• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
There is no excuse for this atrocious roster. "Slightest difference means a character gets it's own slot rather than being an alt". Poppycock. I can think of a few differences between male and female wii fit trainer (boobs, pecs) and yet they are alts. Dr Mario is Mario in a coat. He is literally the definition of an alternate costume. And yet there he is, with his face looking at me on the character select screen.

I'm sorry. But I fail to see how playing as Mario in a coat warrants it's own roster spot. Any Pokeball or AT would have been a better choice. I can't wait until people try to find a difference in water ranger on the fludd that Mario uses vs the one that Mario-in-coat uses.

"Oh, the roster might not even be final though! All star mode!" You're right. Mii Fighter hasn't been unlocked yet. Shulk will then move up finishing the 2nd lowest row, which likely means Shulk is a clone of something too. Then, the bottom row will be Mii and the third parties.

Half this roster is clones, and ZERO of the hype three are included. And Mario-in-coat is included as it's own character. Duck Hunt Dog is it's own character instead of being an assist trophy. "But he has a unique play style!" Sorry, but something about NOT EVEN HAVING HIS OWN NAME says to me that there would have been far, far, far, far, far, far, FAR better choices to include in an ALL STAR GAME. What if real all-star games worked like that? "And for the East All-Stars...um...some team's water boy."

This roster includes Megaman and Pacman, which is fantastic. But there was zero excuse to cut Wolf, Ice Climbers, or Lucas. There was less than zero excuse not to include all of the hype 3, let alone NONE OF THEM. I'm sure game play wise, this game will be a blast. But just ONCE I'd like a Smash game to not produce so much disappointment upon the full roster's reveal. This feels like the dreaded 35 character ROB roster all over again. People trying to rationalize how Ridley could be DLC, how the "forbidden 7" (thus Mewtwo) could be DLC, how K Rool could be DLC if Nintendo got the Kremlings back...

I had so much hope this time around. It didn't seem like they could get away with gimping the roster this time. But here we are. Still only two DK reps. Still only two Metroid reps (and only one character). And Star Fox LOSES a rep...and the non-clone one at that! Meanwhile, Japan gets catered to by receiving the Duck Hunt Dog (doesn't even have a name) and the entire Fire Emblem franchise.

Sakurai: "Japan, you get everybody from the newest release of your favorite series. America? Ah, I see you want what you call the "hype three". Ridley? K Rool? Mewtwo? Hmmm...I decide...you get nary. I guess i'll also pour on two reps from FE because I made it. Also...no Ice Climbers and piles of clones because the 3DS version and stuff. Enjoy Super Smash Bros: Fire Emblem."
xD lol
you should chill dude....although I do agree with you a bit here....

D

Deleted member

There is no excuse for this atrocious roster. "Slightest difference means a character gets it's own slot rather than being an alt". Poppycock. I can think of a few differences between male and female wii fit trainer (boobs, pecs) and yet they are alts. Dr Mario is Mario in a coat. He is literally the definition of an alternate costume. And yet there he is, with his face looking at me on the character select screen.

I'm sorry. But I fail to see how playing as Mario in a coat warrants it's own roster spot. Any Pokeball or AT would have been a better choice. I can't wait until people try to find a difference in water ranger on the fludd that Mario uses vs the one that Mario-in-coat uses.

"Oh, the roster might not even be final though! All star mode!" You're right. Mii Fighter hasn't been unlocked yet. Shulk will then move up finishing the 2nd lowest row, which likely means Shulk is a clone of something too. Then, the bottom row will be Mii and the third parties.

Half this roster is clones, and ZERO of the hype three are included. And Mario-in-coat is included as it's own character. Duck Hunt Dog is it's own character instead of being an assist trophy. "But he has a unique play style!" Sorry, but something about NOT EVEN HAVING HIS OWN NAME says to me that there would have been far, far, far, far, far, far, FAR better choices to include in an ALL STAR GAME. What if real all-star games worked like that? "And for the East All-Stars...um...some team's water boy."

This roster includes Megaman and Pacman, which is fantastic. But there was zero excuse to cut Wolf, Ice Climbers, or Lucas. There was less than zero excuse not to include all of the hype 3, let alone NONE OF THEM. I'm sure game play wise, this game will be a blast. But just ONCE I'd like a Smash game to not produce so much disappointment upon the full roster's reveal. This feels like the dreaded 35 character ROB roster all over again. People trying to rationalize how Ridley could be DLC, how the "forbidden 7" (thus Mewtwo) could be DLC, how K Rool could be DLC if Nintendo got the Kremlings back...

I had so much hope this time around. It didn't seem like they could get away with gimping the roster this time. But here we are. Still only two DK reps. Still only two Metroid reps (and only one character). And Star Fox LOSES a rep...and the non-clone one at that! Meanwhile, Japan gets catered to by receiving the Duck Hunt Dog (doesn't even have a name) and the entire Fire Emblem franchise.

Sakurai: "Japan, you get everybody from the newest release of your favorite series. America? Ah, I see you want what you call the "hype three". Ridley? K Rool? Mewtwo? Hmmm...I decide...you get nary. I guess i'll also pour on two reps from KI because I made it. Also...no Ice Climbers and piles of clones because the 3DS version and stuff. Enjoy Super Smash Bros: Fire Emblem."
"Half this roster is clones"

Not even worth responding anymore :joyful:

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman

It's difference in mechanics, not appearance. Of course male and female WFT look different. But they have the same heights, weights, hitboxes and everything. Lucina's power is dispersed evenly throughout her sword, whereas Marth's is focused in the tip. Dr. Mario likely has differences that are more than purely visual. Not to mention, all of this goes back to the whole, "[clone] did NOT take the spot of anyone else".

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
"Half this roster is clones"

Not even worth responding anymore :joyful:
Sorry if you disagree with me, but quite frankly I don't see an excuse for this. There is even a row of clones at the bottom, all of which are some of our newcomers, and there are other clones sprinkled throughout the roster as well.

Proud sponsor of SSB4's roster:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
There is no excuse for this atrocious roster. "Slightest difference means a character gets it's own slot rather than being an alt". Poppycock. I can think of a few differences between male and female wii fit trainer (boobs, pecs) and yet they are alts. Dr Mario is Mario is a coat. He is literally the definition of an alternate costume. And yet there he is, with his face looking at me on the character select screen.

This roster includes Megaman and Pacman, which is fantastic. But there was zero excuse to cut Wolf, Ice Climbers, or Lucas. There was less than zero excuse not to include all of the hype 3, let alone NONE OF THEM. I'm sure game play wise, this game will be a blast. But just ONCE I'd like a Smash game to produce so much disappointment upon the full roster's reveal. This feels like the dreaded 35 character ROB roster all over again. People trying to rationalize how Ridley could be DLC, how the "forbidden 7" (thus Mewtwo) could be DLC, how K Rool could be DLC if Nintendo got the Kremlings back...

Sakurai: "Japan, you get everybody from the newest release of your favorite series. America? Ah, I see you want what you call the "hype three". Ridley? K Rool? Mewtwo? Hmmm...I decide...you get nary. I guess i'll also pour on two reps from FE because I made it. Also...no Ice Climbers and piles of clones because the 3DS version and stuff. Enjoy Super Smash Bros: Fire Emblem."
1. I'm sure Sakurai wouldn't bring Dr. Mario back without some changes.
2. Mii Fighter is probably a starter, they just weren't there because customizations were turned off.
3. Shulk is in the 3rd party row (because he might technically be 2nd party), not the clone row.
5. You haven't even seen a move Duck Hunt has yet, you can't determine you hate him!
6. Once again, THE ROSTER HASN'T BEEN FULLY UNLOCKED YET! The Hype 3 still have a chance!
7. You haven't even tried out some if these guys. You might like them better than Wolf or Lucas.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
There's a lot more angry in this thread today, yikes. Guess people are venting their frustration because the roster isn't the exact one they wanted.

Here, have a yawning sloth to calm your nerves.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
It's difference in mechanics, not appearance. Of course male and female WFT look different. But they have the same heights, weights, hitboxes and everything. Lucina's power is dispersed evenly throughout her sword, whereas Marth's is focused in the tip. Dr. Mario likely has differences that are more than purely visual. Not to mention, all of this goes back to the whole, "[clone] did NOT take the spot of anyone else".
If it was THIS important to mash the newcomer class full of clones because of the 3DS hardware, then there should have either been no 3DS version or different rosters. OR, Sakurai could have AT LEAST made clones out of the characters people actually wanted. Instead of making a clone Dr Mario, why not make Ridley a Charizard clone or K Rool a Bowser clone? Would it have made sense? Not really. Would it have been ideal? Absolutely not. But it would have been better than just pooping a coated Mario onto the character select screen and being done with it.

D

Deleted member

Sorry if you disagree with me, but quite frankly I don't see an excuse for this. There is even a row of clones at the bottom, all of which are some of our newcomers, and there are other clones sprinkled throughout the roster as well.

Proud sponsor of SSB4's roster:
Half the roster is clones is an incorrect statement, that's what's wrong with it.
In terms of clones, there's 3: Lucina, Dr. Mario, and Dark Pit
In terms of semi-clones, there's 3: Falco, Toon Link, and Ganondorf. In my opinion, Luigi cannot be considered a semi-clone anymore. If you count him, whatever, it changes nothing

There is no "row of clones," only a segment of the bottom row which has 3 clone characters. Unless Ness, Captain Falcon, Olimar, Wii Fit Trainer, and Villager are now clones, I don't see a "row of clones."

6 is not half of 48

Last edited by a moderator:

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521

Sakurai: "Japan, you get everybody from the newest release of your favorite series. America? Ah, I see you want what you call the "hype three". Ridley? K Rool? Mewtwo? Hmmm...I decide...you get nary. I guess i'll also pour on two reps from KI because I made it. Also...no Ice Climbers and piles of clones because the 3DS version and stuff. Enjoy Super Smash Bros: Fire Emblem."
I know opinions are opinions but there are some things you said that you should not let haze your judgment.

Aside of if Dr. Mario is worth a not, he is somehow a "veteran". This says so much of reasons for him to join. If it was the best choice, we can't know.
Maybe his additions, with all other possible clones, are like Lucina, and they don't steal a slot in the roster at all.
Also, we haven't seem his gameplay, so there is chances wh may play different, like not having FLUDD (with I believe he will not have).

You, me, and many people in the forum knows that this famous "hype three" are much biased, and most north american fan based. Of course this is NOT a reason to not add them, but also is not a reason to add them either. I said this sometimes before, but number os characters representing a franchise is not a decisive factor in the choice of the roster.

Duck Hunt Dog is like ROB to Brawl, and G&W to Melee. An retro/WTF character was expected.

On the cut talk, we still don't know yet if Wolf, Lucas and IC are cut. But we have to remember that Wolf and Lucas, being semi-clones or not, are based on the basic structure of other fighters (Ness and Fox). Also, they are newcomers, and we have Mewtwo to show us that newcomers with unique gameplays may not return to the game. Think like Sakurai doing a rotation in the franchises adding character each interation.
I don't have arguments for IC if they are cut though, I can't explain that.

On the fire emblem talk, I may be biased on this but if you have played Fire Emblem (I don't think you have), you would not be thinking like that. It happened with FE, but could have happened with every other franchise.

We always talk about characters, but we have to think first in gameplay. Characters must first bring a interesing gameplay style. That style could be anything. After that we can put a 'skin' in that gameplay and create a character. I think it's like that this game workd when adding new characters.

Last edited:

PizzaWenisaur

Smash Apprentice

Well, there is a difference between SSBB Mario and SSBM Mario so I'm guessing Sakurai heard Mario player complaints ( to which I am one ) and made Doc to be more like SSBM Mario. As in F.L.U.D.D. replaced with the Mario Tornado and D-air replaced with Mario Drill.

Also the hit/hurt boxes of characters are "bubbles" so there is a little distance between the actually model and the hit detection. So you can change the model ( within limits ) without changing gameplay.

-----------------------------
@Saltwater Gem

Emo Pit is a pretty funny name. I'm guessing he is using the cool weapons of Kid Icarus: Uprising that Pit doesn't use. And to be honest I agree that it's just Sakurai bais. But as a fan of the game ( and not so much Dark Pit ) if I get to see some of the sweet Blades, Staffs, Palms, Cannons, or Claws that populated the game I'm actually a little excited.

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
There's a lot more angry in this thread today, yikes. Guess people are venting their frustration because the roster isn't the exact one they wanted.

This yawning sloth makes me MADDER! :laugh:
Seriously though, this leak really is making people mad, despite the fact that the entire roster still hasn't been fully unlocked yet...

Scicky

Smash Journeyman

I've said this before but there are 6 clones in a roster of nearly 50 or so characters, that's about 10%. That's nowhere near half. Shulk, from the gameplay we've seen, is definitely not a clone. A lot of what you said is your opinion, which is fine, but the roster is less saturated with clones than it's has been since 64. Melee had just as many clones in a roster half this size. :/

So I've see that people think we're getting a character reveal at PAX tomorrow to line up with Japan's direct and the fact that Smash Bros is being shown behind doors at PAX. Perhaps we're getting another Pac-man type reveal...oh joy...whatever, I'll take any newcomer announcement.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462

:awesome::awesome::awesome:

But for real though, way too much anger. I feel like if Sakurai lurked here, he'd never want to make a smash game again.

Petrichor

Smash Apprentice
If it was THIS important to mash the newcomer class full of clones because of the 3DS hardware, then there should have either been no 3DS version or different rosters. OR, Sakurai could have AT LEAST made clones out of the characters people actually wanted. Instead of making a clone Dr Mario, why not make Ridley a Charizard clone or K Rool a Bowser clone? Would it have made sense? Not really. Would it have been ideal? Absolutely not. But it would have been better than just pooping a coated Mario onto the character select screen and being done with it.
Now you're just getting ridiculous. Who said anything about the 3DS version being the cause of the clones? Perhaps Sakurai put them in because he had some time left over, but not enough to make a new character from scratch. And as for the Ridley clone thing, the reason these clones got in was because they already existed as alts. Unless Charizard was already going to have a Ridley alt or Bowser a K.Rool alt, it would have taken much longer to make them and might not have been possible. And suggesting those alts would exist in the first place would be straight-up idiotic.

Last edited:

skyluigi2

Smash Rookie
NNID
skyluigi
3DS FC
5069-3912-3062
I was a little upset with this roster when I first saw it, but it's grown on me. It helps that I really don't care that much about clone characters. Heck, Ness and Lucas were two of my favourite Brawl characters. The Duck Hunt Dog still bothers me a bit, I'd much rather have the Ice Climbers, but I'm not overly concerned. If you don't like a character, don't play as 'em, simple as that!

D

Deleted member

I've said this before but there are 6 clones in a roster of nearly 50 or so characters, that's about 10%. That's nowhere near half. Shulk, from the gameplay we've seen, is definitely not a clone. A lot of what you said is your opinion, which is fine, but the roster is less saturated with clones than it's has been since 64. Melee had just as many clones in a roster half this size. :/
People still think Shulk is a clone?

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
So I've see that people think we're getting a character reveal at PAX tomorrow to line up with Japan's direct and the fact that Smash Bros is being shown behind doors at PAX. Perhaps we're getting another Pac-man type reveal...oh joy...whatever, I'll take any newcomer announcement.
Sounds interesting. If it reveals someone like Shulk with this same model or something in the leak we could officially call this leak real. :smash:
(Of course, it'd be more exciting to have someone not from the leak)

Last edited:

skyluigi2

Smash Rookie
NNID
skyluigi
3DS FC
5069-3912-3062
Sounds interesting. If it reveals someone like Shulk with this same model or something in the leak we can officially call this leak real. :smash:
(Or course, it'd be more exciting to have someone not from the leak)
I'd find it kind of hilarious if we got an announcement, and it was a character nobody predicted. Like Daisy.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Sounds interesting. If it reveals someone like Shulk with this same model or something in the leak we can officially call this leak real. :smash:
(Or course, it'd be more exciting to have someone not from the leak)
The leak is real, the roster is full. No Ridley, K Rool, Mewtwo. Instead: Mario-in-coat, Duck-and-bird, and Marth-with-wig. Rostergate 2014 is definitive. Sakurai and Namco should be ashamed of the awful choices in making this vomit of a roster select screen.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Donkey Kong introduced DK, Mario, and Pauline.

Mario spun-off into his own series, introducing Luigi, Peach, Toad, Bowser, the Koopalings (predecessors to Bowser Jr.), and then Yoshi. Years later, Jr. and Rosalina would appear.

Yoshi spun-off into its own series. DK resurrected as Donkey Kong Country, going on to define its own world and lore over many years, while still running parallel.

DK, Mario, and Yoshi are individual, parallel series that all exist under the colloquial "Mario" roof given its popularity over the other two, but technically Donkey Kong is the ultimate grandfather of the lineage... unless you'd like to enter Game & Watch territory (hence his appearance on the top row of the roster).

I think we can all agree that Mario, DK, and Yoshi are individual, yet tightly and inseparably related series. They are essentially a family, with DK, Mario, and Yoshi helming their own nuclear bloodlines. Conversely, the likes of The Legend of Zelda and Metroid were created antithetically to the Mario series, so while they exist in the same legal universe, any crossovers are currently stifled as such, having not truly entered canonical coexistence.

This is why Smash Bros. is so ****ing cool.
I think Yoshi to Mario is a little bit different than Mario to DK. Yoshi is still an important part to the main Mario series, and Mario is still an important part to the Yoshi series where as with DK, Mario isn't really important in his main series and DK isn't really important in Mario's.

Plus, the original Donkey Kong pretty much formed both series's so really neither is a spin off of the other one. The Mario we all know and love today was actually introduced in that game, where as the DK we all know and love didn't get introduced until Donkey Kong Country so there's that as well.

Laikue

Smash Cadet
NNID
Thatguylaikue
3DS FC
4356-1192-5913
There is no excuse for this atrocious roster. "Slightest difference mean, fds a character gets it's own slot rather than being an alt". Poppycock. I can think of a few differences between male and female wii fit trainer (boobs, pecs) and yet they are alts. Dr Mario is Mario is a coat. He is literally the definition of an alternate costume. And yet there he is, with his face looking at me on the character select screen.

This roster includes Megaman and Pacman, which is fantastic. But there was zero excuse to cut Wolf, Ice Climbers, or Lucas. There was less than zero excuse not to include all of the hype 3, let alone NONE OF THEM. I'm sure game play wise, this game will be a blast. But just ONCE I'd like a Smash game to produce so much disappointment upon the full roster's reveal. This feels like the dreaded 35 character ROB roster all over again. People trying to rationalize how Ridley could be DLC, how the "forbidden 7" (thus Mewtwo) could be DLC, how K Rool could be DLC if Nintendo got the Kremlings back...

I agree with some of what you said, but what I cannot understand is why people are hating so much on Fire Emblem, it is an incredible series, has offered us three really cool, unique movesets, I could kinda see people complaining about it being over-represented if Roy was back, but he's not. I also, personally really like clones, they take about a 6th of a regular character's time away (probably even less this time around, since they were all planned already as alt costumes), and they give some nice variation on characters people like. I don't see how "half this roster is clones", we have Dr. Mario, Lucina, Dark Pit, MAYBE Shulk (though we've already seen many unique moves for him, it is suspicious that he's down there), Toon Link, Falco, Ganondorf (the last three are semi-clones though). That is FAR from half the roster. I do agree that the cuts are ugly, but I'm fine with most of them. Also, how the hell is Brawl's roster the worst!?!? We lost three clones (one of which no one liked), de-cloned three clones, gained NINETEEN CHARACTERS (only two of which can be vaguely considered clones), and only lost one unique character (who was supposed to be in the game anyway!). If anything, Brawl had the BEST roster! But everyone has their opinions.

Last edited:

Spire

III
BRoomer
We always talk about characters, but we have to think first in gameplay. Characters must first bring a interesing gameplay style. That style could be anything. After that we can put a 'skin' in that gameplay and create a character. I think it's like that this game workd when adding new characters.
I don't think it's so black and white though. If Lucina wasn't in Awakening, the odds of Roy making it in Smash 4 would not have increased. I think her character dictated half of her inclusion. I don't think Sakurai sat around saying, "a Marth clone is essential!" Rather, Lucina just happened to fit his clone bill perfectly.

THOUGH, Doc is back, so this could be argued in Roy's favor.

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
The leak is real, the roster is full. No Ridley, K Rool, Mewtwo. Instead: Mario-in-coat, Duck-and-bird, and Marth-with-wig. Rostergate 2014 is definitive. Sakurai and Namco should be ashamed of the awful choices in making this vomit of a roster select screen.
:facepalm:
THE ROSTER HAS NOT BEEN FULLY UNLOCKED! The leaker said so himself!

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
People still think Shulk is a clone?
Didn't you hear? All new characters are clones. Rosalina is a clone of Peach, Little Mac's a clone of Bowser, Greninja is a clone of Sheik, the Villager is a clone of Mr. Game & Watch, the Wii Fit Trainer is a clone of Ganondorf - we all know about her sinister plans -, Pac-Man is a clone of Mario, Shulk's a clone of Ike, Palutena is a clone of Zelda, and Lucina's a clone of Marth. Oh, and don't forget the cloniest character of all: Dr. Mario, the clone of Zero Suit Samus. :p

Last edited:

PizzaWenisaur

Smash Apprentice
I still think Ridley is in - don't let me down Sakurai - please...
I just want the Internet to have The Great Crow Feast of 2014...

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
To be fair, we've only seen like two of his moves and they're both similar to moves that Marth and Link have respectively.
Yes, I recall when Marth and Link both fired lasers.

If you've not seen the gifs of Shulk's moveset please stop. He's nowhere even NEAR a clone.

And we've seen more than two moves.

Book Jacket

Smash Apprentice
Sodium is dangerous. Let go of the salt. Breathe a bit. In... Megaman... Out... Pac-Man... In... Sonic... Out... Mario...

Those characters up there? They're all in the game. The same game. That's cool. That's really freakin' cool. The roster is going to be fine, and so are all of us. If we could be happy with 39, we can be happy with this. If we could be happy with 25, we can be happy with this. Hell, if we could be happy with 12, this is like a gift from the universe.

Let's just be glad the game exists at all. I mean, really. We could have had Dragon King the Fighting Game and been done with it 20 years ago. And besides, there's more to life than a nintendo themed platform fighting game.

-Read the above if you are actively angry about the roster-

Shame someone had to leak. Ruins the surprise a bit. But I can't stay away from knowing. I jsut hope this isn't the final roster and that the Climbers come back. Still though, looking to be a great game, and I'm glad that Bowser Jr. is in, Clown car or not. Loved the guy since Sunshine.

D

Deleted member

To be fair, we've only seen like two of his moves and they're both similar to moves that Marth and Link have respectively.
I didn't know Link and Marth had a move where they thrust forward an unopened weapon, then open it into a laser beam and sheathe it afterwards, or a spinning sword sweep across the ground. Seriously, sharing one or two moves and people are calling someone a clone is just ridiculous.

skyluigi2

Smash Rookie
NNID
skyluigi
3DS FC
5069-3912-3062
There's no way Sakurai would leave the roster looking like that anyway. I have no doubts that every single pixel on the character select screen will be filled with characters to select.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
just throwing my 2 cents here, but I think this is actually one of the better Roster that it.

first, we have gotten really (and I mean REALLY) originally unquine movesets on character we werent expecting. example Bowser Jr being in his Clown Copter and attacks mostly with it which we never expected to do! we only expected him to be either a Toon Link or a swordman with the paintbrush. I love the idea with the clown copter.
other characters that is also originally is Little Mac, Pac Man, Mega Man, Robin, Rosalina, Greninja. heck even DHD sounds original and unquie to its set and would love to play it! even the dream fight of Pac Man, Mega Man, Sonic and Mario is now possible which was never possible before!

second, yes, I am fully aware we will get 3 completely clones (and 3 luigis) of eachother which is Lucina, Dark Pit and Dr Mario. as I understand it. Lucina is more Roy to Melee and Dr Mario is from Melee. making those 2 passable (but I do dont like them), but the one I literally hate is dark pit! but as I understand, those 3 never replaced anyone which Sakurai said. they already stated all characters from the beginning but as soon a alt needs some extra for its alt, they make that as a extra character without replacing anyone! they are like the extra bottle when you bought 10 and you get 11. if you dont get the character you wanted, its because they decised at the beginning and not cutting them off for the clones

third, Yes, I dont like how it got leaked because I wanted it to be a surprise or get its personal reveal trailer from Sakurai.
but I think its not the final build and/or final roster yet! since the Allstar mode was locked and everyone is pretty scramble up in the CSS! its more evidence for its not final than final. I still hope for Ridley, Mewtwo and Marshal/Chorus kid!

Fouth, I dont like the cuts of Lucas, Wolf, IC and Snake, but its something we have to live with sadly! I was sad over Mewtwo werent in Brawl, but we got some nice newcombers in Brawl that I cant complain over like King Dedede, ROB, Diddy and more.
Sadly, loved lucas really much and I hope he gets in someway! can easy live without Wolf, IC and Snakes.

The Revolutionary Cafe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CafeRevolution
3DS FC
2766-9632-2051
Switch FC
5665-2697-0979
Apparently Mewtwo is in but Ridley is a stage hazard (not like he would have worked anyways lol) K. Rool isn't at all which sucks. But "Mario-in-a-coat" gives him his master race tornado attack Duck Hunt is a great retro character and "Marth-in-a-wig" is a nice bonus for having Robin in the game.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
I agree with some of what you said, but what I cannot understand is why people are hating so much on Fire Emblem, it is an incredible series, has offered us three really cool, unique movesets, I could kinda see people complaining about it being over-represented if Roy was back, but he's not. I also, personally really like clones, they take about a 6th of a regular character's time away (probably even less this time around, since they were all planned already as alt costumes), and they give some nice variation on characters people like. I don't see how "half this roster is clones", we have Dr. Mario, Lucina, Dark Pit, MAYBE Shulk (though we've already seen many unique moves for him, it is suspicious that he's down there), Toon Link, Falco, Ganondorf (the last three are semi-clones though). That is FAR from half the roster. I do agree that the cuts are ugly, but I'm fine with most of them. Also, how the hell is Brawl's roster the worst!?!? We lost three clones (one of which no one liked), de-cloned three clones, gained NINETEEN CHARACTERS (only two of which can be vaguely considered clones), and only lost one unique character (who was supposed to be in the game anyway!). If anything, Brawl had the BEST roster! But everyone has their opinions.
I have played two FE games and quite enjoyed them. But there are ratios involved. Why does it need four reps when DK, Star Fox, and Metroid get 2 each? Especially since two of those series have characters that people have demanded for now three consecutive installments and yet they still are nowhere to be found. As far as Brawl's roster, I didn't mean to imply I felt it was the worst (that is either Smash 4's, prior to this leak I would have said Melee's). I was just referencing the high hopes everybody had for the roster, and the extreme disappointment everybody had when it turned out that the 35 character ROB roster was indeed real. Even during then though, I felt Brawl's had the best roster. This time though, I'm just disappointing and wondering why so many crap decisions were made. How do they announce every notable character so far in advance of the release? It just seemed like the hype three, or at least something noteworthy, was coming. It did not seem like all we had left to look forward to was Mario-in-coat and Bowser Jr fighting while taking part in a potato sack race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom