• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Leaked Roster Surfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunnyBoy1337

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3265-5888-7478
Yeah, and that select screen was entirely different than this screen so it can't confirm it. Secondly, that was from a demo build so it cannot be used as proof to deconfirm it. You have proven nothing on either end my friend. The final character select screen remains unknown.
No, the 3DS version's character select screen and this one have the same layout.

BunnyBoy1337

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3265-5888-7478
Warning Received
Also, why are there five characters on the images that say, "Press Any Button"? I'm assuming that those screens are the battle start screens, but doesn't Super Smash Bros. support up to four players max?
It's probably the end of the intro. Normally, in past Smash Bros. games, it would show the logo, but I guess Sakurai wanted to change it up a little, or maybe the logo is on the other screen.

negasilver63

Smash Rookie
That picture is from a different leak. Simply because they both say shulk is in doesn't mean they are both the same leak.
lol well wouldn't that work against you saying it's fake because there's no battery onscreen (even though I couldn't find a place besides that where it would be fitting to have it onscreen), because that would mean two separate leaks show the same character art for Shulk and Ganondorf?

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
No, the 3DS version's character select screen and this one have the same layout.
And as I've already stated if you were paying attention, there is no proof of that. We have yet to see a proper screen shot or PotD with the character select screen. The only place I have seen this layout is on this leak. If you claim they are the same, you have to back it up with actual proof.

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
It's probably the end of the intro. Normally, in past Smash Bros. games, it would show the logo, but I guess Sakurai wanted to change it up a little, or maybe the logo is on the other screen.
Please stop double posting. You can quote multiple people in a single post so that you can respond to multiple people at once. Thanks.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I'm just gonna put these out, to represent how many people can photoshop, and to prove the Tomodachi stage thing doesn't mean it's real.

Attachments

Last edited:

AquaDork1

Smash Apprentice
Okay, so we're just waiting for trailers for:
Bowser Jr.
Duck Hunt
Shulk
Chorus Kids (when the dlc comes out)
Dark Pit...... Oh wait, they already snuck him into Palutena's trailer. So he could be revealed any of these days without the need of a video/direct. Unless he's kept as a secret unlockable, though.

Edit~
They can reveal the rest (Bowser Jr, Duck Hunt, and Shulk) anywhere from now until the Wii U version's western release if they wanted. Which will likely be December-January.

What I'm thinking:
Shulk: September (3ds Jpn release)
Bowser Jr: October (3ds Western release)
Duck Hunt: December (Wii U Jpn/West release)

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Is that roster pic supposed to be obviously fake and you just.. wanted to share it? Chrom is there... He's very disconfirmed.
That roster pic is fake since it has Chrom in it. Not to mention that it left out a lot of other characters and used the wrong artwork for some like Meta Knight.
I probably should've explained :p .
It was supposed to symbolize that, the roster post looked real. But now isn't.
And the Tomodachi Life thing was just to explain the Tomodachi life stage.

TheQuasiZillionaire

Smash Cadet
Ok, I'm really not going to read through all of this to see if these ideas have already been put out there, so forgive me if I'm beating a dead horse. I just found out about this, and want to put my thoughts down somewhere.

I think (and hope, and pray) that this is fake. Along with all the other stuff I've seen mentioned so far (roster discrepancies mostly), I have a couple of points. First, apparently ESRB staff don't play games they rate during the rating process. So, that seems to debunk a lot of it. Second - and this one I like a lot - Ness's shirt in the leak is inconsistent with past iterations. It would be strange for Nintendo to pay such close attention to that one detail for the past decade, then just forget about it now, when details can be so much more... well, detailed.

Finally, I noticed some wierd things about some of the images themselves, specifically about the ones that don't have any break between the top and bottom screens. This could be from a direct capture device, but if that is the case, why are they all skewed at random angles? A direct capture device would be like taking a screenshot. It looks to me like the leaker was trying to make it look more "leaky" by skewing the images a bit.

Also, if the leaker brought a direct capture device with him, don't you think he'd have been able to bring a better camera as well? Any smartphone takes way better pictures than that, and I find it unlikely that someone working in the games industry would own an old non-smart-phone.

Anyways, those are my thoughts. I hope at least some of them are original. Peace!

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Ok, I'm really not going to read through all of this to see if these ideas have already been put out there, so forgive me if I'm beating a dead horse. I just found out about this, and want to put my thoughts down somewhere.

I think (and hope, and pray) that this is fake. Along with all the other stuff I've seen mentioned so far (roster discrepancies mostly), I have a couple of points. First, apparently ESRB staff don't play games they rate during the rating process. So, that seems to debunk a lot of it. Second - and this one I like a lot - Ness's shirt in the leak is inconsistent with past iterations. It would be strange for Nintendo to pay such close attention to that one detail for the past decade, then just forget about it now, when details can be so much more... well, detailed.

Finally, I noticed some wierd things about some of the images themselves, specifically about the ones that don't have any break between the top and bottom screens. This could be from a direct capture device, but if that is the case, why are they all skewed at random angles? A direct capture device would be like taking a screenshot. It looks to me like the leaker was trying to make it look more "leaky" by skewing the images a bit.

Also, if the leaker brought a direct capture device with him, don't you think he'd have been able to bring a better camera as well? Any smartphone takes way better pictures than that, and I find it unlikely that someone working in the games industry would own an old non-smart-phone.

Anyways, those are my thoughts. I hope at least some of them are original. Peace!
The first two things you said have been done to death :p (But that's ok since you just came), but I don't think the last point was ever said.

Zeroknight9

Smash Cadet
lol well wouldn't that work against you saying it's fake because there's no battery onscreen (even though I couldn't find a place besides that where it would be fitting to have it onscreen), because that would mean two separate leaks show the same character art for Shulk and Ganondorf?
The screen showcasing multiple characters should still have it at the bottom

Mewter

Smash Master
I'm just gonna put these out, to represent how many people can photoshop, and to prove the Tomodachi stage thing doesn't mean it's real.
The leaked version has a clearly defined doorway just like the famitsu version and has the same hue of sky blue behind it. Your photoshop is lacking this?

It may be very well photoshopped but it seems more likely based on this that if it was then it is because the photoshopper had early access to the image. Or else it is likely real.

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
The leaked version has a clearly defined doorway just like the famitsu version and has the same hue of sky blue behind it. Your photoshop is lacking this?

It may be very well photoshopped but it seems more likely based on this that if it was then it is because the photoshopper had early access to the image. Or else it is likely real.
Not my photoshop (I don't even have photoshop :p ), it's some other guy's that he posted earlier in this thread.

CrimsonYoshi

Smash Apprentice
Almost definitely fake. Hope it's real, though, because I like that roster.
I just want my main man Dr. Mario back. Everyone else is irrelevant besides Yoshi. Fake or not, I hope the roster is gonna be this big. Although ever since my past mains are announced everyone else just feels like hype fodder, I like big rosters!

SmokeOut

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2406-5837-9935
Wouldn't mind playing as Bowser Jr., but Duck Hunt Dog seems kind of lame. Also, I don't think it necessary to have Doc on the roster since he was a clone to Mario and they could just give Mario a palette swap like Project M. I also thought Sakuri said he wasn't doing clones anymore? Overall, I do hope this is fake since I really only like 1 of those new characters and I would much rather Mewtwo come back then Doc.

Balmora

Smash Rookie

That last point you made is interesting. Clearly these pictures are not of the game on a physical 3DS because there is no separation between the screens (this can be seen really well on the last picture showing the stage selection menu). Something also seems off with the skewing and borders on a few of the screenshots as well.

For instance, take a look at the two images showing the "Press Any Button" screen. The second image with Dr. Mario shows that we are looking at the bottom screen, as you can see a little bit of the top screen above. However, on the first image with Shulk showing the same menu screen there are some inconsistencies. We can see at the bottom left corner that there is whitespace below the bottom screen, as opposed to the consistent black background that you can see in the image with Dr. Mario. There also appears to be the same issue above the screen, where there is also whitespace instead of seeing the top screen. Looking at the top left corner, it appears as if the black background is skewed at a diagonal angle. However, at the top right corner of the image you can see that the black and white backgrounds run parallel to each other. In the top middle it looks as if someone used an eraser or paint brush tool to even things out (and did a messy job at it).

Considering the source that this leak came from, it could be possible that the leaker added imperfections and false information mixed in. This would make this leak much more effective at trolling, as there are good reasons to argue both sides. While I am suspicious at some aspects of this leak, I am not certain on whether or not this is real. I have a feeling that when the next character is unveiled we'll have a much better idea on that.

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
"You guys can't seriously believe this roster leak, can you? It's a hilariously piss-poor set of pictures. Notice how the victory screen with Shulk is a team battle. That's a real easy way to get out of making the unique font for that screen. Not to mention, Bowser Jr.? Dr. Mario? That's SEVEN Mario reps. That's a wee bit ridiculous, don'tcha think? Not to mention that these off-cam pictures aren't from a 3DS... It's fake. Anyone can make something like this. Also, the gameplay screen is on a Brawl stage, and hacking Brawl for custom textures/models is hilariously easy." - Ted Wiesen, Brain Scratch Comms, 2014

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
I still think this leak could go either way. Here are my thoughts. Heres hoping for Duck Hunt Dog though!!

Newt Floss

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure why everyone is overanalyzing the menu layout. It could very easily be temporary if this was still a testing build.

If it is a fake then the inclusion of Duck Hunt Dog is a masterstroke. And the model looks beautiful. If not this time around, I pray we get to play as Duck Hunt Dog in a future sequel.

Chazman2000

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4940-6816-9641
The only reason i can find find for this being real is the fact that NO ONE will pick Dr. Mario over Mewtwo, Why is he down the bottom with Dark Pit and Lucina and no one has ever wanted R.O.B back, even if they did i haven`t seen him on any roster predictions. So only reason or reasons i guess... And yes i do know that Dr. Mario, Dark Pit and Lucina could be in a clone section, but it never happened in the past, why would they do that now?

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
If duck hunt dog walks around on two legs and carries his duck in a backpack (shout outs to banjo-kazooie) I will get behind this. Otherwise I really hope its fake.

Kirbybrawl

Smash Cadet
It's not like the Pokemon company desperately needs mewtwo in the game for Pokemon to gain popularity and sell very well because it already does that. Pokemon already has pikachu and charizard as announced characters for gen 1, lucario for gen 4 and greninja for gen 6 and at the same time, charizard and lucario have mega evolutions from gen 6 so why is mewtwo needed? Because it was promoted with gen 6? It could just very well be a completely different playable pokemon were missing. We already have a bunch of pokeball characters as well so it's not like the series lacks any kind acknowledgement in this game

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
I think it's funny that people think this is fake simply because a completely original newcomer from the previous title is included

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
I think it's funny that people think this is fake simply because a completely original newcomer from the previous title is included
Most people actually think it's fake because of all the obvious photoshop mistakes (one example is mr g&ws had is going into warios pic), and people have found the image warmup was taken from, and shills face lines up perfectly with previous image of little Mac.

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
Most people actually think it's fake because of all the obvious photoshop mistakes (one example is mr g&ws had is going into warios pic), and people have found the image warmup was taken from, and shills face lines up perfectly with previous image of little Mac.
Well yeah I know most think about that stuff, but there are a select few who are dead set on thinking R.O.B. is cut

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
The only reason i can find find for this being real is the fact that NO ONE will pick Dr. Mario over Mewtwo, Why is he down the bottom with Dark Pit and Lucina and no one has ever wanted R.O.B back, even if they did i haven`t seen him on any roster predictions. So only reason or reasons i guess... And yes i do know that Dr. Mario, Dark Pit and Lucina could be in a clone section, but it never happened in the past, why would they do that now?
A lot wanted ROB back.
A LOT. Don't think he wasn't wanted back just because most didn't want him here.

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
Both of those "mistakes" have been proven wrong

MrWatchMeGame

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kidd Micc
The lines separating each character from the next is "black" G&W hand is "black" his hand blends in with the line, also Wario's Jacket is dark blue but with a camera that seems like it only has 5 megapixels and taking a picture of a screenshot/picture the quality is undoubtedly going to be poor! As for Shulk he is 100% in the game! Check the Smash website the first composer Sakurai listed on there is Tomori Kudo from Xenoblade Chronicles....if thats not a hint what is?? Besides your only argument is his face lines up perfectly with Little Mac?? So does Mario's and Fox but I guess that's been confirmed too huh...The only flaw in all of this is Wario's eye! Its clearly missing a pupil! But I couldn't help but think this is a tester testing the game for bugs and flaws and Wario's eye was probably 1 of them that he/she have to point after testing the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom