• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lovage

Smash Hero
plank did you ever write up rules for melee crews? what stages are legal, how counterpicking works etc.

THANKS

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Then what is it?
Place top ten in singles. Even get first if I could I wanna did what you and Armada did in melee for brawl as Peach. And show what this character can really do. Money I can give 2 ****s about. But I f I am able to place in the money, I'll go for it. I just have alot of support on this to make it happen. More than I had in any tourny. And all that means alot and can help me pull this off. To Start a revolution with this character would be epic just like you and Armarda did.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Place top ten in singles. Even get first if I could I wanna did what you and Armada did in melee for brawl as Peach. And show what this character can really do. Money I can give 2 ****s about. But I f I am able to place in the money, I'll go for it. I just have alot of support on this to make it happen. More than I had in any tourny. And all that means alot and can help me pull this off. To Start a revolution with this character would be epic just like you and Armarda did.
Wrong reasons, I thought so.. =P You are already handicapping yourself by thinking like that.

strawhats

Smash Master
Dont forget Mikael ,Cort and Vidjo, and my ***** Krazy Jones.

Anyone know if Vidjo is going to go to Pound 4

Same with Cort.

Jonas

Smash Champion
It's cool that you're trying to do something for the Peach community, but I think you're making a mistake in identifiyng yourself with your character. You probably picked your main because you like its feel and playstyle (we all did, really), and that's cool, but why not just play to win (or at least improve yourself) and not to prove a point? I honestly don't think a guy like Armada was trying to prove what Peach could do - he just found out how to be really awesome with Peach (but I wouldn't know tbh).

But anyway, I'm not you, so I shouldn't tell you who to main. Good luck reppin Peach :estatic:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Wrong reasons, I thought so.. =P You are already handicapping yourself by thinking like that.
How, cause I choose to go all Peach in tourny and don't care about money like the others?

You gotta think Peach IS a beast for her to be BEAST.
I already think she is beast> If I did not I counterpick characters. At this point, I dont need others.

strawhats

Smash Master
How, cause I choose to go all Peach in tourny and don't care about money like the others?

I don't think you want to talk to the warrior about suck triviality...he mains ganon for Christ's sake....GANON when was the last time you saw anyone beat a top player with ganon.

I already think she is beast> If I did not I counterpick characters. At this point, I dont need others.
This is good...Keep training and tell yourself that you're a beast. When u believe you can win you usually grow in strength.

Believe IT :)

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Kage pretty much nailed it. Imo you should aim for 1st place regardless of your character. And do it only because YOU want to. The second you lose sight of that goal is the second you already lost. There is more I'd like to say on this but I don't want to turn this thread in Grandma peach lecture hour. lol

Strawhats, you forgot Sastopher and Xelic! :mad:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
You gotta think Peach IS a beast for her to be BEAST.
Rofl no, you have to know the limitations of Peach and then do whatever is necessary to hide her weaknesses because no weakness = the greatest strength since there's nothing for the opponent to exploit. Though the game is limited in itself so there's things you would like to do but you still get punished for it just because of the character.. Like Ganon's recovery, what the hell do you know to recover vs a spacie? loll. Well.. instead I would try to control the middle as much as possible since I know Ganon's recovery sucks for example.

Number 2, you gotta love the game, loving the game allows you to be more creative and have more fun. Someone who hates the game just won't be able to tap in the hidden power since he won't care as much.

Number 3, playing for the fans? Ok then what does that leave you if you fail? That's up to you guys to figure out.

Edit: I'm gonna say why I play this game. First off, I love it, I love that I can use my perfect style of play into action. I mean like being aggressive and be in people's face at all times and scare them while making them do what I want. I think that's pretty epic. Which is why I chose Ganon because he bests represents my style.. his power is too ****ing good. Also I play to defeat every opponent that I come across, no matter who I have to face then I'm gonna do my best to defeat them one by one. If I fail, then that means I got defeated and that's it. And then I can continue on fighting, all happy.. because this is what it means the true competition. I love fighting. =D And of course I love everyone as well. =P

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
plank did you ever write up rules for melee crews? what stages are legal, how counterpicking works etc.

THANKS
First page in REALLY BIG FRIGGIN' LETTERS!!!! Lovage...you need glasses =p. <3

Dont forget Mikael ,Cort and Vidjo, and my ***** Krazy Jones.

Anyone know if Vidjo is going to go to Pound 4

Same with Cort.
lol, I mentioned Krazy Jones, earlier. Dude is a beast.

Dark, do your thing. Just keep focused, and don't pressure yourself, either.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
It's cool that you're trying to do something for the Peach community, but I think you're making a mistake in identifiyng yourself with your character. You probably picked your main because you like its feel and playstyle (we all did, really), and that's cool, but why not just play to win (or at least improve yourself) and not to prove a point? I honestly don't think a guy like Armada was trying to prove what Peach could do - he just found out how to be really awesome with Peach (but I wouldn't know tbh).

But anyway, I'm not you, so I shouldn't tell you who to main. Good luck reppin Peach :estatic:
I wanna be the best Peach main alive. So would this not count towards "playing to win" even though I dont care about money?

And I main Peach cause she is my favorite nintendo character of all time. Has nothing to do with her style. I was like this in melee, I only used Peach and no one else.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I think people are getting me confused. I have support. Does not mean I am just playing for them and dont give a darn about myself. I wanna be the best peach main out and win a big tourny going all Peach. Going all Peach in this broken game is a pain in the ***. But I'm willing to work for it and get first. Don't care what character or big name player I have to push aside to make this happen.

Also now I am hearing 2 sides to this

I don't counterpick and refuse to. I wanna go all Peach and don't care about money. So I am not playing to win or playing this game for the wrong reasons. Then I said what I just said and I am not playing to win nether. So how am I really suppose to play to win? or am I seriously wasting my time with this.

Slikvik- why should I care for money for this game. I play Peach obviously I can't give a crap about money of I dont counterpick like so many people have told me.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
kage is the manliest man in all of smash

plus he says some **** that sounds like it comes out of karate kid

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
playing to get first is the same as playing for money imo
The difference is wether I get money or not from this game really does not mean anything to me. I have won cash off this game before. Did not really care too much about it. All I cared about was placing well.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Dark.Pch you ALWAYS say the same thing EVERY time you post and it KILLS me when I see your posts, hope for a mix-up, and then just predict you like it isn't a thing.

$5 MM at Pound?? :O

@this latest tidbit about kage- lmfao. Should've seen it coming...

Roman.

Smash Champion
The difference is wether I get money or not from this game really does not mean anything to me. I have won cash off this game before. Did not really care too much about it. All I cared about was placing well.
i personally like your attitude to place well but honestly, the money has influence on our motivation at least a little xDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom