• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pound 4 predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Is strawhat coming? that would be amazing!

there are others but i'm not so familiar. They also all play top tiers that are effected by weak upair/smash. bad dthrows. idk what marth has a problem with.
- Strawhat Dahean is going (as well as Over)

As for versions differences, Marth is one unit lighter in PAL (which means he can't get waveshined there), and his Dair is a meteor (so Ken combo is useless).

Anyway, I hope you're right, I want to see some European **** there :p

LLDL

Smash Hero
Since DaShizWiz, Lambchops and Forward aren't able to come anymore, here are my new predictions.

1) PC Chris
2) Dr Peepee
3) Eggm
4) Silent Wolf
5) Zhu
5) Mew2King

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Since DaShizWiz, Lambchops and Forward aren't able to come anymore, here are my new predictions.

1) PC Chris
2) Dr Peepee
3) Eggm
4) Silent Wolf
5) Zhu
5) Mew2King
Dang that's unfortunate, a lot of good Falcos missin' out on the biggest melee tourney ever.
I'd be surprised to see at least one Jigglypuff player (Mang0, Hungrybox, Darc) and that ridiculous Peach (Armada) FAIL to get top six at this thing.

The_Doug

Smash Ace
The_Doug's Pound IV Predictions! If I was putting money on it:

*Please note I'm just trying to generate hype and do not mean any disrespect towards the players in my comments.

2/3 Mango:

Probably still is the best smasher on the planet. His spacing, creativity, comboing prowess, ability to adapt, and counter pick different characters make him my pick to win. Even with his most recent tournament loss I very much doubt it will effect his confidence level or mind game him into doubts mid-game.

Evens Armada:

The best smasher on his continent and respective country in Sweden. Shocked the world, or maybe just America, at his fabulous run at Genesis, and has not lost a tournament since. A lot of people consider him to be the absolute best at reacting, adapting, DI, edge guarding, and punishing mistakes. The latest gossip from this author's European sources is that Armada has even entered his own tier at this point. Oh ****!

3-1 Hungrybox:

In my opinion the best player in Florida, and although many will disagree with me, also the best player in the entire eastern side of the U.S. Been on a hot streak lately not losing a tournament in some months. Strengths include ridiculous edge guarding ability, stage control, a solid DI, and of course a master at resting out of nowhere.

4-1 M2K:

Once considered the Darth Vader of smash ala, "Hey man how's your bracket looking?", "Hey uh I've got M2K first round, but I'm gonna get the business done in losers!" Zimmermansin from Cinnaminson, New Jersey. Considered by some to be out of form lately due to reasons among which is another game. Still easily the best Marth around, arguably also has the best Sheik and Fox. Other strengths include having a knack to gimp anyone at anytime, and a brilliant DI.

4-1 Nihonjin, aka Amsah:

In my opinion the best Sheik player in the world. Once also held an undefeated streak of close to two years until being dethroned by Armada. Hailing from the Netherlands his strengths include a strong ability to adapt, superb edge guarding, powerful DI, and good chance of entering Super Saiyen aka "Amsah Mode". If you want to MM a top, top Sheik at a major tournament definitely find this guy!

5-1 Dr. PeePee:

Got to be the breakout player of 2009. Smashing out of North Carolina, Dr. PeePee is widely regarded in the South as being one of the best around. He and his teammate Lozr give new meaning to the phrase, "Stack it up". Trust me you do not want to meet this ruthless Falco in the brackets as the only advice I could possibly give would be, "Uh don't get discouraged when you get comboed zero to death."

7-1 Zgetto:

Another top European smasher, and very solid Fox player. Also relatively new to the scene and unfortunately not known to this author very well but very highly rated.

7-1 Kage:

One of Canada's best. If he's out for blood that day, learn to fear the Ganon, and hopefully your name is not that of a fruit.

7-1 Lucky and 7-1 Zhu:

Two more of the west coast's finest players. Very fast, very aggressive. Prepare to star in your very own combo video if you come up against one of these guys.

There are tons of other great players who aren't on here! But these guys are my picks for Pound.

PB&J

Smash Hero
for those who dont know ..mango won winterfest..hbox second..m2k 3rd

i like the doug's list

after genesis i learned alot about this game

it is very hard to do predidctions when there are like so many top players who can take each other out..so its all depending on who gets 1 seed in third round off pools and who knows..what if one of these players dont even make it out of pools..

canada's coming and they have been doing good all last year they all can give big upsets.

there are so many variables and factors in this game these days. a tounry of this magnitude is so hard to predict
but thats why they are called predictions.

all i know is the south will win crews..lol

jugfingers

Smash Champion
watch out for canada in crews, their gonna have a full squad of top players. unlike genesis.

crew predictions

1.Canada

2. West Coast

3. East Coast

4.Europe

5. South

lol

unless DSW goes to pound, then south will probably do better.

that being said, I don't really care what happens in crews as long as west coast plays east coast and west wins.

has west ever beat the east?

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
everyone says "we'll be in full force this time.. unlike last time" when it comes to crews. how many west coast players are confirmed to go?

jugfingers

Smash Champion
everyone says "we'll be in full force this time.. unlike last time" when it comes to crews. how many west coast players are confirmed to go?
well canada had players on its crew at genesis that didn't even really play melee and others that are low ranked in their province.

also nobody says that unless, they were missing good players....or something lol

@pb&j

but I was just watching the world according to pretty toney, and he mentions PB+J peanut butter and jelly

is that what your name stands for?

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
also nobody says that unless, they were missing good players....or something lol
yeah i know, but my problem with people say it is that it frequently turns into a john because someones crew/region sucks. i dont mean that canada sucks or anything, im just pointing out how easy it is for people to make excuses for them losing, and that its lame

PB&J

Smash Hero
yeah it means that but i chose my name because i play icys and i thought it was cool to name them not..i really wasnt thinking about what to name myself

VGmasta

Smash Lord
The_Doug's Pound IV Predictions! If I was putting money on it:

*Please note I'm just trying to generate hype and do not mean any disrespect towards the players in my comments.

2/3 Mango:

Probably still is the best smasher on the planet. His spacing, creativity, comboing prowess, ability to adapt, and counter pick different characters make him my pick to win. Even with his most recent tournament loss I very much doubt it will effect his confidence level or mind game him into doubts mid-game.

Evens Armada:

The best smasher on his continent and respective country in Sweden. Shocked the world, or maybe just America, at his fabulous run at Genesis, and has not lost a tournament since. A lot of people consider him to be the absolute best at reacting, adapting, DI, edge guarding, and punishing mistakes. The latest gossip from this author's European sources is that Armada has even entered his own tier at this point. Oh ****!

3-1 Hungrybox:

In my opinion the best player in Florida, and although many will disagree with me, also the best player in the entire eastern side of the U.S. Been on a hot streak lately not losing a tournament in some months. Strengths include ridiculous edge guarding ability, stage control, a solid DI, and of course a master at resting out of nowhere.

4-1 M2K:

Once considered the Darth Vader of smash ala, "Hey man how's your bracket looking?", "Hey uh I've got M2K first round, but I'm gonna get the business done in losers!" Zimmermansin from Cinnaminson, New Jersey. Considered by some to be out of form lately due to reasons among which is another game. Still easily the best Marth around, arguably also has the best Sheik and Fox. Other strengths include having a knack to gimp anyone at anytime, and a brilliant DI.

4-1 Nihonjin, aka Amsah:

In my opinion the best Sheik player in the world. Once also held an undefeated streak of close to two years until being dethroned by Armada. Hailing from the Netherlands his strengths include a strong ability to adapt, superb edge guarding, powerful DI, and good chance of entering Super Saiyen aka "Amsah Mode". If you want to MM a top, top Sheik at a major tournament definitely find this guy!

5-1 Dr. PeePee:

Got to be the breakout player of 2009. Smashing out of North Carolina, Dr. PeePee is widely regarded in the South as being one of the best around. He and his teammate Lozr give new meaning to the phrase, "Stack it up". Trust me you do not want to meet this ruthless Falco in the brackets as the only advice I could possibly give would be, "Uh don't get discouraged when you get comboed zero to death."

7-1 Zgetto:

Another top European smasher, and very solid Fox player. Also relatively new to the scene and unfortunately not known to this author very well but very highly rated.

7-1 Kage:

One of Canada's best. If he's out for blood that day, learn to fear the Ganon, and hopefully your name is not that of a fruit.

7-1 Lucky and 7-1 Zhu:

Two more of the west coast's finest players. Very fast, very aggressive. Prepare to star in your very own combo video if you come up against one of these guys.

There are tons of other great players who aren't on here! But these guys are my picks for Pound.
The Doug's post sounds like something out of SmashWiki, seriously. Very nice.

S.G.

Smash Journeyman
without shiz or lambchops, there's no way south is getting higher than 4th on that list

PB&J

Smash Hero
people still sleeping on the south i see..we will see..we didnt have pp @ genesis or chaddd.we will see though and chops will be there

CaptainEvilStomper9

Smash Apprentice
I really like The Dougs list.

My predictions would have to be
1. Mango
2. Armada
3. Mew2king
4. Hbox
5. Amsah
6. Zgetto, Dr.PP, Zhu, Lucky

I hope M2k gets first though

Hax

Smash Champion
i am gonna **** at this.. mark my words

east coast is taking crews

S.G.

Smash Journeyman
is it america vs europe
or america vs the world (which is essentially europe + canada)

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Seeing as how the regions are pretty independent I don't see US vs the world.

Thats just my opinion though. I feel like Europe will be able to come up with 8-10 members by themselves *shrugs*

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
america v europe is gonna be the best event ever in smash historyyyyyy besides *** v ken and isai back in the wayback day

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
team america

mango
hbox
m2k
drpp
djn
jman
zhu
lucky

team europe

amsah
armada
calle w
strawhats
??

**** in the making

strawhats

Smash Master
team america

mango
hbox
m2k
drpp
djn
jman
zhu
lucky

team europe

amsah
armada
calle w
strawhats
??

**** in the making
Alright America is

Mango
M2k
Hungrybox
Dr. PP
Jman
Darkrain
Chu Dat
PC Chris (fox still *****)

Europe

Armada
Amsah
Zgetto
Remen
Adam
Faab
Strawhat Dahean
OverTriforce

No Calle W, Shiz (lambchops will be there)

No American top level peaches are going to this

No Azen

SuperRad

Smash Master
**** in the making
DJN is not good enough to rep America in this crew battle. There are like 20 different players that could take that spot, easily.
edit: @strawhats
I would put someone else over Darkrain unless he's shaken off some rust since he played Wobbles. I think Lucky/Zhu*/Hugs could be good for the crew, with my WC bias. If people really want a falcon, I'd say Hax is a better pick. [*It sounds like Zhu isn't interested, though.]

Europe has: Armada/Amsah/Adam/Remen/Strawhat/Zgetto/Over (I forget who their 8th was...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom