• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
Check out my Isaac moveset
If Isaac is playable in Brawl I just wanted to see how close (or far) their moveset was from the one I was thinking of.

(Insert Biggest, Best Moveset EVER
Wow, now that is what you would call a moveset!

And, may I ask, what's with everyone talking about alt. Costumes, Samus, and Metaknight's moves (again?)

What's going on? All I see is Sheik (With no hair loss from Zelda, may I add).

EDIT: Nevermind,the tables are on everyone's updates too. Sweet!

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Nor am I saying that TP is the best Zelda game ever.
Wait what?

Say that again.

THATS WHAT I'VE BEEN TRYING TO SAY THIS WHOLE TIME! TP was a great game but nowhere near the best Zelda. You just addmited that the point I was trying to prove is right.

Anyway now that Shiek is confirmed all the haters that said she won't get in because of all the TP stuff just got owned.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion

BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Lame, lame, lame! With one Dojo update, Sakuari has abandoned any claim to representing the Zelda series and decided to include some freak of nature that hasn't even appeared in the Zelda series. Twilight Princess-ized Sheik? Idiotic.

I can't say I didin't see this coming, but I still don't approve. I can only hope he/she/it/potatoe is nerfed beyond recognition.

I couldnt help thinking about this when I noticed Meta Knight's profile... Well Wisey, you got your wish! :laugh:
Wow. My prediction skills astound even myself. :dizzy:

The only thing better would be if we got it a FOURTH time.

wiseguy, was our bet depending on whether or not shiek's in, or was it ww link? i deleted the pm... if it was shiek, i have a brand new sig for you =)
*Grumble, grumble* Awaiting your sig.:mad:

Wiseguy... remember that bet we made... a long time ago... you think anyone remembers?
Good grief, you mean I made a Sheik bet with you too?! What did I promise, my first born?

THATS WHAT I'VE BEEN TRYING TO SAY THIS WHOLE TIME! TP was a great game but nowhere near the best Zelda. You just addmited that the point I was trying to prove is right.

Anyway now that Shiek is confirmed all the haters that said she won't get in because of all the TP stuff just got owned.
I still consider TP the best Zelda, but that's just me.

I fear for Midna now. :(
As you can tell by her place on my list, I share this concern. Let's hope the inclusion of a certain transexual ninja didn't remove the need for a Zelda character who is actually WORTHY of being included.

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, but this is annoying me.

There is no "e" in potato. I like how you keep saying "he/she/it/potato," but there is no "e" in potato. Dan Quayle, Vice President of the United States (1989-1993), corrected a child in a spelling bee, telling him that there was an "e." He was ridiculed for a long time afterwards. When you pluralize potato, it becomes potatoes. That is the only time there's an "e."

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Sorry, but this is annoying me.

There is no "e" in potato. I like how you keep saying "he/she/it/potato," but there is no "e" in potato. Dan Quayle, Vice President of the United States (1989-1993), corrected a child in a spelling bee, telling him that there was an "e." He was ridiculed for a long time afterwards. When you pluralize potato, it becomes potatoes. That is the only time there's an "e."
Uh... would you believe that potato has an "e" when it's used in the context of referring to a gender ambiguous videogame character?

Smash Ace
It is true that Sheik looks for feminine this time. Maybe you better remove that 'e' from "potato." Just don't remove the picture of the potato.

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
Seriously though-Wind Waker Link semi-confirmed. Why the f*** would Sakurai have a trophy of him in his island clothes AND NOT HIS NORMAL SUIT=??? Anyways, Samus has a trophy for her Fusion Suit. And Samus reconfirms alternate costumes=YES! :)
Hmm? Where did this information come from? Alt costumes for more than Wario you say? Oh, and raphtmarqui, that's one helluva moveset for Issac, I'd love it if he got in with those moves! Nice!

Elysium

Smash Lord

BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Lame, lame, lame! With one Dojo update, Sakuari has abandoned any claim to representing the Zelda series and decided to include some freak of nature that hasn't even appeared in the Zelda series. Twilight Princess-ized Sheik? Idiotic.

I can't say I didin't see this coming, but I still don't approve. I can only hope he/she/it/potatoe is nerfed beyond recognition.
Oh no way. I can't wait to see Sheik beat down Snake...Oh what butterflies it will give me. I agree with Shadow though....Sheik is pretty beastly.

Anyway...What does this say about the Prima "leak". Calling Olimar....then calling Sheik right after Olimar..doesn't it give this one a little more merit... at least in my book it does. Even though it was claimed fake... what if thats just to throw us off, or perhaps some characters were thrown in to make it fake on purpose. If Jiggs or Krystal (YESSS) are revealed next...it'll be crazy.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman

I'm pretty sure Sheik has appeared in the Zelda series, and having an updated design doesn't change that.
But then it's understandable to think this, as you're just one of the many, many people on these forums who can't come to terms with all the Links and Zeldas appearing across the series being the same character.
It's like the Blackadder series, if anyone here knows about that wonderful BBC historical sitcom. Time, place, and social status may change, but Blackadder is always Blackadder and Baldrick is still Baldrick.

Oh yeah, congrats on being right, wiseguy...
Haha, man that's fun, because you didn't want to be right this time! This is like gloating and being polite AT THE SAME TIME.
But hang in there, because when Ness and/or Marth is confirmed you can be happy about being wrong.

Good grief, you mean I made a Sheik bet with you too?! What did I promise, my first born?
You made a bet with very nearly everyone; although if I recall what you actually bet was something more along the lines of your dignity.

As you can tell by her place on my list, I share this concern. Let's hope the inclusion of a certain transexual ninja didn't remove the need for a Zelda character who is actually WORTHY of being included.
You're talking about the new Young Link, right?

Arteen

Smash Lord

Bitter much? Well, enjoy your sig! :p

Chaos Wolf

Smash Cadet
no they didn't
under the four pictures, above "Meta Knight: Special Moves" update there is an edit to his profile that is

"Meta Knight's Special Moves "
Standard Special Move Mach Tornado
Side Special Move Drill Rush
Up Special Move Shuttle Loop
Down Special Move Dimensional Cape
Final Smash Galaxia Darkness​

so in addition to the "Meta Knight: Special Moves" update and the "Four Special Move Types" update, they are shown on his original profile.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Ironic. they did sortof reveal meta's moveset a third time.
:laugh::laugh:

Oh come on, She's not that bad, She's probably going to be nerfed to hell, And midna's not really that spot worthy also.

BTW, Fix your "SUCCESS!!!!!" List.

Smash Ace
I agree. They should have made TP Zelda transform into Tetra. I mean, how awesome would that be?

Greevy

Smash Cadet
Personally (And in so much of a definite minority its funny) I'd much rather have King Mickey then Sora if Kingdom Hearts was to be in the game.

1. Its freaking Yoda meets Mickey Mouse
2. Its techniquly kinda almost a character who started in a video game (A.K.A. Mickey isn't actually a king, nor is he a total bad*** in real/animated life)
3. Mario versus Mickey... and I guess also Mario versus Mickey versus Sonic versus Pac-Man

Copperpot

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure Sheik has appeared in the Zelda series, and having an updated design doesn't change that.
But then it's understandable to think this, as you're just one of the many, many people on these forums who can't come to terms with all the Links and Zeldas appearing across the series being the same character.
It's like the Blackadder series, if anyone here knows about that wonderful BBC historical sitcom. Time, place, and social status may change, but Blackadder is always Blackadder and Baldrick is still Baldrick.
He was referring to the fact that Shiek was never featured in TP, and as such, is an abomination on a canonical scale. Which brings up the legitimacy of the rest of your statement: it has been noted that the Legend of Zelda takes place in the same world over a long, long period of time, a length of time that would make it nigh impossible for the same Link or Zelda to live through.

Ganondorf, on the other hand, possessed the Triforce of Power, and with it he was able to elongate his life span over centuries (if not an eternity).

What I don't get, is how many, many people don't understand that each incarnation of Link is unique from the one previous, despite their like-appearances. In fact, it's even referenced in most of the recent games that the Link your playing as resembles a hero from past time (most apparent in Wind Waker), which is usually an homage to the Link from Ocarina of Time.

Oh yeah, congrats on being right, wiseguy...
Haha, man that's fun, because you didn't want to be right this time! This is like gloating and being polite AT THE SAME TIME.
But hang in there, because when Ness and/or Marth is confirmed you can be happy about being wrong.
I found it pretty hilarious, myself, even though I didn't want to see Sheik make it either. :urg:

You made a bet with very nearly everyone; although if I recall what you actually bet was something more along the lines of your dignity.
Well, I vaguely remember Johnknight betting someone a copy of Brawl on a similar matter of sorts.

You're talking about the new Young Link, right?
I'm hoping that was sarcasm, but if not, he was referring to Midna. :)

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
Im with Wiseguy here:I hate Sheik.But I have to admit that he/she/it/potatoe looks great.
BTW Congratulations Wiseguy

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Well, while I don't want Shiek to be completely overpowered, I don't want to see her nerfed to hell either. There are some people that would actually like to play as a ninja and it would be terrible if she sucked. Then again, I wanted to play as a powerhouse swordsman in addition to my fast one, but Ike didn't turn out like I'd hoped. He'd be better if he had a few fast moves and couldn't be grab through his super armor frames (and had them on a lot more of his moves.)

If Shiek looks that different I'm worried that they'll change Marth's apperance too much and screw it up.

Shadowplusle

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Sheik looks bad at all. She actually looks pretty amazing to me. I like the new look. As for other characters that might be returning with new looks. Can't wait to see Captain Falcon, and if marth and roy get back in. I can't wait to see them either. They should look pretty cool.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Well, while I don't want Shiek to be completely overpowered, I don't want to see her nerfed to hell either. There are some people that would actually like to play as a ninja and it would be terrible if she sucked. Then again, I wanted to play as a powerhouse swordsman in addition to my fast one, but Ike didn't turn out like I'd hoped. He'd be better if he had a few fast moves and couldn't be grab through his super armor frames (and had them on a lot more of his moves.)

If Shiek looks that different I'm worried that they'll change Marth's apperance too much and screw it up.
That's if marth is not replaced by takamaru. :laugh: (I Kid :lick:)

Seriously she's just going to be more balanced, They have to keep em balanced...

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
He was referring to the fact that Shiek was never featured in TP, and as such, is an abomination on a canonical scale. Which brings up the legitimacy of the rest of your statement: it has been noted that the Legend of Zelda takes place in the same world over a long, long period of time, a length of time that would make it nigh impossible for the same Link or Zelda to live through.
There's a wonderful British sitcom called Blackadder that I was useing to explain myself. See, in the sitcom every series takes place in a different historical period, with the main characters replaced with their decedents.
Despite this, the characters (and the actors playing them) never really change. It's still the scheming Edmund Blackadder and his sidekick Baldrick, whether they're in the medieval ages or World War 1.
In the same way, Link is always Link and Zelda is always Zelda. Settings change and all that, but from a story standpoint it's still Link going to save the Princess. Sure, it may be a 'different' Link navigating a different fire temple and getting a different boomerang, but that's just to keep the gameplay fresh. Link is always Link. He's a character who exists outside of any one specific narrative.

I'm hoping that was sarcasm, but if not, he was referring to Midna. :)
Well, duh. I'm just sort of making light of the fact that, Sheik aside, there's still a really great Zelda character waiting in the wings.
I don't think Sheik really hurts or helps Midna. It's Ganondorf and possibly even young link getting remade that could hinder her, as those two would require actual new movesets which oterwise might go to Midna. That's just my opinion, though.

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
Ok,heres my final roster:

*Mario Saga:Mario,Peach,Bowser,Luigi and Bowser Jr.

-Jr is the 5th most important in the saga.Its a risk,but I take it.

*TLOZ Saga:Link,Zelda/Sheik,Ganondorf and Link WW.

-Link WW is way different than Link TP.Also,he was on the poll.

*Pokemon Saga:pikachu,Red,Jigglypuff,Mewtwo and Lucario.

-Theres a Lucario boom right now in Japan.Too popular.Say what you want,but Pokemons is the 2th most important Nintendo saga.

*Kirby Saga:Kirby,Metaknight,King Dedede.

-Nothing to say here.

*Metroid Saga:Samus/Zamus and Ridley.

-Ridley needs to be in.He and the whole saga deserves it.

*StarFox Saga:Fox,Krystal and Falco.

-Krystal is clear.Falco was very popular in Melee,so he makes the cut.This is another risk.

*DK Saga:DK and Diddy Kong.

-Poor saga.I want Rool,but this saga is in a big downfall.

*Fire Emblem Saga:Ike,Marth and Eliwood.

So here it comes: my biggest risk.Eliwood is relative to Roy(looks similar),he represent a new earth(Elibe) and he can use a spear.This is a big risk,but I take it.Eliwood is the dark horse.

*Mother Saga:Lucas and Claus.

Mother deserves a new character.Claus is the only one.

*F-Zero Saga:C.Falcon and Black Shadow.

Simply put:I hate Shadow,but he was on the poll.If Mother has 2 characters,F-Zero needs 2 also.
Also:R.I.P Goroh.

*Others:C.Olimar,Wario,Yoshi and Ray MKII

Ray has a lot of games.Thats his main advantage over Isaac.This may go either way..¿Isaac or Ray?I pick the robot.But Isaac is way cooler.

*Retro:pit,Ice Climbers,G&W and Takamaru.

-Takamaru was on the poll and he has the WTF factor.

*Third Party:Snake,Sonic,Geno and Megaman.

-Geno is too popular.On the other hand,Im not taking any risk in the Megaman situation.

So 43 characters.I think its a very good number.It isnt too big and should keep happy the Brawl fans.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
There's a wonderful British sitcom called Blackadder that I was useing to explain myself. See, in the sitcom every series takes place in a different historical period, with the main characters replaced with their decedents.
Despite this, the characters (and the actors playing them) never really change. It's still the scheming Edmund Blackadder and his sidekick Baldrick, whether they're in the medieval ages or World War 1.
In the same way, Link is always Link and Zelda is always Zelda. Settings change and all that, but from a story standpoint it's still Link going to save the Princess. Sure, it may be a 'different' Link navigating a different fire temple and getting a different boomerang, but that's just to keep the gameplay fresh. Link is always Link. He's a character who exists outside of any one specific narrative.
I understand where you're coming from, however, it is ultimately up to the creator to promote the truth on topics such as these. Now, I don't know much about British sitcoms, but what your suggesting from this show is very similar to Zelda's position in the series, not Link's.

Each Zelda is a decendant of the Zelda that had come before. This makes a bit more sense, as blood and family are more inclined to repeat (with subtle differences, obviously). Any given Link, though, is not even remotely related to the ones of the past or future, and some of them display there own distinct personality (as in, Ocarina Link vs. Wind Waker Link).

The story is basically a never-ending prophecy. A great evil will surface, and then a boy in green will rise to the occasion and quell it. It just seems like the boy is always the same, because he uses the same (or very similar) tools and weapons each time.

I get what you're stabbing at, from a figurative standpoint. I just can't ignore the fact that they are literally meant to be different characters.

Well, duh. I'm just sort of making light of the fact that, Sheik aside, there's still a really great Zelda character waiting in the wings.
I don't think Sheik really hurts or helps Midna. It's Ganondorf and possibly even young link getting remade that could hinder her, as those two would require actual new movesets which oterwise might go to Midna. That's just my opinion, though.
I agree to an extent, but if Sakurai wants Midna to be playable, she'll be playable. It won't matter how many Zelda characters there are. I'd like her to be playable, and I think she deserves it. I just don't think that Sakurai is going to see it the same way this time around granted that he's already alluded to TP so many times now that much of the series has been overshadowed by it's most recent incarnation. That might even explain why Sheik is still around . . .

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
I fear for Midna now. :(
Well stop. I called it way back when Link was the only Zelda character and I stand by it now.

There will be five Zelda characters...and Midna will be one of them!

*Cuddles his Midna plushie*

Uh... would you believe that potato has an "e" when it's used in the context of referring to a gender ambiguous videogame character?
I think Shiek's days as the "transexual ninja" are done.

As this picture...

...and this picture...

...clearly show.

You gotta admit though, Wiseguy... Shiek looks **** good! Congrats to the designers.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
I understand where you're coming from, however, it is ultimately up to the creator to promote the truth on topics such as these. Now, I don't know much about British sitcoms, but what your suggesting from this show is very similar to Zelda's position in the series, not Link's.

Each Zelda is a decendant of the Zelda that had come before. This makes a bit more sense, as blood and family are more inclined to repeat (with subtle differences, obviously). Any given Link, though, is not even remotely related to the ones of the past or future...
Actually, not all the repeating characters in Blackadder were decedents, either, so both Link and Zelda work. Think of the sitcom as the same characters in a different setting. This is very similar to the Zelda series, where you have the same characters in what is often the same setting.
My point is that, although each Zelda narrative has to obey it's own set of rules, the characters themselves don't really have to follow any of those rules once taken outside the narrative. Link in TP is only one Link, but the character of Link himself exists in more than just one story.
The way I see it, Zelda in Brawl is the Zelda that we've come to know over the course of an entire series, not just one game from that series.

...and some of them display there own distinct personality (as in, Ocarina Link vs. Wind Waker Link).
Actually, I view Wind Waker Link (or Young Link, as I like to call him), as a different character. It's just the way his design and character seem to be splitting his games into the Zelda series' very own spin-off. But that's not really what we're talking about and it's kind of confusing, so I'll leave that alone for now.

The story is basically a never-ending prophecy. A great evil will surface, and then a boy in green will rise to the occasion and quell it. It just seems like the boy is always the same, because he uses the same (or very similar) tools and weapons each time.

I get what you're stabbing at, from a figurative standpoint. I just can't ignore the fact that they are literally meant to be different characters.
Yeah, in the games they're different, no question. But in the series? Think about it. We've come to know the characters of Link and Zelda over an entire series. We don't have to meet them all over again every time a new game comes out, because they're always the same character. It's only the setting we have to re-learn.

Really, this is just a way to have your cake and eat it too. Zelda can have all her TP designs without losing any of her Oot moves. It's only a matter of how you think about it.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
Well stop. I called it way back when Link was the only Zelda character and I stand by it now.

There will be five Zelda characters...and Midna will be one of them!

*Cuddles his Midna plushie*
I'm not worried at all, Midna is the biggest original character in Twilight Princess and really left a lasting mark, an inclusion in Brawl is practically mandatory.

I think Shiek's days as the "transexual ninja" are done.

As this picture...

...and this picture...

...clearly show.

You gotta admit though, Wiseguy... Shiek looks **** good! Congrats to the designers.
Yes, although I was anti-Sheik too I still think that Sheik will be insanely cool.

Hyper Luigi

Smash Ace
You know... I never once considered Takamaru as a possible Marth recplacement but I guess I could see that happen. However... Marth's moves aren't really samurai-like...

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
It's cause Wiseguy doesn't want to see another blue hair swordsmen, no matter how different Ike and Marth truely are, and no matter how much more important to the FE series Marth is than any other character. It feels like he's in denial or something.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
It's cause Wiseguy doesn't want to see another blue hair swordsmen, no matter how different Ike and Marth truely are, and no matter how much more important to the FE series Marth is than any other character. It feels like he's in denial or something.
It's because hair color determines everything to WG :ohwell:

Top Bottom