• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
wiseguy your roster makes me happy again...

after seeing all these leaks etc im having massive doubts about
1.Mewtwo being playable
2.Ridley being playable

thanks wiseguy
Not to burst your bubble friend, but I'm as worried about Ridley and Mewtwo (okay, I don't really care about Metwo) as you. I'm just not editing my final predictions anymore, since that would make them pretty pointless.

Josevb2

Smash Rookie
Glover for Brawl!

Do you remember Glover? Glover for the Nintendo 64?

Well he is basically a magician's glove, that is actually alive. The other glove fell into a cauldron of something evil and became.. well.. evil! Then Glover goes on an adventure to rescue the world from the evil glove... i know..... it sounds crappy.. but.. IT'S ACTUALLY A VERY GOOD GAME.

Possibilities: It seems to be impossible...

Glover could have a decent moveset since he has the power to control 4 different balls:
- Bowling Ball
- Glass Sphere
- Rubber Ball
- Mini Rubber Ball

Glover's moveset:

Standard Move: Jump on his current ball/ Get off his current ball
Ex.

Bowling Ball- you can't jump (just a slight hop). But, you can roll over people and damage them.
Glass Sphere- Jump normally. Can't roll over people.
Rubber Ball- Jump highest. Can roll over people, but no damage is given.
Mini Rubber Ball- Jump high. Can't roll over people.

Special Side Move: Slap ball= slaps the ball to the opponent.

Bowling Ball- Highest damage, but it is the slowest one to actually reach the opponent.
Glass Sphere- Breaks on contact and poisons the opponent.
Rubber Ball- Pushes the opponent.
Mini Rubber Ball-Slightly damages the opponent, but can be thrown repeatedly.

Special Down Move: Change Ball= well as you imagine. Glover magically changes his ball!

Order of Transformation: Rubber Ball -> Bowling Ball -> Mini Rubber Ball -> Glass Sphere

Special Up Move: Ground Pound= like a mario ground pound...

Final Smash: ??? Let's leave it to Sakurai's imagination ;)

What do you think?

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
You know, I looked at the trailer on Nintendo's website. Didn't see a thing. No Ness, No Jiggs, No Lucario. I didn't look at any of the videos on YouTube. If that's where you've been going to see these videos, then you've missed an obvious truth: photoshop.
*Sigh* Go to Smash news and read HOW they were confirmed.

Mr-Armageddon

Smash Apprentice
That is on a strictly need-to-know basis. If I to
Glover... let's see. We have an electric mouse, a man who farts on people, a man who uses walking plants as weapons, a weird green dinosaur who somehow turns into a dragon. Yup, a weird living glove fits right in with these freaks. It could make an interesting character, but you have to admit, it's not going to happen. Sorry to burst your bubble, I'm just trying to be realistic. ...Oh, welcome to SmashBoards.

Wrath`

Smash Master
i know glover, but he was for sony,lolz,

anyway i like that now the original 12 are all in,(only luigi and Captian need to be confremed) your list took a beatin' but you stick to it, coo'

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
"There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now, and Lucas is very similar." "Is it possible he can surpass even Ness?!"

"Do you Remember Marth and Roy?" "Can Ike surpass his two predecessors? Stay tuned!"

Eerily similar, huh.

Tatanga4Brawl

Smash Apprentice
MMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWTWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
COME BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!
AT-Photoshop-
creates melee sonic,melee toad, and a bunch of other photoshop fakes.
LUCARIO!?!?!?!?HE DOESN'T DESERVE IT!!!!!!!!!!
at this point, I don't even CARE if beating Mewtwo is as unchallenging as clubbing a baby seal! I just want him back!
"PSI THIS, LUCAS!!!"-Mewtwo
"I deserve a place in Brawl because I am blue, and starred in a single movie. Mewtwo can mindcontrol people, clone pokemon, toss enemies away with sheer will, and has 2 or 3 movies dedicated to him. Of COURSE Mewtwo doesn't deserve the position."-Lucario

Suska

Smash Apprentice
I looked at the official article, and Lucario is a pretty cool addition to the game. I can imagine him use some pretty sweet energy attacks. In fact, in some way, he could be really similar to Mewtwo. Just saying... Also, I really couldn't care less about Jigglypuff.
grrrr.... your sign.... I lost the game...

Back on topic. I really hope that Claus or Mewtwo(mostly Claus) hasnt been unlocked yet and they would appear on the sticker after that. I mean, Lucario and Puff is all fine and good but NESS!?! Why? Why not have Claus? a character that wouldnt be a clone Ness. *sigh* I'm still hopeful for him to be unlockable

Suska

Smash Apprentice
I looked at the official article, and Lucario is a pretty cool addition to the game. I can imagine him use some pretty sweet energy attacks. In fact, in some way, he could be really similar to Mewtwo. Just saying... Also, I really couldn't care less about Jigglypuff.
grrrr.... your sign.... I lost the game...

Back on topic. I really hope that Claus or Mewtwo(mostly Claus) hasnt been unlocked yet and they would appear on the sticker after that. I mean, Lucario and Puff is all fine and good but NESS!?! Why? Why not have Claus? a character that wouldnt be a clone Ness. *sigh* I'm still hopeful for him to be unlockable

Arteen

Smash Lord
I really can't see a small series like Mother getting three reps, even if one of them is a clone. If Claus does make it in, the roster had better be pretty large.

Tatanga4Brawl

Smash Apprentice
i like ness more than lucas.
and mewtwo more than lucario.
in fact, if you look at it, you could have the number of pokemans in melee +1-
pikachu, jiggs, mewtwo, replace pichu with lucario, poke trainer.
and claus could be in. i don't hate any character.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
Leaks make me all warm and fuzzy inside - and this one is a doozy. I'm happy to see Ness return (even if it does make my list wrong) because it would be such a shame to lose one of the original 12. Hopefully they change up his moveset to make him unique (good call Oystermiester).
Rock on.

I'll cut myself a bit of slack on the Lucario thing since I knew it had to be either he or Mewtwo and went with the decision that would provoke the least outrage from Poke-fans. Frankly I don't care which Pokemon make it (they all suck equally in my book) but I would wager than Mewtwo is gone.
I've gotta admit... as fantastically right as I was about Ness, I was equally wrong about Lucario. His confirmation comes as a huge surprise. Seriously, I was covinced this guy had no chance....
I just dearly hope Sakurai doesn't take away Mewtwo. As borderline horrifying as the idea of seven playable pokemon is.... if that's what it takes to get Mewtwo back, then so be it.
Besides, there was still enough space for a Mewtwo icon in those screenshots, it's not too far fetched...

I think Ness helps Marth's chances, but we shall see. Nothing is ever as it seems.
Well, Marth didn't need much help, BUT:
If you or anyone was still under the impression that Ike was somehow meant to replace/secede Marth, then the confirmation of Ness, who is far more similar to Lucas than Marth could ever be to Ike, should throw whatever tattered remnants of that haggard theory still exist right out the window. And into a wood chipper. And then shoot them.

Dude, I hope ROB makes it so much! He was in my roster way for a long time last year and I only too him down (reluctantly) because of the SSE video that strongly hinted at a deconfirmation!
ROB was also confirmed as a subspace army enemy in the 'subspace army' update. I think right now his best shot is as a subspace Boss.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Wow, now that's a load of info to take in (for being gone all weekend). Ness has been confirmed, which I hoped would happen but never thought it would. Here's hoping for a revised moveset. ^_^

Lucario should be interesting. I'm not really a Pokemon fan, but I know that Mewtwo should be in Brawl before he is. Bear in mind that this 'leak' probably doesn't show all of the characters unlocked yet, and Mewtwo was one of the last ones to defeat (unless you left your console on for five hours).

Jiggs . . . well . . . I really couldn't care less about.

All I want to know, is that the roster that Psycho posted isn't the complete 'leaked' roster. If it is, I'll be disappointed.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I think I'm waiting for the bulk of the roster to be confirmed before I update my "failures" list, guys. I figure I might as well do them all at once.

Aslo, Mushroomy Kingdom is EXTREMELY awesome. One of my favorite stages, definitely.

"There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now, and Lucas is very similar." "Is it possible he can surpass even Ness?!"

"Do you Remember Marth and Roy?" "Can Ike surpass his two predecessors? Stay tuned!"

Eerily similar, huh.
Indeed. Of course the former was said by Sakurai, while the secoond was from Famitsu. But point taken.

I've gotta admit... as fantastically right as I was about Ness, I was equally wrong about Lucario. His confirmation comes as a huge surprise. Seriously, I was covinced this guy had no chance....
I just dearly hope Sakurai doesn't take away Mewtwo. As borderline horrifying as the idea of seven playable pokemon is.... if that's what it takes to get Mewtwo back, then so be it.
Besides, there was still enough space for a Mewtwo icon in those screenshots, it's not too far fetched...
Maybe. But if there are seven Pokemon in Brawl and a second Metroid character (ie: Ridley) still doesn't make it I will be severely cheesed off.

Well, Marth didn't need much help, BUT:
If you or anyone was still under the impression that Ike was somehow meant to replace/secede Marth, then the confirmation of Ness, who is far more similar to Lucas than Marth could ever be to Ike, should throw whatever tattered remnants of that haggard theory still exist right out the window. And into a wood chipper. And then shoot them.
It's certainly looking that way. But will all appearances pointing to Mewtwo being replaced by Lucario (who is not at all similar) there is still a small possibility that Marth won't make it. But if I were to make a new list if predictions, Marth would probably be on them.

ROB was also confirmed as a subspace army enemy in the 'subspace army' update. I think right now his best shot is as a subspace Boss.
*Covers ears* LA LA LA LA! CAN'T HEAR YOU!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

As an aside... IN YOUR FACE SAMUSRULES! I'm posting this awesome sig that ODIN made ABOVE my sig area in every comment I post for the next 25 days.

Tatanga4Brawl

Smash Apprentice
Don't be out Mewtwo! I believe you're real!
Go Wiseguy University! Beat Samusrules Tech!
Mewtwo: The creator of PSI
I believe Mewtwo will be back, as the omission of Pichu would make the amount of pokemon characters in brawl 1 more than in melee.
Jiggs FS prediction: Attract

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I'm guessing your the only one that thinks this. The demo can be played at full power except for some NES titles though, I could be wrong anyway.
"I think it's lame that we're getting demo's for games that Animal Crossing more or less gave us for free. >_>" ~Gameangel64

^ ^ ^

So true...

I see why they're doing it... I got nothing. >_>

Top Bottom