• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Leaked Roster Surfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
This leak is identical to the roster of Ninka Kiwi leak, which seemed realistic. At the same time though it seems fake the certain characters like Lucina or Dark Pit are placed nowhere near their franchise colleagues.

Legaci

Smash Cadet
Seems pretty fake to me. The way the characters are organized and the graphical errors give it away, but that's just me. Also..
>Doctor Mario and Dark Pit as stand alone characters and not alternate costumes.

Last edited:

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
This is so fake it's not even funny. (Actually, It's kinda funny) Wario's pupil is missing, Game and watch's arm is sticking out of his slot, the characters aren't all with the other characters from their games, etc. Shulk was also easily just Photoshoped onto little Mac, which someone else proved in an eariler post

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
That Ness render is horrifying. Super fake.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Well, if this is legit, I think I will grow to love this roster, just as I loved the unexpected Zero Suit Samus and Ivysaur. I mean I'm willing to take Duck Hunt and Chorus Kids even if it condemns Isaac and Takamaru to assist trophies, the lack of Ridley, K. Rool and Chibi Robo still hurts. But I got some of my most wanted characters, Lil Mac, Megaman and Shulk.

I know there's fans out there who were really wantin Bowser jr.

But this seems fake to me, Wario and G&W are throwin me off.

I can't tell if G&W hand is going into Wario's slot, or if the bad quality makes Wario's jacket look darker than it is and give the illusion of the G&W hand. I mean its so dark I can barely see Ganon.

Last edited:

NekuShikazu

Smash Journeyman
Shulk looks like he's using Little Mac's head as a template. Fake to me. Even check out Psyborgs video about it.

EDIT: Forgot to Mention, the artwork looks great for a photoshop (if it is).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, sorry, no. I can pretty much guarantee that this is fake just by glancing at it.

1. Why would they add Dr. Mario back in but cut the other veteran "clones" like Wolf and Lucas out of the initial roster?

2. Why would they add Dr. Mario back in but not Mewtwo, another Melee veteran who was cut despite not actually being a clone? Roy would be just as easy to add back in as Dr. Mario as well, so why was he excluded?

3. Why would they relegate Wolf, Lucas, Ice Climbers, and Snake to DLC? If they were going to include them, why wouldn't they just be apart of the game from the start? Wouldn't that be easier for the game developers as well as the players? It's not like these are new characters that would need to be built from the ground up. Wolf and Lucas especially, being semi-clones, would require much less work to put in the game than other characters.

4. The backgrounds behind the characters' headshot icons are static, mismatched colors based on their background colors from their profiles on the Smash4 website. Why would they change the previously seen background (all orange and pulsing with light) to that?

5. The characters' names are missing from under their headshot icons.

6. Where are the Miis?

7. Diddy Kong, Duck Hunt (Why is that the character's name? Wouldn't it be Duck Hunt Dog or something?) and Ness are shown to have been selected by actual people (they have different colored borders and P2/P3/P4 in the upper right corner) and yet they have a CPU Level listed where the players' names should be.

8. Wario is missing a pupil.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dustination

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dustination
3DS FC
5215-1019-9015
It's hilarious to me that you guys are setting your expectations so high. If you thought Sakurai was going to deliver a mind-blowing roster you were just setting yourselves up for disappointment.

A roster similar to this would be exactly what should be expected, not some of the over-the-top characters I frequently see you guys rally for. That's not to say I think it's real, though.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Then why is Toon Link not with them then?
I would suppose that of the four clones, Toon Link would have the most differences from his progenitor as opposed to the other three who are nearly identical to their originals. While Toon Link is still quite close, he is still "less identical."

Last edited:

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
That Ness render is horrifying. Super fake.
So because you subjectively think it is horrifying- it qualifies as fake?

Sounds legit.

I personally like that render. A lot.

But I'm in the middle with this "leak". On one hand, they are pouring lots of images out and secondly, the things people are pointing out such as "ESRB" are really silly. The person leaking this is apparently a reviewer, Not a person from ESRB.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Seems pretty fake to me. The way the characters are organized and the graphical errors give it away, but that's just me. Also..

>Doctor Mario and Dark Pit as stand alone characters and not alternate costumes.
Lucina.
Inb4 "he's a semi-clone"
Because he's not a full clone.

More pictures btw

So I'm gonna take the opposite side and give my positive takes and predictions from this.

1. Other characters will not be paid DLC, but rather free DLC that will come out before the WiiU version. The WiiU version will contain these characters immediately as it comes out later.
2. Shulk has a similar face and pose to Little Mac? DK and Captain Falcon do a similar pose.
3. All of these models are pretty much new. There are some issues here and there but that could just be character quality. Along with that we have yet to see any of these characters do any of these poses with the exception of the Doc and the Bowser Jr.
4. This was shown before the pic and the day, and in the pic of the day we got Brinstar reveal. This adds a bit of credibility to it.
5. The order has always been weird when it comes to not every character being unlocked. It seems we don't have the Mii Fighters unlocked in this thread.
6. If this is ESBR, then it makes sense why none of it seems like it's coming from a 3DS, but rather from a screen. They get videos, not games.

Now, this doesn't mean I approve of this roster (I don't) but it's the most convincing leak we've ever gotten.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Clones are next to each other yet Toon Link is not, CPU 4's (Kirby) box lines are a little big unlike the others.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Definitely fake, there's just so many things wrong with the character pictures here.

cutza

Smash Rookie
OF COURSE IT IS FAKE. Just take a look at Mr. Game and Watch and Wario, how his hand is clearly over Wario's box.

FAKE IT IS.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
OF COURSE IT IS FAKE. Just take a look at Mr. Game and Watch and Wario, how his hand is clearly over Wario's box.

FAKE IT IS.

...sadly, this could just be catering to Mr. Game and Watch's nature as a 2D model and his out of place personality in general...

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
Because he's not a full clone.
I'm guessing this was sarcastic. As I said on another thread, everyone has a different definition of what is and isn't a clone character. So I made my comment on the assumption that someone out there considers Toon Link to not be a full clone.

I mean he DOES have a different Fair, Nair, Bair, Usmash and Dash Attack...

Last edited:

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
My response to this is: at least they tried

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Mr. Game and Watch's hand sticking out is clearly a huge red flag to the picture. It looks so inconsistent.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
So because you subjectively think it is horrifying- it qualifies as fake?

Sounds legit.

I personally like that render. A lot.
So you personally finding appeal in that render dismisses my opinionated observation?

Sounds legit.

I personally think it's **** considering there's been a much higher quality fake render that's surfaced.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
I'm guessing this was sarcastic. As I said on another thread, everyone has a different definition of what is and isn't a clone character. So I made my comment on the assumption that someone out there considers Toon Link to not be a full clone.

I mean he DOES have a different Fair, Nair, Bair, Usmash and Dash Attack...
It was more of being a smart ass. You said "inb4 someone said semi clone". I said "he's not a full clone". I meant it in a very joking manner.

Born in 1839...

Smash Apprentice
FAKE, of course. The reasons are already listed. I have also noticed that R.O.B.'s artwork was taken from a Deviantart picture, I remember seeing it there. NICE TRY. :rob:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I don't know anymore, if it's fake, fine, if it's real I'M MAINING THE SH** OUT OF THE DUCK HUNT DOG.

jigglover

Smash Lord
This is fake because some of the characters are all over the place... Dr. Mario is a long way from the Mario franchise, and Dark Pit is a long way from KI. I didn't even realize the fact that Shulk was Shulk... I thought he was another Robin which accidentally got copied into another slot on the roster.

Plus, that Little Mac is taken from wherever Smashboards found this picture::4littlemac: The faces are identical.
I want to say that the D3 is basically Brawl's, too, but that is from memory. Greninja is also taken from the site, I believe.

Oh hey, the leak is also missing Ike. It's definitely fake then lol.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Oh by the way I'd like to pount out, if this IS real, which honestly it kinda looks like it cause those character renders look super legit, but if it is real, notice how the clone characters, Dr. Mario, Dark Pit and Lucina are all in a section of the screen together however Ganondorf and Falco are not.

You know what though? If the next character reveal is one of these characters and has the same art then yeah this is legit.

Last edited:

4nace

Smash Ace
Can some one explain to me why Ness, Diddy, and DHD have levels when they are human players?

They shouldn't have the colors and have levels. It doesn't work that way. That level spot is where the human player name goes!
It is possible that this picture is the load screen of Smash Run. Therefore there are no percents and your level is an estimate on how much stuff you collected.

Another possibility is that the characters you can customize have levels. I wouldn't say we should rule out the leak based on these menus alone as we have not seen 100% of the menus.

Primeval Weasil

Smash Rookie
[quote="
[/quote]

Is it me, or is 'ESRB0083' a boobs joke?
I think whoever faked this had a bit of fun while they did it.

WwwWario

Smash Ace
IF this is real, I would never forgive Sakurai. Bringing back the biggest clone in Smash history, AND adding Dark pit?! Of course, people here have stated many facts that heavily disproves this (which I hope is true), but if it's legit - why the heck would Sakurai add DOCTOR MARIO instead of all the other Smash veterans, or someone actually new?! This roster is too stupid, even for Sakurai to make. I don't want to believe it, and I won't believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom