• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Leaked Roster Surfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
Only character I like there is bowser jr. I'm not sure if real or not but I sure hope not. Also why would they add dark pit over dark samus, samus has been there since day 1 and still hasn't got a new rep, I don't count zamus

KidKrimzon

Smash Cadet
NNID
KidKrimzon
I don't care how fake this is, I'm so very much okay if this were real!

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
Ness' shirt stripes are out of line.

Among other things, despite looking pretty well-done in CERTAIN places, I'm calling fake.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Besides what's already pointed out, we have stragglers not placed near their fellow IP-mates (Lucina, Dr. Mario, Dark Pit), and Ganondorf's resolution looks terrible. You can't even see his face in the character select, it's so dark!

What's up with the "?" over Mewtwo, anyway? Considering 4chan is the source, it seems likely that's a troll.

Last edited:

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Its absolutely a fake.

For example the Rooster is mussy. The Zelda characters are side by side. And the Kid Icarus or Fire Emblem characters? Darkpit and Lucina are at the bottom on the right.

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Y is Yoshi in between the super mario series reps? That's odd. I think dr mario n dark pit r still alts with different render artwork. That being said, someone did a little photo shop to cover their *** while leaking.

Smashiny

Smash Journeyman
Its absolutely a fake.

For example the Rooster is mussy. The Zelda characters are side by side. And the Kid Icarus or Fire Emblem characters? Darkpit and Lucina are at the bottom on the right.
Yeah, but it's possible that the carbon copy clones like Lucina and Dark pit would be put together of course...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Duck Hunt Dog looks amazing! If this is real, he will be my main and R.O.B. will be demoted to my secondary.

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Another thing, this all comes from 4chan. Why would anyone believe anything from these guys when they're really good at pulling off fake BS information on anything left and right?

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
[quote="Calibrate, post: 17337510, member: 246672"Dr. Mario and Dark Pit? Great, two more clones. No M2, Ridley or Rool?

Duck hunt dog = meh[/quote]

Admittedly, this game's three new clones (counting Dr. Mario as new) is betree than Melee's five. And Duck Hunt Dog was the only "meh" other character, so if you're displeased with 4/48 of the roster, that's not that bad.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Yeah, but it's possible that the carbon copy clones like Lucina and Dark pit would be put together of course...
Quite possible. But I believe the developers would put immediately the franchises together like in Melee and Brawl. It would be to much work to put them apart and later together. Plus if you want a certain character from a franchises, you would look at the characters with the correct franchises. Its easier I think.

Booster

Smash Lord
Warning Received
I call shenanigans on this. Doctor Mario at best would be an alternate costume for Mario at best, "Duck Hunt's" real name is Mr. Peepers (Look it up), Sakurai himself said he likes Lucas, ROB sucks and why is there a question mark on Mewtwo? This is the most shenanigan leak I've ever seen, I'm not blaming Smashboards they just provided a picture, but there is too much shenanigans here...also it's 4Chan

Last edited by a moderator:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Another thing, this all comes from 4chan. Why would anyone believe anything from these guys when they're really good at pulling off fake BS information on anything left and right?
When Brawl was coming out, there was a leak from 4-chan that was 100% correct very similar to this one.

No place is safe.

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
When Brawl was coming out, there was a leak from 4-chan that was 100% correct very similar to this one.

No place is safe.
How would anyone on 4chan even get their hands on the game in the first place when it hasn't been released anywhere? The only plausible explanation would be some prick from Nintendo or someone from the development team decided to do this without anyone's consent.

I would honestly rather wait until Sakurai himself sheds light on any kind of topic rather than buying whatever random leaks might be shown to the internet. They could very well be "professionally" fabricated and believing them without questioning them would be outright stupid.

Just because they happened to be right before doesn't mean they will be every single time. People need to wait, once tons of players get their hands on a Japanese copy because they can't wait another month for whatever reason, we'll be able to find out about the real full roster and any other content people mindlessly speculate about.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
How would anyone on 4chan even get their hands on the game in the first place when it hasn't been released anywhere? The only plausible explanation would be some prick from Nintendo or someone from the development team decided to do this without anyone's consent.

I would honestly rather wait until Sakurai himself sheds light on any kind of topic rather than buying whatever random leaks might be shown to the internet. They could very well be "professionally" fabricated and believing them without questioning them would be outright stupid.

Just because they happened to be right before doesn't mean they will be every single time. People need to wait, once tons of players get their hands on a Japanese copy because they can't wait another month for whatever reason, we'll be able to find out about the real full roster and any other content people mindlessly speculate about.
Yeah, like I told you on Skype. Sakurai will be the one to kill this leak with the next newcomer/veteran reveal. And to be fair, 4Chan is accessible to anyone and everyone, it is also the best place to post as an anon.

But there's so much to take in right now.

Booster

Smash Lord
Sakurai: **** Another Leak...hmm DLC characters? HANZ UNLOCK THE ON DISC DLC FOR CHORUS MEN, MAKE HIM FIGHT MEWTWO IN THE TRAILER WE'RE GOING TO MAKE, GO GO GO GO GOOOOOOOOOOO

zero sum

Smash Apprentice
So did the leaker actually explain the ? over Mewtwo?
believe that was to indicate that there may be more characters to unlock, provided that the leak is real; if anyone could correct me, that'd be great

e: so i don't double post:

honestly i wouldn't be displeased if this were real. if mewtwo isn't in i'll be disappointed but i'll make do with luke and dark pit seems a bit lazy (and i'm ehhh on DLC but that's another story), but i'm a big fan of duck hunt dog + bowser jr being in the games. i love doc too.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I say this is fake. Sorry, I just don't think it's real. I mean, the Mr. Game and Watch hand thing and Wario's missing a pupil thing are very suspicious. Even so, weren't all the character background screens yellow (on the roster, the background behind every character was yellow)? And I honestly don't think that the Ice Climbers, Wolf, OR Lucas are going anywhere. One final thing, the ? on Mewtwo was never explained, which leads to even more suspicion on whether or not this is real. Bottom line, nice try 4chan. This is fake.

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
This is absolutely hilarious lol how is a cut character like Dr. Mario going to come back how can anyone believe this XD. I thought Sakurai said to cut down on clones now I see Dark Pit and Dr mario lol. And yeah I know we already have Lucina and TL im pretty sure Sakurai wouldn't overkill this roster with even more clones.

Last edited:

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Plus Mewtwo will not come back. Its the same thought like Roy will come back. Its senseless. Lucario is already in.

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
More blurry, ghetto-quality photos. This **** always turns out fake.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Even if it's fake; that is a beautiful Duck Hunt Dog model.

Although slightly pissed we got three Mario characters and not one of them was the one I wanted. Frigging Doc.

I'm not gonna say it's real or fake yet. The next vet reveal will confirm or deconfirm this when we see the official artwork.

Exciting though! Been a while since we had something interesting to speculate over.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I see people complaining about character placement, but here is a thought.

1. Not all characters are unlocked.
2. After brawl hacking, it is very easy to change the CSS. This could still be a demo placement for the characters. They will be ordered proper when the game is officially released.

MugenLord

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MugenLord
3DS FC
4339-2485-7226
So...should we discuss this here?
Or just lament it's uncontested legitimacy?

I, for one, think it's fake. There's so much that doesn't add up here.
I highly doubt we'd get Dr. Mario, DHD, Dark Pit, while cutting Ice Climbers, Lucas and Wolf and not adding Mewtwo.

Plus, Shulk's face looks like Pit, and his hair like Male Robin. A lot of these things, at this resolution, could have been Photoshopped. Additionally, the fact that the cut characters are all DLC is a HUGE red flag for me, because seriously, that's stupid.
I have no doubt for a fact but Iately fighting games as of now have been doing the stupidest things that I can't even begin to describe. Marvel vs Capcom 3, had every Mega Man Character but Mega Man himself. Street Fight x Tekken even revealed Cody and Guy way before launch and expected that the both of them were going to be in the starting roster. Then a leak list came out stating that CodyxGuy were DLC Characters, along with SakuraxBlanka etc. Everyone didn't believe and said the list had to be fake because CodyxGuy and few other characters that were logical to a roster starter were DLC. The game was released and CodyxGuy weren't even in the game and they ended up being DLC.

I pray that this roster isn't true. Dark Pit? Doctor Mario? Like come on, please don't through a melee on us. I was really disappointed when I discovered all the clones for the first time in Melee -__-

AB-80

Smash Apprentice
A couple things that I'm thinking..

-Having the names on the CSS could be from the earlier builds when there were less characters available. Lets take into consideration the characters that have been revealed already... put them all on a CSS screen... gets kind of crowded with small pictures if you include all of their names. That's just my opinion.

-And everyone should just stare at that Duck Hunt Dog bottom screen art. That is just so well done... I don't get how you can discredit that. No matter how hard you try. It's on point.

Let's say hypothetically you call it fake.. how can you have someone with such great skill create that art on the bottom, but come up so short in places in the top screen? It just doesn't add up for me. I want to believe this is real.

But I consider this..
We get a leaked picture of Japanese box art, but we're getting leaked pictures of english screenshots when the game comes out a month earlier in Japn? That's a big red flag for me.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Another problem that I think people are missing is the fact that the "Duck Hunt" character portrait implies that the Dog and the Duck are a team, both being equally important to the team-up. And as pointed out before, the dog actually has a name, so if the dog WAS the only major part of the character, they'd just call the character "Mr. Peepers" rather than "Duck Hunt", which implies a team. This has been done with Olimar, who is just named after himself in-game, and his CSS icon doesn't display the Pikmin since they are ammunition rather than characters that co-operate with him. But the CSS icon on the top screen only shows the dog. Yet, Rosalina & Luma both appear in their CSS icon (which is consistent with their official CSS icon in the Wii U version, as we've seen in the demo build), since both Rosalina & Luma are equally integral parts of the pairing and are literally two different characters just made to work together. The other team-based characters, Ice Climbers, were also both visible in their portrait in Brawl too.

So essentially, we have only had two team-based characters in the history of the franchise, and both are named in a way that indicates they are a team, and the CSS icons for them depict both characters in the pair. However, "Duck Hunt" implies a team-up too, yet only portrays the assumed "base" character in the CSS icon (much like how Rosalina and Popo are the "base" character in their respective pairs). Why is that the case?

And I don't see renders that LOOK "official and new" to be any evidence, since the photos are so blurry and often have light covering half of these renders, which would conveniently cover up any photoshopping/modelling blunders. And even then, we can spot some problems with them (is it just me or does Shulk's hair in his render look less detailed than the other realistic human renders, like Robin?).

I think this news post was definitely made pre-maturely, since as soon as it was made, everyone could tear it apart anyway. In the future, wait until people have gotten the chance to thoroughly analyse it first.

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
Its so obvious why its in low quality to if it were in high quality we would be able to point out more inconsistencies with the art for some of the characters. Besides that wierd looking G&W hands thats coming out of the side. Other than that ill say its faker than the gematsu leak which at least had something going for it but this thing.... needs to die a horrible death of fire and brimstone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom