• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VhatDeHel

Smash Apprentice
As a Sonic fan, Metal Sonic alt would be AWESOME. I noticed though that there is no red or green color. I understand that now you can play team battles with outlines instead of being forced to wear the color, but if that means that the dev team wont be making red blue or green costumes for everyone, then I find that dumb. Imo colored outlines will be hard to see so I prefer the colors. I hope that maybe they just didnt make all the colors for the Metal Sonic alt, and not every character. I havent seen red or green alts for Sonic yet...

People on GameFaqs said that there is no franchise icon behind Metal Sonic...but there is and Sonic has a red icon behind him too. It's hard to see but it is in the same position as other characters icons from the 3DS gameplay we have seen at E3 and Comic Con.
Some people were implying that it might be a photoshop error and that it's a red blotch but it looks like a red blotch in GameXplain's video.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

First off, even though I'm a little disappointed in the roster, I'm definitely believing it more than not.

But Dr. Mario and Dark Pit kinda irk me. Lucina makes sense because she's not Marth and was already a popular choice for the roster. But why do Dr. Mario and Dark Pit get their own slots but not Dark Link, Metal Sonic, Alph, the Koopalings, etc.(if the rumors are true)?

And I love Melee veterans returning, but so help me if Dr. Mario returns but Mewtwo doesn't.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
Fake.
You don't believe that a guy that would intentionally post a youtube video trying to trick a bunch of Smash fans would **** up?
Just in case someone is actually dumb enough to take this statement seriously, THINK about what that means. That means someone "accidentally" edited the image and swapped player 4 and 3. If it were fake, you'd think he'd just edit over a real screen?

He did not just screw up. It's either fake and he intended to switch 4 and 3 to screw with us, or it's real and we don't know it's like that. The idea that it's an accident is one of the stupidest "it's fake" arguments I've seen in this entire thread. And I'm documenting all the arguments.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
First off, even though I'm a little disappointed in the roster, I'm definitely believing it more than not.

But Dr. Mario and Dark Pit kinda irk me. Lucina makes sense because she's not Marth and was already a popular choice for the roster. But why do Dr. Mario and Dark Pit get their own slots but not Dark Link, Metal Sonic, Alph, the Koopalings, etc.(if the rumors are true)?

And I love Melee veterans returning, but so help me if Dr. Mario returns but Mewtwo doesn't.
My theory is they just didn't have time to finish a few characters in the time remaining and decided to fill out the roster with easy to make clones. And maybe they can finish the others like the ICs in post-game DLC. Doc and Dark Pit share models with Mario/Pit so the workload is easier than like Toon Link and Wolf and etc.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master

It's not ogre yet, our brawl vets and mewtwo might be in yet as unlockables

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
My theory is they just didn't have time to finish a few characters in the time remaining and decided to fill out the roster with easy to make clones. And maybe they can finish the others like the ICs in post-game DLC.
So the 3 cut Nintendo veterans could've been replaced by Lucina, Dr. Mario, and Dark Pit to keep the roster full? Interesting...

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
That Metal Sonic stuff seems iffy. It doesn't really show any particular error, but the way he recorded it almost screams like he's trying to hide something. More of a gut feeling than anything. If it turns out true, I gotta say I'd rather had Shadow or Classic Sonic as the alt costume.

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
Just in case someone is actually dumb enough to take this statement seriously, THINK about what that means. That means someone "accidentally" edited the image and swapped player 4 and 3. If it were fake, you'd think he'd just edit over a real screen?

He did not just screw up. It's either fake and he intended to switch 4 and 3 to screw with us, or it's real and we don't know it's like that. The idea that it's an accident is one of the stupidest "it's fake" arguments I've seen in this entire thread. And I'm documenting all the arguments.
I'll backtrack on my immediate dismissal of it. It could be real. That said, your opinion on mistakes is a silly one. People make stupid mistakes. It happens all the time and disconfirms many supposed leaks.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
I'll backtrack on my immediate dismissal of it. It could be real. That said, your opinion on mistakes is a silly one. People make stupid mistakes. It happens all the time and disconfirms many supposed leaks.
But if they were modifying another image it would take work to switch the columns, you'd be aware you were doing it.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
The 3DS version and the Wii U version share the same costumes and alternate costumes. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Wii U version doesn't use outlines for team battles, and uses the Red, Green, and Blue colors, so it wouldn't make much sense, unless you can't use the Metal Sonic alts in team battles.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
I respect you for admitting you could be wrong, so I'm going to immediately apologize for being so harsh on you.

I totally agree mistakes happen all the time. Really dumb ones, absolutely. And we use dumb mistakes to find fakes. No argument. However, moving entire columns around really doesn't happen by accident You have to aware that you are doing that. It's just not a possible thing to make a mistake on.

It could still be fake, and if it is, the columns are wrong because the faker was trying to trick us.

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice
I believe I have a guess as to when we will get the next character trailer, either at pax, or an announcement for Mewtwo at the announcement for the new pokemon game.

Pizzanigs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pizzanigs
I believe I have a guess as to when we will get the next character trailer, either at pax, or an announcement for Mewtwo at the announcement for the new pokemon game.
What announcement? Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire were already announced. I doubt we're getting a new Pokemon game announcement before Smash comes out, lol.

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice
What announcement? Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire were already announced. I doubt we're getting a new Pokemon game announcement before Smash comes out, lol.
There is an announcement for what will most likely be a spinoff game next week.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If you look up screens from gamescom all of the text looks the same as the NA versions. You can also see it in the special edition 3DS promo.
Gamescom had the same demo as E3.

All screenshots on the European sites are taken from the NA version and the site has a notice about how things may change from the NA version to the EU version.

The 3DS version and the Wii U version share the same costumes and alternate costumes. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Wii U version doesn't use outlines for team battles, and uses the Red, Green, and Blue colors, so it wouldn't make much sense, unless you can't use the Metal Sonic alts in team battles.
There hasn't been any confirmation the Wii U version uses colors for Team Battles.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
The Pikachu Detective Game/Pokken Fighters. An announcement confirmed for next week.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
As a Sonic fan, Metal Sonic alt would be AWESOME. I noticed though that there is no red or green color. I understand that now you can play team battles with outlines instead of being forced to wear the color, but if that means that the dev team wont be making red blue or green costumes for everyone, then I find that dumb. Imo colored outlines will be hard to see so I prefer the colors. I hope that maybe they just didnt make all the colors for the Metal Sonic alt, and not every character. I havent seen red or green alts for Sonic yet...
Metal Is a Trophy :p

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
There is an announcement for what will most likely be a spinoff game next week.
Hopefully it's that rumored fighting game! I don't necessarily expect a smash announcement, however. Seeing as Jiggs is always unlockable. it probably wouldn't be her. Mewtwo isn't on the leaked roster, so if he is in the game he is probably super secret, so he wouldn't be there either. Who knows, Sakurai does like to throw curveballs...

VhatDeHel

Smash Apprentice
I don't see how this could be insulting to have Metal Sonic as an alt. In fact, I think it's more like fanservice. Unlike some other characters, Sonic doesn't really have anything he could use as an alternate costume. Classic Sonic has different proportions, Sonic Boom is too recent, he DOES have the weird racer outfit from Sonic Adventure 2, and maybe something like Sonic Riders gear but I dunno if those would be too popular.......Metal Sonic, on the other hand, has been a skin for Sonic before in games like Sonic Adventure DX. Not only that, but he is a fan favorite character, he's not already an AT like Shadow, and since it's lucky we even HAVE a third party character like Sonic in the game, it's very unlikely we'd get another rep. Having Metal Sonic as an alt is awesome. Plus, it's like Bowser Jr. potentially having the Koopalings as alts, and I thought I saw people thinking that was cool (if not hard to do) from what I recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom