• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
palutena is not the same case
You are making literally NO sense. Why would a character get cut because he's predictable? Little Mac, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Miis, and Palutena were all pretty predictable, and they weren't cut. Faulty logic. Unless you want to explain it better, of course.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Well loads of fake leaks, billions of hope, remember what he did us with Chrom, or Mewtwo tease, it will be the same. We're not getting Shulk, that's not just a band of people, that's almost everyone.
Thing is that by this game's announcement most people ranked Shulk's chances at around the 40% range, it's only because of leaks that people have come to expect him, and don't tell me they're going to delete him because people suddenly expect him, that's throwing a lot of money out the window just because.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
My message to the leaker(s): "Secrets don't make friends!"

They obviously could tell us something more.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I'll be extremely disappointed if they cut Ice Climbers as a result of the 3DS' limitations. If that's the case, they had better add them back on the WiiU.

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
I can't wait for this to be real and everyone will be like "oh my we were nitpicking at such small details lolol." and "wow oh my worst roster ever I can't believe Sakurai would do this to us."

OR I can't wait it to be fake and have everyone say "oh wow I can't believe we fell for such a dumb fake" and "I knew the roster could never be that bad."

I find this so enjoyable! I still vote real (and love this roster, and more characters would be even better) but only time will tell.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Thing is that by this game's announcement most people ranked Shulk's chances at around the 40% range, it's only because of leaks that people have come to expect him, and don't tell me they're going to delete him because people suddenly expect him, that's throwing a lot of money out the window just because.
Pretty much. I don't believe any leak including the crapshoot called Gemastu but Shulk had a chance LONG before anything surface. If you want a character that was wanted because a surfaced leak, see those Chorus Kids/Men/Bros whatever their names are

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
You are making literally NO sense. Why would a character get cut because he's predictable? Little Mac, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Miis, and Palutena were all pretty predictable, and they weren't cut. Faulty logic. Unless you want to explain it better, of course.
Well that's not the case but i feel like Sakurai was mad at all that Gematsu stuff and he proved us wrong with that fighter trailer, remember Chrom was shown also Robin very similar to Shulk? I think that was all well thought and made to surprise a mass amount of people believed in very popular leak Gematsu. I think Gematsu was real until the very end, because it was pretty accurate, i'm not one of those Gematsu fanboys, but still, i don't think Mii Fighters or Pac-man were predictable, also how is Mega Man predictable? People wanted Mega Man since melee i think and we didn't get it until SSB4. So i think just because Sakurai wants to surprise people always, he may put different characters as unlockables of course, but we won't get very predictable characters for now, like Shulk. I would like to hear your opinion now :)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Pretty much. I don't believe any leak including the crapshoot called Gemastu but Shulk had a chance LONG before anything surface. If you want a character that was wanted because a surfaced leak, see those Chorus Kids/Men/Bros whatever their names are
Shulk wasn't considered to be that likely in general though, people considered him to be around as likely as Isaac which wasn't all that comforting, no one were that certain on his inclusion until Gematsu hoarded him in, and now this leak. Leaks do make people bandwagon on characters too, while Shulk was decently popular before no way his thread would ever have surpassed K. Rool's in post count if not for being in leaks. Same thing goes for Palutena, before the leak she was basically the "more expected than wanted" character for this game, but as soon as the leak popped up she suddenly gained a lot of fans.

Last edited:

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
It's certainly true - most people who want certain characters haven't even played their games (I'm guilty of this too).

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
Double Post
I understand, i was saying that because it's pretty much the same, everyone just assumes that game and watch is in, but he's not confirmed, like shulk, so they have a similar issue.
oh i understand ^^

oh i see, okay thanks for your opinion

Last edited by a moderator:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
They can't; It contradicts the promise that they would have the same roster.
Not really, that would mean that the DLC is for 3DS only and the Wii U Version will have the full 100% roster.

The 3DS is the one having the limitations that you guys are whining about, why should the Wii U version be gimped because of it?

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
You do realize that they can make Popo run at 60 FPS and Nana at 30 right?

I mean it's not intierely impossible since Nana lags and it would be a way to balance them from their chain grabs.

Plus I'm still on the fake side and will forever be on it because Dark Pit and Bowser Jr are major, MAJOR red flags and especially the placement of the clones and how horrible looking Wario and Ganondorf's models are.
How is Dark Pit a "red flag" when he was teased as "crashing the party" in Palutena's trailer?

Never discount a leak based on characters included if they're even remotely plausible.

That would no be fair for the people only getting the 3DS game.
And having a two-time veteran cut because of 3DS limitations isn't fair to WiiU owners.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Wasn't he the #1 most wanted newcomer, thus contradicting his point?
Yeah, Mega Man easily hoarded that title to himself, and his inclusion wasn't even all that surprising given how Capcom had already said they'd like him in Smash. Heck, even Sakurai said a Capcom character was a possibility.

Last edited:

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
Not really, that would mean that the DLC is for 3DS only and the Wii U Version will have the full 100% roster.

The 3DS is the one having the limitations that you guys are whining about, why should the Wii U version be gimped because of it?
i really wish 3ds and wii u versions didn't have to be the same except modes and stages, because it limits wii u a lot, right?

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
i really wish 3ds and wii u versions didn't have to be the same except modes and stages, because it limits wii u a lot, right?
Not a lot, it's not like we'd have 70 characters on the Wii U version without the 3DS version.

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
Not a lot, it's not like we'd have 70 characters on the Wii U version without the 3DS version.
no not that, but for example, ice climbers were cut because of it, i'm not saying i'm a big fan of them, but still :/

SonicMario

Smash Master
i don't think Mii Fighters or Pac-man were predictable
Uh, both were in some way. The Miis have been seeing use by Nintendo for a long time and the Top 3 best selling games on the Wii just happened to be games where the Miis are the stars (Wii Sports, Wii Play, and Wii Fit). Wii Fit Trainer and Villager also were huge clues that the Miis were happening (Wii Fit Trainer doesn't make as much sense (Or even less sense anyway) if the Miis aren't included as well, and Villager sets a precedent that a character representative can be the player's avatar in a video game can be made playable)

As for Pac-Man, I think Namco being hugely involved with Development was basically the catalyst for Pac-Man's appearence.

8BitBlackMage

Smash Cadet
Yeah, Mega Man easily hoarded that title to himself, and his inclusion wasn't even all that surprising given how Capcom had already said they'd like him in Smash. Heck, even Sakurai said a Capcom character was a possibility.
yeah, but i never expected TWOOO... i mean i really did see pac-man coming... and mega man...

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Someone did throw out an option a while back about releasing a 3ds update with finished characters for the missing ones that are on the wii u... but that wont happen... probably.
That's very strange and would be unpopular. Who wants an unfinished game?

8BitBlackMage

Smash Cadet
hey man, i didn't come up with the idea, i was just bringing it back, and if you view the extra characters that were unbalanced as DLC then it's not unfinished, it's like saying banjo kazooie is unfinished because they decided to remove that glitter gultch mine stage and put in the the second game... well not really but it wont happen anyways, so back to the main topic.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
How is Dark Pit a "red flag" when he was teased as "crashing the party" in Palutena's trailer?

Never discount a leak based on characters included if they're even remotely plausible.
I never said that. Heck, he can crash the party,as Pit's alternate skin which all the signs are showing. Lucina doesn't always justify his reason for being playable

he was, but shulk is not #1 most wanted newcomer, he is #1 most expected, that's what bothers Sakurai so much, only in my opinion...
Wasn't that Chrom?

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
Agreed. I'm fine with some DLC down the road, but don't give me an unfinished game. Sakurai and his teams have a talent for delivering high-quality, polished products even when it comes down to the wire. I have faith!

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I'll be mad if the Ice Climbers were cut due to difficulties implementing them. Just gives further proof that the 3DS version shouldn't even exist if they were trying to make the rosters the same across both. X.x

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
I'll be mad if the Ice Climbers were cut due to difficulties implementing them. Just gives further proof that the 3DS version shouldn't even exist if they were trying to make the rosters the same across both. X.x
Yeah thanks... I'm telling the same

8BitBlackMage

Smash Cadet
Agreed. I'm fine with some DLC down the road, but don't give me an unfinished game. Sakurai and his teams have a talent for delivering high-quality, polished products even when it comes down to the wire. I have faith!
I feel like they could definitely get away with not having ice climbers in the game at release, and once all the wrinkles are ironed out putting them out there as DLC IF THEY DID DLC, i'm not saying it's a good idea, and i'd personally rather they delay the game until it gets fixed, because you're right, who wants an unfinished game. ( you know, other than all those early access games on steam) but it's really up to them what they do, i know i'll love the game anyways, so i'm fine with the choice they make

ikemachine

Smash Apprentice
Ice climbers would not be hard to do on 3ds cosidering rosalina and luma are a team character and it seems they figured out what to do with olimar. It wouldng make sense for sakurai to say "oh ice climbers are too hard to do as a character, but let make another team character instead" also duck hunt dog TEAMS with the duck in the "leaked" picture. It doesnt make sense. Ice climbers had a completely unique moveset and to bring back dr. Mario and add dark pit. I understand that the people that believe the leak are trying to think of reasonable reasons for the ice climbers to be gone but so far there hasnt been a good one. I can almost see why for the other cut characters but ice climbers doesnt make sense to me.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Ice climbers would not be hard to do on 3ds cosidering rosalina and luma are a team character and it seems they figured out what to do with olimar. It wouldng make sense for sakurai to say "oh ice climbers are too hard to do as a character, but let make another team character instead" also duck hunt dog TEAMS with the duck in the "leaked" picture. It doesnt make sense. Ice climbers had a completely unique moveset and to bring back dr. Mario and add dark pit. I understand that the people that believe the leak are trying to think of reasonable reasons for the ice climbers to be gone but so far there hasnt been a good one. I can almost see why for the other cut characters but ice climbers doesnt make sense to me.
Well, Olimar is one character space. In the data, Nana and Popo are separate. They are much more complicated than one thinks.

ikemachine

Smash Apprentice
Well, Olimar is one character space. In the data, Nana and Popo are separate. They are much more complicated than one thinks.
They had to change olimars pikman amount because if everyone picked olimar there would be too many pikman and characters on the screen and this doesnt explain why he would have duck hunt dog and duck and rosalina and luma as team characters but not ice climbers, doesnt make sense

D

Deleted member

They had to change olimars pikman amount because if everyone picked olimar there would be too many pikman and characters on the screen and this doesnt explain why he would have duck hunt dog and duck and rosalina and luma as team characters but not ice climbers, doesnt make sense
They changed Olimar's Pikmin count so you had to pay attention to your Pikmin and play with more strategy

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
While Ice Climbers have a bit more history under their belt, no one thought Mewtwo would be cut from Brawl, yet here we are. Sure it disappointed some fans, but Brawl still sold 12 million copies. IC would probably have a few more disappointed fans, but I see no reason to believe the disappointment would be that much greater then Mewtwo.

In short people no doubt argued, "I just don't think Sakurai would put in clones like Toon Link and Falco over an original character like Mewtwo. It would disappoint fans," but it happened. That said the Doc is way more cloney then those examples, but I think that comes from the clone backlash that caused Brawl to have no true clones. I think Sakurai has since learned that people don't really know what they want. Sure they complain when they see a clone, but only because for some reason they seem to think the alternative is some fully fleshed out character instead of no one at all.

He hasn't said so, but I bet that same psychological phenomena is why he isn't sure about doing DLC (or at least last we heard officially he was). No doubt the moment they make any people will cry unfair, despite the alternative being a world were those characters, game modes, stages, or costumes simply don't exist.

That said, this leak could still easily be fake, and we get Ice Climbers! Just prepare yourself. Picture leaks near release have a far greater probability of being real. Since this isn't a zero probability and smash has a tendency to disappoint diehard fans with the roster (whether this is an issue with our expectations or with Sakurai is a topic I dont want to touch, but the disappointment itself is irrefutable), we should prepare ourselves.

sillyjeff

Smash Rookie
NNID
sillyjeff
I wasn't feeling the roster too much, but now that I've warmed up to it I'm more hyped than ever! I also think that it's real and I can not wait to main me some Shulk. Just bought Xenoblade Chronicles off of Ebay today to further build my hype! <3
Just so you're aware, Xenoblade Chronicles is around 70 hours of playtime if you go easy on the side quests. If you do all of the side quests, you'll be playing that game for a very very long time.

So that I'm on topic for this thread though, I gotta say that I'm not 100% convinced that this leak is real. Something about it feels...off to me. However, no definitive proof can be given one way or another right now. POTD or a character trailer soon should tell us if this is real or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom