• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
Well I did this in photoshop just for fun, crappy but would be nice to see the roster like this with all the other rumored characters. Fits well also.

Last edited:

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
I'm still holding out for a Rhythm Heaven character, and the Ice Climbers. There have never been any enemies in Smash Bros. that aren't from a series with a playable character.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I could go for what that one person said, which is Ice Climber being re-tooled as just Popo with massive buffs and different moves for Recovery.

For the unknown characters, are there still 2 schools of thought, or has one prevailed over the other?

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Lol, #teamfake got BTFO with the picture of the day. :dr^_^:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Considering Midna appeared in a grand total of about jack squat of any of those Zelda games since Brawl, I'd say she's lucky to have her AT status as is.
She's as unique, in terms of her appearance and potential moveset, as anything the modern Zelda series could offer.

But, if we're going to go by your argument, how many appearances post-Brawl has the Duck Hunt Dog made? How many games has the Duck Hunt franchise spawned? Etc.

I'm not actually trying to make that silly argument, by the way. Just turning said silly argument on its head to emphasize its silliness.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
I genuinely can't wait to see how people try to deny it now.

Does that make me a bad person?

Doctor Pink

Smash Apprentice
I am just waiting for Sakurai to announce "Melee Mode" where the game becomes Melee, instead of good brawl. Good Brawl isn't bad, but I long for Melee to have a true sequel. Oh, and Duck Hunt sounds like a potential sub for me.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Pfff, Sakurai just straight up confirmed the leak. Where's the fun in that.

Well, I guess we'll just have to wait to the game gets into the peoples hands before we get to know something new about this game, we know too much now.
You know, of course, that it's fully possible to avoid spoiling yourself with news if you so choose. You can't visit a thread on a Smash forum named "Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread", then complain about knowing too much. That's asinine.

For instance, I'm practically salivating for the next Dragon Age game. But I actively avoid news and impressions of the game for fear of spoilers. I don't even know the names of the game's new companions yet.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
I could go for what that one person said, which is Ice Climber being re-tooled as just Popo with massive buffs and different moves for Recovery.

For the unknown characters, are there still 2 schools of thought, or has one prevailed over the other?
I Like This Idea more instead of Cutting Them Completely and it would not make much difference in Japanese Right?

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Anymore characters that arent on this leak?
Well Multiple Sources are saying different characters The Video Source claims there are 3 more characters they are Mewtwo Dixie and the Chorus Men While the other Source claims there are 5 more Characters Mewtwo Ridley Dixie Impa and Mach Rider So I Have no idea but I Think the Chorus Kids one sounds more Realistic

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
Well Multiple Sources are saying different characters The Video Source claims there are 3 more characters they are Mewtwo Dixie and the Chorus Men While the other Source claims there are 5 more Characters Mewtwo Ridley Dixie Impa and Mach Rider So I Have no idea but I Think the Chorus Kids one sounds more Realistic
eh If the climbers aren't in, I can't imagine chorus kids in. That'd be insult to injury. But at the same time, the other source sounds too good to be true.
help

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
eh If the climbers aren't in, I can't imagine chorus kids in. That'd be insult to ingury. But at the same time, the other source sounds too good to be true.
help
Sakurai has never been one to care about that kind of thing (not adding insult to injury), though. lol

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
Sakurai has never been one to care about that kind of thing (not adding insult to injury), though. lol
But he has specifically stated that he had troubles putting in Ice Climbers. If they aren't in but the chorus kids are (and has a similar gimmick to them), then it would mean that Sakurai flat out lied to us

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
He's probably hating himself right now and won't do anything else. I sure as hell would feel like crap after doing something like that. No way I'd do anything further about it.
You assume everyone has a conscience. The sad fact is some don't (at least until it comes back to get them). Psychopaths (has more of a negative context than it should). Though a lot of psychopaths function perfectly well in society, like all types of people, some are ***** :p.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Multiple sources weren't involved with the Mewtwo, Dixie and Chorus thing, it was just some 4chan guy who hi-jacked a leaker's name and posted with it. He had a different poster ID though, so he was debunked. The additional five characters thing was said by the original leaker, but he has been lying to us before (DLC) so we shouldn't really trust him either.

Only thing that seems to be widely agreed upon between the leakers is that there are more characters, but given that their only source is the ESRB video no one knows who they would be yet.

Last edited:

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
IDK I feel that with Ice Climbers it was less of an AI problem and more that they had to choose between Ice Climbers and 60FPS. Because having them on a stage is one thing, but when you have four players all as Ice Cimbers on the most complicated stage on Online while chucking PokéBalls and Assist Trophies there is going to be some huge stress.

Chorus men it may be different as they could opt for sprites over models.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
IDK I feel that with Ice Climbers it was less of an AI problem and more that they had to choose between Ice Climbers and 60FPS. Because having them on a stage is one thing, but when you have four players all as Ice Cimbers on the most complicated stage on Online while chucking PokéBalls and Assist Trophies there is going to be some huge stress.

Chorus men it may be different as they could opt for sprites over models.
Sneaky Sprit is In 2D So Chorus Kids could be in 2D which could make them easier to program or It Could Be Marshal Joining since he is Only One character perhaps with Miss Ribbon alts too; anyway at this point Its pretty dang likely we are getting a RH Rep but who? Karate Joe is another option and he could have a easier move set But Eh Its Sakurai so who knows :p

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
But he has specifically stated that he had troubles putting in Ice Climbers. If they aren't in but the chorus kids are (and has a similar gimmick to them), then it would mean that Sakurai flat out lied to us
You're assuming way too much about game development with this statement.

If the Ice Climbers require two completely separate models to be running simultaneously in reaction to one another, with one human-controlled and one AI-controlled, then that takes up a larger chunk of the system's processing power and RAM than, say, a character model made up of three pieces that don't act independently of one another. At that point, it's just one character represented by "three" on screen. Like a Dugtrio in Pokemon Stadium.

Not saying Chorus Kids are in. (I really don't want them.) But blanket statements like this really need to stay out of debates or everyone's going to rush in to try and refute them, thus spawning more arguments and less actually meaningful discussion.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
You're assuming way too much about game development with this statement.

If the Ice Climbers require two completely separate models to be running simultaneously in reaction to one another, with one human-controlled and one AI-controlled, then that takes up a larger chunk of the system's processing power and RAM than, say, a character model made up of three pieces that don't act independently of one another. At that point, it's just one character represented by "three" on screen. Like a Dugtrio in Pokemon Stadium.

Not saying Chorus Kids are in. (I really don't want them.) But blanket statements like this really need to stay out of debates or everyone's going to rush in to try and refute them, thus spawning more arguments and less actually meaningful discussion.
Wasn't it confirmed that Ice Climbers are very simply AI, that function on two simple programs? The first was based on movement, about getting horizontal then vertical. The other describing attack?

I also remember a statement about he polygon information.

I wish I saved it- it essentially made the IC argument seem moot at this point if it were true.

Though how could it be true if Sakurai said it was ever an issue.

Or maybe it meant no issue compared to Rosalina.

Or maybe every character is really just Pit.

lemaskdemasque

Smash Cadet
Warning Received
Wasn't it confirmed that Ice Climbers are very simply AI, that function on two simple programs? The first was based on movement, about getting horizontal then vertical. The other describing attack?

I wish I saved it- it essentially made the IC argument seem moot at this point if it were true.

Last edited:

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
Can somebody fill me in what happened during the last 10 hours?
Last 10 hours? Nothing much, but the POTD contains the first official sign of Final Destination Mode being called "Omega Mode" which was shown off in the leaked menu images.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Warning Received
I made a Straw Poll asking what Alt will you use as Bowser Jr.

I also realized that everyone is going to call Bowser Jr, "BJ". Tehe.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I will play as Bowser Jr. himself and maybe Roy Koopa once in a while.

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
I made a Straw Poll asking what Alt will you use as Bowser Jr.

I also realized that everyone is going to call Bowser Jr, "BJ". Tehe.
I voted Jr., but I'd honestly probably play all of them at some point, aside from Wendy.

Bowser Jr. primarily, with Iggy as a usual alternate. I'm not the biggest fan of most of the Koopalings, and I'll play many of them in MK8, but I like Jr. & Iggy the most.

Can somebody fill me in what happened during the last 10 hours?
Spectator Mode was re-confirmed via Pic of the Day, but this has already been shown, briefly, in the E3 2014 trailer.

However, the PotD also revealed the "Omega Mode" icon, thus validating the stage select screen pic in the imgur leak.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Roy is our boy!

Seriously though, I am going to, more likely than not, use Wendy.
Haha, how funny that we did (maybe) get a Roy in Smash again?

...on that note, is there even any confirmation on the Koopa Kids, or are we still just going by the previous Ninka leak that it would be true?

The one that lists Alph as an alt character as well.

Koopaul

Smash Champion

Ever consider maybe the problem with Ice Climbers was the black outline on the 3DS version? Yes, consider how the two characters are smooshed together most of the time unlike Rosalina's Luma which floats beside her. Actually, Rosalina's Luma isn't even outlined is he? Hm. Perhaps I'm on to something here.

I imagine the Ice Climbers would mess with the outline maybe.

Last edited:

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Haha, how funny that we did (maybe) get a Roy in Smash again?

...on that note, is there even any confirmation on the Koopa Kids, or are we still just going by the previous Ninka leak that it would be true?

The one that lists Alph as an alt character as well.
God Alph?? Man I'd love to play as him!

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
The fact that the leaks were from someone in Nintendo of America annoys me. The game releases in 17 days in Japan and yet we get no leaks from there but instead from America where it releases in over a month. I could imagine Nintendo Japan and Sakurai being pissed at NoA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom