• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Leaked Roster Surfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Shulk DHD are the really the only ones that adds more diversity to this roster.
Well, that's just flat-out wrong. They add diversity on top of what we've already seen. Be real, dude. The roster is already diverse; why are we forgetting about all the amazing characters we've already seen?

What, just because Mega Man was confirmed over a year ago, somehow he no longer counts? We're going to get to a point where there aren't new characters any more, and it's pretty much been reached. The roster can't go on forever.

Time to get a little perspective, don't you think?

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Omg no really. They did it in PM they can do it here it was just an alt costume with the pills edited in so yes they basically did the same thing but looked visually different.
You don't get it do you?
Thats Project M (more like Project Fanboy if you ask me.)
But not the real Nintendo.
Well, if your "beautifull" Project M has a costume, then, does the pill bounce like a fireball?

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
You don't get it do you?
Well, if your "beautifull" Project M has a costume, then, does the pill bounce like a fireball?
Wow you trying to come off as a jerk just because I play a game I like im a fanboy ok lol. The pills do bounce like fireballs and even look at Melee since you want an actual NINTENDO game then. Still barely any difference the pills had more hitstun but still really no difference he was stronger but slower than mario happy now.

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
Well, that's just flat-out wrong. They add diversity on top of what we've already seen. Be real, dude. The roster is already diverse; why are we forgetting about all the amazing characters we've already seen?

What, just because Mega Man was confirmed over a year ago, somehow he no longer counts? We're going to get to a point where there aren't new characters any more, and it's pretty much been reached. The roster can't go on forever.

Time to get a little perspective, don't you think?
I was mostly talking about this leak not characters that have already been revealed I thought thats what this thread discussion was for.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
You don't get it do you?
What they mean is that if they can do it in Project M, which can only do what Super Smash Bros. Brawl is capable of doing, then they can do it in the official thing as well even more easily. In fact, the Project M team even stated that Mario's Fireball was special in that it was the only attack in Brawl that allowed for the sound effect to change, changing the 'put' sound effect of the Fireballs for the sound effect of the MegaVitamins.
In fact, the Dr. Mario listed in Brawl's code may have been meant to actually be a costume for Mario for this reason alone. Its a little known fact that although Overalls Wario is just a costume change, its still listed in the code the exact same way a separate character is, so the possibility for Dr. Mario to have originally been a costume in Brawl still remains.

In order for the costume to be a costume and not effect gameplay, yes, the MegaVitamin functions exactly like the Fireball..not that the MegaVitamin acted that differently from the Fireball in Melee to begin with.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Don't know if anyone has seen this but I think this link deconfirms the leak
The only problem is that image seemed to appear after the leak, no one seems to be able to pinpoint where it originated from, so it may have been created from the leak to discredit it.

Until someone can find a place it exists prior to the leak, its useless for disproving it sadly.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
I was mostly talking about this leak not characters that have already been revealed I thought thats what this thread discussion was for.
I get that dude, it's just that you seem to be disappointed that you've only seen two more characters that you think are worthwhile. The roster was already going to be huge, just how much more greedy do you need to be?

masterluigi1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2623-2545
The only problem is that image seemed to appear after the leak, no one seems to be able to pinpoint where it originated from, so it may have been created from the leak to discredit it.

Until someone can find a place it exists prior to the leak, its useless for disproving it sadly.
by "created from the leak", do you mean that someone else created a replica of the render shown in the leak or that this is the in game render?

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
I get that dude, it's just that you seem to be disappointed that you've only seen two more characters that you think are worthwhile. The roster was already going to be huge, just how much more greedy do you need to be?
Now im being greedy lol man I must come off as a bad guy im just trying to voice my opinion here. Im just saying if this leak is real it would have been better to spread the love and let other characters in rather than two clones and and more mario characters. Cause im fine with DHD and Shulk even though im not really a fan of DHD.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Now im being greedy lol man I must come off as a bad guy im just trying to voice my opinion here. Im just saying if this leak is real it would have been better to spread the love and let other characters in rather than two clones and and more mario characters. Cause im fine with DHD and Shulk even though im not really a fan of DHD.
Ok, I guess that's cool. I'm pretty sure the game's going to be amazing either way, and we already have the best Smash roster in the universe. Things can only get better.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
What they mean is that if they can do it in Project M, which can only do what Super Smash Bros. Brawl is capable of doing, then they can do it in the official thing as well even more easily. In fact, the Project M team even stated that Mario's Fireball was special in that it was the only attack in Brawl that allowed for the sound effect to change, changing the 'put' sound effect of the Fireballs for the sound effect of the MegaVitamins.
In fact, the Dr. Mario listed in Brawl's code may have been meant to actually be a costume for Mario for this reason alone. Its a little known fact that although Overalls Wario is just a costume change, its still listed in the code the exact same way a separate character is, so the possibility for Dr. Mario to have originally been a costume in Brawl still remains.

In order for the costume to be a costume and not effect gameplay, yes, the MegaVitamin functions exactly like the Fireball..not that the MegaVitamin acted that differently from the Fireball in Melee to begin with.
"Oh look, Dr. Mario has a code in Brawl and Wario has a costume, Dr. Mario must have been a costume!"
R.I.P Logic

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
by "created from the leak", do you mean that someone else created a replica of the render shown in the leak or that this is the in game render?
I meant that its possible that someone created that render to look near identical to the Leak's Render to try and make people believe the leak isn't real, regardless of whether or not it is.
Unless someone finds somewhere that Duck Hunt Dog was uploaded to prior to the leak's release, then that possibility remains and casts a shadow on that Render's legitimacy, regardless of if its real or not because no one can prove it existed prior until then.

Sababu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sababu1
You don't get it do you?
Yes, and besides, Project M is the best Smash game. It is way better than Brawl and yes I he pills bounce like fireballs.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
"Oh look, Dr. Mario has a code in Brawl and Wario has a costume, Dr. Mario must have been a costume!"
R.I.P Logic
You clearly are not following the logic I'm speaking of.
In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario's Fireball is coded in such a way that not only can the Fireball Model be changed out for a different Model (IE: a MegaVitamin) but it's the ONLY attack in Super Smash Bros. Brawl that can have its Sound Effect changed for a Costume and not the entire character, allowing it to be given a different sound effect for a single costume or set of costumes (IE: The MegaVitamin Sound would only play if Mario was using his Dr. Mario costume and not when using his default costume).
In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Wario's Overall Costume is listed in the game's code the same way a normal character is coded, meaning that, according to the Game's Code, Overalls Wario and Biker Wario are separate characters even though they are only costumes for a single character in-game.

What this means is that had Dr. Mario been playing in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, its equally possible that Dr. Mario could have been his own character or a costume for Mario, based on the limited clues we have.

However, since Mario's Fireball, and only Mario's Fireball, was coded in such a way that it could have both its model and sound effect changed out for only one costume and not the whole character, something that even Luigi's Fireball can't do, it hints that the Super Smash Bros. Brawl team may have been planning to make Dr. Mario a costume for Mario complete with his Fireball even being swapped out for a MegaVitamin without changing its stats.

Whether you agree with Dr. Mario being a costume or not is irrelevant, I'm simply going by the facts at hand and the facts point towards Dr. Mario having originally being planned as costume for Mario rather then his character as a possibility based on clues in the coding.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Its not like PM has brawl techs in it or anything and broken tethers with melee characters getting bopped by brawl characters.
Listen, i just hate P:M because Sakurai's hard work was for nothing.
I just think thats sad.

Now if you mind me im gonna sleep.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
While I'm still trying to stay neutral or lean close to the leak being fake, there does seem to be evidence of the leak being real. However, I'm sure it's not completely real. DLC characters? If they're in playable condition, why not add them in the game itself without the need to download? The DLC characters mentioned would also fit along with the other characters on the character-select screen. (As in there is enough space for them.)

Some of the renders seem very real. While it's possible the leaker just used photoshop or something and made models based off of existing pictures, there are some like the Duck Hunt model that he would have to make from scratch, and some would have to be edited more and have a different position to completely match what would probably be a real character. (Like Dr. Mario)

Shulk matching over Little Mac's face could mean fake, yes, but could also just be a coincidence. Some Mario pictures can perfectly or almost perfectly match over the official SSB4 artwork for Mario just by the head position:

That could also mean Dr. Mario being playable is real, at least as a Mario alt-costume.

Fire Emblem characters' faces also match up over each other:
(Neither pictures were made by me, and neither was the text on the second. Taken from another thread.)

It's still possible this leak is fake, though, because it is possible that the character models were made from scratch.

What I'm thinking is that the leak may be real but contain some fake information, such as the DLC characters, to throw people off.

Plus, this probably isn't the full roster, which would support why some characters are in a strange spot.

EDIT: I forgot some things that I know other people have discussed before, but I thought I'd put here to summarize things in 1 post.

-Mr. Game & Watch's hand isn't going over his border to Wario's. Wario's shoulder is just dark, and there's no white outline on the blackness there, so it should be obvious that it's not part of Mr. Game & Watch if you look closely.

-Miis not showing up could be because customization is turned off. They are characters you customize yourself, more than their moveset.

-Ness's model does seem similar to that one leaked model where he's holding his bat in one hand and making a peace sign with his other hand, but you can tell his body is in a different position in this new leak, and design somewhat different. Why that small detail, where there's an extra yellow line on his shirt, is missing is weird though, but it could be that they decided to change that this game for some reason. The nice thing is that if Ness is revealed before release with a different model from this leak, the leak loses some credibility and makes it lean towards fake some more. Of course, it's obvious that Ness is going to be in anyway.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
If you want Project M just play Melee. -.-
Not the same thing..what if people want to enjoy the Brawl newcomers in a Melee-style game?
Well thats what the creators of P:M tries to do...
No its not. The Project M team even stated that they weren't trying to recreate Melee, just implement what made it popular with the Tournament Scene.
I don't care about any of that though..except for removing the tripping..I just like that they added new costumes and colours, and added Mewtwo & Roy back in, as well as Dr. Mario in a way by making him a costume, along with new stages and new Retro stages in the form of some 64 and Melee stages..
Listen, i just hate P:M because Sakurai's hard work was for nothing.
I just think thats sad.
No it wasn't. They didn't replace the models or most of the movesets he created or most of the stages or songs he implemented, they more built upon what Sakurai has created.
Not only that, but Project M actually improved the sales of Brawl, even if only a little bit, due to people who didn't like the differences and didn't buy it going out and buying the game to enjoy it...especially since the Project M team directly stated that they would never make a version that would work without a copy of Brawl.

Its really no different then modding a PC Game to get some more enjoyment out of it. The only difference is that this mod is for a Console Game, which rarely happens for multiple reasons.

I honestly don't think Sakurai minds that much, personally, since at long as people enjoy Smash, I think he's happy, and he has gone on record before stating that he believes Melee is a better game then Brawl at the end of the day, which I don't personally believe since I enjoy Brawl more (but Project M even more due to the new colours, costumes, and reimplemented characters).

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Why is the bottom screen and top screen so close together? I have never seen any 3DS look like that.

Also note that the color
"Dark Pit" was removed from Pit's pallet its been more than likely he is his own character regardless of this leak being real or not.
Same thing was Gameboy Kirby, I made a whole thread about that. But it came back.

Last edited by a moderator:

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Why is the bottom screen and top screen so close together? I have never seen any 3DS look like that.
Using a capture device and then playing it on a computer or television screen will produce that result. You do not see the division because a 3DS capture device was used.

This is fake. Ganondorf's backroll is a direct copy and paste from brawl.
Or he's still a clone and they didn't bother changing his moveset. Don't get me wrong, still hoping it's fake, but that's not really evidence.

MrWatchMeGame

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kidd Micc
I don't see how I validated your point.
I said that Lucina was originally an alt, likely with her own name and voice. The only reason I see her becoming a character is because Sakurai wanted a Roy-style clone (any gameplay changes would have to be done on purpose, not just by applying a costume)
I also said that Dark Pit, being a literal clone of Pit, has the same exact stats as Pit in Kid Icarus: Uprising, so why would he be different in Smash Bros?

They called WireFrame Mac a costume, yes, but they also called the Skyloft-style Link a Costume when its clearly just a texture swap.
Is it a costume from a technical standpoint, yes, but so is Fire Mario and Daisy Peach, but in the context of the comment I was replying to, its not the same as the more 'special' alternate costumes it was lumped with like Female Villager, Female Robin, and Male Wii Fit Trainer, when paired with those, Little Mac's alternate costume would be Sweatsuit Mac.

When it comes to games, I consider a True Alternate Costume to be one that changes the model itself where as the ones that don't were originally Palette Swaps, but now that they change more then previously, I call them Texture Swaps...don't get me wrong though, I love how fancy they are going with their Textures this time around.

I don't really care what you have to say about Lucina I know what Sakurai said but when it comes down to Dark Pit u r contradicting yourself! This is you in you own words I just copied and paste it

"As for Dark Pit, he's his own established character separate from Pit.
Also, Sakurai hasn't always been one to confirm something right away. He shown off a Pic of the Day showing off both Female and Male Wii Fit Trainers half a year before revealing Male Wii Fit Trainer as a costume during the Smash Bros. Direct and then there's the Ridley Trolling he's still doing a full year after first teasing Ridley as a boss but not outright confirming it.
Dark Pit could still be a character, just with his own Name and Voice similar to how Lucina would have had her own voice and the Male/Female WFTs and Robin have their own voices. He would be like a pseudo-character."

Like I said u just validated my point which is Dark Pit will not be an alt and you clearly agree..

NNID
Majorasmask66
I don't see how I validated your point.
I said that Lucina was originally an alt, likely with her own name and voice. The only reason I see her becoming a character is because Sakurai wanted a Roy-style clone (any gameplay changes would have to be done on purpose, not just by applying a costume)
I also said that Dark Pit, being a literal clone of Pit, has the same exact stats as Pit in Kid Icarus: Uprising, so why would he be different in Smash Bros?

They called WireFrame Mac a costume, yes, but they also called the Skyloft-style Link a Costume when its clearly just a texture swap.
Is it a costume from a technical standpoint, yes, but so is Fire Mario and Daisy Peach, but in the context of the comment I was replying to, its not the same as the more 'special' alternate costumes it was lumped with like Female Villager, Female Robin, and Male Wii Fit Trainer, when paired with those, Little Mac's alternate costume would be Sweatsuit Mac.

When it comes to games, I consider a True Alternate Costume to be one that changes the model itself where as the ones that don't were originally Palette Swaps, but now that they change more then previously, I call them Texture Swaps...don't get me wrong though, I love how fancy they are going with their Textures this time around.
Yea i agree with the fire mario thing about costumes. Its not really a costume.I think if its a drastic change in texture then it is. If its just a color change i dont consider it and if its barley anything then i dont consider that a drastic change to the point it could be called an alternate costume.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Let's avoid " P:M vs every Smash game" debates, shall we? They aren't allowed on Smashboards and certainly don't follow the topic at hand.

CrimsonYoshi

Smash Apprentice
The M&L composer is working on this....is the pink stage possibly the Dream World?

There is also this

Someone should look and see if Charizard's model matches up with the real one. I would do it but ehh.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
I'm starting to think its real. I dont like it. I very much wanted king k. rool. If they do duck hunt dog right and bring in king k. rool as DLC then it might make up for this disappointing roster. I'd also love krystal and sukapon too. I don't think it is good to remove wolf but if he is dlc then that is fine.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I don't really care what you have to say about Lucina I know what Sakurai said but when it comes down to Dark Pit u r contradicting yourself! This is you in you own words I just copied and paste it

"As for Dark Pit, he's his own established character separate from Pit.
Also, Sakurai hasn't always been one to confirm something right away. He shown off a Pic of the Day showing off both Female and Male Wii Fit Trainers half a year before revealing Male Wii Fit Trainer as a costume during the Smash Bros. Direct and then there's the Ridley Trolling he's still doing a full year after first teasing Ridley as a boss but not outright confirming it.
Dark Pit could still be a character, just with his own Name and Voice similar to how Lucina would have had her own voice and the Male/Female WFTs and Robin have their own voices. He would be like a pseudo-character."

Like I said u just validated my point which is Dark Pit will not be an alt and you clearly agree..
I really don't see what you mean..
Sakurai also said this..
"Initially, I had considered including Lucina as one of Marth's alternate costumes. After all, she has a close relationship with him in FE:A. In such cases, even if two characters' names and voices differ, as long as they function the same way, I assign them as alternate costumes. The Wii Fit Trainers, Villagers, and Robin are examples of this setup.

However, even though Lucina shares her physical stats and techniques with Marth, the characteristics of their attacks differ. When two such similar characters function in an even slightly different manner, I give them a separate spot on the roster since that will affect battle records and whatnot. In that sense, you could say she was very lucky to join the fray!"
Since Lucina was originally going to be an alt, and Sakurai specified only if attacks are different, this means that even though Dark Pit is his own character in canon, he could still appear as an alternate costume for Pit because they share physical stats and techniques and they also acted exactly the same in Kid Icarus Uprising..so unless Sakurai decides to make Pit have attacks that function differently, which he didn't have in Kid Icarus Uprising, then there's no reason why he can't be an alternate costume for Pit.

I don't see anywhere in there that could be misconstrued as me thinking Dark Pit can't be an alternate costume..

Evilmagic101

Smash Rookie
Everyone seems very off put by the dlc portion of this leak. I know it wasn't said but what I think is the balancing took them longer to do than they thought. And after already putting out a release date instead of pushing back the 3DS launch closer the Wii U's they just cut a few characters they were working on. So instead of losing sales to people who would just wait a little longer for the Wii U version they will launch the Wii U with the "full" roster and put a free update dlc for the 3DS to match the roster like was promised.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom