• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If Sakurai were a vengeful man:

''Nintendo of America wants to leak my game do they? Welp, I will delete their dreams. Bill Trinen likes to play Rosalina? She's gone. Reggie likes Donkey Kong? Say goodbye Furball Kongs! While we're at it, let's delete Little Mac! They want Ridley right? Shame, I had actually added him. Dead space pirate ahoy! Goodbye. Didn't even like him anyways."

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
If Sakurai were a vengeful man:

''Nintendo of America wants to leak my game do they? Welp, I will delete their dreams. Bill Trinen likes to play Rosalina? She's gone. Reggie likes Donkey Kong? Say goodball Furball Kongs! While we're at it, let's delete Little Mac! They want Ridley right? Shame, I had actually added him. Dead space pirate ahoy! Goodbye. Didn't even like him anyways."
And if that actually happened (which thankfully I couldn't see it happening) I would definitely want to see Sakurai stop being the one developing SSB games.

Leaks happen in this day and age. Heck, we can't even have a single E3 with a console reveal that we don't know many of the details about the console through leaks beforehand. So something like a SSB roster is just going to happen.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
The fact that the leaks were from someone in Nintendo of America annoys me. The game releases in 17 days in Japan and yet we get no leaks from there but instead from America where it releases in over a month. I could imagine Nintendo Japan and Sakurai being pissed at NoA.
This is Why Nintendo of Europe Never gets involved in this sort of Stuff :p

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Hopefully this will never happen. Smash without Masahero Sakurambo is not Smash.
It'll happen. I'll wager it even has a strong chance of happen on the next installment (s).

On the topic of the ICs:

The outlines are entirely optional though.

So no it can't be the outlines that would prevent Ice Climbers from coming back and frankly if outlines are getting characters cut then we've hit a new low.

Last edited:

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
It'll happen. I'll wager it even has a strong chance of happen on the next installment (s).
On the topic of the ICs:
The outlines are entirely optional though.
So no it can't be the outlines that would prevent Ice Climbers from coming back and frankly if outlines are getting characters cut then we've hit a new low.
Luma has no Outline So Its Clearly not that But I think He won't cut them Completely I'd think he'd bring back Popo And Make Him Super Buffed in all area's to account for No Nana Give him the Pterodactyl as a recovery option and make Nana a trophy

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Luma has no Outline So Its Clearly not that But I think He won't cut them Completely I'd think he'd bring back Popo And Make Him Super Buffed in all area's to account for No Nana Give him the Pterodactyl as a recovery option and make Nana a trophy
That really defeats the very concept of the Ice Climbers both in their original series and in this series, though.

Also, it would be absurd to not have Nana be an alt.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
That really defeats the very concept of the Ice Climbers both in their original series and in this series, though.

Also, it would be absurd to not have Nana be an alt.
Really? I played a bit of the NES Ice Climbers and I don't remember ever having them on the same screen.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
i have not seen anyone point this out but the miis in the leak and the miis from the potd are the exact same

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
Even if this is the final character/stage roster we still have a lot to see! We still don't know how some of the new modes work, there are definitely still some technical nuances left to know, we haven't seen most of the stages in action (or their FD mode). That's not to mention the cool easter eggs Sakurai likes to add in! Despite knowing most (or all) of the characters, I'm still excited to find secrets in this game.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
Personally i think the roster we have seen in the leak is the final roster but there is always a possibility there are more characters
if the all star leaked picture if from the same thing as the roster leak that means its probably not the final foster

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
So wait, are Ridley and Mewtwo NOT in? Did I miss something?
Things are still very much up in the air, and they likely will remain that way as the leaker apparently got found and very likely won't risk showing any more info if they unlock more characters.

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
Things are still very much up in the air, and they likely will remain that way as the leaker apparently got found and very likely won't risk showing any more info if they unlock more characters.
I feel sorry for the leaker especially because some pepole don't even believe the leaker..it must suck for him

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I feel sorry for the leaker especially because some pepole don't even believe the leaker..it must suck for him
Well, he did it all to himself. Kind of having a hard time feeling too bad for him myself.

It sucks, and I hope he shapes up and is lucky enough for a good new employer to trust him and hire him, but he did it to himself.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Given the information we have, if the Ice Climbers aren't in, isn't it safe to assume that they were intended to be in? That is to say, if a journalist is reporting that Sakurai stated that the Ice Climbers were posing issues for the 3DS version (and assuming he wasn't mistaken), this means that they were in development at some point in time.
To be honest, I think we'll be seeing the Ice Climbers in Smash 4 - if not at launch, then at some point in time. Perhaps the issues surrounding their inclusion were not resolved in time for the footage that was sent to ESRB, but were resolved afterwards? I realise this is borderline straw-grasping, but I do think there's merit in remaining optimistic here.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Hopefully this will never happen. Smash without Masahero Sakurambo is not Smash.
Pretty sure their are plenty of video game directors out there that could do an amazing job.
Hopefully the next one values speed of gameplay over catering to casuals more.
And hopefully also has higher priorities than surprising people with reveals.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
No but there's this.

And people were talking like this was deconfirmed.
Although I can't quite believe this 100%, he's got a couple of things matched up.
  • Bowser Jr.'s fighting style and a couple of his attacks were seen in the removed video footage.
  • The mysterious fighters seen on the leaked character roster, who were seen along with Shulk and Bowser Jr. Who are technically "confirmed" atm.
  • One of the Koopalings appears as a trophy in the batch of screenshots, who is also seen riding an alt colour of Bowser Jr.'s Clown copter.
  • And if you pay attention to the date this was posted, this was from almost a month ago. Quite the time gap from yesterday's meltdown.
Of course, even if some of his information matches up, there's a chance they've mixed up some fake information in his information leak, possibly to garner more attention and hype. Especially with the additions of Ridley and Mewtwo as playable characters.

Sigh... I wish I could stop thinking about all this.

I don't quite believe that but i hope it's true ...also what does he mean by 5 different modes swaps
He means that Shulk will be able to switch to 5 different modes which we see him do in the leaked video.

It's a little hard to ignore when it tells us exactly how Bowser Jr and Shulk play which is now confirmed with the videos that were leaked.

This was back on July 29th but there is also another leak from July 27th on 4Chan that said:

Ridley
Mewtwo
Dixie
Bowser Jr
Shulk
Duck Hunt Dog
Chorus Men

Last edited:

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Although I can't quite believe this 100%, he's got a couple of things matched up.
  • Bowser Jr.'s fighting style and a couple of his attacks were seen in the removed video footage.
  • The mysterious fighters seen on the leaked character roster, who were seen along with Shulk and Bowser Jr. Who are technically "confirmed" atm.
  • One of the Koopalings appears as a trophy in the batch of screenshots, who is also seen riding an alt colour of Bowser Jr.'s Clown copter.
  • And if you pay attention to the date this was posted, this was from almost a month ago. Quite the time gap from yesterday's meltdown.
Of course, even if some of his information matches up, there's a chance they've mixed up some fake information in his information leak, possibly to garner more attention and hype. Especially with the additions of Ridley and Mewtwo as playable characters.

Sigh... I wish I could stop thinking about all this.
Yeah Larry being a trophy/alt. pretty much confirms Dixie, Mewtwo, and Ridley for me.

Bingoshi

Smash Apprentice
I wanted to ask, and I may be remembering wrong, but wasn't there another person besides the original leaker dude who claimed Mach Rider was in? Was that fake or something? I just wanted to know. Almost nobody I wanted in made it. Mach Rider is the absolute LAST character I want that still has somewhat of a chance. If I'm remembering wrong, sorry about that.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
No but there's this.

And people were talking like this was deconfirmed.
I had almost forgotten that it stated every character gets 8 costumes, that's actually pretty sick.

Last edited:

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
I know I said it before, and maybe I'm just irrationally ranting about this late at night, but...

They really need to rewrite some of those trophy descriptions. It literally sounds like a 12-year-old wrote them. I expected better from you, NOA.

"A living embodiment of gross..."
"Did I mention he's gross?"

How about "A living embodiment of grossness?" Why is there the personal pronoun "I?"

"She and Fox also became romantically involved, but no idea if her telepathic abilities were useful there as well."

"...but no idea?" What? How does that make grammatical sense? It doesn't! How about "but it is unknown?"

"Just by glancing at them, she makes guys wonder if she likes them."

Seriously, who wrote this s***? Maybe they had to condense their writing due to the small size of the screen, but damn...10- or 11-year old me could write slightly better than this...

Anyways, I like the idea of Bowser Jr. having the Koopalings as alt costumes. I hope this is true!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Us Ridley/Dixie/Mewtwo supporters have a nail-biter here, that's one thing for sure.

However, they could have just as easily been deconfirmed by the leaker. We still have hope left, and that says quite a lot.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
I know I said it before, and maybe I'm just irrationally ranting about this late at night, but...

They really need to rewrite some of those trophy descriptions. It literally sounds like a 12-year-old wrote them. I expected better from you, NOA.

How about "A living embodiment of grossness?" Why is there the personal pronoun "I?"

"She and Fox also became romantically involved, but no idea if her telepathic abilities were useful there as well."

"...but no idea?" What? How does that make grammatical sense? It doesn't! How about "but it is unknown?"

Seriously, who wrote this s***? Maybe they had to condense their writing due to the small size of the screen, but damn...10- or 11-year old me could write slightly better than this...

Anyways, I like the idea of Bowser Jr. having the Koopalings as alt costumes. I hope this is true!
Yeah, I didn't think those particular images were real after reading those awful descriptions.o

Oh, and I despise the idea of Koopalings as alts.

Last edited:

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
A quick question: Has it been confirmed that the 4chan post about Nintendo having found the leaker is true? How can somebody know this info?

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Personally i think the roster we have seen in the leak is the final roster but there is always a possibility there are more characters
Back when the leak first broke I kinda relegated myself to the fact that was the final roster. I doubt we're getting anything more than that, at least outside of DLC.

A quick question: Has it been confirmed that the 4chan post about Nintendo having found the leaker is true? How can somebody know this info?
At the moment, I don't think anyone knows for sure. It was probably someone looking for attention, and naturally, in the confusion and chaos of all this, it worked.

Last edited:

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper

they were probably just place holders that have been translated literally to give an idea to the esrb of what the text will say.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hah, I thought the same thing.
If there wasn't already mountains of evidence that this was real, I would've questioned its legitimacy given the unprofessional trophy text.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom