• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Looks like we hit a calm. I don't think we'll be seeing anything new anytime soon at this point. All we got going on now are discussions/impressions.

lavadeira

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1736-0917-9729
Honestly, I hope people don't get their hopes up too much about this not being the final roster. Everything about there potentially being more characters has been speculation and has nothing to back it up besides the lock icon on All-Star mode, which means nothing for specific characters and only implies that there are, indeed, more to unlock.

For all we know this could very well be the final roster and there's a new way to unlock All-Star mode. I would just personally rather have the mindset that this is the final roster and be pleasantly surprised in the event that it isn't.
This pretty much.

I'll give this a 10/10 if Mewtwo AND Ridley are both in.
9/10 if Mewtwo is in and not Ridley.
7/10 if neither.
Seriously....Sakurai would have to put plugs in his ears for the past 3 years to not add one of these guys. -.-
11/10 if Ghirahim, Chorus Men and Lucas are in, so automatically ruled off
10/10 if Chorus Men and Lucas are in
9.5/10 if Lucas is in
9/10 if Chorus Men is in
8.5/10 if neither are in

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
That's not necessarily true, one of Rosalina's down special variations makes her Luma grow large and "protect" her (though not sure what that means) - which is a pretty large difference. I could his Warlock Punch being changed into a long, slow sword stab or something similar.
Don't mean to be rude but read what I said. "Plus we have to remember that so far for most characters, custom special moves are just reskins." I know that some character have completely new custom moves, but from what we have seen so far, most are slight variations of default moves.

TheZapp

Smash Journeyman
I am 80% sure the POTD will have nothing to do with the leaks. We have been saying that there would be a POTD confirming/disconfirming the leak since the CSS pics last week

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
Anyone notice with the Master Hand pic from the imgur, that MasterHand has HP instead of percentage? That's pretty cool.

Unresolved

Smash Cadet
NNID
Unresolved
3DS FC
4596-9792-3892
Anyone notice with the Master Hand pic from the imgur, that MasterHand has HP instead of percentage? That's pretty cool.
You ever played classic mode before?
It's been like that for a while now.

Last edited:

NeonS4

Smash Cadet
NNID
NeonS5
3DS FC
3351-4072-5555
I'm just so hyped that Bowser Jr is in. I've been wanting him for ages!

micstar615

Smash Ace
If the current roster is the final roster, I'd give it an 8/10.

If Mewtwo is in, then it's a 10/10 for me.

If Ridley is in then it's an 11/10.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
A Big Leak was part of Sakurai's plan; surely.

So, guess it s onto the next step.
Cannot wait to see what that is!

Poots

Smash Journeyman
Come on guys, you got Villager, WiiFitTrainer, Robin, Lucina, Lady Palutena, Greninja, LittleMac, Rosalina, and somehow Pac Man and Mega Man. You even got most everyone from Brawl as well as one returning character from melee. I think this roster is more deserving of a 7/10 just because that one character you really wanted didn't get in.

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
Really, there's no point in talking about anything until the POTD....Unless Sakurai gives us something stupid again. Hoping he won't, but he probably/most likely will knowing him.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Come on guys, you got Villager, WiiFitTrainer, Robin, Lucina, Lady Palutena, Greninja, LittleMac, Rosalina, and somehow Pac Man and Mega Man. You even got most everyone from Brawl as well as one returning character from melee. I think this roster is more deserving of a 7/10 just because that one character you really wanted didn't get in.
A bad apple spoils the bunch. Ironic that the Apple is a Doctor.

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
Really, there's no point in talking about anything until the POTD....Unless Sakurai gives us something stupid again. Hoping he won't, but he probably/most likely will knowing him.
*sigh*
Also, damn. 159 users and 206 guests viewing the thread.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
It dawns on me that we may not know the full roster of this game for years.....

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
There isnt one character I have supported that has been included yet. I'll admit that makes me pretty salty, so that's my score until I see the full roster, assuming this isn't for some reason.

Wtfwasthat

Smash Journeyman
I was too late and didnt see the videos before they were taken down :( anything good/interesting? Are there any other videos still on the internet?

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of Master Hand, would be cool if they show a POTD of him. It would be pretty awesome to finally see how Master Hand would look like on the 3DS/Wii U

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
You're using the WII FIT TRAINER as an example? :laugh:

NeonS4

Smash Cadet
NNID
NeonS5
3DS FC
3351-4072-5555
Good
:4palutena::4robinm::4megaman::4pacman::4littlemac:, Shulk, Bowser Jr, DHD

Bad
No :popo::wolf::lucas::squirtle::ivysaur:. And :drmario:/Dark Pit are in
I have to agree, IMO Dr.Mario should of been a Costume and Dark Pit shouldn't have even of been considered a character. What's he going to use for his recolors?

But assuming that Dr.Mario will be made very quickly and not use development time and Dark Pit will have a unique moveset then I don't mind.

And for the characters who didn't make it, they should be re-added as DLC after Smash Wii U comes out (assuming they couldn't make it because of time restraints).

lavadeira

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1736-0917-9729
Yes, the currently revealed characters are already wonderful. I'm in love with Villager, Robin and Pac Man, which is a lot for a single game since back in Brawl I could only play seriously with Lucas, Kirby and Marth. With Shulk and DHD virtually confirmed, I'm starting to realize this game will become one of my all time favorites.

Last edited:

NeonS4

Smash Cadet
NNID
NeonS5
3DS FC
3351-4072-5555
I was too late and didnt see the videos before they were taken down :( anything good/interesting? Are there any other videos still on the internet?
Yes, it confirmed Bowser Jr and Shulk, along with Gandondorf.

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
It dawns on me that we may not know the full roster of this game for years.....
It's always been possible to unlock all characters just by spamming VS matches, so it wouldn't take that long. Even if Smash 3DS doesn't have those 1HP Flower matches.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I would agree....but if Dr. Mario is in over Mewtwo, something is seriously wrong here. Sakurai should of just left Dr. Mario out in such a case....I mean, come on now....wouldn't he think the Melee fans would be upset that their "REQUESTED" character was left out in place of a character hardly anyone cared about?
I mean, seriously...I don't mind the Doc, in fact...I loved playing as him. It's just that it wouldn't be right to exclude Mewtwo at this point in time.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Am I the only one not mad about Dr. Mario? He has a different special move from Mario. It makes him less of a clone than Toon Link or Falco.

TheZapp

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one not mad about Dr. Mario? He has a different special move from Mario. It makes him less of a clone than Toon Link or Falco.
Same here, I hate FLUDD on mario and honestly I enjoy throwing pills for some reason

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Because these are usually the people that do this every single time the official roster is revealed. Then they just buy the game a few months later anyway.

I'm 9/10 on this one. Really love the roster, got about half the characters I wanted, got Robin+Lucina after downgrading my expectations to Chrom, and got all the characters I previously played back. Only thing that is a bit disappointing is that Dixie Kong probably isn't in, but you can't win 'em all.
I honestly cannot resist hearing Jon Benjamin's voice in my head whenever I read your posts. It's brilliant!

Anyway, if we're going to rate the roster, then:

7/10 if the CSS is all we get. I think this is the likely scenario. If so, it's not perfect. It has its flaws. I think the representation for each series is a bit off, but I still like the newcomers including the clones. The number is about right too. Honestly, besides missing some of my most wanted characters (one is a pipe dream, one is someone I gave up on in April, the other two I always felt as if only one of them would make it anyway) and not agreeing with half the cuts, this roster is fairly good regardless.

Now if the missing 3, 4 or 5 or whatever are included then it's 9.5/10. It loses .5 points because of the cuts but otherwise it would be a really strong roster and it would soften the blow of losing ICs, Wolf and Lucas a little more.

Last edited:

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
If he has the same god dam Down special as Mario does im going to be pretty upset and a bunch of people as well. Now if he has the Tornado, I can see people using Doc over Mario more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom