• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trogdorbad

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trogdorbad
Well, technically no, only OTHER M RIDLEY is "confirmed" as a stage boss. There may be other iterations of Ridley that may be playable. Ocarina Ganondorf was playable in melee but the Twilight princes Ganondorf was playable in brawl. The Ridley in the melee opening may be the one being playable, or even the one from a different metroid game. And before you say I'm a fanboy, I'm not, I jut simply feel Ridley is viable to be playable in smash
The thing is, those Ganondorfs don't interact. It wasn't Ocarina vs TP. Besudes, every character has been updated to match their newest appearance in a main-series game. Why would Ridley as a playable character be any different? Other M Samus, combination TP/SS Link, cartoony Bowser, Wii Little Mac, Lost World sanic, etc etc. Ridley would be Other M Ridley with some of his other forms as alternate skins. There's no reason he'd be an older model while Sammy was brand spanking new. Don't say Hyrupe Warriors designs, either - we would likely have seen those on Link and Zelda if they were in, but they likely aren't due to it being a spinoff.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
10 more days till this speculation comes to a halt. I'm really excited! The All-Star mode, the Ridley debacle, the clones...It all ends soon...

DairunCates

Smash Journeyman
Don't say Hyrupe Warriors designs, either - we would likely have seen those on Link and Zelda if they were in, but they likely aren't due to it being a spinoff.
For the record, it's probably more likely that the discrepancy here is due to Hyrule Warriors starting development AFTER Smash 4 and Link and Zelda likely being 2 of the first characters completed, not necessarily the "non-canon" thing.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Well, technically no, only OTHER M RIDLEY is "confirmed" as a stage boss. There may be other iterations of Ridley that may be playable. Ocarina Ganondorf was playable in melee but the Twilight princes Ganondorf was playable in brawl. The Ridley in the melee opening may be the one being playable, or even the one from a different metroid game. And before you say I'm a fanboy, I'm not, I jut simply feel Ridley is viable to be playable in smash
I really can't see two Ridley's at once, btw I think Other M Ridley would work better than Super Metroid Ridley:

1. Samus and ZSS are in their Other M designs, which would make it weird for Ridley if he wasn't.
2. Proportions to Other M Ridley makes more sense, put it in this way: How the heck is Super Metriod Ridley going to eat with that neck if they shrink him down, but with Other M Ridley his proportions can almost be in any size with out any disabilities to his character.
3. (my opinion) Other m Ridley looks badass.

D

Deleted member

It's mainly just trying to get hyped up for POTD's, think most realize all the people who say there's gonna be reveal this night, or wario friday or whatever are clearly lying.
This is exactly it. I fully expected to see a trophy of a 1-UP Mushroom or something equally as disappointing. It was still fun to hype it up and hope for something more, and seeing the color reveal at the end of the night wasn't as big of a disappointment as I thought it would be.

Trogdorbad

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trogdorbad
For the record, it's probably more likely that the discrepancy here is due to Hyrule Warriors starting development AFTER Smash 4 and Link and Zelda likely being 2 of the first characters completed, not necessarily the "non-canon" thing.
Ah, yeah, good point. I was getting hasty a didn't think about that. The other thing to point out, since I didn't phrase it well, is that Link and Zelda wouldn't be updated to their SS designs for a simple reason: Ganondorf wasn't in SS. The three come as a set, so their designs would all logically be based on their last appearance together.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord

Now tell me, which one can eat a blueberry without choking, and which one looks better in general when small.
edit: i would like an explanation, and also they're standing on my post

Last edited:

SANCHOCO

Smash Apprentice
I can see the trailer now; opens up with a black screen and the announcer going "This game's winner is... ROY!"

But yeah, added credence to Ninka's original leak (not that it needed more). Still no indication on the possibility of extra characters, though.
If that happened, the roy(fire emblem) that people wanted would riot. lol XD

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
Super metroid Ridley is best Ridley. Also how does the ability to eat grapes affect a character? By that standard 90% of the roster is gone because they lack necks.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

Now tell me, which one can eat a blueberry without choking, and which one looks better in general when small.
Now I can't get the image of a tiny as hell Ridley chirping in a birds nest while you tauntingly dangle a blueberry above it like a mother bird out of my head.

Last edited:

rayman33

Smash Cadet
NNID
raymondthemaster
3DS FC
0344-9399-1573
I really can't see two Ridley's at once, btw I think Other M Ridley would work better than Super Metroid Ridley:

1. Samus and ZSS are in their Other M designs, which would make it weird for Ridley if he wasn't.
2. Proportions to Other M Ridley makes more sense, put it in this way: How the heck is Super Metriod Ridley going to eat with that neck if they shrink him down, but with Other M Ridley his proportions can almost be in any size with out any disabilities to his character.
3. (my opinion) Other m Ridley looks badass.
I agree that other m ridley looks badass, but nobody is really considering how a dragons going to eat in a fighting game. aslo how about instead of two ridleys at once, sakurai does the alfonso trick and instead of ridley when fighting its kraid or crocomire or something. I haven't played other m so idk about it that much
Why not fusion ridley? *Trollface*
Not gonna lie I was considering putting him in the post

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Super metroid Ridley is best Ridley. Also how does the ability to eat grapes affect a character? By that standard 90% of the roster is gone because they lack necks.
Its not the character itself but his neck is so small same goes with his other features to shrink him, Smash Bros. may not be well in size but you have to have some logic. Ridley neck is too small in Super Metroid and going forward to untill Other M, its about proportion and traits, not what makes him cooler. Its like having two dogs for hunting and you pick the one you like only because you like it, even if the other one is better at hunting, and is well fit.
And plus, if he's is playable Other M is the design they are going to use.

Zango

Smash Apprentice
Tomorrow's pic of the day:

"When Ridley joins the fight, Alfonzo is the Pyrosphere stage boss!

Alfonzo: 'Leave it to me!'"

rayman33

Smash Cadet
NNID
raymondthemaster
3DS FC
0344-9399-1573

I would say that other m looks cooler but super Metroid would look better small, he's all skin and bones where as other m is bulky as hell. I feel it would be better to use super Metroid too, since I feel sakurai knows many people disliked other m :/

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
Other M Ridley is an atrocious, indignant design. It's like the holocaust and Barney had a baby.

I'd rather have no Ridley at all than get Other M Ridley.

(Edit: Double post. Sorry.)

Last edited:

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
Alrighty, so I guess this will be another day without any leaks. Unless someone posts either the Toad Picture, the picture with incorrect math, the blurry final roster, and that dumb Bu Bu Land image. -.-

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Other M Ridley is an atrocious, indignant design. It's like the holocaust and Barney had a baby.

Just giving my quick two cents on this, but I have to disagree. After years of wanting, campaigning, and arguing for the character, I don't really care which of the draconic designs they go with for the character, I just want the character playable. At the end of the day, it's still the same purple dragon that torments Samus on a weekly basis, it's still the same character that many wanted for years and would be ecstatic to see playable, and that doesn't change because he decided to bulk himself up. So to me, I'd much rather have him in his Other M design then not at all.

Plus, just like with Samus and Zero Suit Samus, there's always the possibility that Sakurai will update his design to make him more appealing.

Last edited:

Knife Myths

Smash Journeyman
Just giving my quick two cents on this, but I have to disagree. After years of wanting, campaigning, and arguing for the character, I don't really care which of the draconic designs they go with for the character, I just want the character playable. At the end of the day, it's still the same purple dragon that torments Samus on a weekly basis, it's still the same character that many wanted for years and would be ecstatic to see playable, and that doesn't change because he decided to bulk himself up. So to me, I'd much rather have him in his Other M design then not at all.

Plus, just like with Samus and Zero Suit Samus, there's always the possibility that Sakurai will update his design to make him more appealing.
So what you're saying is Ridley will get high heels.

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
Also I have no idea if one of the Villagers custom was intended to look like Ness' shirt but maybe it was hinting we might see a Ness reveal soon?

Last edited:

Trogdorbad

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trogdorbad
I would say that other m looks cooler but super Metroid would look better small, he's all skin and bones where as other m is bulky as hell. I feel it would be better to use super Metroid too, since I feel sakurai knows many people disliked other m :/

The problem both of you would have with that is, going by everyone else on the roster, Ridley WOULD use his Other M design, seeing as Sammy is her Other M design (for the suit, and just based on it for ZSS), and basically everyone else is using a design based on their latest appearance. The exceptions are Link and Zelda, seeing as Ganondorf and Sheik weren't in Skyward Sword, so having SS Link/Zelda alongside TP Ganondorf and Sheik wouldn't make sense. Which then begs the question of what design Impa would have. She wasn't in TP, though her SS design wouldn't be out of place among them, to me.

So what you're saying is Ridley will get high heels.
Hey man, a space dragon's gotta feel pretty sometimes, y'know?

Also I have no idea if one of the Villagers custom was intended to look like Nesses shirt but maybe it was hinting we might see a Ness reveal soon?
Yeah, I caught that too. It's clearly just an AC shirt, but the timing is pretty suspicious.

also you mean Ness' not Nesses
Nesses is plural, Ness' is possessive

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

If he's gonna be playable he'll be in his Other M design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom