• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Bu-but it can't be real, duck anatomy dictates that there necks are supposed to be short. Anyway, I saw the video leaker say that Mewtwo and Dixie are in, but did he say Chorus Kids were? I know he said a character from a different series is in, but I didn't see him specifically say Chorus Kids.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
This roster is a 9/10 to me. Add Ridley and Dixie and we have a flawless 10/10. Add Ice Climbers back and we have perfection.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
The remaining characters that will unlock All Star Mode.
The thing I've been wondering about the alleged All Star mode picture (that I'm sure has been raised before, but I haven't noticed it), is why there even is a "locked" All Star mode symbol. In both Melee and Brawl, there was no indication that a mode existed until it suddenly was added to the menu when you unlocked all the characters. While it's certainly possible it was changed for this iteration since people expect it at this point, I'd be surprised if it was actually changed. Sakurai tends to not have visible locked modes in general in his games.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Maybe one of Mario's Custom FLUDD moves is actually REALLY good. He may be played more than Dr. Mario.

Ones I remember:

• Meta Knight
  • King Dedede
  • Ridley
  • Sonic
  • Toad
  • Wolf
  • Daisy
  • Waluigi
  • Charizard
The only one that doesn't make sense in that list is Daisy. K Rool was probably tons higher as well as Diddy

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Bu-but it can't be real, duck anatomy dictates that there necks are supposed to be short. Anyway, I saw the video leaker say that Mewtwo and Dixie are in, but did he say Chorus Kids were? I know he said a character from a different series is in, but I didn't see him specifically say Chorus Kids.
I think it was mewtwo,dixie,chorus kids

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
This roster is a 9/10 to me. Add Ridley and Dixie and we have a flawless 10/10. Add Ice Climbers back and we have perfection.
Flawless 10/10 is already perfection.

And really, the Ice Climbers are as good as cut if the leak is confirmed.

My obituary for them and others is on the DLC announcement thread.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Flawless 10/10 is already perfection.

And really, the Ice Climbers are as good as cut if the leak is confirmed.

My obituary for them and others is on the DLC announcement thread.
Not to me it isn't ;)

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Glad to see Wario's left pupil's been confirmed.

But in all seriousness, glad to see my suspicions on the leak were right; though I'd certainly like to see whatever more characters there might be (crossing my fingers for Chorus Kids), I'm really liking this roster as it stands. Bowser Jr. (Roy confirmed lulz) and Duck Hunt look super interesting, and getting the Doc back is a decent exchange for Lucas, especially since I've been doubting the latter's return since at least July. And hey, at least one MOTHER 1 nod in the Devil Car, if not two in the Magicant stage? At least MOTHER's not completely forgotten!

Also, this seems to have been mostly lost in passing amidst the flood of new info, but the Palutena leak disconfirmation blew my mind. I have no idea what to think about any other leaks, past or future, because of that.

Last edited:

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
I know this should be common knowledge by now, but I'm still seeing people jumping to conclusions and upsetting about the roster being final.

All-Star mode isn't unlocked, so the leaked roster isn't complete.

Any newcomers and veterans (for the most part) are still fair game, more people need to see this!

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I know this should be common knowledge by now, but I'm still seeing people jumping to conclusions and upsetting about the roster being final.

Any newcomers and veterans (for the most part) are still fair game, more people need to see this!

It's a shame people are being blind and just saying "LOL ROSTER SUCKS FINAL GG"

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
10/10 Shulk is there also glad to see Roy being an alt costume
Wait... Roy's an alt costume? Since when? Which leak is this one?

On a side note: I would have preferred Hector, Chrom, Lyn, Eirika (rapier user), Ephraim (spear/lance user), or Roy's dad, Eliwood, over Roy.

From top right: Hector, Eliwood, and Lyn. Dude's got an axe! What's there to not love about Hector?!

lavadeira

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1736-0917-9729

May have a new unlock criteria
May not coincide with the CSS picture

I do believe it means the roster is not final, but I believe more in the "no hopes up unless 100%" philosophy.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
...it's the same guy who posted the CSS picture.
And seriously, Smash has always had it that way. Unlock all the characters= Unlock All Star
Why would it change? That basically signals you have everyone!!
(...do you want this to be the final roster? I think you just might...)

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord

On a side note: I would have preferred Hector, Chrom, Lyn, Eirika (rapier user), Ephraim (spear/lance user), or Roy's dad, Eliwood, over Roy.

From top right: Hector, Eliwood, and Lyn. Dude's got an axe! What's there to not love about Hector?!
i think he means Roy Koopa

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107

I meant Roy Koopa for Bowser Jr

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464

Not that Roy. there is a Koopaling named Roy

EDIT: Greninja''d

Last edited:

AuraStorm13

Smash Rookie

Wrong Roy. The Koopaling is supposingly a Alt for Jr., not the Swordsman. Though it would be hilarious to see the FE Character in the Clown Car. But unfortunately, no word on the Swordsman yet.

Last edited:

lavadeira

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1736-0917-9729
...it's the same guy who posted the CSS picture.
And seriously, Smash has always had it that way. Unlock all the characters= Unlock All Star
Why would it change? That basically signals you have everyone!!
(...do you want this to be the final roster? I think you just might...)
Yes, but as someone who isn't 100% sure on the leak itself, I won't be sure on this too. I didn't say it's not from the same person, but may not have been took at the same time (Nah, I don't. I still want my Lucas more than anything).

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman

Weird to see Sakurai have the All Star mode already an option in the menu before unlocking all the characters. In Melee it was Hidden and in Brawl I'm pretty sure it was Hidden as well but they were both Hidden Options in those games. But I guess Sakurai's changing it to have a Lock on it. :o

Last edited:

IAm2Sarcastic4U

Smash Journeyman

All-Star mode is kinda slaying me with this order of year sequence each character debuted. I'm assuming Greninja will be fought last?

RedHotRubberDucky

Smash Cadet
Well at least Roy fans will be happy. They've been asking for Roy. Don't you think Sakurai including Dr. Mario again is kind of like Sakurai making the game feel more like Melee? I mean its obvious that the community prefers melee and I'm pretty sure he sees that. Maybe adding clones was him trying to throw a bone (Duck Hunt Dog) at the melee community.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
All-Star mode is kinda slaying me with this order of year sequence each character debuted. I'm assuming Greninja will be fought last?
You would be very correct.

Well at least Roy fans will be happy. They've been asking for Roy. Don't you think Sakurai including Dr. Mario again is kind of like Sakurai making the game feel more like Melee? I mean its obvious that the community prefers melee and I'm pretty sure he sees that. Maybe adding clones was him trying to throw a bone (Duck Hunt Dog) at the melee community.
It's more like he's throwing them a rock unless Mewtwo is back as well.

Last edited:

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
It's a shame people are being blind and just saying "LOL ROSTER SUCKS FINAL GG"
Yep.. But that's the internet for ya, amiright? :rolleyes:

It's highly unlikely they'd change it after having it that way throughout the entire series.. why wouldn't that be the criteria anyway?
Actually, yes, the same leaker who disclosed the roster images and gameplay footage posted that picture on Reddit.

Plus, said leaker also directly acknowledged the fact that the roster isn't complete, confirming it.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I meant Roy Koopa for Bowser Jr
Or the Mii Fighters, perhaps? They were technically created before Greninja, but they were also just created for this game if ya get mah drift. That's if they're allowed in All-Star Mode.

Chompjil

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Chompjil
3DS FC
0387-8858-0021
I'm back after a long day and see a lot of news has popped up, did anyone mirror the leaks or is NOA doing eveything in their power to stop it

lavadeira

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1736-0917-9729

Wrong Roy. The Koopaling is supposingly a Alt for Jr., not the Swordsman. Though it would be hilarious to see the FE Character in the Clown Car. But unfortunately, no word on the Swordsman yet.
POTD: "Roy's back!" *opens post*

reaction

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'll give the current roster a 7/10.

I'm fine with Greninja. I know most people probably hate this idea, but the whole Pokemon thing needs an overhauling IMO. Pikachu is the mascot so he has a place but Jigglypuff should have been retired several games ago and Lucario should have been kicked to the curb for Mewtwo. I know that's a bit too much 'Gen 1' for some people, but these are the biggest names for a reason. I would love Darmanitan and Darkrai but don't actually expect it to happen.

Dr. Mario is straight up foolishness. This guy was cut from Melee for a reason and with custom moves there was plenty of reasons to make him an alt and give the clone spot to a lacking franchise who actually deserves it or try and retain a cut veteran. Bowser Jr. makes up for the eye-rolling inclusion of Nintendo forcing their latest attempt at a Disney princess down our throats.

Little Mac is great. I don't think I've seen a single person win with him in in-game play which is troubling, but I like him.

Lucina is whatever. Marth is a very boring character to use IMO so I doubt I will use her. But I'm psyched about Robin.

As an 80's baby, I'm elated to see Mega Man. Again, like Little Mac, I haven't seen him win a single round in tournaments I've watched so he might turn out to suck... but I'm still glad to have him. Unlike Pac-Man. This whole cartoonish sun monster looking thing is a complete cashgrab based around a popular name-brand but Pac-Man should have stayed back in the 80's with Centipede and Galaga.

Miis... I mean if it was just one moveset and we could just change the 'Mii' appearance I could stand it but 3 movesets for these faceless, interchangeable turds... no thanks.

Palutena and Emo Pit are obvious Sakurai Bias. Indifferent to Palutena, straight up annoyed with Edgy Pit.

Wii Fit Trainer is a ridiculous WTF pick that should not have gotten out of the planning stages; this was a joke that someone took too far. But I love Animal Crossing and am happy to see Villager.

Duck Hunt Dog... *sigh* too early to know. I hated Game and Watch at first but now I love him and he is my main. But R.O.B. is a generic, boring robot and I often times can't even remember that he's in the game. So the WTF retro reps are really hit or miss.

And Metroid.... I don't know, man. Sakurai hates you. Dark Samus would have been a perfect and simple clone. Ridley is one the most wanted and bad-ass characters. And there's Rundas, Kraid, Gandrayda, and several other choices that would be great. But Sakurai gives us Fan-Service Suit Samus instead (but it's a separate slot! So it counts as 'new'!).

He gives us so much in some ways and disappoints so much in others. This is Smash.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom