified Link Clone-Midna [w/t or w/o Wolf Link, it doesn't matter IMO]: Pretty much in.

There, 37 Original Charactes, 9 Clones. Good still, though I could see a few of the clones I listed not making the cut. I've had Samurai Goroh and Dexoys cut, and let us hope another awsome character isn't deconfirmed...AGAIN! *prays there is a update involving hate towards the Plusle/Minun idea, and Sakurai talking about how he hates Black Shadow*. So ya...there you go! ;)

Note: BTW, since I think G&W is probably as easy to put in Brawl as a clone [if not easier], Mach Rider and Balloon Fight[er] still stand a good chance if that is to happen, as well as Little Mac and a few other legitmate and important retro characters.

Also, if some of my clones get cut, I see the F-Zero character gone, Lucas next, and then I'm stuck between Dark Samus, Wolf, and the 3rd FE character. This is my actually my REAL character predictions list to be honest (if you add Balloon Fight[er] or Mach Rider to it]. So ya, enjoy and please rate! :p
I dunno, I really think that if another F-zero character were to be included, Goroh would have been it. And yeah, Black Shadow sucks big time.

It's great roster JK, but I've come to the sad realization that Sakurai doesn't see the brilliance of clones. Hopefully I'm wrong...

9.8/10

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

i completly agree with everything except ww link. awesome. 9/10
i also disagree with the multitude of clones, but now, since sakurai said no more than 50, your list can happen withput any clones.

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
I'm really liking this roster. The only 2 problems I have with it are:

1) WW Link would make a fine clone, but he could also be made to be quite original. The Dehu leaf and Skull Hammer, for example, could be used to differentiate Young Link from his more realistic inceranation.

2) Samus and Zamus each have unique movesets, so they technically count as two chaacters. Just sayin....

I'm a sucker for any list with Olimar and BlackKnight. 9.5/10 Great job
Well, to be honest, I haven't had the chance to play Windwaker too much. So, if he can be made a not-clone, or at least only a half clone, then cool. But he's still not fitting in my list. Especially since I apparently have to take someone out to fit in Zamus. Hrm....

And wow, it's freakishly hard. I guess I could cut Dark Samus, since there's technically 3 reps for metroid already there...

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
K.Rool as a Bowser clone? No way, K.Rool has enough moves to create his own moveset and he is not slow like bowser. K.Rool in DKC 1 could jump from one side of the stage to the other and charge at DK and Diddy at a speed that was faster than them.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Notice how it appears that this item is now the only way of passing through platforms? Realistic physics engine, here we come!
OBJECTION!!!

Trailer 1. After everyone gets their Brawl "redux", the first shot after the "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" text is seen, Kirby clearly drops through the top platform on the new battlefield.

Trailer 2. During the "recap", on Mario Kart Circuit (let's call it that for now), MetaKnight can be seen dropping through the platform.

TAKE THAT!!

:chuckle:

Gonna go back and re-edit the moveset for Dante, and then brainstorm on a moveset for Isaac. Thanks for all the feedback on making this work guys! :) Really appreciate it!

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629

Dante

Height: 4/5
Weight: 3/5
Attack Power: 4/5
Grab Range: 2/5
Running Speed: 3/5
Jump: 5/5
Falling Speed: 3/5
Rolling Speed: 3/5

"A" moves:

AAA: Charges forward(much like C.Falcon) with his sword poised behind him, and thrusts forward for a strong hit, shouting "Stinger!", and proceeds to execute rapid jabs with the sword. Pressing or holding the A button will continue jabbing, until the button is released or stops being pressed. It'll take 2-3 stabs for the jabbing to stop.

Smash Attacks:
Forward Smash: Dante brings his sword around his back, much like holding a baseball bat. When he swings, he hits his opponent with the flat of the sword, screaming, "FOOOOOOOOOOOoouUUURR!!!" High Knockback, considerable damage, but slow.
Up Smash: Dante begins to hold the sword in a lower stance, and after the charge, raises the sword in an arc in an upward angle (think Marth's Nair, only up. At this angle ---> /). If someone needs me to explain this, I can try. :-?
Down Smash: Dante holds his sword above his head, ready to stab the ground. After the charge is released, Dante stabs the ground, and whips himself around the sword for one complete turning, yelling "WAHOO!!". Think Neo, in Matrix two.

Aerials:

Dair: Dante begins to fall, head first, and slashes the air infront of him twice. The first hit has no knockback, and little damage %. The second hit is a spike, with decent damage and knockback. After the second swing, Dante begins to bring his legs to his feet, and lands in a crouched position. It'll take about 1 second for the lag to wear off.

B moves:

B button: Dante draws Ebony and Ivory, and fires away. These shots will have as much knockback and stun rate as a Super Scope would. However, being that Dante is the c ocky SoB that he is, taunts after about ten shots or so. Classic lines include:
"Come on! Bring it!"
"You want this? YOU WANT THIS?!"
"Let's dance, sugar."
"Aww... Yeah!"
"...Groovy..."
"Who wants some?!"
The shots do 1-2% each hit, out of 10-15 shots (debatable, I think ten would work best). The taunts take 2-3 seconds, before he can fire again. (This move is debatable, as I know Sakurai didn't want Snake to have a gun in Brawl, but Dante without Ebony and Ivory is like Snake without his Bandana).

Grabs:

Jabs:
Fthrow:
Dante brings his opponent behind him, doing a quick crow-hop while saying, "The wind up..." Dante then chucks his opponent forward, shouting, "The pitch!" his opponent landing a decent distance away. The highest knockback out of the throws. If an opponent is KO'd from this manuever (within 2 seconds, i.e., they fly to the horizontal limit), Dante shouts, "It's good!!" Opponent has the chance to wiggle out much like Kirby's B-throw (It's only fair). If there is no kill, nothing is said.
Uthrow: Dante hurls his opponent up into the air with a toss from his left arm. He then fires a few rounds at his opponent, juggling them in the air. 5 shots. Not very high knockback, but not very low. High enough so that at 0-5% the opponent is high enough to be juggled.
Bthrow: The enemy is propped up behind Dante, who pops into the air level at chest level, then dropkicks the dazed foe while firing both his pistols into said enemy's face.
Dthrow: The enemy's dropped to the ground, then is "surfed upon" for a few feet, before being kicked away in the opposite direction (surf forward, kicked backward, so you can't cheap people off edges). Dante's typical "WHOO!!" is shouted during this animation. Variations include:
"WHOO!"
"WHOOHOOHOOHOO!!"
"AWW YEAH!!"
"SURF'S UP!!"
"LOOK MA! NO HANDS!"

Final Smash: Devil Trigger.

Dante activates his Devil Trigger, glowing red with swirls of red lightning around him. Dante is faster, stronger, his jumps have improved, and he gets a third flap on his up+B. His jab attack is faster as well, but is only 1% stronger compared to the normal jab attack. He also moves considerably farther on his towards b. He is invincible during this time as in he won't take any extra damage, but can still suffer knockback if he is hit with any other attacks (keeping it as close to DMC as possible). Percentage is taken into account on his knockback from hits (example, if he was at 80%, he'd still fly back as if he was at 80%, regardless of Devil Trigger). The length of this FS is left to debate, but would be based off of the time used in Bowser's transformation into Giga Bowser, or other transformation FS that haven't yet been revealed. His voice also changes with the Devil Trigger, giving it more of a devilish tone to it.

Taunt: Dante puts his sword on his shoulder, and makes the "bring it" motion with his other hand, while saying, "Let's do this!"

Winning pose two: Dante can't be seen. Offscreen, from stage left, Dante jumps in, swinging his sword in front of him, holding the sword behind him in a final pose as he is crouched on the ground.

Winning pose three: Dante slides in while riding the back of a random wireframe (male or female. Also, it can be a Mii, if Mii's replace wireframes. It can also be a Redead, if we want the closest thing to a demon in the Nintendoverse). He's spinning in circles firing his gun randomly, while the wireframe/Mii/Redead is struggling to get out of the surfing position. Dante is of course shouting his "WooHooHooHoo!!" while riding. After a couple spins, Dante looks at the screen, holding the guns up, barrels smoking.

~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry for the double post, but the moveset has now been re-edited with changes. Enjoy, and feel free to leave feedback and anymore changes you deem fit.

Mendez: For winning pose number three, I found the wireframe/Mii/Redead to be best since it fits the mood of Brawl. :shrug:

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
OBJECTION!!!

Trailer 1. After everyone gets their Brawl "redux", the first shot after the "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" text is seen, Kirby clearly drops through the top platform on the new battlefield.

Trailer 2. During the "recap", on Mario Kart Circuit (let's call it that for now), MetaKnight can be seen dropping through the platform.

TAKE THAT!!

:chuckle:

Gonna go back and re-edit the moveset for Dante, and then brainstorm on a moveset for Isaac. Thanks for all the feedback on making this work guys! :) Really appreciate it!
Urgh! Case dismissed. I spoke too soon...

EDIT: I know why we always see new Mii threads pop up, even though we already have one. I think the search function doesn't register the word "Mii". Every time I search it, it gives me no results. Everyone: try it and see if I'm nuts.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
A new challenger approaches…

Isaac

Height: 2/5
Weight: 2/5
Attack Power: 3/5
Grab Range: 2/5
Running Speed: 3/5
Jump: 3/5
Falling Speed: 3/5

“A” Moves:

A: Isaac makes a quick slash with his sword in front of him. The move can be used as a rapid jabbing attack. It is faster than Marth’s, but slower than Roy's. The attack is similiar to Marth's current A attack.

F-tilt: Isaac performs a long, horizontal slash in front of him. Decent knockback, average damage.
U-tilt: Isaac swings his sword over his head, drawing across his body from back to front. The attack is strongest on the down swing, but has decent knockback when the attack hits above his body.
D-tilt: Isaac slams the ground in front of him with his palm, causing a minor tremor, and ripples the ground making rocks shoot out of the ground slightly. The foe trips. Little knockback, decent damage.

Smash Attacks:
Forward Smash: Isaac crouches low. After the charge, Isaac lunges forward with a horizontal sweep. Strong knockback, very laggy after the hit. No follow up.
Up Smash: Isaac, brings his arms close to his body. After the charge, Isaac throws his arms up in the air, and rocks from the ground fly upward a short distance. The rocks do decent damage, but little knockback. Great for aerial counters.
Down Smash: Isaac brings his arms close to his body again, this time, looking at the ground. After the charge, Isaac slams his fists into the ground, causing a stronger tremor around his body. The area of effect is within a “foot and a half” of his body. The tremor is only slightly lower than Isaac’s height. Strong attack, decent knockback at an upward angle.

Aerials:

Nair: Isaac performs a flip in midair, bringing his sword in front of him. This attack is quick, little knockback, and has an attack radius from above his head (first frame) to behind him (last frame before leveling out). It’s a 180 degree attack range.
Fair: Isaac does a horizontal slash at slightly lower angle to his body. It’s a quick slash with good knockback and damage (Edit: Fair and Bair are the same. This attack will turn Isaac around).
Uair: Isaac raises his arm above him, using Psynergy to smack his opponent from below (think bowser Uair, only better range). The move is slow, and laggy, but has excellent range and knockback
Dair: Isaac kicks twice with his feet beneath him. 2 hits max. No knockback on the first hit, the second hit is a meteor smash. Low damage.

“B” Moves:

B : Venus Djinn
Isaac summons a Venus Djinn to fire a rock at his opponent. The rock will do 3-5% damage, knockback is average. Can be spammed, but it works like Falco’s laser, and has a projectory like it as well. There’s lag between each blast. Same projectory when in the air.

Towards B: Mars Djinn
Isaac summons a Mars Djinn to breathe fire upon his opponents. The Djinn stays in the spot it was summoned. The attack works like a fire flower. It lasts for a few seconds, and then the Djinn disappears, the fire gradually getting smaller with each breath. Isaac can't summon the Mars Djinn for about 4 seconds, as to prevent spamming (he's basically a pokeball).

Down B: Mercury Djinn
Isaac summons a Djinn to create a ice wall in front of him. This ice wall can be used to stand on, jump on, and can be picked up by stronger characters. It can be shattered after 20% damage has been done to it (based on characters, I.e. DK should have no problem shattering it). If an opponent is in front of Isaac while using this, the pillar causes some damage and knockback. While in the air, Isaac can use this to create a small sheet of ice beneath him, that floats in the air long enough (not long, like a second. It floats glowing as if it was just created) for Isaac (and other characters) to use a footstool jump off of it. After the move has been used, it takes 10 seconds before it can be used again, as it requires a lot of Psynergy to use, since Isaac is an Earth Adept. When attempted to be used after the first time, Isaac creates a splash of water, causing no damage, no knockback, and doesn’t effect the foe at all.

Up B: Jupiter Djinn
Isaac summons the Jupiter Djinn to propel him a large distance in any direction. The move’s range is farther than Falco’s, but shorter than Fox’s. It’s fast, and has no charge time. However, it deals no damage, and no knockback. It has low priority, so Isaac can be knocked out of it easily.

Final Smash: Grand Gaia
Isaac raises his arms into the air, the stage/arena shaking. The stage erupts with flying rocks and light pouring from the ground, dealing massive damage. Each rock counts as a hit, so it'll deal damage on a multiple hit level, rather than a one time massive damage hit. The range of the attack is based upon the size of the stage, not the screen. Also, the most damage is closest to the ground. The mid stage area (example: between the platforms on battlefield) is the weakest. Anything above the mid stage area is unaffected.

Grabs:
Isaac reaches out with both arms, and grabs his opponent. His reach is short.

Jab:
Isaac knees his opponent.

Fthrow:
Isaac shoves his opponent forward with both arms. Average knockback, average damage.

Uthrow:
Since Isaac is so tiny, and doesn’t have a lot of arm strength, Isaac uses his magic to use the ground as launcher. The ground beneath his opponent shoots up as a pillar of earth, propelling the opponent into the air. High knockback, decent damage. The pillar disappears after the throw.

Dthrow: Isaac shoves his foe to the ground, and pops him in the face 3 times. Multiple hitter, for 2-3% each hit. After the punches, the opponent slides forward from the 3rd hit, which is much like an uppercut, only horizontal. Low knockback. Damage is average. Highest damage out of throws, due to multiple hits.

Bthrow: Isaac uses his Psynergy to grab his opponent, and chuck him backwards. Highest knockback out of the throws.

Taunt: Isaac looks around him as the 4 Djinnii(?)(can’t remember what was plural and singular) dance about him quickly, and then quickly vanish.

Winning pose #1: Isaac sheaths his sword, and pants heavily, looking at the screen with a tired face.

Winning pose#2: Isaac looks around him as the Djinnii Swirl around him. The Djinnii and Isaac look at the screen, Isaac has a smile.

Winning pose#3: Isaac lowers his arms, and raises them high into the air, with a few rocks circling around him.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
nice moveset. i could see this working, except maybe one of his be moves should be replaced with a special slash of some kind. the thing that seems least likley is his down b.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I found it a little extreme too, but I found it would be a good way for him to recover, seeing as how his jump sucks. Plus, in the game, you used the Mercury magic to make frost pillars to go places. :shrugs: Just kinda put two and two together.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
all you have to do is make some moves a little less complicated for animation

make his down b a ice sheild which is basically vertical wall of ice that looks similiar to the shards in zelda's b

in the air it does the same thing but it's horizontal letting you (and others) to footstool jump it

and for the earth moves you don't need to use the actual stage ground but have rocks magically appear

it'll look cool enough, it fits in nintendo physics, but it causes less stress in animation

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Hmm... That seems to work a lot better. I'll go back and change that. ;) Thanks guys.

EDIT: Changed some stuff around on Isaac and Dante. I included this form:

Height:
Weight:
Attack Power:
Grab Range:
Running Speed:
Jump:
Falling Speed:
Rolling Speed:

The scale is out of 5.

Top Bottom