• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Depending on her mother, she can be a mage. It'd still completely ignore the fact that Smash is based on defaults, though. Also, Chrom is the third main character, not Lucina. Lucina is pretty much the first character designed for the game, and is IS's favorite character. Robin was the second character designed. No idea when Chrom was designed, it may have been quite a bit later into character development that he was made, but he wasn't before Lucina or Robin.

As far as plot goes, Robin is the protagonist, Lucina the deuteragonist, and Chrom is the MacGuffin.
Chrom is the main lord and is the leader, along with that, the first part of the game focuses mostly on Chrom's conflict with Gangrel and his preparations for war. The second part focuses on Chrom's friendship with Robin among a ton of other things. Lucina's arcs are more about her being Marth and then about her trying to stop the future. In every scene that Lucina appears, Chrom will appear as well, in fact he has the most cutscenes in the game both animated and simple. He's so important that to kill the final boss you have to kill him with only Chrom OR Robin. No one else and Chrom is required for every single mission(the first time around). Not even Robin is required for every single mission.
He is not the MacGuffin, the main protagonist role is very much evenly split between Chrom and Robin. Just because Chrom is boring does not mean he isn't important to the plot. Take it from me, I've no lifed the crap out of this game to get every support.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well... they could do what they did with Robin and Lucina last month after all is said and done. Weren't they announced to be revealed after a Japan only direct? I dunno I might be mixed up.
do you mean the live stream was announced in a direct and shown at a later time?

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Yes! If Fire Emblem can get 4 characters why not Donkey Kong dammit!
Considering that DK is a classical series that's been in Smash since Day 1, alongside Starfox which is likely losing a rep in Wolf (FE didn't start getting representation till Melee).

If they do get 4, it's going to be Dixie & King K. Rool (Tiny Kong might be a stretch, since she also starred in 1 of the Classic DKC series games (3 being her debut), but that depends on which version of Tiny they choose (more likely to be her teen self, since her child self could end up possibly cloning Dixie).

Last edited:

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
do you mean the live stream was announced in a direct and shown at a later time?
I meant like after they did a Japan only direct, Sakurai later announced on a Friday that he would reveal a newcomer the following Monday and he did. That's what I meant. I don't know if that's how it really went down though.

EDIT: Yes, Sakurai INDEED did this I checked the list of Directs and the Direct in question was a Japanese Nintendo 3DS direct.... JUST LIKE THIS ONE. It was also broadcasted on a Friday as well and was the same day Sakurai announced he would be revealing a newcomer, July 11th.

Last edited:

Crocovile

Smash Apprentice
IMO this roster is both the best And the worst roster in a Smash game so far. It's huge, and we get fan-favourites like Mega Man, Villager and Lil' Mac. But then we also get a truckload of clones, oversaturation of the Mario franchise and old favourites being removed.

No Ice Climbers is stupid, they're two-time veterans and clear fan-favourites. If you have trouble putting them in the game because of the way they work, you rework them so they can be in the game yet still remain true to previous appearances. System limitations seems to be the most likely explanation if they're actually gone (eight character models on-screen at the same time would hurt the framerate), so why not change how they work like making only one of the duo appear on-screen, and then rework the final smash to both ICs being on-screen (kinda like those one of Zero's special moves in TVC & MVC3, the one where he makes a shadow copy to extend his combos), because iceberg is awful in my opinion (takes up too much space on small stages and is useless on larger ones)

Dr. Mario returning as a separate character feels unnescessary, why couldn't he just be an alt. costume? (and why couldn't Mario get the Mario Tornado back? Nobody I know likes to use FLUDD, and Mario's been using spinning moves in both the New SMB series and the Galaxy games, FLUDD is old and stupid. I love using Mario in melee, but I hate what they did to him in Brawl)

Dark Pit is the worst though. Seriously, he's the ultimate clone (insert Shadow the hedgehog joke here. (actually I much prefer Shadow over Dark Pit, though he was best in SA2 where he didn't have all this stupid angst and amnesia the later games gave him)), he was simply a recolour that got popular enough to become his own character in the newest game (and even then hes just a darker and edgier version of Pit that wears black instead of white). Besides their colours, there's literally no physical differences between them. He should've just been kept as a recolour, just add some different voice clips and you're good to go, no sense in giving him his own separate spot on the roster. (plus the KI series only has three games. Biased much, Sakurai?)

Bowser jr. I don't really care about. Didn't want him, but he looks unique enough so I'll let it slide, but after him we don't need any other Mario characters for the rest of how-ever long SSB is going to continue, the franchise has enough of them as is. And don't try to call Yoshi or Wario or Donkey Kong their own separate franchises, because they're not. They're all sub-series existing in the larger Mario universe, don't try to deny it.

Duck Hunt Dog, didn't want him, won't use him, but whatever.

Shulk, same as DHD, I'm glad his fans get to be happy but personally I don't care for him (plus I find his name to sound stupid)

I don't see why Falco gets to stay wwhile Wolf is removed. Customizable B-moves should have removed the need for clones, but nooooo, more clones to pad out the roster. (I love using Wolf in Brawl, though I do think he could have had a bit more unique B-moves, and Landmaster as a final smash!? That was a total lazy move and a**pull on Sakuri's part. Man, I hope he at least has the decency to change Falco's in the new Smash games, he has no excuses for keeping the same ones this time)

Please don't let this be the final roster, I want my Space Dragon and psychic mutant darnit.

The Revolutionary Cafe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CafeRevolution
3DS FC
2766-9632-2051
Switch FC
5665-2697-0979
Dark Pit is the worst though. Seriously, he's the ultimate clone (insert Shadow the hedgehog joke here. He was simply a recolour that got popular enough to become his own character in the newest game (and even then hes just a darker and edgier version of Pit that wears black instead of white). Besides their colours, there's literally no physical differences between them. He should've just been kept as a recolour, just add some different voice clips and you're good to go, no sense in giving him his own separate spot on the roster. (plus the KI series only has three games. Biased much, Sakurai?)
Actually in regards to DP while he might come off as an "unoriginal recolor" he has the potential to be a pretty different character due to the MANY different types of weapons in KIU he could play very differently from Pit his "Luigi" if you will. (or they could laze out and make him what you are saying if that's the case your 100% entitled to this opinion)

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
People gotta calm down about the roster shaming. It looks mad unfinished. "Lets only put the third parties on the bottom, even though it looks super uneven with the second to last row. Oh, and let's shove Shulk next to them cause reasons! Sandwich him between them and the clones!" I'm convinced there's gonna five more characters to even things out, and I'm gonna guess it'll be Lucas, ICs, Wolf, Mewtwo, and a newcomer from the Wii/DS era, perhaps Rhythm Heaven. Course, that still randomly shoves Shulk between the third parties and the clones, not to mention how Yoshi is sandwiched by Mario characters despite still having his own emblem, so I guess I'm still a little confused on this CSS ordering regardless.

EDIT: Actually you know what? Screw it I don't understand the ordering at all. It seems like they were going with the release date method like Brawl Star mode, but G&W, Mac, and the NES retros are all in the wrong spots then. Coupled with the Yoshi and Shulk inconsistencies and I give up. I just want the game already.
EDIT2: I lied looking back the bottom two rows ARE evened out okay. And though previous screens have had had a general timeline trend there have been characters thrown on willy nilly. Yoshi and Shulk's placements still stick out like sore thumbs though.

Last edited:

Thessbmzocker

Smash Apprentice
And don't try to call Yoshi or Wario or Donkey Kong their own separate franchises, because they're not. They're all sub-series existing in the larger Mario universe, don't try to deny it.
If you go that way I can say that Mario doesn't even have his own universe. 'Cause his first appearance was in Donkey Kong. So Mario is part of the Donkey Kong Universe. Seems legit.

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
Not sure what you guys are talking about but...

I don't think it's fair to say immediateley that Ganny is a clone again.
Actually, I didn't call Ganondorf a clone, I just said he's the same as he's in Brawl. Clone or not, there is so much more than could be done with him. Casting magic or use the sword, even just for a few attacks and not as someone like Marth.

And yes, 4 Fire emblem characters is too much. Why is Ike back? I don't understand it.

I think the roster is amazing and it will probably be considered the best one yet. But I just can't accept the fact that we have Ike back, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Falco, Lucina, Dr. Mario, Duck Hunt Dog, Greninja, Toon Link, Dark pit OVER freaking Mewtwo and Ice Climbers! (if this is the case) All of those characters are definitely NOT worthy of a spot more than the two missing. (Only Jigglypuff is debatable due to her being in 64) There is NO excuse. Mewtwo and Ice Climbers should be a priority!

Ive been looking closely at the leak. Mr. Game & Watches arm covers Wario a little bit..
*facepalm*

And I would really like to see Krystal. It makes so much sense, more StarFox and female. The problem is Wolf and Falco. Maybe she will replace Wolf, wouldn't be smart but... I didn't want any clones at all in this game but, if we get the characters that SHOULD be in then ok. I just wanted Midna the most though... *goes to cry in a corner*

Last edited:

ChromTroop

Smash Cadet
IMO this roster is both the best And the worst roster in a Smash game so far. It's huge, and we get fan-favourites like Mega Man, Villager and Lil' Mac. But then we also get a truckload of clones, oversaturation of the Mario franchise and old favourites being removed.

No Ice Climbers is stupid, they're two-time veterans and clear fan-favourites. If you have trouble putting them in the game because of the way they work, you rework them so they can be in the game yet still remain true to previous appearances. System limitations seems to be the most likely explanation if they're actually gone (eight character models on-screen at the same time would hurt the framerate), so why not change how they work like making only one of the duo appear on-screen, and then rework the final smash to both ICs being on-screen (kinda like those one of Zero's special moves in TVC & MVC3, the one where he makes a shadow copy to extend his combos), because iceberg is awful in my opinion (takes up too much space on small stages and is useless on larger ones)

Dr. Mario returning as a separate character feels unnescessary, why couldn't he just be an alt. costume? (and why couldn't Mario get the Mario Tornado back? Nobody I know likes to use FLUDD, and Mario's been using spinning moves in both the New SMB series and the Galaxy games, FLUDD is old and stupid. I love using Mario in melee, but I hate what they did to him in Brawl)

Dark Pit is the worst though. Seriously, he's the ultimate clone (insert Shadow the hedgehog joke here. (actually I much prefer Shadow over Dark Pit, though he was best in SA2 where he didn't have all this stupid angst and amnesia the later games gave him)), he was simply a recolour that got popular enough to become his own character in the newest game (and even then hes just a darker and edgier version of Pit that wears black instead of white). Besides their colours, there's literally no physical differences between them. He should've just been kept as a recolour, just add some different voice clips and you're good to go, no sense in giving him his own separate spot on the roster. (plus the KI series only has three games. Biased much, Sakurai?)

Bowser jr. I don't really care about. Didn't want him, but he looks unique enough so I'll let it slide, but after him we don't need any other Mario characters for the rest of how-ever long SSB is going to continue, the franchise has enough of them as is. And don't try to call Yoshi or Wario or Donkey Kong their own separate franchises, because they're not. They're all sub-series existing in the larger Mario universe, don't try to deny it.

Duck Hunt Dog, didn't want him, won't use him, but whatever.

Shulk, same as DHD, I'm glad his fans get to be happy but personally I don't care for him (plus I find his name to sound stupid)

I don't see why Falco gets to stay wwhile Wolf is removed. Customizable B-moves should have removed the need for clones, but nooooo, more clones to pad out the roster. (I love using Wolf in Brawl, though I do think he could have had a bit more unique B-moves, and Landmaster as a final smash!? That was a total lazy move and a**pull on Sakuri's part. Man, I hope he at least has the decency to change Falco's in the new Smash games, he has no excuses for keeping the same ones this time)

Please don't let this be the final roster, I want my Space Dragon and psychic mutant darnit.
Smh.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Why are people complaining about Dr Mario?

This is one of the ways Sakurai was willing to listen to fans.
He was trying to appeal to all those hooligans who wanted Melee back.
Ya know who was popular in Melee?
Roy, and Dr Mario.
Well, here ya go, have Lucina and Dr Mario.

Why this isn't seen as good news for Mewtwo, I don't know.
I guess because this forum just likes to freak out.
Chill on your emotions, forum.

Last edited:

Daltronite

Smash Cadet
NNID
DaltzX
People should understand how popular FE is in Japan, its no wonder it has 4 reps. Plus awakening is like one of the best 3DS games out there

lltacx

Smash Journeyman
Roy, and Dr Mario.

The problem is that Dr. Mario is Mario with different clothes, they could give him the doctors clothes and customizable moves like the spin to makenhim feel more like his melee counterpart.

And i feel like replacing the fireballs with pills would not be to hard at all...

Last edited:

Sølid

Radio
3DS FC
4441-8453-4042
I hear a lot of people complaining about Dr. Mario and Dark Pit, and I have to ask, do people not remember what was said about Lucina? She was added late to pad out the finalized roster. Which means none of them are "stealing slots" for characters you wanted. We would have three less characters if they didn't do this. People should be more grateful, really.

The Revolutionary Cafe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CafeRevolution
3DS FC
2766-9632-2051
Switch FC
5665-2697-0979
The problem is that Dr. Mario is Mario with different clothes, they could give him the doctors clothes and customizable moves like the spin to makenhim feel more like his melee counterpart.

And i feel like replacing the fireballs with pills would not be to hard at all...
That's what they're supposedly doing which as Sakurai said at one point "Even the smallest changes means a new character slot" (or something along those lines) which now could be seen as hinting someone like Doc lol

lltacx

Smash Journeyman
That's what they're supposedly doing which as Sakurai said at one point "Even the smallest changes means a new character slot" (or something along those lines) which now could be seen as hinting someone like Doc lol
I understand the reasoning, but Lucina is a different character all together, Dr. Mario is still Mario... Don't misunderstand me, i still like him, but he would fit better as an alternate costume.

Roy, and Dr Mario.

Mewtwo is coming...I can feel it!

What's wrong with 4 FE reps? Expanding is always a good thing ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm not mad at Fire Emblem having 4 reps I'm looking forward to playing as Robin, I just think it's a little sad that DK currently has 2 reps when Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem who's franchise joined in Melee and Kid Icarus in Brawl get more characters than DK who has been around longer and has been in Smash since the beginning.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
I understand the reasoning, but Lucina is a different character all together, Dr. Mario is still Mario... Don't misunderstand me, i still like him, but he would fit better as an alternate costume.
Dr. Mario doenst shoot out Fireballs and never uses F.L.U.D.D.

lltacx

Smash Journeyman
They can replace fireballs with pills. Fludd can be replaced with an customizable moves. If you're going that way, i've never seen a Dr. Mario fight or shoot pills either, i can assume that aside of smash he never this a spin jump either...

Last edited:

The Revolutionary Cafe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CafeRevolution
3DS FC
2766-9632-2051
Switch FC
5665-2697-0979
Thinking about it it's pretty funny how Doc is a seperate character and the koopalings are supposed to be Jr.'s alternate "skins"

Peterawr

Smash Cadet
They could change Dr. Mario's moves a lot. There are options to make him different from Mario.
I doubt that will happen though, considering it looks like Ganondorf is still a falcon clone.

Whatevz. If that is the complete final roster, I'm pretty happy with it.
SO EXCITED FOR BOWSER JR. He looks so fun!

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Sheik and ZSS say hi. :)

Xiaphas

Smash Cadet
Honestly, the most upsetting parts of this roster are the parts we don't know yet.

Is Dark Pit a lame recolor clone, or a completely different play style?

Is Lucas/Wolf/etc. still locked?

The roster Nintendo has revealed so far will already make for a great game, and these additions only make it better. People need to stop complaining about unique characters like Bowser Jr, he looks like an awesome addition to the series and I am so excited to try him out. Chill

P.S. Anyone who still supports Ridley as a playable character, you're just delusional. Sakurai implied Ridley would be a stage boss in the Smash Direct, you're getting your hopes up for nothing.

Espio264

Smash Ace
Yeah, so imo that warrants a slot. Dark Pit seems so have the Dark Pit Staff, so maybe his A attacks and standard B are different.
Yeah, but Ganondorf's Melee art had a sword. And we all know how amazing that sword turned out. Deep down we all know that Dark Pit's not gonna be different enough to seperate him from Pit. It was a dumb inclusion. Roster padding be damned.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Side note: how do I find that leak forum here? I'm always going back to my invite, as my internet browser never remembers it. Is there an easier way to find it, as I know it is hidden

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, but Ganondorf's Melee art had a sword. And we all know how amazing that sword turned out. Deep down we all know that Dark Pit's not gonna be different enough to seperate him from Pit. It was a dumb inclusion. Roster padding be damned.
Well this game isn't Melee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom