• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Leaked Roster Surfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
A little note with the clones: in Melee, when the roster was fully unlocked, the clones were grouped with whatever franchise they represented.

Young Link was grouped with the LoZ characters, as he represented LoZ.
Dr. Mario was grouped with the Mario characters, as he represented Super Mario.
Pichu was grouped with the Pokemon characters, as he represented Pokemon.
Falco was grouped with Fox, as he, too, represents Star Fox.
and so on and so forth.

A case could be made for Ganondorf, but even he got lumped in with the LoZ characters, as his space is right above Young Link's.

I know Sakurai is one for doing things a certain way, but even he wouldn't be this unprofessional with the roster.

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
A little note with the clones: in Melee, when the roster was fully unlocked, the clones were grouped with whatever franchise they represented.

Young Link was grouped with the LoZ characters, as he represented LoZ.
Dr. Mario was grouped with the Mario characters, as he represented Super Mario.
Pichu was grouped with the Pokemon characters, as he represented Pokemon.
Falco was grouped with Fox, as he, too, represents Star Fox.
and so on and so forth.

A case could be made for Ganondorf, but even he got lumped in with the LoZ characters, as his space is right above Young Link's.

I know Sakurai is one for doing things a certain way, but even he wouldn't be this unprofessional with the roster.
its true,soo true

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
dr mario should be an alt for mario
dark pit should be an alt for pit
duck hunt dog while a classic i think is too obscure to be playable. i mean, what can he do? i know the argument about villager and wii fit trainer not having moves to pull from, but sakurai did alright with them but the duck hunt dog seems even less so. i think h'ed make a great assist trophy shooting ducks flying across the screen and anyone in the way of his shots gets hit. not to mention he gets in over takamaru.
and bowser jr.? we dont need 6 mario reps.
FAKE!!!

modshroom128

Smash Cadet
NNID
katamari
Warning Received
so many people in denial.

it's real, no matter how much you don't want it to be.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The title of the article said 'Potential Leaked Roster' and the picture along side is a very small character select screen that you'd have to intentionally focus on to see what's actually in it.

If you didn't take the hint from the title, or saw a very busy character select screen and intentionally stared at it, that's your fault, no one elses.
Technically, every roster leak is a "potential" leaked roster until proven wrong (i.e. at first glance, and before it is analysed). This is far from the first roster leak of this kind, and there is nothing about it that makes it a cut above the rest. It's especially easy to knock down this one down since we know more concrete facts about the game and it's menus, while most "Potential Leaked Rosters" were made before the game's menu aesthetics were actually known.

So the title of the article doesn't really excuse treating this "leak" with extra merit than the rest, especially since many topics for specific leaks get closed (and the comments section for this article has basically become a forum topic, it's no different in function - so this leak was basically allowed it's own topic for no good reason).

People who visit this site and are none the wiser, and view it as a reliable source/in high standing within the Smash Community, will see this article and assume this is the full roster. Which is why it's a problem.

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
so many ****ing people in denial.

it's real you *******, no matter how much you don't want it to be.
******* as in, anyone who has more than one braincell and can't believe the roster will be so lackluster? We're missing major fan-favorites here, ESPECIALLY Mewtwo, Dr. Mario over him? I doubt it.

Last edited:

HONY

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2638-1450-7268
This roster is excellent. I really hope this is real.

I never understand any of the logic for clones being a bad thing or a lazy thing. First of all that's extremely entitled of you to think they owe you more than they've already done with this game (Which is a LOT. Sakurai is literally going to die trying to make you people happy). And Secondly they only have a certain amount of development time and resources and to make all you whiners happy they know they need a healthy, beefed up roster so it definitely saves some money and time to have "clone characters." That's a bad way to look at it though, think of it as more content that we wouldn't have even of had that they somehow found a way to squeeze in to the end product.

And in regards to everyone complaining that they wouldn't make the dlc 4 veterans and 1 newcomer, all of you are complaining that this or that character wouldn't be left out and put on dlc but thats exactly why it makes sense. The characters on the dlc are the perfect characters to make you want to buy it. It's smart marketing. We'll all want that one newcomer, and snake as a 3rd party addition, lucas and wolf as clones, and we'll be missing ice climbers. We'll all buy it. It's quite smart.

All of the "questionable art" has not had a source found for it yet. Dark pit, bowser jr, dr mario, duck hunt and ganon all have pics here with new models and close ups to back up the claim. I'm not saying I think its definite but you're delusional if you think this is impossible.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
This roster is excellent. I really hope this is real.

I never understand any of the logic for clones being a bad thing or a lazy thing. First of all that's extremely entitled of you to think they owe you more than they've already done with this game (Which is a LOT. Sakurai is literally going to die trying to make you people happy). And Secondly they only have a certain amount of development time and resources and to make all you whiners happy they know they need a healthy, beefed up roster so it definitely saves some money and time to have "clone characters." That's a bad way to look at it though, think of it as more content that we wouldn't have even of had that they somehow found a way to squeeze in to the end product.

And in regards to everyone complaining that they wouldn't make the dlc 4 veterans and 1 newcomer, all of you are complaining that this or that character wouldn't be left out and put on dlc but thats exactly why it makes sense. The characters on the dlc are the perfect characters to make you want to buy it. It's smart marketing. We'll all want that one newcomer, and snake as a 3rd party addition, lucas and wolf as clones, and we'll be missing ice climbers. We'll all buy it. It's quite smart.

All of the "questionable art" has not had a source found for it yet. Dark pit, bowser jr, dr mario, duck hunt and ganon all have pics here with new models and close ups to back up the claim. I'm not saying I think its definite but you're delusional if you think this is impossible.
It's not that, it's missing fan-favorites like Ridley, Mewtwo and K.Rool.

AZ_Spellbound

Smash Journeyman
I'm calling shenanigans. As much as I would love this list to be a reality, but I have my doubts.

Leonyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Leonyx3
3DS FC
2638-1926-1616
I haven't fully read through this so someone could have brought this up, but in regards to certain characters not showing up with their respective series: is it possible that all of the characters are not unlocked yet/unavailable in this build, and so the characters are just off until the full roster is added? I recall in previous games (aside from Smash 64) the select screen would drastically change depending on the order characters were unlocked. It's possible the same could be happening here. Has this been declared to be the full roster or could we be missing some fighters?

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
Fake. Why would Lucina be so far away from the rest of the Fire Emblem cast?? fail.
Because her, dark pit, and dr mario are in the "semi clone" section. Only reason I can think of.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Wait, I just realized the lack of an Idolm@ster character! Fake!

Anyways, I noticed the CSS has Shulk, Pac, Mega, Sonic
While the SSS has Xeno, Mega, Pac, Sonic. It bothers me that the order changed. I know that doesn't make it fake, I just found it irritating. All the points about the name tag being replaced by levels is enough for me to deem it fake.

Because her, dark pit, and dr mario are in the "semi clone" section. Only reason I can think of.
Toon Link.

Last edited:

Rambeard

Smash Apprentice
Until the game comes out, all "leaked" roster photos are fake. That's just me. I'm a huge skeptic when something leaks.

HONY

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2638-1450-7268
It's not that, it's missing fan-favorites like Ridley, Mewtwo and K.Rool.
Well yeah :/ that is a shame if its the case. But I don't think it's wise to count this out just because the loud minority that cares about mewtwo and ridley (and ill count myself with the k rool supporters) will be upset about it.

I remember reading somewhere that there was a boss mode in development for the wii u and Ridley and K Rool would be represented there. One player plays the boss on the game pad and the other 4 players play with gamecube controllers. Could be cool.

JCDied4U

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sieger
I would love to see Duck Hunt dog in there. Probably the only reasonable character that make sense in this roster leak. Aside from that, these pictures came from 4chan and that fact alone debunks this leak. Come on people, you can do better than this.
Shulk doesn't make sense?
so many ****ing people in denial.

it's real you *******, no matter how much you don't want it to be.
You can't be serious about this being real. Sure there's a chance, but there's many issues with this leak. This is also over looking the fact that anyone with some time and skills can make something convincing like this.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
There's no way Sakurai kept ****ing ROB, but left out Ice Climbers.

I consider this fake for all the reasons above, but also the lack of Ridey and Mewtwo, who I have high certainty for (Especially Ridley)
There's your problem. You've convinced yourself that they are going to happen when they might in fact not.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
I Can Say All The Stages So From Top Left to Bottom Right we have

BattleField (Smash Bros Series)
Final Destination (Smash Bros Series)
3D Land (Super Mario 3D Land)
Golden Plains (New Super Mario Bros 2)
Paper Mario Stage (Paper Mario Sticker Star)
Rainbow Road (Mario Kart 7)
Mushroomy Kingdom (Returning from SSBB)
Jungle Japes (Coming Back From melee)
Gerudo Valley (Ocarina of Time)
Sprit Train (Sprit Tracks)
Yoshi's Island (Coming Back from Brawl)
Brinstar (Coming Back from Melee)
N's Castle (Pokémon Black and White)
Lumiose City (Pokémon X And Y)
Cornira (Coming Back from Melee)
An F-Zero Stage
Arena Ferox (Fire Emblem Awakening)
Tortimer Island (Animal Crossing New Leaf)
Kirby's Dreamland (The GameBoy Stage)
Reset Bomb Forest (KI : Uprising)
Wario Ware (Coming Back from Brawl)
Distant Planet (Coming Back from Brawl)
Boxing Arena (Punch-Out!!)
Magicant (EarthBound)
Living Room (Nintendogs + Cats)
Tomodachi Life (Tomodachi Life)
PictoChat (Back from From Brawl)
Find Mii/Streetpass Quest (Find Mii/Streetpass Quest)
Balloon Fight (Balloon Fight)
Flat Zone 2 (Back From Brawl)
Guar Plains (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Dr.Willy's Castle (Mega Man 2)
Pac-Maze (Pac-Man)
Green Hill Zone (Sonic the Hedgehog)

Oh And Even if it is fake you have got To Give major props to the Duck Hunt ArtWork it looks very Believable! :D Hope This Helped!

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
This new leak is so fake it hurts. But you have to give the person credit for trying so hard.

They made their own clever renders and shops, but have tons of flaws here and there.

The backstory is completely bogus: the person "who works for esrb" has screens at the resolution of a 3ds and claims to have played it. ESRB only watches videos of the game including any potential material that could alter the rating. If he took a picture it would be on a screen projecting directly recorded gameplay from the 3ds, there wouldn't be any screen artifacts from the 3ds, there would be screen artifacts from a different type of screen.

what esrb person cares about smash bros?

lastly, the "choices for characters" make no sense, and their placement in the "final roster" makes less sense designwise.

-DLC characters are unlikely; Chorus Men and shulk are to conform to the gematsu leak which turned out to be false when chom ain't making it. their likelyhood as characters is laughable
-Dr Mario (however much i miss his character) has such a small chance of coming back, far less than other characters, like mewtwo.
-Dark pit would have been revealed as a character when the palutena video came out. little reason he'd be a clone, if there are literally no other clones confirmed.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
This new leak is so fake it hurts. But you have to give the person credit for trying so hard.

They made their own clever renders and shops, but have tons of flaws here and there.

The backstory is completely bogus: the person "who works for esrb" has screens at the resolution of a 3ds and claims to have played it. ESRB only watches videos of the game including any potential material that could alter the rating. If he took a picture it would be on a screen projecting directly recorded gameplay from the 3ds, there wouldn't be any screen artifacts from the 3ds, there would be screen artifacts from a different type of screen.

what esrb person cares about smash bros?

lastly, the "choices for characters" make no sense, and their placement in the "final roster" makes less sense designwise.

-DLC characters are unlikely; Chorus Men and shulk are to conform to the gematsu leak which turned out to be false when chom ain't making it. their likelyhood as characters is laughable
-Dr Mario (however much i miss his character) has such a small chance of coming back, far less than other characters, like mewtwo.
-Dark pit would have been revealed as a character when the palutena video came out. little reason he'd be a clone, if there are literally no other clones confirmed.
You Forget we have a Rhythm Heaven In Smash Run Shulk's VO saying he has worked on Exciting Games this year but cannot say what they are And The WTF Tweet from Xenoblade Director's all point to Shulk and a RH Rep I'd say they have a Better Chance then Mewtwo :p

Last edited:

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Anyone notice the Smash logo is on Boxing Ring rather than the Punch Out fighting league thing?
You do realize this stage just has alternate versiosn to it, right? Sakurai clarified this when he revealed Little Mac's, as well as his themed stage variation for the boxing ring.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
Remember guys. People claimed that Melee's and Brawl's rosters were fake when they were coming out. They weren't.

Never say they are fake for sure! Because they may end up real! No not all the characters you want will happen. Even the ones you are "sure will be in".

That's how it is. Besides that though the leaker said that might not be all the characters in the default roster so Mewtwo or another newcomer could still be secret.

UppercutSun

Smash Rookie
NNID
grumpyclef
3DS FC
0473-8445-4444
I really believe that Duck Hunt Dog will make it in regardless. Sakurai always adds a novelty/joke character in Smash (Jigglypuff, G&W, ROB), and Sakurai himself stated that Wii Fit Trainer wasn't the joke character..

CrossbowPig

Smash Cadet
NNID
CrossbowPig
3DS FC
2621-2883-4274
The inconsistent quality ruins it for me, especially Wario's picture. I choose to remain skeptical for now, but if I'm proven wrong, then I truly did not see this coming.

Also, I seriously doubt they would remove Ice Climbers. What would be the point in removing a character with an original moveset and unique dynamic? EDIT: Forgot Ice Climbers were supposed to be DLC. Thanks guys! :bee:

Last edited:

SmashBros50

Smash Apprentice
The inconsistent quality ruins it for me, especially Wario's picture. I choose to remain skeptical for now, but if I'm proven wrong, then I truly did not see this coming.

Also, I seriously doubt they would remove Ice Climbers. What would be the point in removing a character with an original moveset and unique dynamic?
Ice Climbers was said to be DLC in that leak

Hidden Pixl

Smash Rookie
I would believe this is it had the Mii's in the roster, but it doesn't.... So it's fake... I guess the "leaker" either hated that the Mii's were added or forgot to add the Mii's to his roster.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629

Also, I seriously doubt they would remove Ice Climbers. What would be the point in removing a character with an original moveset and unique dynamic?
ICE CLIMBERS ARE DLC

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
I would believe this is it had the Mii's in the roster, but it doesn't.... So it's fake... I guess the "leaker" either hated that the Mii's were added or forgot to add the Mii's to his roster.
Ever Thought Mii's Would Disappear if Customizations are turned off? it shows That The customizations are off so it could explain the Absence of Mii's

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
So this person has a copy of the game and decides to only take these pictures? Show Duck Hunt Dog in battle. Show some more of the menus and game modes. But instead you show some of the easiest stuff to fake? Geez...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom