• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Have there even been any leaks pretaining to Mewtwo at all?
Yes the Ninka leak and a few others too.

Don't forget the Choir Men too. As for that, I don't know. Maybe we'll have to wait for the release.

Also, I will not be in any Smash 4 topics because we're 10 days away til the Japanese release. So I'll be back on the 12th on the morning.
Oh yes forgot them but yeah I think it helps them too.

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
Ninka's leak did not mention Mewtwo, Ridley, Chorus Men, Dixie, Mach Rider, etc. Ninka's leak mentioned what we have with the CSS leak (DHD, Dark Pit, Doc, Bowser Jr.). The rest is stuff that someone else added.

Today's PotD did absolutely nothing for Mewtwo, Ridley, or anyone else. It simply confirmed one aspect of Ninka's leak, that everyone gets 8 costumes.

Porti

Smash Rookie
We know everything in a few days, but for now there is still time to speculate. And because it's fun, I tried to speculate a little with the roster. It's not about how realistic this whole thing is ( because people seem to be sure there are no more characters), but hear me out:

So I tried to make a roster that just... well... fits.
- It's ordered by series, which are ordered by release dates. Because Yoshi and Wario started within the Mario series, they are still there ( I guess that is the explanation of the leak roster?) Wario is in a weird spot, but he represents another series, so I guess it is okay.
- I tried to make Ridley or Wolf work, but with THIS roster it simply did not work.
- Game and Watch, and Little Mac are in a really strange place in the leak, so I put them into a Retro Line. Problem is: It should be even before Mario and certainly not between Star Fox and Pokemon. But since there is just no other way and the leak positions of G&W and Mac just tried to fill empty spaces, I just did the same
- There is a new clone section on the upper right. Dark Pit is not there, hopefully because he is not a clone
- I love Layton but that spot could be anyone who represents his own series. Like Chorus Men for example.

It really botheres me that it is nearly impossible to make a roster out of the leak, where everybody has a place that makes sense. On the other hand... No Smash roster makes completely sense.

Well I kinda feel like I wasted my time but at least it was fun to think about a solution.

DAVEYHAVOK

Smash Rookie
Wait, Sakurai actually thinks it's acceptable for him to bring back Dr. Mario instead of Mewtwo?

uebo7

Smash Apprentice
There are other discrepancies. Little Mac is placed between Kirby and Star Fox, which puts him away from the single-character franchises. He shouldn't even appear there chronologically. He should either be between Donkey Kong and Legend of Zelda (Arcade release) or between Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem (NES release). Heck, they could have put him in the latter position and filled out the same row while maintaining the chronological order. He's clearly there just to fill space, so he's a character that could potentially teleport ala Melee Pikachu when a new character is unlocked.

There's also the fact that Shulk is wedged between the clones and third parties, but clearly isn't considered a full member of either since both groups are also ordered chronologically. If Shulk were considered a clone (which wouldn't make much sense given what we've seen, but whatever) he would be between Dr Mario and Dark Pit. If he were considered analogous to a third party, he would be after Sonic. So he isn't considered one of either, but is cut off from the rest of the single-character section by the clone section. This could be an indication that either he or the clones are going to move at some point, since there's really no reason for him to be cut off like that.

There's also Game and Watch, who is either there as a pun (Game and Wario) or as a reference to the Game and Watch versions of Donkey Kong. Either way he disrupts the order by being from a single-character franchise and being in the multi-character franchise section, as well as being out of chronological order.

None of this disproves what you're saying. We have no evidence yet that any characters will make any big moves around the CSS. But there are characters that could potentially do so due to being in weird places on the leaked CSS.
The things you say are true, but I don't think they're that weird. Game and Watch and Little Mac aren't with the other single rep members, but that's because there doesn't need to be one single rep section. Game and Watch still comes before Little Mac who still comes before Duck Hunt etc., and so all the single reps are in order (minus Yoshi and Wario, who are being treated as Mario reps in this roster). It doesn't seem that Sakurai is attempting to order the single rep series with multi rep series by date, so the fact that Little Mac is after Zelda doesn't really matter.

Last edited:

brawlerdude

Smash Rookie
Ok... I know a LOT of people want Ridley to be a playable character, but he's a stage boss. I can't post links until I have 10 posts (ya, I'm new here) so here:
1. Go to youtube.com
2. Search "April 8 Smash Bros Direct"
3. Select the first result (or which ever one is uploaded by Nintendo on April 8, 2014)
4. Go to 7:18

After seeing that, can you honestly still argue that Ridley is playable and not a stage boss?

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
We know everything in a few days, but for now there is still time to speculate. And because it's fun, I tried to speculate a little with the roster. It's not about how realistic this whole thing is ( because people seem to be sure there are no more characters), but hear me out:

So I tried to make a roster that just... well... fits.
- It's ordered by series, which are ordered by release dates. Because Yoshi and Wario started within the Mario series, they are still there ( I guess that is the explanation of the leak roster?) Wario is in a weird spot, but he represents another series, so I guess it is okay.
- I tried to make Ridley or Wolf work, but with THIS roster it simply did not work.
- Game and Watch, and Little Mac are in a really strange place in the leak, so I put them into a Retro Line. Problem is: It should be even before Mario and certainly not between Star Fox and Pokemon. But since there is just no other way and the leak positions of G&W and Mac just tried to fill empty spaces, I just did the same
- There is a new clone section on the upper right. Dark Pit is not there, hopefully because he is not a clone
- I love Layton but that spot could be anyone who represents his own series. Like Chorus Men for example.

It really botheres me that it is nearly impossible to make a roster out of the leak, where everybody has a place that makes sense. On the other hand... No Smash roster makes completely sense.

Well I kinda feel like I wasted my time but at least it was fun to think about a solution.
Yeah... I have a feeling Layton won't be in. Isn't he second or First party? And if Impa is in, she sure better not be a Shiek clone.
Of course, you can always replay Layton with Ridley :ness:

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Ok... I know a LOT of people want Ridley to be a playable character, but he's a stage boss. I can't post links until I have 10 posts (ya, I'm new here) so here:
1. Go to youtube.com
3. Select the first result (or which ever one is uploaded by Nintendo on April 8, 2014)

After seeing that, can you honestly still argue that Ridley is playable and not a stage boss?
1. Go to smashboards.com
2. Search for the Ridley thread
3. Go to the second post
4. Read it thoroughly

After reading that, can you honestly still argue that Ridley is a stage hazard and not playable?

1. Go to youtube.com

Read this please, second post:
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-ridley-for-ssb4-thread-space-pirates-dont-falter.324284/

:)

Last edited:

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
1. Go to youtube.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEcabFkhpa8 Just watch this and talk in the Ridley thread about Ridley.

Alrighty moving onto leaks, the only person that has some more info is @Speed but I doubt it's nothing

Last edited:

Squishyfrog

Smash Rookie
NNID
Squishyfrog
Can we use this screenshot for the Ninka leak instead?

The other one causes so much confusion every time it's posted and it has to be explained that Ninka's original leak never mentioned Ridley or Mewtwo or whatever.

cochiseSMASH

Smash Apprentice
It'd be great if the OP was edited to include all the additional leaks everyone is discussing in this thread now - at this point almost none of the posts relate to that at all as almost everyone accepts Bowser Jr, Duck Hunt Dog, Dark Pit, and Dr. Mario and Shulk has already been confirmed.

As far as I can tell, there's been a couple of additional leaks.

One which was posted on 4chan after the original Ninka leak that also predicted Mewtwo, Chrous Men, Ridley, and Dixie Kong (which also had other details which have since been confirmed such as Shulk's moveset and 8 alternate costumes / palette swaps for each character).

Another which was posted also on 4chan which seemed credible (don't know if it has been debunked) and said the remaining characters would include 1 new representative from Donkey Kong, 1 new from Zelda, 1 new from Xenoblades (confirmed as Shulk already), 1 new from a franchise beginning with M, and 1 new from Metroid. This leak did not contain any references to DHD or Dark Pit though making it less likely IMO.

Shulk is common across both and already confirmed. Dixie (to me) seems likely as she would likely be a clone of Diddy and is in both. Ridley seems likely because he's probably been the #1 demanded newcomer since Brawl and is in both. And Mewtwo, not a newcomer, seems dumb to leave out given his popularity and the fact that they already established a moveset for him everyone liked.

That leaves 2 spots which the leaks do not agree on. Chorus Men is from Rhythm Heaven (which does not begin with "M" obviously) but as mentioned the other leak isn't as credible and CM has been mentioned in so many leaks it's hard to believe they weren't at least tested as characters. And the last spot could go to Mii Fighters (especially since the very credible first leak did not mention a 5th character) or to the new Zelda representative (which is overdue honestly) or someone random.

And also there's a ton of full roster images floating around - ALL ARE FAKE!

Vaughngief

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3265-5520-0241
wait ninka has a leak about mewtwo? where
or was that the original leak i forgot
Wasn't it someone who added onto Ninka's leak from a 4Chan post that had similar information? I don't believe Ninka's had Mewtwo (as much as I want it to).

Edit: Never mind.

Last edited:

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
One which was posted on 4chan after the original Ninka leak that also predicted Mewtwo, Chrous Men, Ridley, and Dixie Kong (which also had other details which have since been confirmed such as Shulk's moveset and 8 alternate costumes / palette swaps for each character).
Can I have the source to this one, if possible?

lilt

Smash Journeyman
So with SNeaky spirits being in Smash run, do you guys the the chances of the Chorus kid leak increases or not?

Thanks
This might be an argument that strongly hints at more characters being in the game than shown by the CSS leak.
Already forgot about that Sneaky Spirit. Besides the Polar Bear from Ice Climbers, were there other enemies from series unrepresented by an actual playable character?

Last edited:

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
This might be an argument that strongly hints at more characters being in the game than shown by the CSS leak.
Already forgot about that Sneaky Spirit. Besides the Polar Bear from Ice Climbers, were there other enemies from series unrepresented by an actual playable character?
I think the S.spirirts do hint at more RH representation, possibly even a playable charcater. As for the polar bear, I feel like the series Ice Climbers will still be represented in Smash bros. but will no longer have a playable rep. Who knows, if the ice climbers really are gone, it may just be for this one game [due to limitations]

Vaughngief

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3265-5520-0241
I think the S.spirirts do hint at more RH representation, possibly even a playable charcater. As for the polar bear, I feel like the series Ice Climbers will still be represented in Smash bros. but will no longer have a playable rep. Who knows, if the ice climbers really are gone, it may just be for this one game [due to limitations]
It might be possible for the Ice Climbers to appear on New 3DS since it's supposed to be a lot more powerful than the previous models of the console. Though, that would be dividing the user base in a way, so scratch that idea!

Petrichor

Smash Apprentice
The things you say are true, but I don't think they're that weird. Game and Watch and Little Mac aren't with the other single rep members, but that's because there doesn't need to be one single rep section. Game and Watch still comes before Little Mac who still comes before Duck Hunt etc., and so all the single reps are in order (minus Yoshi and Wario, who are being treated as Mario reps in this roster). It doesn't seem that Sakurai is attempting to order the single rep series with multi rep series by date, so the fact that Little Mac is after Zelda doesn't really matter.
That's a good point. I just thought I'd point a few things out since the topic of discrepancies came up. I still think it's kinda weird not to have them entirely separate but like I said, it doesn't prove anything. Truth can often be stranger than fiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom