• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

uebo7

Smash Apprentice
I viewed it as a mix between Twilight Princess and Skyword Sword's Link.
Not at all. The saturation is higher, that's about it. Everything about this Link is directly taken from Twilight Princess. All his items: bow, sword, bombs, boomerang, shield, and his clothing: tunic, gauntlets, straps. Even his hair style is from TP. There is literally nothing about his design that you could say came from Skyward Sword that wasn't already present in his TP design.

Vaughngief

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3265-5520-0241
Not at all. The saturation is higher, that's about it. Everything about this Link is directly taken from Twilight Princess. All his items: bow, sword, bombs, boomerang, shield, and his clothing: tunic, gauntlets, straps. Even his hair style is from TP. There is literally nothing about his design that you could say came from Skyward Sword that wasn't already present in his TP design.
If that's what you feel, man. Go for it. Guess we can agree to disagree.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
exactly. If it was truly a Skyward Sword/ Twilight Princess Hybid, they would hae brought in SS's baggy pants. Or his eyes

DairunCates

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one here wondering what Robin's alts will look like?
I'm HOPING they're the other avatar character models, but I'm not holding my breath on it since that would likely change the hitboxes (unlike other costumes we've seen that keep the same dimensions).

Last edited:

Lord Goomy

Smash Apprentice
Wait, Sakurai actually thinks it's acceptable for him to bring back Dr. Mario instead of Mewtwo?
Ugh, so many people post this and it is so aggravating. People just assume that Dr. Mario was chosen over Mewtwo to return, and that isn't the case at all. All of the clones seem to share the same backstory, they were all alts that were sufficiently different looking enough to warrant them getting some form of move differentiation so that they could occupy the same spot. If Mewtwo isn't in the game it has no correlation to Dr. Mario's inclusion and honestly shouldn't be a cause for anger.

Honestly, I don't especially care for Mewtwo to return. I never personally liked the character myself, but different strokes for different folks I guess and I'm obviously in the minority.

Last edited:

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I think the S.spirirts do hint at more RH representation, possibly even a playable charcater. As for the polar bear, I feel like the series Ice Climbers will still be represented in Smash bros. but will no longer have a playable rep. Who knows, if the ice climbers really are gone, it may just be for this one game [due to limitations]
My theory on the S. Spirits is, that they DID plan to make the chorus men a character, but then couldn't due to some technical problems maybe. But at the same time, the people who made the Smash run enemies already completed the Spirits, so they just decided to leave them in there. Remember that there are different teams working on different aspects of the game simultaniously.

brawlerdude

Smash Rookie
1. Go to smashboards.com
2. Search for the Ridley thread
3. Go to the second post
4. Read it thoroughly

After reading that, can you honestly still argue that Ridley is a stage hazard and not playable?
Read this please, second post:

:)
Just watch this and talk in the Ridley thread about Ridley.

Alrighty moving onto leaks, the only person that has some more info is @Speed but I doubt it's nothing
After reading the Ridley thread and seeing the video, I still think Ridley is a stage boss. Yes, there's a lot of strong arguments to support him being playable, but all of it, from the Trophy Quiz to "why wouldn't they outright confirm or deconfirm him" is fan speculation at best, whereas the April 8 Direct is game footage directly from Nintendo. Speaking of the Trophy Quiz, that speculation seems to have already been debunked, as we have not seen a new LoZ character, as many thought was hinted from Fi's trophy. Ghirahim got Assist Trophy'd, and Ganon isn't new, Demise is too similar to Ganon, and at best would be an alt to Ganon, and the Impa leak was proven fake due to a math error, so who else could it be? Tingle? The Alfonso argument I find unreliable. Because a background character is replaced with someone else when that character is being played on one stage, that means the same would happen to a stage boss on another stage? Toon Link was already in Brawl, so they had to do something to avoid there being 2 Toon Links on that stage. The only non-speculation argument I've seen is "the size argument is bs," as some characters HAVE been resized for Smash Bros.

If Ridley's in, great! People have been asking for him for years and he's a major character in the Metroid series. I'm just saying that from what Nintendo has shown us, it seems more likely that he's a stage boss and that he was ambiguously teased to keep fans interested. Too bad the Prime games were non-canonized, otherwise I'd love to see Rundas in the game.

uebo7

Smash Apprentice
It just visually looks that way to me.
But it doesn't. Like I said, his saturation is higher, like most characters in this version of smash brothers. So that may lead you to believe he was some sort of fusion of two links. But if you really compare it to Twilight Princess Link, you'll see that it's the same design.

edit: Also note that his face may appear different, as do all characters in smash brothers due to having a consistent art style, but it resembles Skyward Sword Link's face even less.

Last edited:

gamer8

Smash Lord
Am I the only one here wondering what Robin's alts will look like?
I haven't played Fire Emblem so I may be ignorant here but I think that the Villager is just a special case since in AC there are a bunch of different looks to both the males sand females. We've already seen WFT Male and Female share a green/black palette swap for their clothing from the E3 demo so I think other characters who have a male/female counterpart will work like that. I just got here and saw this post so I wanted to reply, sorry if you guys were discussing this already.

Morbi

Scavenger
Ugh, so many people post this and it is so aggravating. People just assume that Dr. Mario was chosen over Mewtwo to return, and that isn't the case at all. All of the clones seem to share the same backstory, they were all alts that were sufficiently different looking enough to warrant them getting some form of move differentiation so that they could occupy the same spot. If Mewtwo isn't in the game it has no correlation to Dr. Mario's inclusion and honestly shouldn't be a cause for anger.

Honestly, I don't get the desire for Mewtwo to return. I never personally liked the character myself, but different strokes for different folks I guess.
I agree with this sentiment, the clones were intended to be costumes based on a preponderance of the evidence. However, you do not understand why everyone wants one of the most prominent Pokemon to return? You do not have to like the character to understand why they should return.

Lord Goomy

Smash Apprentice
I agree with this sentiment, the clones were intended to be costumes based on a preponderance of the evidence. However, you do not understand why everyone wants one of the most prominent Pokemon to return? You do not have to like the character to understand why they should return.
Honestly, you're right. I do understand why people want him back, I should have used a different wording. What I mean to say is that I don't share the desire for Mewtwo as many people do. I just never enjoyed playing him in Melee.

DairunCates

Smash Journeyman
I think it's the general hostility of the statement that they're taking exception to, not the notion that people want Mewtwo. That's at least where I am on it. You can be sad that Mewtwo is not in, but don't ignore well-established facts about the development to create a fiction where Sakurai made a conscious decision to choose another character over Mewtwo purely because he felt like it. If Mewtwo was planned but didn't make it, there was likely a design, programming, or time limitation of some kind.

I haven't played Fire Emblem so I may be ignorant here but I think that the Villager is just a special case since in AC there are a bunch of different looks to both the males sand females. We've already seen WFT Male and Female share a green/black palette swap for their clothing from the E3 demo so I think other characters who have a male/female counterpart will work like that. I just got here and saw this post so I wanted to reply, sorry if you guys were discussing this already.
Robin is an avatar character in Fire Emblem Awakening. They're a custom character with about 24 custom models and 12 different hair colors.

Morbi

Scavenger
The same applies to Robin as she is an avatar character, there are about five different hair/face types per body type. There are three body types. So in the same vein as Villager, there are multiple combinations that result in drastically different appearances. Albeit, the face changes are typically more subtle, if anything, they would probably animate different hair. The could choose three out of fifteen (fourteen as default is already confirmed) for each gender.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The same applies to Robin as she is an avatar character, there are about five different hair/face types per body type. There are three body types. So in the same vein as Villager, there are multiple combinations that result in drastically different appearances. Albeit, the face changes are typically more subtle, if anything, they would probably animate different hair. The could choose three out of fifteen (thirteen as default is already confirmed) for each gender.
They definitely aren't gonna use the 2 other body types that's for certain.

Vaughngief

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3265-5520-0241
It looks like HD Twilight Princess to me.
The model in Smash has similarities to Twilight Princess, but I feel it's mainly the face that has vibes from Skyword Sword in it. Anyways, does this really matter that much? We aren't going to change each others views, so this is a "go no where" conversation. Besides, this seems kinda off topic when looking at the thread name.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Mewtwo and Squritle are my actual top 10 favorite Pokemon, the rest never had a slot in Smash Bros. So it just kind of sucks seeing neither of the two not making the cut this time. (Assuming Mewtwo doesn't come back)

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Mewtwo and Squritle are my actual top 10 favorite Pokemon, the rest never had a slot in Smash Bros. So it just kind of sucks seeing neither of the two not making the cut this time. (Assuming Mewtwo doesn't come back)
I could see them bringing back Squirtle and Ivysaur as DLC.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I would have been down with a rep from every gen of pokemon.

Pikachu, Tyranitar, Gardevoir, Lucario, Zoroark, and Greninja.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
Im all about super metroid
Squirtle and Ivy need to gtfo. We already have MORE than enough first gen rep in ssb
You're not wrong, but a whole game has come and passed for people to to get accustomed to them being playable. If they're kicked for Greninja and Mewtwo, then I'd understand, but it sure is a shame I won't have Squirtle.

Lord Goomy

Smash Apprentice
Maybe I'm deluding myself, but I still believe in Bandana Dee, even if it is just a little bit.

Lord Goomy

Smash Apprentice
And then even more people would be angry at "Sakurai Bias" because one of their most wanted characters were not in.
Bandana Dee would be interesting for sure!
I would love reading Gamefaqs and drinking their salty tears if Bandana Dee got confirmed. It would be beautiful.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
This thread: 1% Leak. 99% Hot Gas.

But seriously, surprised nothing else has leaked yet.. I suppose it should be any day now.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Still no official deconfirmation of the hype three? Why does Sakurai like seeing me wonder? I'd rather them be deconfirmed right now than have a glimmer of hope and be disappointed when the game is released. Just gotta keep reminding myself...the CSS is final, the CSS is final, the CSS is final.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Still no official deconfirmation of the hype three? Why does Sakurai like seeing me wonder? I'd rather them be deconfirmed right now than have a glimmer of hope and be disappointed when the game is released. Just gotta keep reminding myself...the CSS is final, the CSS is final, the CSS is final.
He hasn't deconfirmed because they are all playable. That's right, I said it!
*dons protective clothing*

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
This is Japan's commercial for Super Smash Bros. 3DS, if only North American commercials were like this =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom